West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,049 reviews matching the search
I hated it there.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 22, 2016
After training and your on the floor answering calls you help AT&T customers with and phone issues they are having. I didn't learn very much at this job. It was a very stressful job and it made it harder to concentrate. Management isn't there to help you if you are struggling or if you need help. They are very hands off. Co-workers were very rude to new people. So I only made a few friends while in training. The hardest part of my job was keeping my calls short and to the point. I had a very hard time keeping my time under whatever bar they set for you. The times would go on longer and longer depending on the phones issue. I didn't like working here but it was a job at the time. The environment is not fun or happy go lucky. It was nothing but stress and always worrying about losing your job if you didn't do good on your times.
Cons
no benefits, stressful, not a nice place to work
Not Impressed
UC Client Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 1, 2016
I worked there a year.

1. The only way to get raise is to get promoted. Basically you can work there for 3 years for example in the same position and not get a cent raise. I don't believe in this at all.

2. Management does not promote from hard work and helping out your team. They promote people based on favoritism and "being in the gang." I saw it happen multiple times where people that were more qualified to be promoted did not receive the offer letter.

3. They have lots of issues with their network or their services going down all the time. There would be 2 or 3 events a week where something major client impacting was happening. West doesn't want to spend money to upgrade it's network equipment, etc.

4. In regards to number 4. Expect to be yelled at by clients wanting to know why their entire site can't make phone calls or their call center's call routing software is down, etc.

5. Call Center/Help Desk job if you want to slave yourself to a cubicle for 8 hours a day.
Pros
5th 3rd Bank Building, lots of places to eat lunch, gym
Cons
Healthcare, management, dead end job.
Good place for someone needing a quick and easy place of emoloyment
Senior Event Specialst (Current Employee) –  West Point, GADecember 1, 2016
This is a good place to start out, you can't really promote very quickly, and your options are very limited. Some of the management is great, others are terrible. They choose favorites and don't make everyone follow the same rules.
Pros
Decent wages. You habe chances to promote
Cons
Very disorganized, very slow with promotions.
Learning Experience
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 28, 2016
I answered phone calls and placed orders for our customers. I put customers information into our computer system. Management was good. Coworkers were decent. Hardest part was during high call volume when we got real busy but It got easier. I enjoyed scheduling. You could pick up hours daily when available and also give away hours if needed.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Compensation
customer service at its best
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 15, 2016
I loved this job. A typical day at work is answering 300+ calls a day. What I've learned from this job is to think on my feet and handle situation fast and calm while keeping the customer happy. Management was outstanding. No hard part of the day. Most enjoyable part of the day is passing all my phone test
Pros
fun atmosphere
benefits
Business Solution Architect Lead
Business Solution Architect Lead (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 21, 2016
worked 12 hour days, it's a good old boy culture. If you are any way capable of surpassing your manager you will be fired or laid off.
management will bewilder you down.
My advice, never work there.
it's a very high turn over rate.
Pros
parking garage
Cons
everything else
very productive, always kept busy, always challenging us to reach higher goals
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 25, 2016
We would answer incoming calls from customers concerning their bill and services. I learned to manage the company's computer systems and be able to multi-task and type notes at a fast pace that were descriptive to the customer's concern and reason for calling. The management was mostly accommodating; there were times that the call volume and requests for managers would put us on hold and wait for a response. The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with irate customers that would demand to speak to a supervisor without allowing to try to help them from the start. The most enjoyable part of the job was how fast paced it was. It rarely allowed us to sit and think of anything else but the customer.
qa
IT Program QA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 6, 2016
Great work environment! Very team driven. Most employees enjoy the working together and are very willing and helpful when it come to completing projects. Manage and culture is big on work/life balance. I would recommend this company to others
West Corp
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 8, 2016
entry level management firm, could use improvement; overall fair place to work. Pay is not competitive with the work that you do; industry pay is higher.
They have no idea what they are doing.
Senior enterprise system technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 6, 2016
I have been with the company for over a year, and I honestly can say they have no clue what they are doing. Management is out of touch with their employees and they love to micro manage though they say otherwise. The good thing is the vacation time they give is great however, getting thee time to take it is impossible, and things seem to tank once you go on vacation. They underpay the employees, and offer little reimbursement for insurance.
Pros
vacation
Cons
availbility to take time off, low pay, high insurance rates
Do your work then go home
Production Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 20, 2016
This was a place to work if you needed to earn money to get on your feet. It was not the place you could make a career out of. Management was immature and not professional/
Pros
Higher pay with no experience needed
Cons
Unprofessional environment
Pay isn't worth the job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 4, 2016
When I interviewed I was told that it would be comparable benefits and pay to my previous job. That proved to be not true and cost me my home because I was not able to afford my bills the benefits were awful. They offer a benefits package but for anything you want to pay over $300 per paycheck and that's not good when you're only getting paid about $500 a week. We are pretty flexible there and that's a plus if your family person. But this job is for someone who has a two income or more family or someone who's just trying to get out of the house. I wouldn't recommend this to anybody who lives on their own.
Pros
Flexible schedule, pto offered right away
Cons
Pay is poor, benefits too expensive
Total waste of time look elsewhere
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 1, 2016
Where to start. Management is shady can't trust them and they only promote their friends or the ones who suck up. I have seen them personally promote someone and everyone else was simply baffled. They don't like to promote anyone who could be a potential threat to any upper management position.

They fired people all the time. Quick and brutal. Client didn't like you, you are gone. Client takes business away, multiple firings. Seemed like there was always a fake attempt at redemption on your behalf but no one cared.

Breaks were a joke it was clocked at 10 minutes down to the micro second. Benefits were ok at least you could get medical.

They say they aren't a call center but it's a call center nothing more. Bonuses when I started were amazing but as they grew those became obsolete and hard to get. West feels $10-$12 an hour is a great competitive wage. You'll never get more than that, raises will never happen.

Work environment was awful, turn over was unbelievable. All in all I gave it a chance to be something but West failed. The Wausau WI branch had bed bugs, it's a dump. Management is a good ole boys club. Wouldn't trust them ever. I left, the best thing I did was quit. Way more money, better job, more fulfilling, better environment etc.

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE MUCH BETTER JOBS IN WAUSAU.
Pros
Cons
Many
I worked at West years ago, lots may have changed.
Programmer Analyst/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 2, 2016
West was a great place to start my career after graduating from college. The work was very engaging and provided many opportunities to learn new career-enhancing skills.

Unfortunately, I eventually got to a place where there was no more room for career growth, so I moved on to new opportunities.
Pros
Work days were the standard day, but you knew when the end of the day came up you could just go home. No weekend work for most jobs
Cons
Not a lot of career advancement
productive and enjoyable place to work
Direct Response Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68154October 5, 2016
a typical day at work was enjoyable
I learned to take orders for products, solve customers dissatisfaction, make additional sales
Management was fine, they were there when you needed them and let you know when you were doing a great job and pointed out if you weren't
I didn't deal with co-workers I worked from home and was alone
Hardest part of the job was when we took calls for electric company outages
most enjoyable talking with all the customers that phoned in
Pros
management and customers
Cons
electric outage customers
Extra Hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 26, 2016
WOW! This job helped me with a lot of things. I was able to save,save,save. Management team were very Professional and friendly who cared about me and my Family. They have this system where you can pick up extra hours if needed.And you need to be somewhere else you can post your time, only if someone else pick your time up. That system was my best friend! I love there early morning and left close to midnight.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Unprfessional Call Center
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 2, 2016
I was not happy with this company because of the management and the lack of knowledge they had with the job inside the call center that we had. We had no one to ask if we needed help. It was all individual hands on learning. This could definitely be the reason why the branch I was working in shut down. There was an upside to the job and that was helping customers with their questions and technical problems with the banking mobile app. It's always nice to end a phone call with a customer satisfied.
Pros
Customer Service
Unstable
CSR/Sales (Former Employee) –  Valley, WAAugust 29, 2016
Enjoyed co workers and had great supervisors. The pay and benefits were not good and management out of touch due to high turnovers. Ienjoyed job.
Not an okay place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 20, 2016
Everyone is always angry the management is unprofessional and there's a really high turnover rate. I've heard of a ton of people who get fired for no reason.
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Everything Eles
The particular job I had was affiliated with AT&T, which I had working knowledge of.
CSS-CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 12, 2016
While I had more structured hours at West, my job responsibilities changed 5 times within a two year time span. The job was considered "contract work", and was subject to be closed at any given time. I left the company to try and find something that was not a temporary fix.
Pros
Steady hours.
Cons
Poor management, for the most part, and too many job function changes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9