West Corporation

West Corporation Employer Reviews

Taking phone calls explaining bils and helping customers understand
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 16, 2014
Pros: make alot of money
Cons: the job changes daily
billing explaination
how to throughly explain something
management is ok
co workers are ok
the hardest part of the job is easily making them understand
making sales
Call Center for multiple companies
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 12, 2014
Took incoming calls for a appliance company, helped customers locate needed parts and offered additional parts or products that the customer may benefit from.

Also made outbound calls for the social security department, to ensure members understood the information they received and directed them to the correct department more detail at their request.
Enjoy the people I work with.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Niles, OHDecember 10, 2014
I welcome the challenges my job purpose for me each day. I enjoy interact with different customers each day. Daily report writing.
Great place to start out
Customer Service Representative AT&T (Former Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great place to start or re-enter the workforce. above average pay, bonuses, and some flexibility with scheduled hours. ease of hire and good training program.l
Cons: management needs to stop changing policies so frequently., coaching workers on only bad calls is demoralizing., include a fantastic call and encourage the employee to repeat it., annual raises are pitiful., benefits available to employees are not well explained., benefit enrollment deadlines need to be communicated more effectively.
West Corporation has a good training program for first time job seekers, those who are new to customer service and people returning to the workforce. You will get hired fast and the starting wage, depending on project, will be above that of other call centers in the area.

Management is pleasant and encouraging, for the most part. The facility is clean – more... and modern.

I was treated very well.

Overtime is usually available for those who want it. For those who need some unpaid time off, you can post your hours to the automated system and, with enough lead time, most often someone will pick them up for you. This allows for an above average amount of flexibility.

The call volume is VERY HIGH. You will be on the phone non-stop, except for breaks, throughout your shift.

The pressure on management to keep you on the phones is considerable.

On the project I worked, it was not uncommon for me to need to use seven pieces of software during one call. If computers, problem solving and human interaction is not your thing, a job at West is not for you.

Additionally, the metrics on which you are judged are myriad and darn right granular, some even baffling and at cross purposes.

Bonuses are available for above average performance and can amount to hundreds of dollars a month. This sets West Corporation apart from other call centers.

Benefits other than paid time off are nearly non-existent. The medical they mentioned at the orientation would not take care of anything substantial. You would be better off taking the money and putting it in the flexible spending account offered. Paid Time Off is accrued continually but only made available for use after one year.

There is a discount stock purchase benefit, but exercising this on a customer service wage is a bit unrealistic.,

You will most likely have to work weekends. – less
it is what it is
Customer Service (Former Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 9, 2014
Pros: good schedule
Cons: everything but scheduling
they do not pay or train well enough for the work you are tasked with.
Enjoyable place to work
CSR/TSR (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCDecember 8, 2014
Pros: learning to navigate through various computer applications...health and retirement benefits...
Enjoyed helping customers with any questions or issues that they were having.
Productive & Fun work environment
Maintenance Service Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 8, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, team work
Cons: benefits weren't the best
Enjoyed going to work each day I would still be there if the company hadn't lost there contract. Management was awesome very helpful everyone worked as a team. If anything was to hard we could come together as a group to figure it out. I felt like I worked with my family love the job and going to the job each day.
Revolving door job
Advanced Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Reno, NVDecember 3, 2014
Cons: you're forced to work through lunches and breaks, you're forced to come in on your days off, management are horrible people
West abuses its employees. They tell people things that aren't true about company policy, make them work without breaks and lunches, and if you aren't with the "in" crowd, you have no standing. If you ask any questions you're seen as defensive and insubordinate. The management are completely unprofessional and unethical. The benefits are a joke, and – more... they will not tell you when you are eligible to apply for benefits so you conveniently miss the opportunity. – less
A very good training program
Technical Support for iPhone (Former Employee), Niles, OHDecember 1, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: not very structured
I truly enjoyed my time in training. I learned a lot about the technical aspect of how a cell phone works and how to troubleshoot it.

When I got to the floor it was very disorganized, from day to day you never knew where you were going to sit and sometimes you could lose your seat after lunch and have to ind a new seat, and hardly ever sat near you – more... supervisor so you had to find someone to help you and have the time they acted like you were bothering them.

I didn't leave the job because of this, I was given a new opportunity that unfortunately didn't go through. – less
fun place to work
customer service rep (Current Employee), Omaha, NENovember 30, 2014
fun place to work and honest people to work around and i love the atmosphere
Good
AT&T Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 29, 2014
Pros: hours, flexible
Cons: they are not experience with postpaid for at&t.
Job is good if you can handle calls. You work your own hours basically. Easy job once you gain the knowledge.
job security lowest I have ever experienced
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Middleton,WINovember 27, 2014
Worked at this company for 1 year and almost 3 months. This company does not know how to work with employees who have Disabilities only telling those who have them that if they can not do the job to leave. If you have FMLA basically kiss your job goodbye they do not care and will back track and fire you for the month that you had FMLA. I would NOT recommend – more... this company to my worst enemy. – less
enjoyed leaving
Human Resources Orientation Analyst (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 26, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: they closed the doors
great company to work for and had great benefits, and vacation options. This company had great Christmas parties and always doing fun events for the employees
Call Center has very high rate of turn over; poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 25, 2014
Pros: extra hours are always available, co-workers are very helpful and friendly, various vendors provide lunches, starting pay rate is very good for the area.
Cons: very high rate of turn over, not enough training;, poor management, door guards are rude
Job is very demanding and fast-paced. There are 32 programs to learn; only four taught in training. I learned a lot about AT&T pre-paid accounts and about many problems that may occur on cell phones and how to trouble shoot and correct those issues. Co-workers are great and very helpful. Co-workers help out a lot during the learning curve. The hardest – more... part of the job is to allow customers to talk to a representative any way that they want and the representative cannot respond in a negative manner. Some customers are very abusive. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can pick up hours over ones that are scheduled. You can take shifts that another representative does not want and there are hours that need more representatives scheduled. – less
Inconsistency seems to be a recurring theme at West Corp.
CSR for Frontier Communications (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 24, 2014
Pros: make relatively acceptable wages fast.
Cons: you'll lose your soul in the process and you will be exploited by so-called "upper management."
I can't speak to the quality of other West call centers located throughout the US, but I can tell you without hesitation that the West call center in Huntsville, AL is an absolute joke. You will NEVER have consistent contact with your bosses, and you will NEVER hear the same thing twice, where workplace practices are concerned. One person will tell – more... you one thing, the next person will tell you something else.

From what I've read online, some call centers tend to be far superior to others, but I would avoid the Huntsville location like the plague. You will NEVER have consistent contact with the upper management of your line group. Got an issue? Need help? Having trouble with a truly unruly customer? Tough stuff. You're better off writing your parents for help with issues at your workplace.

This place is atrocious and I will never, ever, ever work there again. Don't come to work at West Corp. in Huntsville unless you desperately need easy money fast. That's literally the only thing West Corp. has going for it in Huntsville. You can make a lot of money very quickly and without many hoops to jump through in the process (at least that's the case after you get hired). If you come to work at West, just be ready to be made into a human toilet, especially if you work for the Frontier Communications line group. I doubt that line group will be going for much longer than a few more months but either way, avoid it like the plague. The Frontier Communications line group at West in Huntsville is like the call center equivalent of work at McDonald's. You'd be better of taking the McDonald's job. At least if you work there, you can have some sort of remote semblance of fallout when something goes wrong on the corporate level and the consumers start coming back in droves with nothing but complaints. At West in Huntsville, you're nothing more than a shield for upper management. You catch all of the **** that the consumers of your line group's product give off so that upper management doesn't have to.

This is an awful company and I would truly only recommend it to the worst of my enemies. ****, I'd probably have an ethical issue with recommending it to even them. Steer clear unless you've got a masochistic spot in your heart or a desperate need to make a (relatively) decent amount of money quickly. This company is not worth your time, otherwise. If you choose to go to work at West Corp. in Huntsville, please just be pay attention to your surroundings. Don't take anything that your trainers teach you too seriously. Don't mistake artificial kindness for sincerity. Otherwise, you're doomed to get screwed over by this company.

West Corporation should be ashamed of themselves for the way that they blatantly exploit young people of color and young pregnant women. This company has no scruples whatsoever. Avoid it unless you've got no other choice. You'd literally be better off taking a job at a higher-quality fast-food chain. – less
standard call center
ATT Customer Care (Current Employee), Niles, OHNovember 23, 2014
att mobility customer care and billing questions.constant calls fast paced
fun/flexible company
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee), el paso txNovember 22, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, job security
I've worked for this company for 3 years and the flexibilty is endless. They are always willing to work with you and job security is great. There is always room for advancement here at West. Management is great and strive to help you do better. Co workers are a good time, everyone is friendly. The most enjoyable part is the monthly calendar's, West – more... is always making the environment we work in fun and worth returning to. – less
Excellent Place to Work
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 20, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: frequent system issues
I really enjoyed this job working at a call center. The people were very proffesional and I felt like I was gaining priceless experience.
Great Customer Service skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), College Station, TXNovember 17, 2014
• Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services, take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints.
• Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
• Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, – more... or comments, as well as actions taken. – less
stress to the max
Tier 2 Technical Service Representative (Former Employee), Spokane, WANovember 16, 2014
Cons: stress to the max
If you really need a fast income and think you can handle the stress....this is the job for you...would not recommend it tho...GOOD LUCK

1 2 3 4 5

About West Corporation

Spoken every day, in every way. To many of the top companies in nearly every industry, West provides the technology and customized – Read more

West Corporation Photos