West Coast Industries Employee Reviews

janitor
janitor (Former Employee) –  Lakewood Police DepartmentSeptember 3, 2015
loved being able to do something I love which is cleaning. loved being able to talk to the Officers and learning about their daily jobs. I also loved cleaning a cancer center, childrerns hospital, lab buildings, and court houses.
Pros
different and fun learning environment
Cons
nothing
Fun, great, everyone helped each other.
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2014
I would clock in at 6:00 or 6:30 depending how much work we had, then I would clean the company, go to my station which would be the metal paint department and I would sand the base for the tables and also sand the tables afterwards I would help the person that would be painting them and let the tables and/or the bases dry and take them over to the shipping department and they should checked, cleaned, packed, and finally shipped it.
Pros
Great family within the company that everyone would be helping everyone.
Cons
I couldn't work there longer cause they do not give work to part time students.
Revolving door
N/A (Former Employee) –  san franciscoSeptember 23, 2014
There are 2 reviews here that are the only good ones and they don't seem related to west coast industries in san francisco. The ship is sinking review is pretty spot on. Revolving door is the best way I can say. I have seen so many people get fired or leave. Good hard working people. Management thinks employees are dispensable. We are like some shiny cute plastic toy that they get bored of or decide they don't like anymore and they toss you. They have lost so much expertise along the way it makes it difficult for those that remain to carry the workload. Many haven't stayed or been allowed to stay past a year. It's a sad thing because otherwise it could be good place. Good location, great coworkers, pay is decent. It's awful to have to walk on egg shells constantly. They need a change in management and to put effort in securing their employees.
Pros
Good location and decent pay
Cons
management thinks employees are dispensable
The Ship is Sinking
anonymous (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2014
Upper management does not value experience or performance. They turn over employees at a break neck speed, needing to retrain new employees constantly. The hiring process does not qualify prospective employees aptitude or experience, meaning many new hires have no previous related experience. Management is constantly meddling with company policy, job description, title and responsibilities. They do not promote vertically, but shift horizontally, often piling on responsibilities with a new title, without increased compensation. Management is passive aggressive and manipulative. There is a cult of personality, at the highest level. Employee input is not desired. Employees are forced to cover other positions that are outside of their job description due to constant firings or resignations. I witnessed employees perform extraordinarily under the worst circumstances only to be fired once the work load leveled off. Human resources cares more about tracking breaks and time sheets than helping improve employee cohesion and moral. Employment here is "at will" meaning people are terminated without notice and without cause and escorted out of the building immediately, regularly.
Pros
Relatively good products, Nice office location, The employees (non-management) are a lively and fun bunch, The upholstery factory is helpful and supportive
Cons
Management at the highest level is abusive to employees
Productive and collaborative co-workers
Technical Designer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 21, 2014
-Challenging fast-paced environment
-Once to twice a week meetings to touch base on projects
-One on One progress report with Job captain

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with multiple projects at close deadlines.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the everyone in the office have a humorous personality
Pros
free lunches and dinners every friday
benefits
Self motivated position
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  East Bay RegionalSeptember 12, 2013
Worked as a sales representative calling on as many as 500 clients on a weekly/monthly basis. Learned many valuable sales, professional and life skills while performing duties. Absolutely loved my job! Did not care to work in direct competition with other sales people within the same company calling on same clients. It put our clients in a very uncomfortable position. Management was almost non existent except when performance reviews were up.
Pros
Working on a very flexible schedule. Enjoyed my line of work very much.
Cons
Working in direct competition with others within the same company.
fun place to work
janitor (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJune 17, 2013
Enjoyed the people I worked with. I got to work good evening hours and at my own pace for the biggest part. My co workers were awesome and my boss was always there when I would call or need him.
Pros
worked at my own pace and alone.
Cons
no health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Coast Industries. Our community is ready to answer.