West Corporation

West Corporation United States Employee Reviews

Great place to work can be stressful
Customer service rep (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 26, 2015
I hand multiple calls per day from heathcare professionals. I have learned how to multitask, and many aspects and knowledge of the healthcare industry. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people solve their problems with their patient's medical claims.
easy going
CSR II (Former Employee), Universal City, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: pins
west was a very good start off job for me , as far as getting me ready for what i call the call center life. i enjoyed it and would direct more younger people to start off at west to gain experince
Not the best place to work
Performance Assessment Specialist (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 20, 2015
Pros: Fairly easy to get hired
Cons: don't take prizes earned in raffles, drawings etc, because they will take the tax amount from your check without your permission.
A typical day at work can go pretty smoothly, if you are a person who is favored by management. The best part of the job is how easy it is to get your foot in the door. After that, it is very mediocre. As a performance assessment specialist, I have worked for 4 years and only received a .65 total raise, even though I consistently receive good reviews annually.
Productive company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule
Cons: It's a job
I enjoy working from home because the hours are very flexible to fit in my everyday life. Great company to work for and by the way you are working from your home.
Constantly changing companies, High Turnover Rates
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 11, 2015
The idea of the company is great and it is good for recent grads but they do customer service for several different companies. While I was there, they changed 3 or 4 times. 2 or 3 cable companies and 3 cell phone companies gave them contracts then cancelled with them. Also, employee turnover is insane. People are in and out of that place. I had a different manager every other week. It was great for me to get my foot in the door in the customer service industry. They didn't offer any medical or dental benefits to even full time employees so that was a bummer.
na
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Spokane Valley, WAApril 10, 2015
Pros: 15 minute break
Cons: none
Ensured superior customer experience by addressing customer concerns,
demonstrating empathy and resolving problems
o Managed a wide variety of customer service and administrative tasks to resolve
customers issues quickly and efficiently
Too much micromanagement
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee), Niles, OHApril 9, 2015
Too many inconsistent, unattainable stats. Not enough salary to match job skills needing to be accomplished on a daily basis.
great security and great place with great salaray but high turn over rate
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 9, 2015
Pros: great salary/hourly pay/ and allowance to do up to 112hours on each check
Cons: short breaks, high turn over
a typical day at work I would say I answered about 35calls unless it was a holiday on holidays I answesred about 20 and the days before and after holidays or new releases I would answer about 60 west is a great place if your in need of money but there turn over rate is very high and the company will fire you for almost anything and hate to pay maternity leave other than that I met a lot of fantastic people there and it was a wonderful job experience my co workers were the best and iv made many friendships out of them the hardest part of the day would be lunch time.. around this time is where there is a high call volume and most of the callers are either angry or in a total rush... I enjoyed the most just being able to help the customer I was assisting, knowing I could make them happy by the end of the call made me able to do almost anything.
Great employer with inherent culture challenges
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Appleton, WIApril 9, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules, Long lunches allowed if needed
Cons: performance management, attainment requirements, occasional negative atmosphere
I worked at West for 7 years. I was promoted 2 time and ended my time as a sales manager. The culture is a tough one when you work in an outbound sales role. It can be difficult at times and streaky. Everyone is always seeking consistent results through best practice. This is sometimes more of an ideal than a reality. The day in day out grind from an associate can be challenging. If you are thick skinned and can push through those difficulties, you can find some significant earnings potential as an outside sales consultant in the cold call environment. The management at the Appleton Site all the way up to VP has made outbound sales calls as an associate on this program. Everyone is very experienced and has a varying style that should allow for a manager to be a good fit for your personal style.
large place
Account Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCApril 9, 2015
company was big on employee health. they had a fitness room added. they offered incentives to help you get your sales up. we received much needed breaks away from the phones.
Really Good Scheduling System
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 9, 2015
Pros: Overtime ALWAYS, Bonuses, Scheduling Kiosk
Cons: Late hours
The job overall was not great, but it was not bad. It was definitely a call center environment. The best thing about West is definitely how the scheduling process is. You don't get the best hours, but the way the trading works with other employees and being able to post shift was easier compared to the other companies I have worked for! Very little micro-managing and I like that about West as well.
Review Summary
Technical Program Manager (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great Access to newest technology
Cons: Healthcare plans were expensive and provided minimal coverage
The Company is very diligent in cost savings and future growth.
A typical workday would go so fast that it would be over before you knew the day was over
Management was savey and knew how to make things happen
Hardest part of the job was meeting timelines with less resources
The resources were always outstanding
review summary
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 8, 2015
West Corporation was a good place of employment but, the turnover rate was out of this world and while working for ATT you had no job security. People were walked out every day. They should value their employees a little bit more.
West was a great place to work
CSR/ Technical support (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 7, 2015
I loved my job at west, it was a great place to expand my job skills. i would recommend west to anyone looking for a well paying professional environment.
Working At West
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hampton, VAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good pay, and ability to work overtime and flexed schedule
Cons: communication from management and lack of promotion opportunities
Working at West Corporation was my first and only telecommunications job that I had ever worked. It involved many various activities that involved handling credit/debt authorizations via a company VisaNet Merchant Servicing, Citibank and Wachovia accounts. The pay was good and the schedule allowed overtime and ability to work as long and less as you wanted. That was the most enjoyable part of the job as well as the friendly and professional staff.
Fun Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Middleton, WIApril 7, 2015
Pros: Monday through Friday 8-430
Cons: no over time allowed, and no raises
Loved that WEST was Monday through Friday. You received 2 weeks vacation after 90 days and it was a fun place to work. It was pretty easy to be promoted into senior positions. Raises were hard to come by and after 2 years there never received one. I had to apply and be promoted to receive anything more than what I started at on the first day.
Productive and fun
Customer Care Representative AT&T Mobility agent (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 6, 2015
Always learned new things how to work and communicate well with customers, learned about myself what I did well and what to do even better to enhance my skills and complete tasks.
sounds better than it is
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Appleton, WIApril 2, 2015
Worst part of the job is poor management and that they make the job out to be much better than it is. I liked my coworkers and the regular hours.
Productive workplace with chances for advancement
Human Resource Intern (Current Employee), Appleton, WIApril 1, 2015
Busy, upbeat, productive. Have learned immense amounts about recruiting and human resource positions in general. Atmosphere is stimulating and upbeat. Everyone I work with is friendly and helpful. Challenges are provided to keep me on the learning path.
Think twice before applying
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCApril 1, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: everything else
West is the worst place to work... the pay is go the hours are good but they will try to fire you for anything. They set rules that are not even in writing like their attendance policy its not in written form. No supervisor could prove the information to me about the attendance policy.. Mangement sucks if they don't know you personally than its a done deal for you. Everybody is in everybody business. Its just MESSY out there . So glad I left.

1 2 3 4 5

About West Corporation

Spoken every day, in every way. To many of the top companies in nearly every industry, West provides the technology and customized – Read more

West Corporation Salaries

$11.00 per hour
Customer Service/Sales Representative
$10.00 per hour

West Corporation Photos

Everywhere you turn at West, there is an opportunity to be had.
West Corporate Logo