West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,046 reviews matching the search
high turnover
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 5, 2016
the staff was fair and there are a lot of people here, though there is always office mess going around and they have a very high turnover rate!! but the pay is good
Inbound Phone Sales
Inbound Telesales (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 30, 2016
You are required to meet a quota and percentages. Even if you are get.ting a spam phone call, you are required to try to convert that call into a sale. Lunches vary from day to day. Required overtime almost on a daily basis
Not a very enjoyable place to work
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 29, 2016
I chose to be employed at this company only due to location and ease of access to my son, as I was a single parent at the time. The company has a very high turn over rate and treats everyone as just a number. there is no sense of security within this company at the lower levels.
Productive fun workplace
Strategic Sales Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 27, 2016
Laid back environment. Your success is determined by what you put into it. Tended to be a little cliquey with a lot of young inexperienced employees. Compensation was lower than I would have liked. As a whole it was a good first job for me out of college.
A day at West Teleservices
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 26, 2016
I started off on the phones in sales, then I went customer service and then floor manager.
I enjoyed my job a lot. I love helping people and sales.
Pros
I enjoyed helping people. It was rewarding
Cons
N/a
very productive, always kept busy, always challenging us to reach higher goals
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 25, 2016
We would answer incoming calls from customers concerning their bill and services. I learned to manage the company's computer systems and be able to multi-task and type notes at a fast pace that were descriptive to the customer's concern and reason for calling. The management was mostly accommodating; there were times that the call volume and requests for managers would put us on hold and wait for a response. The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with irate customers that would demand to speak to a supervisor without allowing to try to help them from the start. The most enjoyable part of the job was how fast paced it was. It rarely allowed us to sit and think of anything else but the customer.
Fun place to Work
Customer Service Admin (Former Employee) –  San Antonio , Texas, USNovember 20, 2016
At West, employers are dedicated to delivering and improving upon new channels, new capabilities and new choices for how businesses and consumers collaborate, connect and transact. We operate at the scale and speed necessary to capitalize on the promise of emerging technologies and the advantages they will provide. It is our business to deliver reliable, scalable, productive communications and build smarter, more meaningful connections.
Pay is decent, high turnover ratio
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 18, 2016
West is a call center and your employment is performances based and alot of the goals are hard to reach with the lack of training, management is unorganized and divided, the environment is similar to high school
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Poor work environment, unefficient training
Interesting place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 18, 2016
There's a lot of opportunity to grow. Company needs to go back to Customer Centric. Overall it's a good place to work at. Like the training department and how they trained.
A Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 16, 2016
The project I worked and majority of the team leads did not make this position worth getting up in the morning and coming to. They were not treating everyone with the same attitude, showing favoritism, no proper training, etc. I hope they have gotten better working with employees
job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 14, 2016
West was a great job where I worked as a customer service representative for Sirius XM radio. I worked in the saves department and was one of the top saves agents.
Compensation was decent
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 10, 2016
I worked here for a little over a year. The compensation was good but the work and life balance not so much. The only reason I did not stay here is because of my Internship for school.
Very productive
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 10, 2016
Great company to work for they are willing to work with you as far as scheduling and great place to advance in the company.....
overall okay
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 9, 2016
West has some okay benefits, the managers are alright, the pay is great and so is the opportunity to make money. Would recommend to work to someone else who is experienced in sales.
They have no idea what they are doing.
Senior enterprise system technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 6, 2016
I have been with the company for over a year, and I honestly can say they have no clue what they are doing. Management is out of touch with their employees and they love to micro manage though they say otherwise. The good thing is the vacation time they give is great however, getting thee time to take it is impossible, and things seem to tank once you go on vacation. They underpay the employees, and offer little reimbursement for insurance.
Pros
vacation
Cons
availbility to take time off, low pay, high insurance rates
Great company
Event Operator (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GANovember 3, 2016
this company is pretty good. pay is decent. overtime is offered during peak seasons. it is hard getting to full time but it is possible. will supply lunches during heavy call seasons. training is very in depth. room for growth. the employees are very friendly and helpful. typical day you come in and check your daily schedule. see what calls you have for the day and get started setting up your first call. leads are helpful if needed. some drama as it would be at any job that is mostly women. other then that I had no issues with working for west corp in newnan.
Pros
overtime, paid lunch, trainging and staff
Cons
no full time employement, drama, short breaks
Love talking with the customers
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 3, 2016
Answered over 65 incoming calls about T-Mobile cell phones to troubleshoot their issues. The co-workers were fine I was always willing to help out when needed, Did a lot of floor support because my calls were good and I resolve the customers issues in a short period of time, It kept me off the phone so I could act as a supervisor on the floor when calls were escalated.
Pros
Helping others out when they had questions about what screen do they pull up on certain calls
Cons
Short breaks only 10 minutes, lunch was 30 when we had to walk a long was to get out of the building
I worked at West years ago, lots may have changed.
Programmer Analyst/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 2, 2016
West was a great place to start my career after graduating from college. The work was very engaging and provided many opportunities to learn new career-enhancing skills.

Unfortunately, I eventually got to a place where there was no more room for career growth, so I moved on to new opportunities.
Pros
Work days were the standard day, but you knew when the end of the day came up you could just go home. No weekend work for most jobs
Cons
Not a lot of career advancement
Learning Experience
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 28, 2016
I answered phone calls and placed orders for our customers. I put customers information into our computer system. Management was good. Coworkers were decent. Hardest part was during high call volume when we got real busy but It got easier. I enjoyed scheduling. You could pick up hours daily when available and also give away hours if needed.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Compensation
Extra Hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 26, 2016
WOW! This job helped me with a lot of things. I was able to save,save,save. Management team were very Professional and friendly who cared about me and my Family. They have this system where you can pick up extra hours if needed.And you need to be somewhere else you can post your time, only if someone else pick your time up. That system was my best friend! I love there early morning and left close to midnight.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short breaks

2.9