West Chester University

West Chester University Employer Reviews

Admin. Asst. (Former Employee), West Chester, PASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great people to work, great academic environment
Cons: low pay
Worked with Department Chairs, faculty and students. Chairs, faculty and co-workers are very helpful, allow you to grow in position, take on responsibility. Learned PeopleSoft and SAP programs. Constant phone, in person contact w/students, faculty, other departments. Very kind, encouraging management and faculty. One of the best places I've worked, – more... although only for a short time (less than 1 year). I was also working on BA part-time. Position was temporary fill-in for secretaries on leaves of absence. Hardest part of job was leaving! Busy times at beginning and end of semesters were stressful. Most enjoyable part of job was interacting with Chair, faculty and students to make their work easier. – less
Excellent learning experience
University Resident Assistant (Former Employee), West Chester, PAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free room and board, great coworkers, creativity is encouraged
Cons: work/life balance can be tough, on-call nights can be exhausting as well
A lot of work goes in to being a Resident Assistant. Maintaining a balance between school, work, and social life can be difficult when you live where you work. I built many positive relationships with this job and helped a lot of new students grow as individuals. Planning socials, holding meetings, doing rounds about the building and fostering a positive – more... living community are just a few of the things that an RA is responsible for. – less
Professor
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), West Chester PADecember 28, 2013
I taught several undergraduate and graduate health education and public health classes and have created several health seminars. I have served on several committees for the department, college, university and communit. I have written for journals and health magazines.
productive
Tutor (Former Employee), West Chester, PANovember 11, 2013
satisfied with the job. Tutoring college students and help the score well in the exams
Fun work environment
Internship (Former Employee), West Chester, PASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: staff
A fun and energized staff, where they make it enjoyable to come to work everyday.
Colleagues and supervisor provided opportunity to advance skills
Counseling Intern (Former Employee), West Chester, PAAugust 13, 2013
Work environment was greatly conducive to professional enhancement!
A chance to grow in your field
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), West Chester, PAJuly 22, 2013
I maintained the safety and well-being of the residents on my floor. I also created and implemented social and educational activities.
Admin/Clerical
Transfer Credit Analyst (Former Employee), West Chester, PANovember 5, 2012
Properly analyzed students’ academic transfer credits and provided them with a credit summary Helped students with summer scheduling of college courses Provided detail-oriented and organized administrative support while managing office correspondence and files. Maintained office confidentiality in all aspects of student information.
Low pay but generous benefits to full-time staff, lively and interesting work atmosphere
Part Time, Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), West Chester, PASeptember 20, 2012
Pros: faculty, students' appreciation of our work, and they often told us so, co-workers were very helpful with training, sharing their experience and knowledge, faculty were supportive and fun to work with.
Cons: low pay, lack of support from hr department
State educational institutions seem to have abominably low wages for administrative staff, which are somewhat compensated by great benefits i.e. free tuition, holidays, recognition of effort programs, excellent training programs, work hour flexibility, paid vacation and retirement benefits which partially make up for the low pay scales. Typically there – more... IS no typical day. Interaction with faculty, students and administration is rewarding and challenging. Departments vary in their treatment of staff, but I was fortunate to work with some outstanding, interesting, well educated people in a wonderfully exciting academic setting.
It was a pleasure to go to work every day, knowing faculty and administrators acknowledged and appreciated my organizational skills, keeping abreast of new developments, heading off potential problems, smoothly running the department office. – less
Currently in school pursuing another degree
Student Assistant Wide Receiver Coach (Former Employee), West Chester, PAApril 11, 2012
I am a hard working individual that works well with fostering student's educational skills and colaborating with staff and colleagues.
Student Position
Research Assistant (Former Employee), West Chester, PAApril 3, 2012
Pros: great hours
I enjoyed working here as a Research Assistant. It was a nurturing environment, and everyone was treated very fairly.
Transcripts Specialists (Former Employee), Registrar officeJanuary 26, 2012
It is a great place to work, the work was satisfactory, the pay was god, great experience, if I move to West Chester again I will look forward to work with them!!
Poor
Salaried Staff (Former Employee), ITNovember 4, 2013
Pros: benefits, hours
Cons: management
Poor IT Management. Equate the department culture to that of a high school, with all it's grossly immature social protocols. Most people there are miserable, with no upward path. Not a professional environment!