West Corporation

West Corporation Employee Reviews

Inbound Sales Calls
Home/Independent Contractor/ Customer Service (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 22, 2015
Pros: Schedules
Cons: No immediate assistance when needed
Enjoyed the flexibility of my own schedule and the ability to learn different projects. Enjoyed taking inbound sales calls but didn't have much guidance immediately if questions arose. Never really knew who my supervisor was so when I needed assistance I turned to co-workers working the same project.
Overall good experience with the company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OklahomaMay 21, 2015
Lots of interactive activities for employees, fun opportunities and charity events.
Solid workplace environment and possibility for moving up in the company.
Great management,
The hardest part would be the fast paced environment, which was also the most enjoyable part of the job
cold,crowded
COMCAST CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 20, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: short breaks, no help from supervisors
West Corporation was not the ideal job for me. The supervisors provided little to no help. I was pregnant and wasn't allowed any accommodations such as going to lunch at a decent time.
Selfish
Sales Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 19, 2015
The DirecTV portion of the company is ran by people who care only for themselves. The work place is a dog-eat-dog world where everybodynis willing to step over everyone else to try and obtain more money for themselves. No professionlism or opportunities to advance.
very stress but money is great
Customer service Representative (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 19, 2015
this job is a very very stressful job, only because the way management is set-up. benefits and money is perfect! and hours a very flexible
Productive fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), work at homeMay 18, 2015
Pros: flexability
Cons: hours can be hard to get at times
very flexible pal line easy access great co workers scheduling is based on when i can work and not when they want me to work
Disappointed
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMay 18, 2015
They are very misleading during the job search and hiring process. It seems as though you can apply for a full time job but then you find out that it's only full time if they don't have enough employees to pick up hours. The good thing is that you pick the hours you want to work, so you set your own schedule. But what happens is they offer you a job when they really need workers, during a busy time. So you get hired when there are hours available every day for you to chose from. What you don't realize is that although they don't call all of their assignments seasonal, that's exactly what they turn out to be. I was hired for a particular job and was able to find 40 hours to work per week if I wanted that many and after just 2 months I was not able to find any hours to work unless I sat at the computer all day long checking the schedule to see if any hours were posted. Yet they still hold you to the minimum required hours per week and if you don't meet that requirement, you get written up. I have been very disappointed with them. It sounds great, being able to pick your own schedule but if you're really relying on this job and don't have another full time job, you'd have a problem paying the bills.
Not a place for humans especially with children
Optum Rx Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMay 15, 2015
I have worked for the company for 3+ years.( Can't seem to find anything else yet that pays this much for me to sit on my butt.) After year 2 everything went down hill. The management now acts as if they do not care for the employees. There is no compassion for the employees. You are required to do the work of 4 people but get paid for less than what one of them would make outside of West. The one thing that is good is that you make your own hours basically. you can trade shift hours with the company or with other employees if need to or if want to. You can add hours to your shift if you want or need to work more. Be prepared to be overworked an underpaid. There is no consistency. Things change hourly, daily, weekly, and/ or monthly. As long as you get the job done quickly, correctly, respectfully, and efficiently while incorporating the change you will do just fine. As long as you can handle irate customers with complete respect and empathy no matter what is said to you. and you maintain a 98% quality, 90% schedule adherence, 93% labor or don't mind being told when to go on break 10mins only and when to go to lunch 30mins only (ea. day your breaks and lunch time varies) you will do just fine at this job, Raises are 15 cents a year. Come join our team.
Would not recommend to anyone
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 14, 2015
The managers are rude and only care about themselves, I know a particular manager who had many harassment claims they never did anything about it. Extremly poor work conditions
constant work and constant vilagence
Facility Safety Specialist (Current Employee), Universal City, TXMay 9, 2015
Pros: work indoors and never a shortage of hours
Cons: low pay and no longer has comparable benefits..
A typical day consist of constantly watching cameras and staying on alert throughout the shift to ensure the safety of our staff.
GREAT EXPERIENCE!!
Customer Care Associate/Pharmacy Help Desk (Current Employee), ROCKYMOUNTApril 30, 2015
GREAT EXPERIENCE!! I LOVE THE WORKING!!!
I LEARNED ALOT ABOUT DEALING WITH CUSTOMERS.. GREAT PAY AND GREAT BENEFITS.. HANDLING AVERAGE OF 100 CALLS PER DAY....
Very bad comany to work for.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 29, 2015
A typical day consisted of answering calls and assisting guest with their orders. Most of the co-workers could care less about how they helped their customers which made it hard to work for this company. The supervisors would refuse to take calls when a customer asked for them. Horrible. Very unstable and unhappy environment.
Great place to work can be stressful
Customer service rep (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 26, 2015
I hand multiple calls per day from heathcare professionals. I have learned how to multitask, and many aspects and knowledge of the healthcare industry. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people solve their problems with their patient's medical claims.
easy going
CSR II (Former Employee), Universal City, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: pins
west was a very good start off job for me , as far as getting me ready for what i call the call center life. i enjoyed it and would direct more younger people to start off at west to gain experince
Not the best place to work
Performance Assessment Specialist (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 20, 2015
Pros: Fairly easy to get hired
Cons: don't take prizes earned in raffles, drawings etc, because they will take the tax amount from your check without your permission.
A typical day at work can go pretty smoothly, if you are a person who is favored by management. The best part of the job is how easy it is to get your foot in the door. After that, it is very mediocre. As a performance assessment specialist, I have worked for 4 years and only received a .65 total raise, even though I consistently receive good reviews annually.
Productive company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule
Cons: It's a job
I enjoy working from home because the hours are very flexible to fit in my everyday life. Great company to work for and by the way you are working from your home.
Constantly changing companies, High Turnover Rates
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 11, 2015
The idea of the company is great and it is good for recent grads but they do customer service for several different companies. While I was there, they changed 3 or 4 times. 2 or 3 cable companies and 3 cell phone companies gave them contracts then cancelled with them. Also, employee turnover is insane. People are in and out of that place. I had a different manager every other week. It was great for me to get my foot in the door in the customer service industry. They didn't offer any medical or dental benefits to even full time employees so that was a bummer.
na
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Spokane Valley, WAApril 10, 2015
Pros: 15 minute break
Cons: none
Ensured superior customer experience by addressing customer concerns,
demonstrating empathy and resolving problems
o Managed a wide variety of customer service and administrative tasks to resolve
customers issues quickly and efficiently
Too much micromanagement
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee), Niles, OHApril 9, 2015
Too many inconsistent, unattainable stats. Not enough salary to match job skills needing to be accomplished on a daily basis.
great security and great place with great salaray but high turn over rate
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 9, 2015
Pros: great salary/hourly pay/ and allowance to do up to 112hours on each check
Cons: short breaks, high turn over
a typical day at work I would say I answered about 35calls unless it was a holiday on holidays I answesred about 20 and the days before and after holidays or new releases I would answer about 60 west is a great place if your in need of money but there turn over rate is very high and the company will fire you for almost anything and hate to pay maternity leave other than that I met a lot of fantastic people there and it was a wonderful job experience my co workers were the best and iv made many friendships out of them the hardest part of the day would be lunch time.. around this time is where there is a high call volume and most of the callers are either angry or in a total rush... I enjoyed the most just being able to help the customer I was assisting, knowing I could make them happy by the end of the call made me able to do almost anything.

1 2 3 4 5

About West Corporation

Spoken every day, in every way. To many of the top companies in nearly every industry, West provides the technology and customized – Read more

West Corporation Salaries

$11.00 per hour
Client Services Manager
$36,800 per year

West Corporation Photos

Everywhere you turn at West, there is an opportunity to be had.
West Corporate Logo