West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,305 reviews matching the search
Interesting work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 21, 2017
As an at home call center I got to pick my own hours. I was involved in several different jobs that took calls for many different companies and customers.
lots of overtime
Inbound Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 19, 2017
good company they worked with me when my dad had a heart attack and were very understanding. like I mentioned before lots of overtime really liked that
Meeting new people everyday.
CUSTOMER SALES REPRESENETIVE (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 19, 2017
This is one call center I will always remember. The energy is always so positive. The people here care about their customers as well as their employees. I loved this job.
Upsell, Upsell, and Upsell!
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 19, 2017
Great experience taking calls from clients, and helping them with receiving products desired. There are dedicated lines , and lots of different products to inform callers about. Mostly Inbound NO COLD CALLING.
Pros
You can pick up extra hours at the SPECTRUM increasing your salary.
Cons
When business is slow they come up to your work station and cut off your phone, You go home or stay until the next hours start up that day, Also Dress Code is Bonkers, There are days there Dress Casual, but it may cut off during your shift, You must change into dress shirt, pants and shoes, It gets very old
It was horrible
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 18, 2017
I didn't like the company nor the management I don't have anything else to say about this horrible company and I don't like to be forced to do a survey about a job I hate
Fast paced
Bilingual Performance Assessment Liaison (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 18, 2017
On a daily basis I spoke to any number of agents and potential customers about their needs regarding products they were interested in purchasing. I coached agents on Sales procedures to meet and exceed client and company goals.
Very pleasant people to work with and it was fun.
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 18, 2017
To make myself clear. I did buy a pro team pack pack vacuum cleaner with my supervisors permission. The seem to be a problem with keeping uprights in good repair. The also had back packs but mine was designed with my back in mind.
west telemarketing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 17, 2017
professional environmeNT many oportunties, lunch breaks, timeley schedueling tellephone and data entry, book keeping time management sales and language coordination
Fast Paced and client oriented work place
Video Conferencing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Valley, ALMay 16, 2017
A typical day consisted of me managing employees, completing customer follow up, preparing internal reports and reporting for customers, ordering and maintaining office supplies. What I enjoyed the most about my job is helping my employees and customers.
Pros
Working to resolve internal and customer issues
Cons
Never enough time to complete tasks
Good Job
Inbound Phone Sales (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 16, 2017
There are many different companies that use this company as a call center for customer service, sales and other types of jobs. It's a great job if you like to have some change.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Job security isn't always there.
Fast Paced Call Center
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 16, 2017
I started out handling inbound calls providing customers with assistance on their accounts. I learned to multi task by using the computer, navigate multiple systems, and talk and type simultaneously. I had the opportunity to advance my career to several different positions and chose to be a Subject Matter Expert. In this position, I assisted reps with escalated calls, educated reps on new policies/procedures, and worked closely with the management team. I had the opportunity to trade hours conveniently from home and work a tour that best benefited my home life. There were opportunities to pick up overtime.
Pros
Decent work schedule
Cons
High Turnover rate
Good job to get into the workforce
American Express - Commercial Activation/ Mega (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 15, 2017
West is a great stepping stone to other opportunities. Will help you build the skills you will need as you advance in your career choice. In my opinion not a forever home when it comes to employment.
Production
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 15, 2017
I answered phone and processed incoming orders. I assisted customers who had related problems with orders. I resolved customers complaints in reference to incomplete orders. I offered suggestive sales of other products. Management was not as knowledgeable or familiar with new products as i would prefer them to be.The enjoyable part was resolving the complaints the customers had to their satisfaction.
Pros
I was able to set my own schedule.
Cons
Impossible to take time off.
typical call center
Customer service Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 15, 2017
Clean work place
short lunches
management is on task
customer service based
Phone queue for all departments
sales/ product promotions
friendly staff and co-workers
Pros
friendly staff and co-workers
Cons
short lunch
high turnover for a reason
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 14, 2017
My managers termed people they didn't like, until they fired so many people they started calling people to be rehired. Never dealing with that ever again
Productive and fun place.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 12, 2017
This was a prfessional enviorment to work in. Hours were very flexible. You could work as many or as little hours as want. Supervisors were readily and able to help with intense situations.
Fast paced and challenging
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAMay 11, 2017
Fast paced & you learn to multi-task quickly. You learn to embrace speed & change due to the nature of the job. Training others is a great experience
Pros
The job is Monday-Friday, giving me time to spend time with my family on the weekends.
Cons
It can be stressful at times due to the nature of the business
call center
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 11, 2017
another example of a typical call center environment. nothing really much to say. cant really remember much about the company since it was many years ago
Review of West
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 10, 2017
I enjoyed assisting the scutomers. That was the best part because most were elderly. We worked in a large bank of cubicles, so I enjoyed interacting with my coworkers. It was a 9 to 5 Monday through Friday so I like the fact that we had speciffic hours so I could plan the tasks I had to do in a personal life.
Pros
Interaction with coworkers and customers
Cons
Management was not good, The company closed without notifying the employees
horrible
Clinical Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 9, 2017
this is the worst place you can work, my advise is to seek employemt else where. The management dosent care about their employees. I didnt work there long because of a person named Megatron. she is horrible and a huge micro manager. Anything you do to this person will not satisfy her.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9