West Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,968 reviews matching the search
Customer Account Representative
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 23, 2016
• Ensured that all customers' needs were met through a needs based conversation.
• Help customers with ordering and refilling patient’s prescriptions and providing coverage information for prescription insurance.
• Collected payments, making sure that each customer is satisfied and every need is met by the end if every call.
• Meeting quality goals weekly and resolving patient issues on a daily basis.
• Reason for Leaving: Relocated to Hawaii.
productive but stressful at times
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 3, 2016
A typical day at West was all over the place. You never knew how your day was going to go since it's a call center and it could go from good to bad then back to good in a matter of minutes. I learned what a call center environment is like. My manager was very distant and barely had time to communicate with the workers. My co-workers were all polite. The hardest past of this job was getting used to the customers that called in and were rude. The most enjoyable part of this job is that they would have vendors come in for our lunches.
West Telemarketing is a high volume call center with many incoming customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San AntonioJune 23, 2016
High demand job with little compensation. The day was busy from start to ending My co-workers were friendly on the most part. The hardest part of the job was seeing all customers' needs and wants. The most enjoyable was meeting different people.
Pros
Many different people to work with.
Cons
High volume with limited staffing.
The worst company in the world
Membership Consultant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 14, 2016
This company is very bootleg. They will not pay you what the promise to pay you during the interview. I was apart of the amex dept, which was a BIG CON. They want you to talk to BUSINESS owner trying to convince them to keep cards open that they know themselves they don't need. Bonus? what a joke. you have to jump through hoops in order to receive it. I can go on and on about this company and how bootleg and ancient they are but if you waste your time and work here you'll see for your self. DONT BOTHER.. you'll thank me later.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Customer Service Rep
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 28, 2016
Typical day was answering call from customer. The most enjoyable part of the job was you can change your schedule at any time. I learned to trouble shoot a phone to get it to working. Then the company want to cable this was a call center. Took payments, activate boxes and trouble shoot boxes to get them to working if there was no outages.
Pros
pay, hours, and lunch
Cons
Point system
Fun Atmosphere
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 20, 2016
At West I would make outbound sales calls to existing ATT cell phone owners with new promotions and plans they could switch to. I really liked that I worked independently, but if I had questions I could go to any of my co-workers or manager for help. The hardest part of this job was working with so many different systems, however if I wasn't sure of something it was easy to talk to my co-workers to help me out.
Work environment depends wholly on department.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 6, 2016
West as a company as a whole is great. They treat they employees with great respect. Each department is run independently and each has their own set of regulation based on the contract with the client. This contract will determine how your work environment will be. This is all I can say. West does it;s best to find a place where you will fit int.
Pros
Open door policy
Cons
Strict work schedule
Decent pay - management needs work
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 5, 2016
This is a great company to work for if you don't want to move up in the company. The management plays favorites and picks who they want to move up in the company.
The pay is decent and the program I worked on offered monthly bonuses, however the requirement for the bonuses changed frequently.
They are willing to work with you if you have appointments.
Pros
bonus
Cons
hard to move up in compnay
Ex Employee
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHMay 12, 2016
I was only there for a month in 2008. I was getting paid $8.00 an hour. Chump change. It was a depressing point in my life. I lost my job at Delphi when I was at $26.00 per hour so I saw a $18.00 per hour cut in pay. For all of the stuff that I would've had to learn in that classroom at West, the pay wasn't worth it. I'm glad I'm out of there.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Chump change pay, revolving door employer
Working with west
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  1015 Belvidere St, El Paso, TX 79912February 29, 2016
This job was fairly easy and paid well your co workers are like a team with u thru training all the way till get out of training and then from there u stick together to help each other out on your weak points. good lunch breaks and as much over time you can work.

from time to time management or worker above you choose not to help you but not all of them are like this. the most enjoyable part was the training.
Pros
over time, good pay, breaks
Cons
management some time choosing not to help you, sitting for hours
My Best Work Experience So Far
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2016
This work environment is relaxed yet professional, with a sound structure, room for advancement, and ample job opportunities an programs. The compensation was not only generous for the position, the company also has many incentive programs that differ depending on the project you are placed in; The particular project I was on also included health,dental,vision and 401k benefits. Overall, The staff is friendly , the company runs efficiently, and the atmosphere is upbeat and welcoming.
The most important part of working for West Corp was the people
Waste Management Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 12, 2016
I give them a high rating not for the pay or how strict management was but how great the people were that worked for West. The best part about that job was working with the people
Pros
Working with the people
Cons
Very strict in terms of giving breaks and low pay
Experience
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 29, 2016
Working for West Corporation was very different but enjoyable. I worked for the bilingual line for Bank of America. I processed credit card and loan applications. This job showed me how to meet a certain quota and to keep it. I loved everyone who worked there.
Pros
meeting people and having new learning experiences
Rewarding and productive very fast paced enjoyble
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 21, 2016
Very rewarding company to work for. When I began it involved reading scripts on the computer and processing orders for products seen on television. I was promoted to FEMA which involved helping people receive compensation for their losses due to hurricane Katrina...
okay
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 2, 2016
Ability to carry out instructions effectively
• Track record of working in extreme weather conditions
• Proven ability to work independently
• Vigilant and keen observer
• Demonstrated ability to assess suspicious individuals/situations and respond appropriately
• Outstanding communication skills
ok Place to work great starter Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 3, 2016
Information technology opportunities at West span the breadth of careers in telecommunication. Not only do we provide award-winning, multi-channel communication solutions to well-known companies in the tech, retail, healthcare, utilities and education industries – we also own and operate the advanced global infrastructure that operates our products. As we continue to expand and evolve our technological capabilities, each step forward requires the dedicated teamwork of talented, passionate and inventive thinkers. You can expect to be part of a team that encourages experimentation and strives to be the definitive leader in next-generation communications technology.
They hire and fire rather quickly as they do not care about their employees at all.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXMarch 16, 2016
This place is like a prison to work in. They cn't wait to fire people as they hire too fast and don't care if the employee uses any brains. All they want is a parrot. They do not encourage any out of the box thinking.
Pros
Easy training
Cons
too free with their firing
Ups and downs
CSR/Production Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 3, 2016
Typical call center environment, allows you the opportunity to learn new tasks, covered the cost to attend school for licensing and allowed chance to study so focus could be targeted at passing the exam.
Pros
tip incentives, contests, open door policy
Cons
costly healthcare, change in management
Business Solution Architect Lead
Business Solution Architect Lead (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 21, 2016
worked 12 hour days, it's a good old boy culture. If you are any way capable of surpassing your manager you will be fired or laid off.
management will bewilder you down.
My advice, never work there.
it's a very high turn over rate.
Pros
parking garage
Cons
everything else
Lack of management
Seniors Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 13, 2016
Lack of communication with all levels of management they do not value their employees that are their for tenure they find ways to cut bonus and tenure bonus from employees. The hours are great and they do have a flex schedule in which keeps me staying with the company and my co workers are amazing. Management is horrible
Pros
flex hours
Cons
lack of management communication