West Chester University of Pennsylvania Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 26, 2016
Enjoyed helping the students find information and materials to help them achieve their degrees.

Mainly worked evenings and weekends during the school years. No work when the school was on break or during the summer (except for the last 2 years when received some hours)
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
temporary position for 8 years because of the hours
graduate assistanships
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 22, 2016
Many options available to pay for graduate school including a variety of various graduate assistantships on campus. Good experiences to add to resume.
Great place to live and work!
Graduate Assistant - Department of Psychology (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 18, 2016
I've worked numerous jobs at West Chester University of Pennsylvania and have enjoyed all of them for the experience they provided me.
Administrative Assistant to Vice President of Information Services
RECAP Intern/Admin assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 11, 2014
I obtained a degree in teaching, and I did teach high school English for abour four years; however, during my time as an undergraduate at West Chester Univeristy, I was the administrative assistant for the Vice President of Information Services. A month into my freshman year of college, I began as an intern at the help desk, and by the time my second semester arrived, I was in an office with the VP of IS. During my four years working for him, I learned the skills mentioned above, along with how to work in an office setting. Being a full-time student, and having a very important job allowed me to learn how to work under pressure, learn extremely fast, and there was absolutely no time for me second-guess myself. I developed essential character traits when it comes to any type of job: confidence and loyalty.
Productive, But Office Politics
Intern (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMarch 25, 2014
I didn't experience the office politics per se since I was an intern, but there were a lot of politics. Often family favoritism, but most of the coworkers were nice.
Pros
Free lunches at conferences
Cons
Office politics
Amazing Institution and Great Employer
Geology and Astronomy Administrative Aide (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 17, 2014
This university has some of the finest educators the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has to offer; to work there was a pleasure.
Great Job for a college student
Tutor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 22, 2014
West Chester University offers a number of employment opportunities for the students and a great fit for someone in college full time.
Great University
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 22, 2012
All the professors are very nice people. The area is very rural while also being a short drive to the city of Philadelphia.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Chester University of Pennsylvania. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6