West Chester University Employee Reviews in United States

Productive work environment
Semi-Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 9, 2016
Maintains lawns, playing fields, trees, shrubs, and other grounds for the school system; Spraying herbicide, pesticide, fungicide applications; Maintain records of spray applications on a daily basis; Snow removal throughout school grounds.
Pros
Three breaks per day, great co-workers.
Cons
Salary adjustments, advancement, communication.
Excellent
Resident Director (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 8, 2016
My experience at West Chester University was a rewarding and excellent one. I was fortunate to have supportive management and outstanding colleagues!
Work study job
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 21, 2016
I worked in the Modern Language Department during for the length of my time at WCU.

I would have loved to be able to stay there if that was an option at the end of my work study.
Managers put more of the work on clerks and faculty
Clerk Typist 3 (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 15, 2015
The managers/chairs of academic departments are under-involved or largely unavailable and this puts staff in the position to take on more of the role of problem solver and resource manager. The system is reactive, rather than proactive, and the union and tenure environment do not encourage promotion by merit. Those faculty and staff who are ineffective often take on less of the load, while those who are ambitious and hard-working get saddled with much more than is realistic. There are numerous problems of round-the-clock student enrollment management by staff and faculty and errors within the admissions and advising system that keep staff and faculty preoccupied throughout the day and into the evenings and weekends.
Pros
healthcare, free fitness center, benefits, supportive coworkers
Cons
overtime is necessary and not compensated, unrealistic workload, under-involved managers and supervisors, lack of opportunity for advancement, clerks managing major academic budgets
Positive experience
Organic Chemistry Tutor (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 8, 2015
Good atmosphere, friendly people. A well-run operation that is a decent source of income for a student. Convenient hours.
The joy in the eyes of my student made me feel very happy
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Wester University, PAMarch 20, 2015
Time sheet is provided on Friday, every student is given 45 mn session. Job allows me to learn the necessary skills to be a good pedagogue in many subjects: Computer Science, MAths, Economy, and Accounting. Management was friendly.
Admin. Asst. (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 12, 2014
Worked with Department Chairs, faculty and students. Chairs, faculty and co-workers are very helpful, allow you to grow in position, take on responsibility. Learned PeopleSoft and SAP programs. Constant phone, in person contact w/students, faculty, other departments. Very kind, encouraging management and faculty. One of the best places I've worked, although only for a short time (less than 1 year). I was also working on BA part-time. Position was temporary fill-in for secretaries on leaves of absence. Hardest part of job was leaving! Busy times at beginning and end of semesters were stressful. Most enjoyable part of job was interacting with Chair, faculty and students to make their work easier.
Pros
great people to work, great academic environment
Cons
low pay
Excellent learning experience
University Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAAugust 20, 2014
A lot of work goes in to being a Resident Assistant. Maintaining a balance between school, work, and social life can be difficult when you live where you work. I built many positive relationships with this job and helped a lot of new students grow as individuals. Planning socials, holding meetings, doing rounds about the building and fostering a positive living community are just a few of the things that an RA is responsible for.
Pros
free room and board, great coworkers, creativity is encouraged
Cons
work/life balance can be tough, on-call nights can be exhausting as well
Admin/Clerical
Transfer Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 5, 2012
Properly analyzed students’ academic transfer credits and provided them with a credit summary Helped students with summer scheduling of college courses Provided detail-oriented and organized administrative support while managing office correspondence and files. Maintained office confidentiality in all aspects of student information.
compensation is good. Atmosphere is oppressive
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMarch 3, 2015
Adjuncts can not advance even though there is a clause in the CBA that helps convert status from adjunct to Tenure Track. Not very supportive of distance ed.
review
Filling Clerk/ Secretary (Former Employee) –  west chester, paMarch 22, 2015
At any college work study jobs are always awesome ways to earn extra cash!! Although they are not always guaranteed everyone should try it!
Professor
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  West Chester PADecember 28, 2013
I taught several undergraduate and graduate health education and public health classes and have created several health seminars. I have served on several committees for the department, college, university and communit. I have written for journals and health magazines.
Currently in school pursuing another degree
Student Assistant Wide Receiver Coach (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAApril 11, 2012
I am a hard working individual that works well with fostering student's educational skills and colaborating with staff and colleagues.
Transcripts Specialists (Former Employee) –  Registrar officeJanuary 26, 2012
It is a great place to work, the work was satisfactory, the pay was god, great experience, if I move to West Chester again I will look forward to work with them!!
Great Place to Work
Electronic Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 3, 2014
Stay out of management and politics. Lot's of benefits, steady work.
Pros
its a state job
Cons
its a state job
A chance to grow in your field
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 22, 2013
I maintained the safety and well-being of the residents on my floor. I also created and implemented social and educational activities.
Student Position
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAApril 3, 2012
I enjoyed working here as a Research Assistant. It was a nurturing environment, and everyone was treated very fairly.
Pros
great hours
Colleagues and supervisor provided opportunity to advance skills
Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAAugust 13, 2013
Work environment was greatly conducive to professional enhancement!
Fun work environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 4, 2013
A fun and energized staff, where they make it enjoyable to come to work everyday.
Pros
staff
productive
Tutor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 11, 2013
satisfied with the job. Tutoring college students and help the score well in the exams

4.2