West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,009 reviews matching the search
Unprfessional Call Center
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 2, 2016
I was not happy with this company because of the management and the lack of knowledge they had with the job inside the call center that we had. We had no one to ask if we needed help. It was all individual hands on learning. This could definitely be the reason why the branch I was working in shut down. There was an upside to the job and that was helping customers with their questions and technical problems with the banking mobile app. It's always nice to end a phone call with a customer satisfied.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Fun place to work and learn great skills.
Sales, customer service, and troubleshooting (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 21, 2016
My job there really pulled greatness out of me. I enjoyed learning sales call skills along my peers. The hardest part of my job was the constant change that caused an unsettling feeling. The most enjoyable part of the job was challenge I was faced when making cold calls. My typical day consisted of =making outbound cold calls to sway customers to change to AT&T phone service.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks
Productive, energetic, positive atmosphere
CSR (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 13, 2016
Fellow employees are entergetic positive, learnedto acess client accounts, make payments using software system provided, didn't have much help on the floor, but learned technical support techniques and bettered my customer service rapport. The hardest part was keeping the customers happy. the most enjoyable part was working hard to keep the customers happy.
Pros
the pay
Cons
to quick in training, rushed onto floor without floor help
The particular job I had was affiliated with AT&T, which I had working knowledge of.
CSS-CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 12, 2016
While I had more structured hours at West, my job responsibilities changed 5 times within a two year time span. The job was considered "contract work", and was subject to be closed at any given time. I left the company to try and find something that was not a temporary fix.
Pros
Steady hours.
Cons
Poor management, for the most part, and too many job function changes.
West Corporation
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 21, 2016
Incoming calls coming in with customers that had contracts with T-mobile and needed their phone troulbeshoot. I also took customers payments with credit card payments. Processed the payments in the system. Typed customers cell phone issues while talking to the customer and pulling up different screens to assist them. The customers were friendly and outgoing.
Pros
The breaks were 1 hour
Cons
the calls were back to back not time in between after you got off of one call
Not a good place to work
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILSeptember 14, 2016
The company has poor quality management. Training is very rushed for the expectations of management when you hit the floor is too high from the beginning. Management is not supportive of the staff at all, and there is a lot of covering from management and corporate when they mess up and are at fault. Just not a positive environment to work in with the high school mentality.
fun work place
DirecTV/Sales/Outbound (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78249July 8, 2016
This is somewhere where it is hard to be recognized for your work, the pay is ok but sometimes not enough for what the expectations are. The management is fair at times but at times its like there unsure of there jobs themselves. Some do not set a great example of leadership and some are there to play, it all depends on which department you work for. I have done different jobs so it can be anything.
Pros
overtime
Cons
pay
Stressed enviroment
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 11, 2016
Hired to work here, and am still currently employed. The job is hard work and very stressful. Everyone is constantly graded on their call quality, as well as other factors. The job is full of double standards and full of people who abuse their breaks and dont get into trouble for it. Dont get the bonsues that are promised as well.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, lied about bonus
Energetic fun fast pace work environment
Administrative Assistant, Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 26, 2016
My typical day at work included meeting and greeting employees to ensure a positive attitude is carried throughout the day. Throughout the day I would monitor, motivate, and develop all employees to ensure noticeable permanent improvement. In addition, I would complete administrative duties.
customer service at its best
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 15, 2016
I loved this job. A typical day at work is answering 300+ calls a day. What I've learned from this job is to think on my feet and handle situation fast and calm while keeping the customer happy. Management was outstanding. No hard part of the day. Most enjoyable part of the day is passing all my phone test
Pros
fun atmosphere
benefits
West Telemarketing is a high volume call center with many incoming customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San AntonioJune 23, 2016
High demand job with little compensation. The day was busy from start to ending My co-workers were friendly on the most part. The hardest part of the job was seeing all customers' needs and wants. The most enjoyable was meeting different people.
Pros
Many different people to work with.
Cons
High volume with limited staffing.
I hated it there.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 22, 2016
After training and your on the floor answering calls you help AT&T customers with and phone issues they are having. I didn't learn very much at this job. It was a very stressful job and it made it harder to concentrate. Management isn't there to help you if you are struggling or if you need help. They are very hands off. Co-workers were very rude to new people. So I only made a few friends while in training. The hardest part of my job was keeping my calls short and to the point. I had a very hard time keeping my time under whatever bar they set for you. The times would go on longer and longer depending on the phones issue. I didn't like working here but it was a job at the time. The environment is not fun or happy go lucky. It was nothing but stress and always worrying about losing your job if you didn't do good on your times.
Cons
no benefits, stressful, not a nice place to work
Excellent Schedule
Business Support Specialist Full-Time (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 6, 2016
Excellent place to work at if you are needing a flexible schedule and an understanding group of co workers. Willing to work around school schedules and family. Learn on your own and as you go type of job. Definitely a job for a self sufficient individual who can work independently and ask minimal questions.
Work place is fun-depending on the team you are with.
Performance Assessment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 5, 2016
The first 2 years of employment were pretty fun and awesome-the program I am on currently is experiencing many changes-with these changes, comes stress. The ineffectiveness of management to handle the added/new stress has trickled down to each associate-in a very negative manner.
Customer Account Representative
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 23, 2016
• Ensured that all customers' needs were met through a needs based conversation.
• Help customers with ordering and refilling patient’s prescriptions and providing coverage information for prescription insurance.
• Collected payments, making sure that each customer is satisfied and every need is met by the end if every call.
• Meeting quality goals weekly and resolving patient issues on a daily basis.
• Reason for Leaving: Relocated to Hawaii.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 28, 2016
Typical day was answering call from customer. The most enjoyable part of the job was you can change your schedule at any time. I learned to trouble shoot a phone to get it to working. Then the company want to cable this was a call center. Took payments, activate boxes and trouble shoot boxes to get them to working if there was no outages.
Pros
pay, hours, and lunch
Cons
Point system
my first job ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WASeptember 15, 2016
It was my first job and i liked it. Fast paced and very lively. The only thing annoying was the disrespectful customers at time. Being cursed at isn't full but i guess it comes with the job. The facility was pretty nasty though especially the break room.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
nasty break room
productive but stressful at times
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 3, 2016
A typical day at West was all over the place. You never knew how your day was going to go since it's a call center and it could go from good to bad then back to good in a matter of minutes. I learned what a call center environment is like. My manager was very distant and barely had time to communicate with the workers. My co-workers were all polite. The hardest past of this job was getting used to the customers that called in and were rude. The most enjoyable part of this job is that they would have vendors come in for our lunches.
Scattered
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2016
Company was unprofessional and unorganized also hard to move up in the company over good company for a college student and a stop and go job for anyone since you could quit and still come back if 90 days had passed revolving door for rehire
Pros
discounts
Cons
steady change in line groups
Experience
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 29, 2016
Working for West Corporation was very different but enjoyable. I worked for the bilingual line for Bank of America. I processed credit card and loan applications. This job showed me how to meet a certain quota and to keep it. I loved everyone who worked there.
Pros
meeting people and having new learning experiences

2.9