West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,097 reviews matching the search
Poor place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 20, 2017
a job if your looking for to get experience. Gives a lot of vacation but can not use when you want to. Bonus are rig. If you work here you better not have any life issue because you will be out the door before you know it. Pay suck!
fun place wiith all kind of games and awards given daily
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJanuary 19, 2017
a typical day on the phone 8 hrs very frustrating and a lot of noise, hardest part of the job is when your hands are tied and cant solve the issue of the customer
fine
Wage Garnishment Disability Specialist (Former Employee) –  MariettaJanuary 19, 2017
Company was good in the beginning but once it was sold and things change it was an extreme adjustment for the company stressful positions
Good Opportunity To Gain Skills
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 19, 2017
This is a good business to gain extra skills for your resume. In my opinion this isn't a long term job and I will explain below why I believe that. A typical day at work is you come in, sit at your desk and dont leave your desk unless its your break and you take back to back calls helping consumers. This could be anything from dealing with the extremely mad consumers taking everything out on your to the happiest little lady you could ever talk to. Stressful at times to make sure you do everything to a T so you do not get in trouble. Every call and note you make is checked. And you get monitored on calls weekly to make sure your doing your job right. I learned a lot of skills on handling certain type of calls but other than that I am using what I already have. The management and senior staff I feel like they sit around and just twiddle their thumbs waiting for something bad to happen. You are able to talk to your co-workers when your not on the phone but you could get in trouble if they consider you to loud. Now you better hope you do not get sick within your first year of working. This could include, getting sick and not going into work, getting in a car accident and your car is not drive-able and couldn't make it to work that same day (happened to me and I got in trouble because of it they didn't care I got pinned meaning i loss bonuses for a few months as well as if i was sick or anything else happened i could get another pin instantly or even terminated) West does give a lot of Paid time off but dont let that fool you they dont want you visit family you havent seen in years  more... or even going on a vacation with your family. They want you to use that PTO if you are sick or something happens. So lets say you get sick and dont go to work for 2 days you have to use 16 hours of your PTO to cover those days or you get Pinned. Thats why I say make sure nothing happens the first year so you can save up that PTO. Their attendance policy sucks and they dont care that they have a high turn over rate because if they did they would make it so their staff is not scared to work. Like me im scared everyday when working and it adds 10 times more stress daily. Im scared because at any moment if i get a call and my kid is sick or something happens to my kid or fiance i have to leave i will get in trouble. Im scared that if something bad happens i have that fear of getting pinned or fired. So this is why West has a high turn over rate everyone's scared.  less
Pros
decent benefits, 30 min lunch, decent pay
Cons
Scared constantly, attendance policy, Pin system, high turn over rate
Great Work Enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 19, 2017
West has a great work environment that makes you WANT to strive for greatness. The management is always willing to help you with anything you need weather its work related or outside of work.
Pros
Great Benefits, Awesome Work enviroment
Cons
99% only sales.
A great place to work and get trained .
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 18, 2017
This place was where I got my start in the customer service field the management was great and the coworkers was helpers to one another.
Fast pace, but easy to pick up
Benefit specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 18, 2017
I really did enjoy my time at west. I never had any problems. You come in you sign into your computer and you take or make your calls. It was easy to pick up, even the times we had 3 or more programs running. A typical day you can make 300 or so more calls, they're fast and its nice meeting new people all the time. Out side of the calling youre surrounded by coworkers or are just as smart and easy to get along with...as you are.
Cons
Break times are short, but needed after staring at that pc all day.
Friendly enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 18, 2017
Interact withing customers,providing advice,ensure everything was done proerly and the end of the day.Very nice place to work...
Pros
FREE LUNCH
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
productive work environment
CSR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2017
this is a great place to work with halfway decent pay, and decent benefits. the work however, is a little boring. the most enjoyable part of this job is that the day will go by pretty quickly.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
work is montanenous
Good Company
Sales Support Specialist, Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 13, 2017
Good company, compensation is well below average. People/management is kind and helpful. I enjoyed my time there. They are very accepting of family obligations.
relaxing place
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXJanuary 12, 2017
I loved this job I had my own work station the coworkers was the best I loved how they would have on the floor contest for the employees to get a goal for the day I enjoyed the customers
Clean call center with many different projects
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 12, 2017
West has many different job opportunities and provides a clean work environment. They offer a wide range of jobs and reliable work hours.
Pros
steady wages, clean environment
Cons
not a lot of opportunity for advancement
A fun workplace with good people
Sales Manager for a Signature Client Group (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 11, 2017
I work for the AT&T department, managing some of AT&T's largest business accounts. Everyday I receive email orders that I have to place and I tend to any other needs requested from my accounts. I have learned how to manage my time and get daily needs done quickly and efficiently. I really enjoy my coworkers and the people who work alongside me on my team. The hardest part of this job would be advancement. There are only certain routes you can go, and they aren't cut out for everyone. I am very content with my position, but I feel it is time to move on to something else with more opportunities.
Pros
Very generous Paid Time Off
Cons
Healthcare packages are not the best
Fast paced environment. Great group of people.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJanuary 11, 2017
Worked with an excellent client brand. Delivering an outstanding customer service experience was the number one goal. The hardest part of the job was balancing the priorities and staying focused on developing skill on my team. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing new people come into the company and develop the skill and confidence to taste success. Co workers - a great group of teammates.
Amazing People, Great Company
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJanuary 10, 2017
I interned over the summer at West, and I can't say enough about how fantastic the people there were. From the CEO to the directors, to the people on the sales floor, everyone I interacted with was friendly and helpful.

We worked in sales during the internship, and I quickly learned that sales just wasn't a career path for me. However everyone there made it much easier for me, even when I got frustrated.

Doesn't hurt that they took us out on a sailboat twice throughout the internship!
It was a fun work place, I got to work with great people and great supervisors.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2017
I really looked forward working at West, I have learned to work with great customer service and computer skills. The management was very helpful they were always there if you need any help. The hardest part of the job was handling with customers who had no patience. The enjoyable part was helping customers and achieving their needs.
Pros
free prizes
Cons
short breaks
West
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 9, 2017
Went in to take calls and sell services for their client. Upsell products and items to customers. Run credit checks for new service or new customers.
Pros
Loved the people I worked with, felt like my second family.
Cons
They started to make the goals harder to achieve and requirements to bonus hard to accomplish.
Diverse workplace
Care/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 9, 2017
Diverse workplace with chances of advancement. They were understanding of class schedules and worked with me as best as they could.
West
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 9, 2017
I started to work at West in 2010 and it is a great place to work. I have been here for almost 7 years. Co-workers are great. Hardest part is calling leads each and every day, most enjoyable is the bonus you have the potential of earning. I have learned many things from this job and have trained others as well since my employment here. I have learned how to manage my calls better each day to become more successful.
Pros
Great PTO offered
Cons
difficult to advance
Sales
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHJanuary 6, 2017
They are no longer open and it was a horrible place to work. At&t customer service and tech support all inbound calls. Poor training and difficult systems to use.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9