West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,439 reviews matching the search
I worked here for two years and really enjoyed it.
Customer sales rep (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIAugust 17, 2017
The typical day here was sometimes stressful but if you were doing what you were supposed to do you could make a lot of money. Management was not the greatest but they tried to do what they could to help. I made a very good living while working here.
fast pace
Telecommerce (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 17, 2017
Great job with great flexibility. Able to get extra hours in if missed work. Great competitiveness with commission sales. This job was high paced, high call volume.
Pros
great hours
Cons
no insurance benefits
Review
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 17, 2017
Excellent manager that cared about the staff. Ensured growth and pushed me to my limits - which was fine with me. Manager ensured that goals were set and met.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 16, 2017
A very competitive place to work. The atmosphere was great along with the co workers. everyone got along and helped each other if the need A. I enjoyed the unlimited overtime as I WOULD WORK PAST MY shift with no hesitation as I could make all the hours that I wanted.
Pros
good money
Cons
bugs would bite in the summer time
Flexible
Customer Service Representative WAH (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2017
Flexible hours, decent pay, great work/life balance. Lots of different projects to work depending on skills so you wont get bored doing the same thing which is great.
Fun working on the phone
Virtual Data Entry Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 15, 2017
Loved it when call volume was high. Great working at home. Always got my check in the mail every Friday. Hardest part was when the computer system was down, was not many times it happened.
Pros
extra hours
Cons
slow days
Good Marketing Firm
Quality Specialist and Human Resource Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 15, 2017
Worked for cricket cell phones and got a great discount on service. Work was simplified through systems and had good opportunity for advancement and good support from leadership.
Need more pay
Reservations (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAAugust 14, 2017
They need to pay management level more. They do a lot for such a low pay. They work so many jobs, do a lot of tasks, but they do not even get the fair pay for all they do.
Work from Home
Customer Service Rep, CSR (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 14, 2017
It's great for part time work but you can't depend on the income to make a living. They do train you but it's not enough, if you have a problem and need assistance, it is hard to get help in a timely manner. It's great to work in your PJ's though.
Home based company
At home Customer Service Rep, Full Time (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 13, 2017
This job was very rewarding in the manner that I could work from home and 'go to work' in my pajamas. I enjoyed being able to pick all my hours while still being able to work for multiple companies.
Pros
Work from home, pick your own hours, give hours away to coworkers
Cons
not enough hours during down season
Not terrible
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 10, 2017
Not the worst job I've had but not the greatest. Was able to choose my own schedule for the most part. High turn over. No real advancement opportunities because they don't do assessments required in the time frame you're told so you cannot get certified to advance. Overnight shifts for US Bank were very laid back and for the most part the direct management isn't bad most were fun. Pay was not near enough for the work done when call volume is high.
Stressful job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 10, 2017
The customers are great but the staff is horrible. They have no way of being polite to the employees and they just place you on the floor without proper training.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Working as a customer service rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 10, 2017
Working at West Corporation was challenging some days, but for the most part i enjoyed it. This job helped me to gain more patience and understanding for others.
Great place
Provide extraordinary customer service (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 10, 2017
Over all id say its a great place to work. We were treated quite well and it was a rather competitive atmosphere. As some of the more competitive individuals progress upwards in the company it was still a relaxed place to work.
Pros
Discounts, pto, flexible hours
Cons
Mentally demanding, required to maintain a high level of profesionalism
Official response from West Corporation
August 16, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on West as a current employee. We often hear from our employees that they love the generous paid time off and flexible schedules which allow time to enjoy life outside of work. We appreciate your service to the organization!

stressful fun call center
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 8, 2017
a typical day consisted of getting calls from the northern states from unsatisfied fussy rude customers. your calls are graded by foreigners. the upper management was horrible. the local on the floor management was excellent and the coworkers were fun. enjoyed working with my peers. the calls are constant nagging was stressful. you can work as much as you want with unlimited overtime
Pros
nagging stressful call
Cons
overtime, yearly pto, coworkers
awful
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 8, 2017
awful place to work. demanding call center. underpaid and long days on night shift. training is not good and expectations are unrealistic and grown adults have to raise their hand to go to bathroom. short breaks and lunch breaks,
Pros
its a job
Cons
work environment
Great learning environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHAugust 8, 2017
This company teaches its employees every skill one needs to know when it comes to working with customers and solving problem skills. The company is well managed. Co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was maintaining lengths of phone calls when resolving certain customer complaints.
Pros
Frequent breaks. Enjoyable work place
Cons
No benefits.
great job
Telemarketer/ Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 8, 2017
It was a great job. worked at a fast pace. Lots of great people to meet and work with. No pressure on how fast or slow you worked. The faster you worked the more money you made.
Pros
Great job all around
Healthy Food choices in kitchen, coworkers were fun
CSS (Customer Support Services) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 7, 2017
This job was extremely challenging and even difficult at times processing business orders for AT&T. But the team we had with our coworkers, we had a great sense of team work and worked well together to get our jobs done. Through frustration and challenges we were able to laugh, make jokes, and help each other out. I learned probably more than I ever wanted to about fiber and different types of internet service as well and phones. My manager was AMAZING! And his boss too. This was probably one of my favorite jobs ever!
Pros
Nice choices in kitchen, supportive management, great coworkers
Cons
Our positions were closed out and moved to the Phillipines by AT&T
My day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 7, 2017
My day at work with the west was enjoyable I enjoyed staff and customers but not the policy that seemed to be against personnel making money many times it was seemingly hard to make any money because of the way they wanted business to be conducted.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9