West Chester University of Pennsylvania Employee Reviews

Administrative Assistant work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PADecember 11, 2017
Excellent work place. Very quick paced, but an interesting, fair and diverse place to work. I have been a full time employee here for 7+ years and in that time, I have had the chance to move up 4 times and my managers have been very supportive each time.
Always felt like someone cared and fun environment to work at
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 20, 2017
A typical day at work always consisted of strong communication between co workers and co workers and supervisors while performing the tasks at hand.
I learned a lot about interrelationships of the job itself and co workers and how things can go even smoother when communication is both truthful and accepted.
Management was there to help assist in what we needed to complete our goals and how to go about them.
Workplace culture was mostly free and understanding of anyone's differences with some few minor exceptions but just based on opinions.
The hardest part of the job was maintaining a good sleep schedule between shifts (overnights).
The Most enjoyable part of the job was the money and the reward of completing tasks and goals.
Pros
annual and sick time
Cons
overnight schedule
great place
Mathematic tutor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 24, 2017
its a great place to start. very safe and nice place . working with a very diverse place help people to familiar with different culture. working in a university is a very secure job.
A fantastic place with lots of opportunies
Translator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 17, 2017
A fantastic place full of opportunities, especially for students looking for oversea experiences. Although you may not get paid, but you have been provided lots of benefit.
Pros
great opportunities
Cons
No paid
Received my most notable experiences at West Chester!
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 14, 2017
If it weren't for me relocating to a different state, I just KNOW I would have a job straight out of Grad school! This University has provided me with the experiences, resources, and networking opportunities to advance my career!
Best Jobs Ever
Swim Instructor Supervisors (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAAugust 20, 2017
I worked in the summer swim lessons as well as a life guard. Very good seasonal work with excellent pay, and yearly raises. Reliable hours and room to grow to supervisor status. Best summers ever.
Great Place to Work For
Digital Media Volunteer (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 24, 2017
I took a practicum at West Chester University in the digital media center and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I still volunteer there now even though I graduated recently because it is fun and I like the people that I get to work with.
Pros
Great coworkers and management
Cons
Hard to get a paid job
Very educational and exciting
Graduate Intern (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 15, 2017
I learned a great deal about the organization of a library, and more specifically, I learned about the organization of music. The workday is very relaxed. My supervisor would give me the task of finding information about a question posed to him by a student. I would then se our online resources and hardcopy resources to answer that question.
Good work for a college student.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 1, 2017
I already submitted a review on this. I don't understand why I have to submit another one. I think the system clitched. Hopefully indeed catches the double review. Great place to work though.
Excellent School
WCU TV Studio (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 17, 2017
Excellent school with helpful teachers who help one on one during office hours. The university offers diversity, and different places for people to feel welcome.
Pros
Close niche
Fun
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 15, 2017
Working here is fun. The hours are flexible and the coworkers are great to be around. I never had and issues with people working here. And I would work here again.
Impactful Experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAApril 23, 2017
Working at WCU during my graduate experience helped to advance my experiences in graduate school and make it more affordable. I loved the professor I worked with. She helped me as a professional and a person. Great place to work!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not much advancement
Student Worker
Graduate Intern for Sykes After Dark (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMarch 27, 2017
As a graduate student working in a challenging environment, I gained a variety of skills that I use every day on both a professional and personal level.
Productive and fun work place
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 12, 2016
I held this position as an second job and it was cool. However, I didn't choose to work here for long because of my primary job, which I should of chose to continue with West Chester instead. Great place to work.
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 26, 2016
Enjoyed helping the students find information and materials to help them achieve their degrees.

Mainly worked evenings and weekends during the school years. No work when the school was on break or during the summer (except for the last 2 years when received some hours)
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
temporary position for 8 years because of the hours
graduate assistanships
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 22, 2016
Many options available to pay for graduate school including a variety of various graduate assistantships on campus. Good experiences to add to resume.
Great place to live and work!
Graduate Assistant - Department of Psychology (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 18, 2016
I've worked numerous jobs at West Chester University of Pennsylvania and have enjoyed all of them for the experience they provided me.
Amazing Institution and Great Employer
Geology and Astronomy Administrative Aide (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 17, 2014
This university has some of the finest educators the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has to offer; to work there was a pleasure.
Great Job for a college student
Tutor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 22, 2014
West Chester University offers a number of employment opportunities for the students and a great fit for someone in college full time.
Administrative Assistant to Vice President of Information Services
RECAP Intern/Admin assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 11, 2014
I obtained a degree in teaching, and I did teach high school English for abour four years; however, during my time as an undergraduate at West Chester Univeristy, I was the administrative assistant for the Vice President of Information Services. A month into my freshman year of college, I began as an intern at the help desk, and by the time my second semester arrived, I was in an office with the VP of IS. During my four years working for him, I learned the skills mentioned above, along with how to work in an office setting. Being a full-time student, and having a very important job allowed me to learn how to work under pressure, learn extremely fast, and there was absolutely no time for me second-guess myself. I developed essential character traits when it comes to any type of job: confidence and loyalty.