West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,500 reviews matching the search
Boring Job
Facility Management Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 18, 2017
Boring Job, no room for advancement, hard to get time off. Only senior employees were allowed to get preferred days off. Job culture was pretty good, no lunch breaks.
Good choice in Schedules
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 18, 2017
I was not there for very long because I moved to a different job that paid more. It was a means to and end for me. this job gave me the needed experience for another job.
some opportunity
Solution Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 18, 2017
There is some opportunity for growth and success at West. However, the corporation seems held back by Kentucky divisional leadership and might benefit from relying more on their leadership in other cities and more contemporary and relevant business markets.
Pros
Strong sales team
Cons
Lack of accountability from services and delivery segments
West
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 18, 2017
West corporation started out as a great company with an even better idea. They had independent contractors working from home taking inbound customer service calls. When they changed to an employee model the hours and the pay all dried up.
Worst job ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 17, 2017
This job was so horrible, I worked here for about a year and the management was horrible and mean. My manager was so cold and rude to me I hated coming into work every day.
Nice place to work
Sales Representative for FedEx (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 17, 2017
My day starts at 7am and ends at 3:30pm. Once I get logged into all the screens I need for the day, I start making calls to current customers. We make sure they are getting all the services they need for their business. If they have questions we can't answer, we give them the number to call or escalate their problem if its a bad one to the correct department. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help them. I feel great when I can get issues resolved without taking a lot of time figuring it out. Most of the time the job atmoshpere is relaxing, but there are times when it can get stressful. The managers are all pretty decent and helpful. I learned a lot about sales, its not at all what I thought it was going to be, its actually easier.
Pros
Bonus's
Cons
No overtime
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 17, 2017
Customer Service Representative
Provided customer service to the nation’s #1 cellular phone company. My duties included but were not limited to:
• Provide exceptional customer service to customers
• Navigating through various programs and systems efficiently
• Probe, solve and troubleshot customer problems to exceed their expectations
productive
Customer Care Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHSeptember 16, 2017
typical day involved answering phones to service customers who were having issues with their product from technical to a billing issue or ordering new equipment. learned how to keep a positive attitude and stay calm despite negative customers. call center. hardest part of the job was multitasking but quickly learned how to do that.
This job should be a LAST resort
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 16, 2017
Left on the phones for hours without any help whatsoever, poor pay, poor management, not a fun place to work. Would not ever recommend to ANYONE for any reason other than a ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT.
Pros
I got a steady pay check
Cons
Just about everything and anything else.
Telemarketer
DirecTV Sales Production (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 15, 2017
This was a fast pace environment where people were calling in with proplems with there directv systems. I was constantly taking calls with service issues, ordering channels, or payments.
Pros
Helping people with issues
Cons
Phone
Medium stress - highly technical
Manager Hardware/Systems Management and QA (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 15, 2017
West was a good company to work for. The promotions did not materialize. Friendly working environment most times. Offices were modern but the management were not flexible to provide offices for management.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Management was very un-flexible
fun
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Loganville, GASeptember 15, 2017
This is order entry/ customer service. Which is enjoyable talking to different individuals. Placing their order for various products. I work out of my home.
Pros
home not commuting or traffic pick own hours
Cons
if an issue arises you have to try solve it yourself.
Productive working enviroment telemarketing
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 14, 2017
It was fun busy and all types of telemarketing jobs like inbond callers and some dept had outbound calling. Great pay with option of picking up or giving away work hours. Paid training was a plus.I like the fact you could build a good Report with customers and employees.
it was a fun but productive place to work
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Work from homeSeptember 13, 2017
It was a fast paced but fun place to work. They have many different companies that you can work for but the only issue is some jobs are temporary and once your job end you may be out of work.
Great company and place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 13, 2017
This is a very well put together company & I loved working for them. They have plenty of room for advancement & leadership positions. They understand that we all have families and work with those that have children or are still in school. I would recommend this to someone looking for employment.
Enjoyed the people
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 12, 2017
West was a large corp. and it was an old building that needed a lot work. It was very dirty when i arrived and my job was to get it back up to par. By the time I left that is what I accomplished.
Pros
The people
Cons
Managment
Decent company, management.
Business Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 11, 2017
While I was only there a short time due to illness, th company does have a great opportunity for people to grow in account management. Make sure you get into the right team and you'll go far.
Official response from West Corporation
September 13, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review on West. We wish you improved health and much success moving forward!

what i know about west
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 11, 2017
it no longer is in business it was ok when I worked there long hrs people was ok pay wasn't all that great but you did get benefits and management wasn't that great
Pros
Cons
bad management
Dreadful
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 11, 2017
I thought I would like this job because it was customer service and they called us, we weren't calling and bothering them. But we were inundated by freaks calling to ask us about our feet, or want us to breathe into the phone. When we did get calls from normal people requesting help, it was always for the same junk products and we were told if we couldn't troubleshoot the issue to have them call another number. The number that went nowhere. So people were getting ripped off completely and left with malfunctioning products while we were supposed to keep our mouths shut and keep redirecting them to the non-working phone number. I don't enjoy scamming people so I left. The company is no longer in business I hear.
They have good job advancements
iPhone Technician (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHSeptember 11, 2017
They are OK to work for. You will learn a lot in the time you work their. if you keep your mind on the job and on the work. There is a few great trainers that work there still.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9