West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,088 reviews matching the search
Good Company
Sales Support Specialist, Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 13, 2017
Good company, compensation is well below average. People/management is kind and helpful. I enjoyed my time there. They are very accepting of family obligations.
relaxing place
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXJanuary 12, 2017
I loved this job I had my own work station the coworkers was the best I loved how they would have on the floor contest for the employees to get a goal for the day I enjoyed the customers
Clean call center with many different projects
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 12, 2017
West has many different job opportunities and provides a clean work environment. They offer a wide range of jobs and reliable work hours.
Pros
steady wages, clean environment
Cons
not a lot of opportunity for advancement
A fun workplace with good people
Sales Manager for a Signature Client Group (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 11, 2017
I work for the AT&T department, managing some of AT&T's largest business accounts. Everyday I receive email orders that I have to place and I tend to any other needs requested from my accounts. I have learned how to manage my time and get daily needs done quickly and efficiently. I really enjoy my coworkers and the people who work alongside me on my team. The hardest part of this job would be advancement. There are only certain routes you can go, and they aren't cut out for everyone. I am very content with my position, but I feel it is time to move on to something else with more opportunities.
Pros
Very generous Paid Time Off
Cons
Healthcare packages are not the best
Fast paced environment. Great group of people.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJanuary 11, 2017
Worked with an excellent client brand. Delivering an outstanding customer service experience was the number one goal. The hardest part of the job was balancing the priorities and staying focused on developing skill on my team. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing new people come into the company and develop the skill and confidence to taste success. Co workers - a great group of teammates.
Amazing People, Great Company
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJanuary 10, 2017
I interned over the summer at West, and I can't say enough about how fantastic the people there were. From the CEO to the directors, to the people on the sales floor, everyone I interacted with was friendly and helpful.

We worked in sales during the internship, and I quickly learned that sales just wasn't a career path for me. However everyone there made it much easier for me, even when I got frustrated.

Doesn't hurt that they took us out on a sailboat twice throughout the internship!
It was a fun work place, I got to work with great people and great supervisors.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2017
I really looked forward working at West, I have learned to work with great customer service and computer skills. The management was very helpful they were always there if you need any help. The hardest part of the job was handling with customers who had no patience. The enjoyable part was helping customers and achieving their needs.
Pros
free prizes
Cons
short breaks
West
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 9, 2017
Went in to take calls and sell services for their client. Upsell products and items to customers. Run credit checks for new service or new customers.
Pros
Loved the people I worked with, felt like my second family.
Cons
They started to make the goals harder to achieve and requirements to bonus hard to accomplish.
Diverse workplace
Care/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 9, 2017
Diverse workplace with chances of advancement. They were understanding of class schedules and worked with me as best as they could.
West
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 9, 2017
I started to work at West in 2010 and it is a great place to work. I have been here for almost 7 years. Co-workers are great. Hardest part is calling leads each and every day, most enjoyable is the bonus you have the potential of earning. I have learned many things from this job and have trained others as well since my employment here. I have learned how to manage my calls better each day to become more successful.
Pros
Great PTO offered
Cons
difficult to advance
Sales
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHJanuary 6, 2017
They are no longer open and it was a horrible place to work. At&t customer service and tech support all inbound calls. Poor training and difficult systems to use.
Would not recommend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 6, 2017
I had an in person interview where I was offered the job on the spot and also did new hire paperwork right after. Also, I went through a background check and drove straight from my interview to do my drug testing. I call the building a week before my start date to confirm employment as I hadn't heard anything. I was told everything was perfect and she wouldn't email me my itinerary 3 or 4 days beforehand. 3 days before I was to start they called me to say that the classes had been cancelled and there wouldn't be any starting for a while. A friend was also on the same program and got the same call. She also quit her current job to start at West. Now we are both out of jobs with families to support as we both put in our respective 2 week notices with our current positions at the time. Very disappointing.
Cons
Unprofessional
nice place
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 6, 2017
Just over all nice place to go to and the employees were great and some the staff were excellent.We had different things to do.
a fun atmosphere with people who love there job
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 6, 2017
a typical day at work would be working with people pver the phone answering needs of customers
a field where you can move up
amazing co workers
the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people out
theirs an amazing open door policy that you can bring any problem to your manger
love this place
Love working for them
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 5, 2017
Love working for them. They are a family owned outfit. They treat all of their employees all like family. They are very caring and compassionate.
Overall Experiance
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Answer calls for Diminon Gas Company, call rep.

Accomplishments
Learned quality , have 6 months of experience , learned how to explain billing accounts .

Skills Used
Typing , quality , answering calls the proper way .
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
nice places to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 5, 2017
I answer phone calls and took order for many products advertised over the phone also help track down products while also listing to complaints. I also teach training classes and montered calls in a manger postion
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
managers need to be out spoken
Did not like the Job
Outbound Sale Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2017
I did not enjoyed calling people at home to sell something. I felt like a robot reading script over and over every day. This is a kind of job if you really need money soon but was not for me.
Not a pleasant environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 5, 2017
Answering up to 75 calls per day and making sure that I provided excellent customer service to the clients. Notating accounts and even took payments over the phone for Cingular Wireless.
West Corp
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 4, 2017
West is very family-oriented, had very good pay, however I would say that there seemed to be a lot of favoritism amongst the managers. There was a good amount of advancement opportunities, though.
Pros
Good advancement opportunities
Cons
Favoritism.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9