West Corporation

West Corporation Employer Reviews

Great company to work for.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Round Rock, TexasMarch 1, 2015
Pros: create your own schedule.
Cons: never enough hours. low pay.
I enjoyed working for WEST. I created my own schedule. I LOVED speaking with customers and solving their problems. I like picking up hours during Christmas and Valentines with other companies when help was needed.
Good place to start out
CARE/TECHNICAL ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: not too far away from home
Cons: short breaks, restrictive work environment
This is a good place for someone just getting into the work force. For those that have had other corporate positions, it may seem a little restrictive.
west corp was a great job but they closed down
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee), Hampton, VAFebruary 28, 2015
While i was working with West Corp my typical day was having a meeting with my employee that I supervised. making sure the sales and productivity is accurate..
Nice place to work
Production Specialist (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: friendly people, giveaways, monthly bonus earning potential
Cons: rude customers
There is a friendly atmosphere. The people there are nice. The customers can be rude and irate, however, that's typical when dealing with a call center.
Learned A Lot But Low Pay
Associate Account Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: low pay
Worked at West for 6 years. I left for a better work/life balance. Almost all positions are on some sort of on call.

Comp and benefits were the worst I ever had. West pays very low. Some positions in their Interactive department pay better but that comes at a price of more stress.

Advancement was so/so. Depends on what the employee wants to do but most jobs are very technical.

I had the best managers at West. Very caring and smart people. I had the worst manager at West also. He eventually was let go.

I felt the job culture was great. People were willing to teach you so much. It’s a very technical environment and I learned a lot.
Productive and fun workplace
Employee Relations Specialist (Current Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 26, 2015
I established a good working relationship with team members and department contacts. I shrived to improve the level of overall service being provided. I enjoyed working with my team.
Fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 24, 2015
I love the job great field to work in wouldnt change anything for the world about working with adults and children with behavior disabilities.
Advancement
Sales/Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Niles, OHFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: .
Cons: .
There is a lot of room to grow at West. I don't consider it a job, I look at it more like a career. You can develop as far as you want to in the company and advancement is always welcomed by all levels of management.
Productive, telecommunication
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 21, 2015
Take phone calls in reference to mail service. Place orders and take payments. Get rated on phone calls and performance.
A great place to work with great people
Lead Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 20, 2015
I have learned a lot from this place and the management is great the hardest part of that job is the material we have to work with and the easiest is the group of people we work around.
Work from home
Teleconference Coordinator (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXFebruary 20, 2015
I enjoyed working for the West Corp. because I was able to work from home and set my own hours. It was perfect for me when my son was younger.
Not a company I would recomend
Recovery Associate (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 19, 2015
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. When I was hired I was told they would work with my schedule which was not working passed 7pm. Well, the company constantly scheduled me til 9pm. Then when I put my 2 week notice in I was told I would get my PTO paid out to me. I was in a car accident so I had to extend my 2 week notice and they would not give me my PTO since I missed a day of work due to my accident (which I had a drs note for). Management at this location in Fredericksburg is horrible. You are just another employee to them. And they do not give raises to their employees.
Productive, Professional and overall FUNNNNN
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules, management, opportunities to move up
Cons: company was bought out by another one
A very fun place to work at. The agents make you feel like family. Management is very welcoming and helpful. COPM and the Site Director really work with you and help you as much as possible
west corporation
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 17, 2015
I like working at west it was a great place to work. The environment was great, the people was nice, and the company was very good to us.
HORRIBLE
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Beaumont TxFebruary 13, 2015
Worked in Beaumont Tx and they're very unorganized and unprofessional. Have a lot of favoritism and management being involved in mess going on at this location. Its bad enough that we have to deal with the angry customers but, the agents as well as supervisors being involved? Really bad environment! Wouldn't recommend to anyone.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: learning new things everyday
Cons: working 70 + hours a week
Typical day at work was coming in and answering phones all day. I learned the aspects of what benefits are and how to process a claim. Hardest part of the job was trying to be empathic to a provider that is very rude. Just smile through the phone is what you need to do.
Absolutely horrible
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee), Erie, PAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: no longer in business
Cons: everything else
This is the most terrible place I have ever worked in my life. The pay wasn't great for all I did, the employees were all on all kinds of different drugs. It was ran like a prison, and any place that you cry at the mere mention of even go there to work should probably close down. As this place did. About time.
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, okFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: being a hero
Cons: no room for growth
West is a company that is subcontracted to handle customer service by the highest bidding American Corporation. High call volume, small clientele yet big enough for supply and demand. Not a lot of clarity as to processes and procedures, terrible benefits, and no room for growth. I learned a lot about personality types and how to cope with any type. The most enjoyable part of the job is being someone's hero for the day by actually providing the customer with services needed.
Was like family
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: friendships, laughter, free siriusxm service
Cons: rejection after rejection, poor parking
As every job it has it's pro's and cons. The pro's with working with west was the amount of energy we all brought to work, was made to feel very comfortable and accepted and it seemed like we were just one big happy family. We worked on multiple programs daily as customers called in, we had pot lucks, out of work BBQ's and just really enjoyed being part of a team. The hardest part of the job would be rejection but I dont think it is just with the job itself it is in life no one wants to be rejected but you just learn to move past it and throw a smile on your face and remind yourself its ok.
Lack of management knowledge, untrustworthy and deceitful.
Aetna (Current Employee), TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management, limited o.t. hours.
I would not recommend working for this company at all other than just a quick job for some quick money. DEFINITELY NOT A CAREER MOVE! Let me give you some examples of what you may run into while working for West...

(1) Management: Always just gives you any answer instead of researching the issue, they do this to get you out their faces so they can go back to walking around not doing work throughout the day....Watch out for evening supervisors, their the worst cause call volume is usually slow after 5 and upper management goes home.

(2) Supervisors Personal Relationships With Employees: Theres so many people/sups in here who are having relationships with each other its ridiculous!..If you read the other reviews, they say "nobody that does good hard work is promoted, only the ones who are buddy buddy and who kiss butt and go to lunch and breaks with their supervisor/SME"

(3) They will tell you anything to get you in the door, once your out of training (Which is extremely strick for some projects) you will see that half the things you was told was a lie... Ex: If you work 40 hours your a full time employee with benefits...LIE!..They will hire you as a temp employee just so they don't have to give you benefits for as long as they want...Then they end the project unexpectedly. (Which they can do because their 3rd party, doesn't have same guidelines as regular companies)

The worse part for working for West is that their a 3rd party employer so you make half the money you can potentially make working for that company directly...Example. Aetna/West-$11 HR....Aetna Directly $13-16 HR.

1 2 3 4 5

About West Corporation

Spoken every day, in every way. To many of the top companies in nearly every industry, West provides the technology and customized – Read more

West Corporation Photos