West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,009 reviews matching the search
My Best Work Experience So Far
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2016
This work environment is relaxed yet professional, with a sound structure, room for advancement, and ample job opportunities an programs. The compensation was not only generous for the position, the company also has many incentive programs that differ depending on the project you are placed in; The particular project I was on also included health,dental,vision and 401k benefits. Overall, The staff is friendly , the company runs efficiently, and the atmosphere is upbeat and welcoming.
Total waste of time look elsewhere
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 1, 2016
Where to start. Management is shady can't trust them and they only promote their friends or the ones who suck up. I have seen them personally promote someone and everyone else was simply baffled. They don't like to promote anyone who could be a potential threat to any upper management position.

They fired people all the time. Quick and brutal. Client didn't like you, you are gone. Client takes business away, multiple firings. Seemed like there was always a fake attempt at redemption on your behalf but no one cared.

Breaks were a joke it was clocked at 10 minutes down to the micro second. Benefits were ok at least you could get medical.

They say they aren't a call center but it's a call center nothing more. Bonuses when I started were amazing but as they grew those became obsolete and hard to get. West feels $10-$12 an hour is a great competitive wage. You'll never get more than that, raises will never happen.

Work environment was awful, turn over was unbelievable. All in all I gave it a chance to be something but West failed. The Wausau WI branch had bed bugs, it's a dump. Management is a good ole boys club. Wouldn't trust them ever. I left, the best thing I did was quit. Way more money, better job, more fulfilling, better environment etc.

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE MUCH BETTER JOBS IN WAUSAU.
Pros
Cons
Many
AWESOME good pay and company considerate of employees
Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2016
busy work environment but well compensated. regular substantial raises. supportive management and team oriented. alot of standing is in your daily work which takes getting used to.
Okay place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day began with signing into the computer, bringing up the various systems I needed to perform my job, logging onto the phone. I did not get to know my co-workers, I felt the supervisors were not very helpful with questions I had.
Pros
Hours, Benefits
Good Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 11, 2016
I enjoyed sales at WEST I wanted to look into healthcare never got the opportunity but I did well at this company and worked very good with my team. I liked the competitiveness of my team, at the time I wanted to make more then what my salary was.
it is an alright workplace
RETENTION – CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 4, 2016
no vacations
no employee retention
Great employee turnover
Pros
Cons
no insurnce and poor salary
Ability to multi-task and interact with all employees within the organization
Employee Relations Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TexasOctober 9, 2015
Had the ability to multi-task and interact with all employees within the organization which made for a great way to develop and grow.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to train management, resolve conflict and the continuing ability to grow and learn while in the same position.

The downside was the amount of work and the "red tape" you had to get through to get EEO and OSHA complaints resolved due to too many levels of management to get through.

Towards the end there was a hiring freeze, raise freezes, continued lay-offs, site closures and a strained relationship between clients and West Corporation.
AT&T Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 9, 2016
I loved this job but I didn't management my time because of school. You could even make more than your salary with good sales and attendance.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Technical Review - Run away before they are swallowed up
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  LongmontMarch 26, 2016
I was there for 4 years in a technical role.
Company goals are good on the surface, unfortunately they meet their objectives with the lack of personnel and equipment they have. The people that I worked with are first class fun people and probably why I stayed for so long.

The hardest part of the job for me was that the infrastructure is crumbling and even the equipment that was purchased to replace it is years out of date. It is extremely difficult to support that and they do not offer training. It is fly by the seat of your pants work, and hope that your work does not fail or you are fired.

Warning - Layoffs happen every 1 or to 2 years, but with West's current focus on the profit margin, they are occurring more frequently. They have had them this year and we expect more. For 2016 we have been told no raises. Pay increases are 3% or less each year when they do have them. The fun perks we used to have are gone. They are slowly dismantling the Longmont facility as they purchase new companies that have similar products. Since the company went public with stock, cutbacks are the norm.

No growth or chance for advancement in most departments. I agree that once your in there, you are in there for life with the only way out being leaving the company, no real chance for advancement.

Management is all about who you know, not what you know. I noticed many of them unfortunately do not know the technical portion of the business and mistakes are made. Location is horrible if you are located in the metro area. It is so far out that you have no real interesting things to
  more... do without driving an hour or so. That might be why they cannot find perssonnel and the pay is so low compared to others in the area.

Benefits were ok, but higher than other places I have worked. 401K was a good match but not a good performer. Not many choices. Stock was offered at a discount, no stock awards like other companies in the area. Unfortunately it has not performed well and some people were burned.
Pros
co-workers great
Cons
I feel like I will be buying my own pencils soon.
I hated it there.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 22, 2016
After training and your on the floor answering calls you help AT&T customers with and phone issues they are having. I didn't learn very much at this job. It was a very stressful job and it made it harder to concentrate. Management isn't there to help you if you are struggling or if you need help. They are very hands off. Co-workers were very rude to new people. So I only made a few friends while in training. The hardest part of my job was keeping my calls short and to the point. I had a very hard time keeping my time under whatever bar they set for you. The times would go on longer and longer depending on the phones issue. I didn't like working here but it was a job at the time. The environment is not fun or happy go lucky. It was nothing but stress and always worrying about losing your job if you didn't do good on your times.
Cons
no benefits, stressful, not a nice place to work
Really enjoyed all the overtime available
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 16, 2015
I really enjoyed all the hours I could work at this job. But I really didn't care for the atmosphere. The supervisors did not care if you had a life outside their doors. There were no benefits and I really hated the scripts with this company.
Pros
all the hours of overtime & money
Cons
scripts
I enjoyed my coworkers and all but one of my supervisors
Roger Patton supervisor (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHAugust 27, 2015
west was bought out by alorica this year,2015.
west let potential employees think that great benefits were available, medical coverage was discounts, good dental/vision though.
Supervisors were experienced, and most of them were good at what they do, one was exceptional!
It's not a fun job, have to deal with sometimes very irrate customers and most times they were justified in being angry.
Training was insufficient at the beginning, need to have software training programs to make employees efficient before they are put out on the production floor.
alorica is firing employees in mass quantities.
I have sought legal council regarding my dismissal.
Pros
Good supervisors for the most part, good job if you need a sit-down job
Cons
sit for long periods of time, only 2 ten minute breaks, if you had to use the rest room, it was deducted from your break time. dealing with angry customers.
you are treated as a number not a person
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 16, 2015
You are not treated there as a person and when they are done with you they just kick you to the curb. They dont care about you just what you can do to benefit them.
Pros
co workers are great to work with, and AT&T is an actual great company
Cons
benefits are overpriced and you are treated like a number not a human being
Interesting but rough
Advanced Wireless Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 26, 2015
Always learning new things about technology, great management, fun environment, fun coworkers, opportunity for advancement, changing metrics for job performance, long hours at keyboard gave me RSI, hard being on phones all day talking to angry customers and not being able to keep fixing a problem unless the customer remains on the phone, hard to hit your stats sometimes unfairly, what is expected of you always changing slightly, continuous learning, all the overtime you want, bonuses for meeting goals, high turnover due to how awful it is to be taking calls all day
Pros
overtime, working with phones, learning, management, environment, bonuses
Cons
goals, call center, stuck on computer and headset
Not Impressed
UC Client Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 1, 2016
I worked there a year.

1. The only way to get raise is to get promoted. Basically you can work there for 3 years for example in the same position and not get a cent raise. I don't believe in this at all.

2. Management does not promote from hard work and helping out your team. They promote people based on favoritism and "being in the gang." I saw it happen multiple times where people that were more qualified to be promoted did not receive the offer letter.

3. They have lots of issues with their network or their services going down all the time. There would be 2 or 3 events a week where something major client impacting was happening. West doesn't want to spend money to upgrade it's network equipment, etc.

4. In regards to number 4. Expect to be yelled at by clients wanting to know why their entire site can't make phone calls or their call center's call routing software is down, etc.

5. Call Center/Help Desk job if you want to slave yourself to a cubicle for 8 hours a day.
Pros
5th 3rd Bank Building, lots of places to eat lunch, gym
Cons
Healthcare, management, dead end job.
Unprfessional Call Center
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 2, 2016
I was not happy with this company because of the management and the lack of knowledge they had with the job inside the call center that we had. We had no one to ask if we needed help. It was all individual hands on learning. This could definitely be the reason why the branch I was working in shut down. There was an upside to the job and that was helping customers with their questions and technical problems with the banking mobile app. It's always nice to end a phone call with a customer satisfied.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Extensive exposure to different industries.
Sales/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma city, OKJune 27, 2015
Awesome company to grow. Great Benefits and compensation plans.

My task included :

* Responsible for maintaining good clients relationship, Sales and product knowledge and
developing assigned staff to achieve individual, company’s, client’s and monthly goals.
* Taking Inbound and Outbound Customer Calls, discovering their needs, explaining features and
benefits of different products, selling products, and upselling different services.
* Managing high level account administration issues, seeking new revenue opportunities, while
maintaining existing revenue through establishment and maintenance of superior customer
relationships. Managed Complete Sales Territory.
* Offering different deals to the customers and closing the deals. Setting up an appointment with
them to follow up.
Pros
Friendly Management
Cons
non
Working with west
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  1015 Belvidere St, El Paso, TX 79912February 29, 2016
This job was fairly easy and paid well your co workers are like a team with u thru training all the way till get out of training and then from there u stick together to help each other out on your weak points. good lunch breaks and as much over time you can work.

from time to time management or worker above you choose not to help you but not all of them are like this. the most enjoyable part was the training.
Pros
over time, good pay, breaks
Cons
management some time choosing not to help you, sitting for hours
Telesales became obsolete
Client Executive (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 22, 2015
I learned a lot about managing to high performance and attention to detail as well as acting quickly and delivering excellence.
Pros
Cons
Compensation, work life balance and turnover
West Corporation
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 21, 2016
Incoming calls coming in with customers that had contracts with T-mobile and needed their phone troulbeshoot. I also took customers payments with credit card payments. Processed the payments in the system. Typed customers cell phone issues while talking to the customer and pulling up different screens to assist them. The customers were friendly and outgoing.
Pros
The breaks were 1 hour
Cons
the calls were back to back not time in between after you got off of one call

2.9