West Coast Children's Clinic Employee Reviews

A good place to get hours. Not a good place to get comfortable.
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 11, 2017
Often praises itself on being the best of the best, but mostly tends to send clinicians without proper training or support into highly traumatized populations. When issues arise they are often framed as enactments so management doesn't have to own their part when they behave unprofessionally. Exhausted and overworked clinical staff. High turn over. Supervisors seem removed from the actual work and don't relate well to clinicians doing the work. Clinicians feel paranoid and talked about behind their backs. Lots of secrecy from top down, little room for advancement, Clinicians who are experienced are sometimes viewed as a threat by management and treated badly until they leave, People who don't cause problems are valued above hard work.
Pros
bagels on friday. Snacks.
Cons
Pseudo intellectual enviornment, difficult to have a life while working here, paranoid corperate atmosphere
Admin
Clinical Services Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 30, 2017
I do not recommend working here as an administrative support staff member. I cannot speak to working here in a clinical role. There is little to no room for growth.
Friendly Work Environment
Office and Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 3, 2017
Everyone is actively making sure everyone else is doing well. A lot of helping out co-workers. Fun activities every month to promote inclusion and teamwork.
Pros
Free Breakfast / Lunches
People that work there really want to help the kids.
FileMaker Developer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 4, 2017
Good place that really helps children. Good benefits, including health, dental, eye, retirement plan, and life insurance. Free lunches on Fridays and outings.
great place
STAT Clinician (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 8, 2016
Good place to work to gain experience and grow in the field. Good supervision, get to create own hours; a lot of trauma, ongoing training from people renowned in the field.
Pros
understanding
Cons
tough gig
Productive, Engaging and Fun
Youth Advocate (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 11, 2015
I enjoying working with West Coast Children's Clinic in the Youth Advocate program. It's Upbeat and Balanced. I outreach to youth in Need and I advocate in different meetings on their behalf to systematically change the underdeveloped and procedures that arent beneficial for them. I also attend different conferences and sit on pride panels, sub committees. Aside from making sure youth have concrete measures to cultivate a better life to self sufficiency. I also make sure Alameda County has the awareness of the foster youth needs and how policies needs to change in up coming bills. Some days are more hectic than others, I do lot of traveling and I talk to youth about what services that are available to them and what their rights are as a foster youth, probation or C-SEC. I share a office with my co-workers and the atmosphere is lovely. Its very productive and we all have a sense of humor. I love my supervisors and how they work with us and multi tasks other duties. I personally find it a joy to watch.
Pros
Working with you, professionally developing
Cons
Does not have a case load, not enough time in the day to finish work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Coast Children's Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

West Coast Children's Clinic Reviews by Location