West Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,941 reviews matching the search
Fun and Productive work place
TELEMARKETER (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 21, 2016
Fun And Productive workplace. Easy call customer relations. No cold calls. Quality customer support representatives.
Very stressful for the pay
Customer Service/Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 21, 2016
There are good and bad things, including the manager can go either way, but personally, if you are not a rockstar 100 % of the time, you are pushed off the side and treated like nothing.
What was the most enjoyable part of the job?
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job was Satisfying my customers, with knowledgeable information on home appliances they were looking to purchase or purchased. It was a very easy job with nice customers, and fun working environment.
Rewarding and productive very fast paced enjoyble
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 21, 2016
Very rewarding company to work for. When I began it involved reading scripts on the computer and processing orders for products seen on television. I was promoted to FEMA which involved helping people receive compensation for their losses due to hurricane Katrina...
Fun Atmosphere
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 20, 2016
At West I would make outbound sales calls to existing ATT cell phone owners with new promotions and plans they could switch to. I really liked that I worked independently, but if I had questions I could go to any of my co-workers or manager for help. The hardest part of this job was working with so many different systems, however if I wasn't sure of something it was easy to talk to my co-workers to help me out.
West is now Alorica
Production Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 18, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at West Corp. The relationships that were built there are still strong today. I really enjoyed the team building exercises and special events.
the best call center ever
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 17, 2016
i enjoyed working with my team. this job is the reason why i fell in love with working with customer service. handling calls for att was the best ever for me.
Pros
unlimited over time
Cons
cant find one
Best coffee
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 16, 2016
From what I've gathered west ha changed quite a bit. When I was doing b2b sales for at&t there was no cap on commission. Now tell a current west employee that & watch their reaction!
good
Training and Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 14, 2016
Learned a lot at this location, politics are heavy and work life balance is poor. I am suppose to write more about company. Call center, low hourly pay, but potential high bonus awarded
The worst company in the world
Membership Consultant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 14, 2016
This company is very bootleg. They will not pay you what the promise to pay you during the interview. I was apart of the amex dept, which was a BIG CON. They want you to talk to BUSINESS owner trying to convince them to keep cards open that they know themselves they don't need. Bonus? what a joke. you have to jump through hoops in order to receive it. I can go on and on about this company and how bootleg and ancient they are but if you waste your time and work here you'll see for your self. DONT BOTHER.. you'll thank me later.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Very productive, fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 13, 2016
This was the first tele- marketing job I'd ever had. It was not difficult to catch on to the groove of converting calls to sales and learning the various product based knowledge needed to assist customers.
Loved it
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 12, 2016
Made lot's of good friends! Easy and simple work and competitive incentives! Miss it sometimes! :) I really appreciated the long training time they provided to make sure we fully understood the material and company policy!
Pros
the people!
Cons
Hours
The most important part of working for West Corp was the people
Waste Management Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 12, 2016
I give them a high rating not for the pay or how strict management was but how great the people were that worked for West. The best part about that job was working with the people
Pros
Working with the people
Cons
Very strict in terms of giving breaks and low pay
Fun
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 6, 2016
I enjoyed this company they just didn't pay enough. Great and fun environment though.. Great first Job! Lots of work, I would recommend to teenagers.
Work environment depends wholly on department.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 6, 2016
West as a company as a whole is great. They treat they employees with great respect. Each department is run independently and each has their own set of regulation based on the contract with the client. This contract will determine how your work environment will be. This is all I can say. West does it;s best to find a place where you will fit int.
Pros
Open door policy
Cons
Strict work schedule
Great pay, poor managment
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 5, 2016
This is a great job if you want to remain in your current position. There is many opportunities to move up in the company. They offer monthly bonuses which is really nice.
Pros
Pay and bonuses
Cons
no option to move up in company
Decent pay - management needs work
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 5, 2016
This is a great company to work for if you don't want to move up in the company. The management plays favorites and picks who they want to move up in the company.
The pay is decent and the program I worked on offered monthly bonuses, however the requirement for the bonuses changed frequently.
They are willing to work with you if you have appointments.
Pros
bonus
Cons
hard to move up in compnay
Great Company
Program CoordinatTor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 3, 2016
I enjoyed working for West. I felt appreciated while employed here. They are in a great location and really listen to employee needs.
Total waste of time look elsewhere
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 1, 2016
Where to start. Management is shady can't trust them and they only promote their friends or the ones who suck up. I have seen them personally promote someone and everyone else was simply baffled. They don't like to promote anyone who could be a potential threat to any upper management position.

They fired people all the time. Quick and brutal. Client didn't like you, you are gone. Client takes business away, multiple firings. Seemed like there was always a fake attempt at redemption on your behalf but no one cared.

Breaks were a joke it was clocked at 10 minutes down to the micro second. Benefits were ok at least you could get medical.

They say they aren't a call center but it's a call center nothing more. Bonuses when I started were amazing but as they grew those became obsolete and hard to get. West feels $10-$12 an hour is a great competitive wage. You'll never get more than that, raises will never happen.

Work environment was awful, turn over was unbelievable. All in all I gave it a chance to be something but West failed. The Wausau WI branch had bed bugs, it's a dump. Management is a good ole boys club. Wouldn't trust them ever. I left, the best thing I did was quit. Way more money, better job, more fulfilling, better environment etc.

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE MUCH BETTER JOBS IN WAUSAU.
Pros
Cons
Many
Decent place of employment
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 29, 2016
Managers were friendly and willing to help.
Co-Workers were nice to work with.
No nights
No Weekends
Pay was average for work.
Bonus structure was hard to make at times.
Pros
Free lunch, No nights and weekends
Cons
Call Center