West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,097 reviews matching the search
a decent place to work but no place for advancement
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 26, 2016
A typical day at work is easy and I learned the programs real fast. The management was very friendly and helpful and co-workers are very helpful , The hardest part of the job is trying to figure out how to use your vacation hours and the most enjoyable part of the job is lunch time where you can mingle and talk with your co-workers as well as management.
Cons
short breaks because of long walks to designated areas
Fast pace, but easy to pick up
Benefit specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 18, 2017
I really did enjoy my time at west. I never had any problems. You come in you sign into your computer and you take or make your calls. It was easy to pick up, even the times we had 3 or more programs running. A typical day you can make 300 or so more calls, they're fast and its nice meeting new people all the time. Out side of the calling youre surrounded by coworkers or are just as smart and easy to get along with...as you are.
Cons
Break times are short, but needed after staring at that pc all day.
Amazing People, Great Company
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJanuary 10, 2017
I interned over the summer at West, and I can't say enough about how fantastic the people there were. From the CEO to the directors, to the people on the sales floor, everyone I interacted with was friendly and helpful.

We worked in sales during the internship, and I quickly learned that sales just wasn't a career path for me. However everyone there made it much easier for me, even when I got frustrated.

Doesn't hurt that they took us out on a sailboat twice throughout the internship!
A fun workplace with good people
Sales Manager for a Signature Client Group (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 11, 2017
I work for the AT&T department, managing some of AT&T's largest business accounts. Everyday I receive email orders that I have to place and I tend to any other needs requested from my accounts. I have learned how to manage my time and get daily needs done quickly and efficiently. I really enjoy my coworkers and the people who work alongside me on my team. The hardest part of this job would be advancement. There are only certain routes you can go, and they aren't cut out for everyone. I am very content with my position, but I feel it is time to move on to something else with more opportunities.
Pros
Very generous Paid Time Off
Cons
Healthcare packages are not the best
Poor Management
AT&T Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 17, 2016
Not a very much training. Followed by learning a job that was different for the job we were explained we were hired for. Favoritism unfortunately is a huge thing here, it was highly unprofessional as far as it went.

Management as a whole did very little to assist with helping people needing it and trying to get it, they would tell you that you would get time for it but never do anything to ensure you actually got it. The whole experience there was just more of less being ensured things would happen that never did such as bonuses.

I would not recommend this job to anyone. The hours are great but unless you end up under one of the two good managers, its not worth it.
West
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 9, 2017
I started to work at West in 2010 and it is a great place to work. I have been here for almost 7 years. Co-workers are great. Hardest part is calling leads each and every day, most enjoyable is the bonus you have the potential of earning. I have learned many things from this job and have trained others as well since my employment here. I have learned how to manage my calls better each day to become more successful.
Pros
Great PTO offered
Cons
difficult to advance
fast paced, poor customer service expectations
AT&T Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 12, 2016
A typical day at West was very fast paced. We were constantly in need to get off one phone call and proceed to the next. I learned I prefer to work with customers to help with any issues in person rather than by phone. Management was good as well as he coworkers. The hardest part about the job was the limited time on call to assist customers, but the help from coworkers ad assistance to do better was wonderful.
Pros
Assistance from coworkers to better myself
Cons
Limited time on calls to assist customers
It was a fun work place, I got to work with great people and great supervisors.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2017
I really looked forward working at West, I have learned to work with great customer service and computer skills. The management was very helpful they were always there if you need any help. The hardest part of the job was handling with customers who had no patience. The enjoyable part was helping customers and achieving their needs.
Pros
free prizes
Cons
short breaks
distance from home acceptable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 10, 2016
In a call center environment everything is different than other offices. Everything is done via computer and emails. I did learn a lot about how a call center works since I was promoted twice while I was employed there.
There were over 800 employees and a few I remain friends with. My immediate coworkers were top notch!
The hardest part of the job was the schedule changes.
Learning new skills was the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Close to home
Fast paced environment. Great group of people.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJanuary 11, 2017
Worked with an excellent client brand. Delivering an outstanding customer service experience was the number one goal. The hardest part of the job was balancing the priorities and staying focused on developing skill on my team. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing new people come into the company and develop the skill and confidence to taste success. Co workers - a great group of teammates.
Great company
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIJanuary 1, 2017
I work in the customer care unit in Middleton Wis. I love my job.Its fast paced you make out going calls to different Doctors offering them samples of different drugs. You make between 120-200 calls a day. My Boss is awesome I work with a great group of women. Breaks are perfect if you are a NON smoker. Benefits are great, you even get a free gym membership. Hardest part of my job is sticking to the script or as my boss says " stay in the box". Another great thing about West is if you don't like the area you are working in or you just need a change they will move you somewhere else and they promote within. If you are struggling there is always someone willing to help you. Did I mention I love my job
Pros
Benefits, hours, staff, promotes within
Cons
Needs more locations
Fun place to Work
Customer Service Admin (Former Employee) –  San Antonio , Texas, USNovember 20, 2016
At West, employers are dedicated to delivering and improving upon new channels, new capabilities and new choices for how businesses and consumers collaborate, connect and transact. We operate at the scale and speed necessary to capitalize on the promise of emerging technologies and the advantages they will provide. It is our business to deliver reliable, scalable, productive communications and build smarter, more meaningful connections.
They have no idea what they are doing.
Senior enterprise system technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 6, 2016
I have been with the company for over a year, and I honestly can say they have no clue what they are doing. Management is out of touch with their employees and they love to micro manage though they say otherwise. The good thing is the vacation time they give is great however, getting thee time to take it is impossible, and things seem to tank once you go on vacation. They underpay the employees, and offer little reimbursement for insurance.
Pros
vacation
Cons
availbility to take time off, low pay, high insurance rates
Great company
Event Operator (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GANovember 3, 2016
this company is pretty good. pay is decent. overtime is offered during peak seasons. it is hard getting to full time but it is possible. will supply lunches during heavy call seasons. training is very in depth. room for growth. the employees are very friendly and helpful. typical day you come in and check your daily schedule. see what calls you have for the day and get started setting up your first call. leads are helpful if needed. some drama as it would be at any job that is mostly women. other then that I had no issues with working for west corp in newnan.
Pros
overtime, paid lunch, trainging and staff
Cons
no full time employement, drama, short breaks
Love talking with the customers
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 3, 2016
Answered over 65 incoming calls about T-Mobile cell phones to troubleshoot their issues. The co-workers were fine I was always willing to help out when needed, Did a lot of floor support because my calls were good and I resolve the customers issues in a short period of time, It kept me off the phone so I could act as a supervisor on the floor when calls were escalated.
Pros
Helping others out when they had questions about what screen do they pull up on certain calls
Cons
Short breaks only 10 minutes, lunch was 30 when we had to walk a long was to get out of the building
I worked at West years ago, lots may have changed.
Programmer Analyst/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 2, 2016
West was a great place to start my career after graduating from college. The work was very engaging and provided many opportunities to learn new career-enhancing skills.

Unfortunately, I eventually got to a place where there was no more room for career growth, so I moved on to new opportunities.
Pros
Work days were the standard day, but you knew when the end of the day came up you could just go home. No weekend work for most jobs
Cons
Not a lot of career advancement
very productive, always kept busy, always challenging us to reach higher goals
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 25, 2016
We would answer incoming calls from customers concerning their bill and services. I learned to manage the company's computer systems and be able to multi-task and type notes at a fast pace that were descriptive to the customer's concern and reason for calling. The management was mostly accommodating; there were times that the call volume and requests for managers would put us on hold and wait for a response. The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with irate customers that would demand to speak to a supervisor without allowing to try to help them from the start. The most enjoyable part of the job was how fast paced it was. It rarely allowed us to sit and think of anything else but the customer.
Would not recommend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 6, 2017
I had an in person interview where I was offered the job on the spot and also did new hire paperwork right after. Also, I went through a background check and drove straight from my interview to do my drug testing. I call the building a week before my start date to confirm employment as I hadn't heard anything. I was told everything was perfect and she wouldn't email me my itinerary 3 or 4 days beforehand. 3 days before I was to start they called me to say that the classes had been cancelled and there wouldn't be any starting for a while. A friend was also on the same program and got the same call. She also quit her current job to start at West. Now we are both out of jobs with families to support as we both put in our respective 2 week notices with our current positions at the time. Very disappointing.
Cons
Unprofessional
Extra Hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 26, 2016
WOW! This job helped me with a lot of things. I was able to save,save,save. Management team were very Professional and friendly who cared about me and my Family. They have this system where you can pick up extra hours if needed.And you need to be somewhere else you can post your time, only if someone else pick your time up. That system was my best friend! I love there early morning and left close to midnight.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Good place for someone needing a quick and easy place of emoloyment
Senior Event Specialst (Current Employee) –  West Point, GADecember 1, 2016
This is a good place to start out, you can't really promote very quickly, and your options are very limited. Some of the management is great, others are terrible. They choose favorites and don't make everyone follow the same rules.
Pros
Decent wages. You habe chances to promote
Cons
Very disorganized, very slow with promotions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9