West Corporation

West Corporation Employee Reviews

very busy
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Pensacola FlJune 20, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: short breaks
It was a very busy buisness with to many supervisors. I learned very fast and was usually in the top ten of my group. I was number 1 in my training class. Management was awesome co workers come and go so fast that you dont really get to know anyone. I loved answering phones it was pretty easy to learn,
no communication
Pharmaceutical Research Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 18, 2015
Pros: camaraderie between co-workers
Cons: no clear communication
Operating several systems to provide excellent customer service in a timely manner, taught me both to be efficient and precise, as well as to rely on my resources.

Hardest part was no real management nor support, which caused in gap of expectations.
The best was when a customer was able to receive all the answers and hung up satisfied.
continual education
Licensed Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Valley, WAJune 18, 2015
I would enroll participants into health plans, either in open enrollment or if they had a special election period which allowed them to enroll at that specific time. I also discussed the benefits of the health plan, what it did or did not cover, we looed up their doctors and hospitals to make sure they were in or out of the medical network, also routed calls to the proper departments, I also worked with the ACA ( affordable care act) plans for individuals under the age of 65, enrolling them into polices, canceling and changing polices, and going over their benefits, sometimes we helped with billing issues depending on the issue.
west was horrible
AT&T Technical Support/Commitment Team (Former Employee), niles, ohioJune 15, 2015
west horrible for many reasons. the management was constantly changing things. constantly nit picking you for every little thing you did wrong and not telling you how to fix it. also too many people were on the management staff that didn't know what they were doing.
Temporary Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 13, 2015
Good to be a temporary job, need some work on management and projects, company should really select carefully their employees and strictly follow dress code and rules .
fast paced
Data entry (Former Employee), universal cityJune 13, 2015
Fast paced and productive all day everyday. Management friendly. Many diverse and friendly co-workers. system was easy to use.
Excellent
Customer Service Receptionist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 12, 2015
This position was a welcome opportunity for growth. The flexibility of working with customer via the internet at home. West Corporation nationwide television advertisement link their customer's to my home office center to handled their request for products.
Fun enviroment, Games, free lunches
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 11, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, good enviroment, good pay and benefits, and overtime
Cons: Nothing
West was a good place to work for me. Everyone was friendly and it was always something fun and new to learn. You got to help upset people out to make them stay with Toys and Babies "R" Us. If we didn't have a lot of work you could do e-mails and still met your goal required. You didn't have to explain to anyone that you were leaving work because it showed when you were late, when you didn't come and when you left early. It was supervision but it wasn't bad. they didn't crowd over you as most customer service places do because it was easy and your answers to everything was in your customer company system.
west
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 10, 2015
Unfortunately, this company does not have a safe work environment, a lot of employees feel as though they don't exist. The YWCA has become one of the worst places to work at
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), San Antonio, TexasJune 10, 2015
One of the easiest jobs I have ever worked. Just answer phone calls and assist customers when they call and move on to the next thing.
Not a fan
Operations Trainer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 10, 2015
A typical work day was filled with stress. It seems as though the company was always pushing employees around when it came to statistics. They did not try to accommodate to some of the employees that had serious illnesses.
Burns you out.
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee), Wausau, WIJune 9, 2015
Pros: Steady hours, good rate of pay, bonuses, some great people
Cons: Doing the same thing over and over, trying to make people feel better rather than solving their problems, ridiculously formal culture for a call center
First of all, if you are thinking of working at West I would recommend looking at reviews for the location in your area, because West "farms" call centers to other companies, many of which are household names. Your experience is going to depend a lot on what company you are being farmed out to.

I've worked on the same group at the same location in a few different roles for a few years. The pay – more... and benefits are above average for someone who didn't finish college in my city. The company offers bonuses but they can be challenging to get, on some programs the bonus is dependant on factors outside of your direct control.

I learned a lot of new skills and a lot of interesting information about the industry my group works in. A typical day consists of taking 50+ customer calls about a variety of products. The most frustrating part is that you often are not able to help customers with the things they need, and both West and the company we contract for are extremely inflexible. Basically, if some small thing is wrong, it's going to be wrong for months, possibly years. And you will continue to hear about it, including hearing people scream at you, cry, tell you sob stories, be snobby, etc. All day. Every day. My direct supervisors are all nice people, but either some of them are fake or they have no power over anything either.

This is a culture that expects positivity and a "can do" spirit in spite of actual facts, and that promotes the people who are most well liked. The company takes itself as seriously as if they were working for the NSA at times- very strict security regulations, business casual dress code even though we are warned a week or more ahead of time if we will be visited by the people we contract through and no customers can see us (some of the sales people actually wear blazers and stuff on the regular! ick!), office space-esque efforts to make your job fun that remind you of being in High School, very limited sick/vacation time use even with a Doctor's note, breaks regulated to the minute, an employee stock purchase program, etc. We have high turnover and I just realized today that no one from the group that was here when I trained is still here, other than the managers. It's not a bad job, but if the company changed their culture a bit, they might find people less likely to burn out. – less
Long training hours
AT&T Tech Support Representative (Former Employee), Niles, OHJune 5, 2015
Constant multitasking on the computer and on the phone with customers. Learning new systems to service customers.Fast paced environment, most of the staff was friendly.
Great Compensation But Needed Structure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, AlJune 3, 2015
Pros: Social atmosphere, lots of overtime, pto, uto
Cons: bad management, wasn't paid commissions
Busy mornings and laid back afternoons. The phones would never stop ringing so there were plenty of customers to tend to. The management however had very bad structure and advancing was more placed on favoritism than work experience and skill level.
work hours were great, company was great
Voice Response Quality Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 3, 2015
Pros: great people, great company
Cons: work was not a good fit for me
the people I worked with were great with only 2 exceptions. they do a lot of activities and team building events. Unfortunately the position I had was not a good fit because I never left my cubical unless it was a meeting, break, lunch, or an event. I am a social person and a multi-tasker and the position was constant repetitive action.
Corporation Review
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Niles, OHJune 2, 2015
Pros: Promotions & Advancement
Cons: Breaks
I currently have been working with West Corporation for 5 years and in my time that i have been with the company I can honestly say that i have learned so much regarding technology and telecommunications. The work flow is consist and absolutely a joy to feel like you have been able to change the difference for someone by simplyin assisting with some awesome systems and tools, management being able to stand behind you and support the decisions and assist in making the right decisions, the co-workers are absolutely a joy to be around and always willing to help. The hardest part of the job is not being able to fix everything that might be asked of you but the most enjoyable part is finding some type of way to find a resolution to satisfy your customer
A slave ship upon the high seas......
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJune 2, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: too many to count.....
The worst place I have ever worked.....the managers sat around all day & micro-managed the employees by monitoring them on the telephones....they seemed more concerned about pinning employees for minor issues than relating to them as human beings....very negative environment....similar to an correctional institution where people walk around all day paranoid that they may get "fired!" My advice is to "run," don't walk to a better place of business. The pay is moderate, but not worth the abuse you have to take from the customers.
Ops Team Supervisor - West Corporation
Operations Team Supervisor, NC (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMay 30, 2015
A typical day at work for me consists of coaching and developing a team of Customer Service Advocates who provide award winning customer service their customers. Working for West Corporation now known as Alorica has taught me great patience and has increased my level of multitasking. I have gained a lot of leadership training that has helped me become a better supervisor for the customer service associates. I work with an exceptional group of employees who helps to keep our work environment at ease. I don’t think there is anything too hard about my job, but the most enjoyable part about it is the smile that I put on people’s faces!
hard working, highly motivated, go go go attitude
account manager (Former Employee), san antonioMay 27, 2015
Pros: hard working, strong minded, competitive, strong willed.
Cons: devotion.
I always have a smile on my face. rarely ever come to work late if i am late then that means something happened. i normaly come to work 30 minutes to an hour early because i am eager to work.
Stressful Job
Customer Representative (Current Employee), Beaumont TexasMay 27, 2015
Pros: Some Compensation (minute)
Cons: Terrible atmosphere and the place needs to be redesigned.
When you go into training, everything is loose and clean cut. When you get moved onto the call center floor, life is much different. There is immense stress involved, causing you to eat the snack food provided. In doing this, you get tired at work. There are NO healthy options for food there. Also this site has less than helpful workers on the site chat on the system. Supervisors do not care a whole – more... lot about chat unless desperately needed. The system that overlooks your progress and your timing for the week, also uses your work to grade your supervisor. Thus, making your supervisor suffer if you do. This system is ridiculous, and I am surprised that they keep as many managers as they have.
PS - They would not tell me the turnover rate, which means that their rate of hire/fire is insanely high. Most likely in the 75 - 80% range based on the people i met there and their attitude towards the job, at least for American Home Shield.

ALSO: I was sick since I got on the floor. There are always sick people and NO sick days for quite some time. I couldn't talk for a week, and they told me to come in DURING that week and take calls.. They do NOT care. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About West Corporation

Enterprise technology, by definition, faces the constant challenges of complexity and obsolescence. At West, we are dedicated – Read more

West Corporation Salaries

$11.00 per hour
Customer Service/Sales Representative
$10.00 per hour

West Corporation Photos

Everywhere you turn at West, there is an opportunity to be had.
West Corporate Logo