West Corporation

West Corporation Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
AT&T wireless Area Account Manager (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJuly 3, 2015
west corp is one of the best place to work at. this is a fun place to work while still being professional. nice nice nice. great work ethics with great people
fun, great experience
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 3, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: healthcare;benefits;advancement
taking inbound calls for at&t customers. opening and activation phones, troubleshooting phone technical issues. provided excellent cusotmer service for prepaid at&t customers
Great place to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 2, 2015
Managing over 300 agents to make sure that they were meeting productivity and direct measures of quality that were established by clients. I learned a great wealth of knowledge working for this company. I have great communication and administration skills. I learned basically how to run a telemarketing company. The hardest part of the job was when I had to terminate agents for misconduct. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people.
Very laid back, and fun place to work
Account Service Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 2, 2015
I was an account manager there and I over looked and maintained the technical side of their circuits. My co-workers and I worked side by side to always help the customer out and make sure that customer was back up and running in a timely matter. The hardest part of the job was when the call center closed we had to turn the ticket over to a another call center and there was nothing we could do even if the customer site was still down. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the customer was back up and running and they were so happy.
Was not the easiest place to work for.
PayFlex Agent (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Working at home.
Cons: It took a long time to get answer when you needed them.
A typical day was to log in the computer system and get ready is answer calls from clients that had the PayFlex plan. I learned that PayFlex is not as good as it seems. The management was not that easy to get ahold of when needed. The co-workers tried to help each other out, but it was difficult to communicate to each other. The hardest part of the job was trying to get answers for the people that were supposed to be there to help. The most enjoyable part was that I did not have to drive anywhere to work.
Customer Service Specialist - Customer care (Former Employee), omaha, neJuly 1, 2015
Awesome place to work. They kept me busy at all time in which I enjoyed the most. They were able to keep the employees engaged.
After Alorica bought company it all went downhill
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: 30 minute lunches, managers were made to be more strict, company changed
I would come in, log in to computers, explained all health related claims, benefits, and as well as explaining company.
The managers at first were great, very flexible, very understanding, and willing to teach, after Alorica took over, everything including hours changes went downhill.
Ended up leaving after changing my hours 3 times in a 2 week period and not staying stable.
The co-workers were AMAZING and the main reason I stayed for as long as I did. They were the best and most helpful part of the job.
very busy
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Pensacola FlJune 20, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: short breaks
It was a very busy buisness with to many supervisors. I learned very fast and was usually in the top ten of my group. I was number 1 in my training class. Management was awesome co workers come and go so fast that you dont really get to know anyone. I loved answering phones it was pretty easy to learn,
no communication
Pharmaceutical Research Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 18, 2015
Pros: camaraderie between co-workers
Cons: no clear communication
Operating several systems to provide excellent customer service in a timely manner, taught me both to be efficient and precise, as well as to rely on my resources.

Hardest part was no real management nor support, which caused in gap of expectations.
The best was when a customer was able to receive all the answers and hung up satisfied.
continual education
Licensed Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Valley, WAJune 18, 2015
I would enroll participants into health plans, either in open enrollment or if they had a special election period which allowed them to enroll at that specific time. I also discussed the benefits of the health plan, what it did or did not cover, we looed up their doctors and hospitals to make sure they were in or out of the medical network, also routed calls to the proper departments, I also worked with the ACA ( affordable care act) plans for individuals under the age of 65, enrolling them into polices, canceling and changing polices, and going over their benefits, sometimes we helped with billing issues depending on the issue.
west was horrible
AT&T Technical Support/Commitment Team (Former Employee), niles, ohioJune 15, 2015
west horrible for many reasons. the management was constantly changing things. constantly nit picking you for every little thing you did wrong and not telling you how to fix it. also too many people were on the management staff that didn't know what they were doing.
Temporary Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 13, 2015
Good to be a temporary job, need some work on management and projects, company should really select carefully their employees and strictly follow dress code and rules .
fast paced
Data entry (Former Employee), universal cityJune 13, 2015
Fast paced and productive all day everyday. Management friendly. Many diverse and friendly co-workers. system was easy to use.
Excellent
Customer Service Receptionist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 12, 2015
This position was a welcome opportunity for growth. The flexibility of working with customer via the internet at home. West Corporation nationwide television advertisement link their customer's to my home office center to handled their request for products.
Fun enviroment, Games, free lunches
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 11, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, good enviroment, good pay and benefits, and overtime
Cons: Nothing
West was a good place to work for me. Everyone was friendly and it was always something fun and new to learn. You got to help upset people out to make them stay with Toys and Babies "R" Us. If we didn't have a lot of work you could do e-mails and still met your goal required. You didn't have to explain to anyone that you were leaving work because it showed when you were late, when you didn't come and when you left early. It was supervision but it wasn't bad. they didn't crowd over you as most customer service places do because it was easy and your answers to everything was in your customer company system.
west
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 10, 2015
Unfortunately, this company does not have a safe work environment, a lot of employees feel as though they don't exist. The YWCA has become one of the worst places to work at
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), San Antonio, TexasJune 10, 2015
One of the easiest jobs I have ever worked. Just answer phone calls and assist customers when they call and move on to the next thing.
Not a fan
Operations Trainer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 10, 2015
A typical work day was filled with stress. It seems as though the company was always pushing employees around when it came to statistics. They did not try to accommodate to some of the employees that had serious illnesses.
Burns you out.
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee), Wausau, WIJune 9, 2015
Pros: Steady hours, good rate of pay, bonuses, some great people
Cons: Doing the same thing over and over, trying to make people feel better rather than solving their problems, ridiculously formal culture for a call center
First of all, if you are thinking of working at West I would recommend looking at reviews for the location in your area, because West "farms" call centers to other companies, many of which are household names. Your experience is going to depend a lot on what company you are being farmed out to.

I've worked on the same group at the same location in a few different roles for a few years. The pay and benefits are above average for someone who didn't finish college in my city. The company offers bonuses but they can be challenging to get, on some programs the bonus is dependant on factors outside of your direct control.

I learned a lot of new skills and a lot of interesting information about the industry my group works in. A typical day consists of taking 50+ customer calls about a variety of products. The most frustrating part is that you often are not able to help customers with the things they need, and both West and the company we contract for are extremely inflexible. Basically, if some small thing is wrong, it's going to be wrong for months, possibly years. And you will continue to hear about it, including hearing people scream at you, cry, tell you sob stories, be snobby, etc. All day. Every day. My direct supervisors are all nice people, but either some of them are fake or they have no power over anything either.

This is a culture that expects positivity and a "can do" spirit in spite of actual facts, and that promotes the people who are most well liked. The company takes itself as seriously as if they were working for the NSA at times- very strict security regulations, – more... business casual dress code even though we are warned a week or more ahead of time if we will be visited by the people we contract through and no customers can see us (some of the sales people actually wear blazers and stuff on the regular! ick!), office space-esque efforts to make your job fun that remind you of being in High School, very limited sick/vacation time use even with a Doctor's note, breaks regulated to the minute, an employee stock purchase program, etc. We have high turnover and I just realized today that no one from the group that was here when I trained is still here, other than the managers. It's not a bad job, but if the company changed their culture a bit, they might find people less likely to burn out. – less
Long training hours
AT&T Tech Support Representative (Former Employee), Niles, OHJune 5, 2015
Constant multitasking on the computer and on the phone with customers. Learning new systems to service customers.Fast paced environment, most of the staff was friendly.

1 2 3 4 5

About West Corporation

Enterprise technology, by definition, faces the constant challenges of complexity and obsolescence. At West, we are dedicated – Read more

West Corporation Salaries

$11.00 per hour
Customer Service/Sales Representative
$10.00 per hour

West Corporation Photos

Everywhere you turn at West, there is an opportunity to be had.
West Corporate Logo