West Central Community Correctional Facility Employee Reviews

Good place to begin your career, not a place to stay long term
Resident Monitor (Former Employee) –  Marysville OhioJuly 28, 2013
I worked security for this organization for 2.5 years. For the most part I really enjoyed my experience with the organization. Working with residents can be very rewarding and is fun. However, the work environment for security staff is very stressful, aided by the fact that we are poorly trained. Due to poor training, management micromanages which is frustrating. Management also attempts to motivate workforce through fear and intimidation. This tactic gave the impression that you were expendable to the organization and not valued. Dealing with management was the hardest part of the job. The residents are the best part of the job.
Pros
working with residents, good benefits
Cons
long hours, poor management, lack of training
Great for Entry-level position
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHApril 30, 2013
I enjoyed working at West Central because of the majority of the people and getting to see success stories with clients. However, there is no room for advancement, no raises, benefits kept getting cut, and very little employee recognition. One staff meeting included the Executive Director telling employees they had no morals or values due to other coworkers engaging in unethical behavior. My position was 'counselor'and it was more a 'group leader/case manager.' I left to be an addictions counselor with another agency, but am grateful fit the opportunity I had at West Central.
Great place to work and grow as a professional
Chemical Dependency Counselor (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHDecember 19, 2012
Great co-workers that have become life-long friends. Open door policy with administration. Hardest part of job was deciding when a resident needed to be unsuccessfully discharged for various reasons. The best part of the job was watching a resident grow and be discharged successfully.
Pros
education
Cons
pay rate
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHNovember 12, 2012
This was a very rewarding place to work. All staff members were invested in assisting the residents to achieve their specific goals.
Pros
watching residents become responsible peopel
Cons
not enough time in the program

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Central Community Correctional Facility. Our community is ready to answer.

West Central Community Correctional Facility Reviews by Job Title