West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,136 reviews matching the search
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32505February 20, 2017
I think that is could be a more productive work place if there wasn't a seating , parking issue and it was more cleanly and the monitor system was better.
Pros
Kiosky, able to post and pick up
Cons
Short breaks, no Seats, Cleanilness
My west
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 20, 2017
I love the NEW WEST. This is not the old West with the reputation in telemarketing and debt collecting. This is new Health Advocate and it is an awesome place to work. I am going on 6 months and dont plan to leave anytime soon! Very close and tight niche family, couldnt ask for a better workplace
Very nice place and good people to work with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Sold different products and service for various companies. Staff was very friendly and professional. They are very good at training their employees on product knowledge and how to build rapport with potential clients. Management for the most part are very friendly and professional energetic and enthusiastic people. Workplace culture was very friendly. The hardest part of the job was sometimes finding new ways to sell for new clients. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with coworkers.
Pros
Good people to work with for the most part and they offered commision.
Cons
Pay rate was not very high.
Great working from home.
Call Center Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2017
I liked working from home however the pay wasn't enough for me. Wasnt enough coaching from management. The training for the assignments should be better.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Not enough pay, better training.
Inbound Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beatrice, NEFebruary 15, 2017
Great place to work for being a legitimate work at home job, easy to work doing, is a legitimate work at home job. Learned to deal with a wide range of customers.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No benefits
This job is no longer in my area, they sold out to a company called Alorica
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 13, 2017
Working at West was fine, there were some good times and some bad times, the rules were always changing so you were not sure, most of the time, if you would have a job the next day, they had a high turn over for people working there, I left after pregnancy
What I learned
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 13, 2017
I learned to provide quality of service to ensure our customers call in with a resolution they are seeking. Providing our customer with the correct information and how to sign up with Atena insurance and their criteria of quality of service. The management team made sure that you were part of a great team and assisted it any way possible.
Great job for high school grads
Listener Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 10, 2017
Friendly staff and friendly workers but that's all that's great about this place. Workplace was unsanitary at times, pay is horrible, and management is clueless
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Horrible pay
Fun place to work at
Technical Support Desk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 10, 2017
Great team leads and great co workers. There was no hardest part of the job. The greatest part was being to help the customers resolve their issues.
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXFebruary 10, 2017
Its been some years since I've worked there but from what I remember, it was indeed a great place to work. The environment was comfortable for the long hours worked and overall just great.
Pros
Comfortable setting
Cons
Short breaks, and management was a little wishy washy, but this was a long time ago. Im sure they have assesed those issues.
Working for Express Scripts
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Very, very unorganized. With constant change the management failed to keep employee up to date on changes. There should be more focus on the bettering of staffing training as well.
Most unprofessional place I've ever worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 9, 2017
Just to give you an idea of the kind of place this is, I was refused to be given my paycheck unless I were to sign a disciplinary action for being absent (for my sons birth, which I communicated in advance to the site director and had cleared). In the year that I worked there I got moved under 7 different supervisors because they came and went so frequently. They would blast horribly inappropriate music through the PA loud enough for the customers to hear (don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the music, but my customer's sure didn't). Last but not least, the supervisors would intentionally ignore requests that required them do anything more than just walk around and hit on whatever unfortunate girl is in their sights.
Pros
Decent pay and comission
Cons
Everything else
Still the same West
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Not much has changed on how they value employees. They truly don't.

You can't reasonably schedule vacation time and heaven forbid you get sick or have to handle personal business.
High Energy
Inbound Sales (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Good Staff, Caring managers, good product , metrics easy to meet, directors and VP easily approachable, team family atmosphere, good monthly pay
Pros
pot lucks
Cons
365 a year no holidays

Comment – February 15, 2017

We appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts on West and we thank you for your service to the company!

A work environment with great management team and great work scheduling
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 7, 2017
Making outbound calls and answering inbound calls for Clients of the company.
What I learned is to multitask between computer screens.
Management and Training program is very thorough, so after you get rid of the the first 3 days of trying to remember everything in training on the floor by yourself, you succeeded easily.
Pros
games, prizes, gift gards
Cons
to many co -workers with a non adult work attitude
ok
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 6, 2017
the management is really micro managed and they do not treat all people equally. the co workers you will work with are amazing group of people this company has high turn over

Comment – February 8, 2017

Thank you for writing a review of West. As a current employee in a Senior role, we appreciate the insight you have shared as someone who is close to the front lines. We look to our current and future leaders to help identify areas in which we can improve.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHFebruary 5, 2017
Productive workplace, Great Flexible hours to accommodate family and kids, Enjoyed helping customers with their At&t bills. Handle customer calls to help with AT&T billing and questions.
Customer Service
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 3, 2017
Typical day talking to customer and getting things resolve for them. I like the fact that you could change you schedule some giving away time and add time.
Pros
schedule
Cons
sales
West Business Solutions was a good company to work for.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 3, 2017
On the job training was required and worthwhile. The workload was appropriate for the amount of compensation and benefits provided.
Transcription
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 2, 2017
The company went out of business in April 2012. Flexible hours with decent pay and raises. I loved my position and the people I worked with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9