West Corporation

West Corporation Employee Reviews

Human Resources
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Wausau, WIJuly 24, 2015
I loved working for West overall, there were aspects out of my department that I would prefer the company to change, such as compensation, raises, etc.
poor training
tax preparer (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 23, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: short breaks
west had poor training, therefore was very unhelpful towards their employees. The companys policies were always switched and the employees were notified at last minute which effected their work
Typical Call Center
Operations Team Supervisor (Current Employee), El Paso , TexasJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Pay with bonus
Cons: Merger with another company
Working for a third party has its challenges. The client was AT&T wireless. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with metrics that don't reflect reality and how customer score interactions. Also upper management who hasn't performed the job task and don't have a clear understanding on day to day task.
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Lunch break not long enough
Cons: Great health & dental care.
Great place to work for someone looking to increase their customer service skills. This is an inbound call center. As hard as the work may seem, its fairly easy work!
training weas fun
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 21, 2015
paid training was a lot fun and meet new people. the staff and other employees was welcoming with new hires. they train by your pace which was great
Fun place to meet lots of new people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Incentives
Cons: Poor job security
I enjoyed working for West Corporation. The challenge of meeting metrics was exciting. The only thing I did not like was the sense of security as quick as you are hired you can be fired.
Not a perminit job
Address Customer service inquiries (Former Employee), Universal City, TXJuly 15, 2015
Pros: ok money with flexiable hours
Cons: alot of upper management needs to change
West was a ok place to work for me when I was in my early 20s, things were never as promised, how ever that still didn't mean that what was promised wasn't going to happen it means that they just didn't happen as promised. Management was ok if you don't mind the favoritism game and you are really at work to work. My co-workers that I did develop a relationship with are life time friends so that was a huge plus to me. The jobs are pretty easy keep in mind there are diff. projects
Hard Working People dedicated to what they do
AT&T Account Services Team Manager (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 15, 2015
Pros: The Co-workers. Stability
Cons: Pay incentives. Cost of benefits.
The professional environment was an excellent introduction to the work force.
The people are very knowledgeable and dedicated to the work they do.
I received an extensive knowledge and understanding of telephony, IVRs, Voice dial programs and other industry related areas.
poor training
Mail services advocate (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 14, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: unprofessional training
the job training was very poor and the management was unprofessional. The work environment was also un professional. other than those disadvantages I enjoyed helping the customers
Great Place to work
Agent (Current Employee), Pensacola, FloridaJuly 13, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: takes two hours to get a lunch request
the typical day at work is answering telephone calls and getting cussed out by customers and not being able to calm them down and realizing that there is nothing we can do about it
ok
District Escalation Manager (Current Employee), OmahaJuly 12, 2015
West sold large portions of their departments to Alorica, now all being phased out and moved overseas.
Benefits worse.
No raises. When raises were given, was not balanced. Now those higher paid employees are being targeted and phased out. Replaced by oversea locations.
young enviorment with fun people
Technical Support, Dish Network Contractor (Former Employee), niles,ohioJuly 11, 2015
Pros: young people made it a fun work place
Cons: advancement
troubleshooting for customers,techincal side of satellite dishes,young managers,fun coworkers a lot of young people,dealing with irate customers,the enviorment was most enjoyable
Loved the fun atmosphere and flexible hours afforded via Spectrum
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee), New Market, ALJuly 10, 2015
Pros: hour incentive programs and other incentives
Cons: sometimes incentives programs seem to have unreasonable goals and expectations
I loved the atmosphere at West and flexibility to work certain hours and post hours. The people are great!!!
West is a great place to great and seem to care about people
Invaluable experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NebraskaJuly 10, 2015
Good experience even though it was short. Had a good time learning how to respond to customers on the phone and treat people with respect at all times,
A helping hand
Customer Service Advocate I (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Setting all day
Cons: Lots of notes
Learning how to work under pressure. being able to keep customers happy and interact with them while searching for the information that they need to move forward.
Stressful Job
Customer Care/Service (Current Employee), Warren, OHJuly 8, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: everything about this job
Everyday at this position changes. It feels like a new job everyday meaning one day you're told to do things one way and it changes.
Since I have been there I have been very stressed and depressed. I have lost confidence in this job. I have a lot to give and I give 100% but it is never good enough. The medical benefits are not even worth paying for.Terrible coverage, No major medical. When you take a restroom break, you have to subtract the time from your scheduled breaks.
Poor job stability/ high over turn
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 7, 2015
Cons: short 10 min. breaks, restroom needs and 30 minutes of lunch
Busy answering incoming calls for rx scripts, assisting pharmacies with processing information, denials of claims, copays and overrides. Not being able to assist all the needs of incoming calls due to plan limitations is the hardest part of job. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist clients in need of service.
Good people, slightly deceptive recruiting, difficult to advance, good entry level pay.
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee), WisconsinJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Fun people, decent benefits, okay work life balance
Cons: Short lunches, incremental raises rare, micromanagement, company doesn't like clients with "grey area." Vision for relationships with clients is too rigid
A typical day at work in healthcare is primarily outbound sales calls. The amount you need to make is dependent on contractual obligation. If you are a new hire, where you end up within the company, where you end up is the luck of the draw.

I learned that advancement is extremely difficult if you are someone who likes to think outside the box of what West likes to sell their clients on. If you have read "The Challenger's Sale" and like what the book projects, you might like it there. You will hear a lot about the very canned sales process that they like to use. Also, don't get too comfortable on whatever contract you're on if you work in the healthcare division. West is a contractor, the customers come and go.

Management: Hereagain, luck of the draw. I've had mostly good ones but you could very easily end up under a micro-manager.

In my experience, coworkers are overall great. There can be a slight hint of high school drama and gossip, but that comes with any office environment.

The hardest part of the job (from the perspective of a sales agent) is having to adhere to things that you feel may be antiquated, feel could be improved or do not feel that they apply to what you are doing at all. Again, as "open to new ventures" as West says they are, there are very specific processes that they want to stick to in selling their services to a potential client.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and if you are someone who likes to soak up healthcare industry knowledge, that's a perk too.
Not a bad place to work for when they were West. Feel like I could of had better training before taking calls
seasonal employment Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Learned good phone manners
Cons: hard to get a supervisors' attention
Typical day of work answer calls about dinning gift cards. Also answered questions about travel cards. What I learned was how to be polite to people on the other end of a phone call as I have been there. Managment was average. Co-workers were an mixed of all types. Hardest part of job was dealing with callers who could not be helped with thre call. Most enjoyable part of job was how diffrent each call was.
great starter career
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 6, 2015
west corp provides a great professional environment. They have strict general requirements that prepares young professionals with discipline in the work field.

1 2 3 4 5

About West Corporation

Enterprise technology, by definition, faces the constant challenges of complexity and obsolescence. At West, we are dedicated – Read more

West Corporation Salaries

$22,000 per year
Technical Support
$11.00 per hour

West Corporation Photos

Everywhere you turn at West, there is an opportunity to be had.
West Corporate Logo