West Chester University of Pennsylvania Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Great Job for a college student
Tutor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 22, 2014
West Chester University offers a number of employment opportunities for the students and a great fit for someone in college full time.
Administrative Assistant to Vice President of Information Services
RECAP Intern/Admin assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 11, 2014
I obtained a degree in teaching, and I did teach high school English for abour four years; however, during my time as an undergraduate at West Chester Univeristy, I was the administrative assistant for the Vice President of Information Services. A month into my freshman year of college, I began as an intern at the help desk, and by the time my second semester arrived, I was in an office with the VP of IS. During my four years working for him, I learned the skills mentioned above, along with how to work in an office setting. Being a full-time student, and having a very important job allowed me to learn how to work under pressure, learn extremely fast, and there was absolutely no time for me second-guess myself. I developed essential character traits when it comes to any type of job: confidence and loyalty.
Productive, But Office Politics
Intern (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMarch 25, 2014
I didn't experience the office politics per se since I was an intern, but there were a lot of politics. Often family favoritism, but most of the coworkers were nice.
Pros
free lunches at conferences
Cons
office politics
Great University
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 22, 2012
All the professors are very nice people. The area is very rural while also being a short drive to the city of Philadelphia.

4.6