West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,210 reviews matching the search
Great company
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIJanuary 1, 2017
I work in the customer care unit in Middleton Wis. I love my job.Its fast paced you make out going calls to different Doctors offering them samples of different drugs. You make between 120-200 calls a day. My Boss is awesome I work with a great group of women. Breaks are perfect if you are a NON smoker. Benefits are great, you even get a free gym membership. Hardest part of my job is sticking to the script or as my boss says " stay in the box". Another great thing about West is if you don't like the area you are working in or you just need a change they will move you somewhere else and they promote within. If you are struggling there is always someone willing to help you. Did I mention I love my job
Pros
Benefits, hours, staff, promotes within
Cons
Needs more locations
January 23, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review about West. We greatly appreciate hearing from our current employees and are thrilled to know you love your job! You are definitely making an impact in the lives of others.

Productive and fun workplace. Positive energy throughout.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 18, 2017
Enjoyed coming in to work as everyone was very friendly and willing to assist others needing assistance.
Experienced a great training environment.
Was able to receive clear understanding of programs.
Management was great.
The work place was always very energetic and positive.
Can't say anything was hard about the job.
Everything was enjoyable about the job.
Pros
Great incentives, Health care, Benefits etc.
I hated it there.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 22, 2016
After training and your on the floor answering calls you help AT&T customers with and phone issues they are having. I didn't learn very much at this job. It was a very stressful job and it made it harder to concentrate. Management isn't there to help you if you are struggling or if you need help. They are very hands off. Co-workers were very rude to new people. So I only made a few friends while in training. The hardest part of my job was keeping my calls short and to the point. I had a very hard time keeping my time under whatever bar they set for you. The times would go on longer and longer depending on the phones issue. I didn't like working here but it was a job at the time. The environment is not fun or happy go lucky. It was nothing but stress and always worrying about losing your job if you didn't do good on your times.
Cons
no benefits, stressful, not a nice place to work
Pay isn't worth the job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 4, 2016
When I interviewed I was told that it would be comparable benefits and pay to my previous job. That proved to be not true and cost me my home because I was not able to afford my bills the benefits were awful. They offer a benefits package but for anything you want to pay over $300 per paycheck and that's not good when you're only getting paid about $500 a week. We are pretty flexible there and that's a plus if your family person. But this job is for someone who has a two income or more family or someone who's just trying to get out of the house. I wouldn't recommend this to anybody who lives on their own.
Pros
Flexible schedule, pto offered right away
Cons
Pay is poor, benefits too expensive
west
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 14, 2017
A typical day at work was very busy and interesting and learning how to multitask in so may different levels everyday. I learned you have to have patience and great customer service skills. Treat people how you wanted to be treated on a call and make them feel as comfortable as you would want to feel.
Pros
we had good benefits and holiday pay and paid time off
Cons
short breaks and mandortory overtime
Great Work Enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 19, 2017
West has a great work environment that makes you WANT to strive for greatness. The management is always willing to help you with anything you need weather its work related or outside of work.
Pros
Great Benefits, Awesome Work enviroment
Cons
99% only sales.
January 23, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review of West. We appreciate your input as a current employee and are pleased to hear you’re enjoying working here. Our people are our most important asset!

phone work
Provisioning Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2017
typical phone work company. the benefits were Ok. Huge amounts of overtime, as much as you could work, at the time that I had worked there. Advancement was somewhat Ok.
Pros
OT hours
Cons
30 min lunches, not a whole of advancement opportunities.
Good Place to gain Experience
Personal Lines P&C Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time here with this company as this is a great way to gain experience and also get your Property and Casualty License. You also learn about sales with this company as well as computer experience.
Pros
Great way to gain experience.
Cons
Benefits are not that great.
Precise duties relating to employees paychecks
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2017
Great place to work, good benefits. Performed payroll duties for West Corporation to include timekeeping, PTO and vacation balances. Also performed garnishment duties and cut refund checks when applicable.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, separate location from base location.
Cons
N/A
Learning Experience
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 28, 2016
I answered phone calls and placed orders for our customers. I put customers information into our computer system. Management was good. Coworkers were decent. Hardest part was during high call volume when we got real busy but It got easier. I enjoyed scheduling. You could pick up hours daily when available and also give away hours if needed.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Compensation
Good job
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 26, 2017
Working at west was a great opportunity to learn other things such as claims, insurance benefits and how to be a proper customer service representative. If this job had different rules and proved to be more stable, I would have stayed.
Pros
Good job
Cons
lack of stability
Good Company
Sales Support Specialist, Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 13, 2017
Good company, compensation is well below average. People/management is kind and helpful. I enjoyed my time there. They are very accepting of family obligations.
January 23, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review about West. We believe in a healthy life/work balance and appreciate that you enjoyed that during your time here.

Transcription
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 2, 2017
The company went out of business in April 2012. Flexible hours with decent pay and raises. I loved my position and the people I worked with.
productive work environment
CSR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2017
this is a great place to work with halfway decent pay, and decent benefits. the work however, is a little boring. the most enjoyable part of this job is that the day will go by pretty quickly.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
work is montanenous
January 23, 2017

We appreciate you taking time to write a review on your time at West. We wish you well in your future endeavors and hope West has contributed to building your skills through your experience here.

Not Impressed
UC Client Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 1, 2016
I worked there a year.

1. The only way to get raise is to get promoted. Basically you can work there for 3 years for example in the same position and not get a cent raise. I don't believe in this at all.

2. Management does not promote from hard work and helping out your team. They promote people based on favoritism and "being in the gang." I saw it happen multiple times where people that were more qualified to be promoted did not receive the offer letter.

3. They have lots of issues with their network or their services going down all the time. There would be 2 or 3 events a week where something major client impacting was happening. West doesn't want to spend money to upgrade it's network equipment, etc.

4. In regards to number 4. Expect to be yelled at by clients wanting to know why their entire site can't make phone calls or their call center's call routing software is down, etc.

5. Call Center/Help Desk job if you want to slave yourself to a cubicle for 8 hours a day.
Pros
5th 3rd Bank Building, lots of places to eat lunch, gym
Cons
Healthcare, management, dead end job.
Inbound Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beatrice, NEFebruary 15, 2017
Great place to work for being a legitimate work at home job, easy to work doing, is a legitimate work at home job. Learned to deal with a wide range of customers.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No benefits
West Business Solutions was a good company to work for.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 3, 2017
On the job training was required and worthwhile. The workload was appropriate for the amount of compensation and benefits provided.
Easy, consistent and stable
Customer Service/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 31, 2017
The people there are wonderful, its a great work enviroment with great benefits - hardest part about the job is how monotonous it can be at times
February 1, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your experience working for West. We do have some amazing people here who make this a great place to work!

February 8, 2017

Thank you for writing a review of West and for sharing your perspective of your time at West. We wish you well in your future endeavors!

Great work environment
AT&T Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 26, 2016
I really enjoyed working at west because you were split into groups and I was a lucky one and got a good group. but we also became a family we didnt get to socialize as often at work because we were on the phones all day. but it was really fun, great pay and benefits i would love to work there again.
Compensation was decent
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 10, 2016
I worked here for a little over a year. The compensation was good but the work and life balance not so much. The only reason I did not stay here is because of my Internship for school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9