West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,263 reviews matching the search
Great Money, Fun workplace
Sales Associate Direct TV (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 27, 2017
management was good, what I expected out of a call center
the days at work where easy going and made my sales
the most enjoyable part of working for West was the opportunity for the amount of money in commission.
Consumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 26, 2017
great people to work with every on was helpful, if you wanted to work over time they would let you as long as they had it to give, either on the phones or doing emails
Flexable schedule and stay busy
Phone operator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA 70801April 26, 2017
There was hardly ever any down time, so I stayed busy, which I like. You could alter your schedule on a computer system that allowed you to pick up extra hours or put your hours on someone else who is asking for them.
West Telemarketing never discriminated against anyone and hired everyone who was able to read and write. It was up to that individual to make it to work, and be punctual, and productive to whether they stayed at the position or not.
Pros
Large break room/ could change schedule all the time
Cons
Extremely strict attendence policy
A good job
Customer service, Phones (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAApril 24, 2017
Enjoyed the learning experience I was able to have. I got the chance to learn more about HSA and FSA to go with the the job choice I went to school for
Overview
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 24, 2017
Great work life balance. Opportunity to flourish and make money. Management knows how to sell and get into deals and win them. Overall i recommend this to anyone wanting to sell technology
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 23, 2017
West Communications was a really nice company to work for. This job was my first call center experience. I have been working call centers ever since then.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
A challenging and productive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 20, 2017
A typical day at work constituted in answering inbound calls for AT&T customers to address any customer needs. This included setting them up with cell phone service to addressing any billing or technical issues.

What I learned as a customer service representative was on how to maintain professionalism at all times as well on how to maneuver easily through the various software systems that were needed resolve the customers needs.

The management was very willing to assist in addressing any technical or customer issues that appeared from time to time.

The workplace culture was friendly as all coworkers were willing to work as a team to ensure we went above and beyond when resolving customer issues.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn new systems and the various ways to approach different customer needs to ensure call quality was maintained at all times.
Pros
Able to set one's on work schedule, friendly atmosphere, and a challenging.
Cons
short breaks
relaxation area flexible hours
Hostess /Server (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 20, 2017
days were fast pasted,learned a lot about medications how medical benefits worked, the transition between Doctors and pharmacies, confidentiality laws .managing clients information with there charts, and there needs. not very diverse. was not being able to cut the cost for some medications low enough, was being able to assist in lower cost of medications.
very nice working here
Sr. Dev Ops engineer & Cloud engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2017
I am feeling very nice to work here and it is very much for me in managing the work and completing the projects on time.
Currently, my project is done and it is in the production stage and the outcome of the project will be successful.
It's an okay company to work for
HR Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 20, 2017
The company is an okay company to work for. Benefits and pay could be better. Alorica bought out the business solutions division and laid off a bunch of people

Want to know more about West Corporation?

Ask a question
the atmosphere was nice and I love the team leads I had
Customer Service Representative/Electric (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 20, 2017
My work day most of the time was interesting. The customers never let me down when it came to there excuses of why their bills were not paid. It was also interesting to see how long the company would allow these bills to go unpaid before shutting the customers off.
Pros
The co-workers I was surrounded by always made being at work fun
Cons
couldn't leave to go to lunch or home at designated time
Productive and Fun Place to work
Confidential (Current Employee) –  ConfidentialApril 19, 2017
I absolutely enjoy the workplace culture. We have a great group of employees that get along really well. The management team are a fun bunch, working hard to keep everyone engaged.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, and overall great group to work with.
Cons
Healthcare benefits could be better (a bit expensive).
okay place to work
Lead Editor (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 18, 2017
okay place to work treated with respect and able to dress nice. Lunches were a good amount of time. management was nice and the job was easy with room for advancement
Pros
can dress nice
Cons
short breaks
Ok
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 17, 2017
Went through alot of ups and downs in that company. As being a manager West needs work on retaining employees and putting them first. This company is very sales driven, without keeping employee's on the process.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Managemeny
April 27, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review on your time at West. Retention of employees is a high priority for the organization at all levels of leadership. We thank you for your service to the organization and wish you well in your future.

Great people, poorly ran.
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 17, 2017
The majority of the employees worked hard and tried their best, but management constrained the company so tightly and pushed it in the wrong direction that it became a nightmare day to day. Overall I learned a lot, as there are some extremely intelligent people that work there and are kind enough to take time to explain things, but the way the company functioned inhibited so much that it was no longer worth it to be employed there.
April 27, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review on your time at West. We do indeed have some great employees working here and appreciate the opportunity to continue to improve based on the feedback we receive. We thank you for your service to the organization and wish you well in your future.

Large Company over 5000 employees
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 17, 2017
Since this is a large employer, each position is very specialized. The position you are trying to move in to, may require current experience. If you've been in your specialized field too long, you probably won't get the position.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not able to grow without current experience
Call Center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2017
I only worked part time from my home. I didn't get any benefits that a full time employee received. If you take calls for the right company, they would offer perks such as a higher hourly wage when they knew incoming calls would be heavy. The hardest part of working from home was online training yourself.
April 27, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review on your time at West, and thank you for your service to the organization. We wish you well in your future.

i did not like it
Calling Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78249April 17, 2017
it was a bad work place , I really did not like it at all!! the people were not friendly and everyday was a new problem about something ,I was not happy
April 27, 2017

We appreciate you writing a review of your time at West, and we’re sorry to hear we weren’t a match. We wish you well in your career as you move forward.

Was a very good call center
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 15, 2017
So many memories i dont know where to start i loved coming in on my shift everyone was so full of joy and always had a smile and so dedicated to they job
It was a good place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 15, 2017
The environment was fast pace but the flow was good and it was not too loud when people were talking to customers. The information through training was good and talking to supervisors was helpful to understand how to handle customers in difficult situations. Sometimes, it was difficult to stay emotionally calm when knowing the end result was not favorable to the customer. Knowing that the information shared with the customer was true and with hidden agenda was important to me. The contest with other employees was fun and challenging.
Pros
Serving the customers was great and rewarding
Cons
Having to share difficult information was sometimes emotionally draining.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9