West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,208 reviews matching the search
Very nice place and good people to work with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Sold different products and service for various companies. Staff was very friendly and professional. They are very good at training their employees on product knowledge and how to build rapport with potential clients. Management for the most part are very friendly and professional energetic and enthusiastic people. Workplace culture was very friendly. The hardest part of the job was sometimes finding new ways to sell for new clients. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with coworkers.
Pros
Good people to work with for the most part and they offered commision.
Cons
Pay rate was not very high.
February 27, 2017

We appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts on your experience with West and enjoy hearing how satisfied you were with the company. We so often hear from current and former employees how much they enjoyed the coworkers and leaders with whom they worked. Thanks for writing a review!

Productive and fun workplace. Positive energy throughout.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 18, 2017
Enjoyed coming in to work as everyone was very friendly and willing to assist others needing assistance.
Experienced a great training environment.
Was able to receive clear understanding of programs.
Management was great.
The work place was always very energetic and positive.
Can't say anything was hard about the job.
Everything was enjoyable about the job.
Pros
Great incentives, Health care, Benefits etc.
Amazing People, Great Company
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJanuary 10, 2017
I interned over the summer at West, and I can't say enough about how fantastic the people there were. From the CEO to the directors, to the people on the sales floor, everyone I interacted with was friendly and helpful.

We worked in sales during the internship, and I quickly learned that sales just wasn't a career path for me. However everyone there made it much easier for me, even when I got frustrated.

Doesn't hurt that they took us out on a sailboat twice throughout the internship!
I hated it there.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 22, 2016
After training and your on the floor answering calls you help AT&T customers with and phone issues they are having. I didn't learn very much at this job. It was a very stressful job and it made it harder to concentrate. Management isn't there to help you if you are struggling or if you need help. They are very hands off. Co-workers were very rude to new people. So I only made a few friends while in training. The hardest part of my job was keeping my calls short and to the point. I had a very hard time keeping my time under whatever bar they set for you. The times would go on longer and longer depending on the phones issue. I didn't like working here but it was a job at the time. The environment is not fun or happy go lucky. It was nothing but stress and always worrying about losing your job if you didn't do good on your times.
Cons
no benefits, stressful, not a nice place to work
Passed up for promotion
Sales Support Specialist, Pharmaceutical Division (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIMarch 17, 2017
The job was great until I was passed up for a few promotions I was practically promised. The answer I received was that I was too good to move to a role where "I wouldn't be happy". They called my bluff that I would leave and I'm glad I did. The job I have now is fantastic. However, I did like my co-workers and do miss them.
Pros
Fun place to work with many incentives if you work hard
Cons
Hard work isnt rewarded with promotions.
Not bad but misleading a little bit
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 23, 2017
I started a couple of weeks ago to work in the American Express department. Our department just found out a week ago that American Express is actually terminating their numerous year contract with us to move to a cheaper company. Other than learning that information, it's a fun place to work. Management always helps out when they need to and training is pretty extensive. The reason I say it was misleading was that they told us it was not a sales position at all and later, in training, we find out that it is. It's just soft sales but if I would've known that there were sales involved at all, I probably wouldn't have taken on the position.
February 1, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review as a recent new hire. The situation with your current team is extremely unfortunate and we are committed to identifying a new position for impacted employees. As a company with a wide portfolio of teams, we do offer opportunities across the entire sales spectrum.

I enjoy that type of work but your job seemed to never be sucure.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32505January 30, 2017
The typical day of work was ok. The management seemed to not care about the employee's. Your job seemed to always be threatened. No feeling job security at all. I like the fact I was able to pick up extra work hours if needed. I most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to help solve issues for the customers.
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXFebruary 10, 2017
Its been some years since I've worked there but from what I remember, it was indeed a great place to work. The environment was comfortable for the long hours worked and overall just great.
Pros
Comfortable setting
Cons
Short breaks, and management was a little wishy washy, but this was a long time ago. Im sure they have assesed those issues.
Good place for someone needing a quick and easy place of emoloyment
Senior Event Specialst (Current Employee) –  West Point, GADecember 1, 2016
This is a good place to start out, you can't really promote very quickly, and your options are very limited. Some of the management is great, others are terrible. They choose favorites and don't make everyone follow the same rules.
Pros
Decent wages. You habe chances to promote
Cons
Very disorganized, very slow with promotions.
Great Work Enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 19, 2017
West has a great work environment that makes you WANT to strive for greatness. The management is always willing to help you with anything you need weather its work related or outside of work.
Pros
Great Benefits, Awesome Work enviroment
Cons
99% only sales.
January 23, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review of West. We appreciate your input as a current employee and are pleased to hear you’re enjoying working here. Our people are our most important asset!

Not Impressed
UC Client Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 1, 2016
I worked there a year.

1. The only way to get raise is to get promoted. Basically you can work there for 3 years for example in the same position and not get a cent raise. I don't believe in this at all.

2. Management does not promote from hard work and helping out your team. They promote people based on favoritism and "being in the gang." I saw it happen multiple times where people that were more qualified to be promoted did not receive the offer letter.

3. They have lots of issues with their network or their services going down all the time. There would be 2 or 3 events a week where something major client impacting was happening. West doesn't want to spend money to upgrade it's network equipment, etc.

4. In regards to number 4. Expect to be yelled at by clients wanting to know why their entire site can't make phone calls or their call center's call routing software is down, etc.

5. Call Center/Help Desk job if you want to slave yourself to a cubicle for 8 hours a day.
Pros
5th 3rd Bank Building, lots of places to eat lunch, gym
Cons
Healthcare, management, dead end job.
Great company
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIJanuary 1, 2017
I work in the customer care unit in Middleton Wis. I love my job.Its fast paced you make out going calls to different Doctors offering them samples of different drugs. You make between 120-200 calls a day. My Boss is awesome I work with a great group of women. Breaks are perfect if you are a NON smoker. Benefits are great, you even get a free gym membership. Hardest part of my job is sticking to the script or as my boss says " stay in the box". Another great thing about West is if you don't like the area you are working in or you just need a change they will move you somewhere else and they promote within. If you are struggling there is always someone willing to help you. Did I mention I love my job
Pros
Benefits, hours, staff, promotes within
Cons
Needs more locations
January 23, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review about West. We greatly appreciate hearing from our current employees and are thrilled to know you love your job! You are definitely making an impact in the lives of others.

phone work
Provisioning Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2017
typical phone work company. the benefits were Ok. Huge amounts of overtime, as much as you could work, at the time that I had worked there. Advancement was somewhat Ok.
Pros
OT hours
Cons
30 min lunches, not a whole of advancement opportunities.
A fun workplace with good people
Sales Manager for a Signature Client Group (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 11, 2017
I work for the AT&T department, managing some of AT&T's largest business accounts. Everyday I receive email orders that I have to place and I tend to any other needs requested from my accounts. I have learned how to manage my time and get daily needs done quickly and efficiently. I really enjoy my coworkers and the people who work alongside me on my team. The hardest part of this job would be advancement. There are only certain routes you can go, and they aren't cut out for everyone. I am very content with my position, but I feel it is time to move on to something else with more opportunities.
Pros
Very generous Paid Time Off
Cons
Healthcare packages are not the best
January 23, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review of West. As a current employee of West, we appreciate all you do for the success of our clients and look to work with you on discovering a new opportunity within the company that helps you continue to advance your career.

Learning Experience
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 28, 2016
I answered phone calls and placed orders for our customers. I put customers information into our computer system. Management was good. Coworkers were decent. Hardest part was during high call volume when we got real busy but It got easier. I enjoyed scheduling. You could pick up hours daily when available and also give away hours if needed.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Compensation
very productive, always kept busy, always challenging us to reach higher goals
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 25, 2016
We would answer incoming calls from customers concerning their bill and services. I learned to manage the company's computer systems and be able to multi-task and type notes at a fast pace that were descriptive to the customer's concern and reason for calling. The management was mostly accommodating; there were times that the call volume and requests for managers would put us on hold and wait for a response. The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with irate customers that would demand to speak to a supervisor without allowing to try to help them from the start. The most enjoyable part of the job was how fast paced it was. It rarely allowed us to sit and think of anything else but the customer.
Poor Management
AT&T Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 17, 2016
Not a very much training. Followed by learning a job that was different for the job we were explained we were hired for. Favoritism unfortunately is a huge thing here, it was highly unprofessional as far as it went.

Management as a whole did very little to assist with helping people needing it and trying to get it, they would tell you that you would get time for it but never do anything to ensure you actually got it. The whole experience there was just more of less being ensured things would happen that never did such as bonuses.

I would not recommend this job to anyone. The hours are great but unless you end up under one of the two good managers, its not worth it.
Worst
Tier II Tech (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHMarch 21, 2017
Worst job ever. Promotions given on a friendship basis, not earned. Management had little to no experience. The hours were bad. Too much of a carnival experience.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
too much to list, it was all bad.
West Corp
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 8, 2016
entry level management firm, could use improvement; overall fair place to work. Pay is not competitive with the work that you do; industry pay is higher.
Good Company
Sales Support Specialist, Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 13, 2017
Good company, compensation is well below average. People/management is kind and helpful. I enjoyed my time there. They are very accepting of family obligations.
January 23, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review about West. We believe in a healthy life/work balance and appreciate that you enjoyed that during your time here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9