West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,391 reviews matching the search
secure job experience
Account Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 19, 2017
As long as call center work is something that you enjoy and you are able to meet policy and procedure, this is a good place to work. Advancement is always an option and you are encouraged and supported to learn new skills so that you can become a better you and employee.
A Learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 19, 2017
Working with West Corporation I took inbound calls and I efficiently process a large volume of calls in a day. Adept in computer database programs offering exceptional customer service and retaining disgruntled clients who have issues with the company's product. Specializes in dealing with angry clients processing large amounts of call data and interpreting customer service data from a spreadsheet.
not a very good company to work for
PAYROLL SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 19, 2017
While I have been at West Corporation for 10 years, I have experienced quite a lot of favoritism in management as well as West Corporation doesn't compete with wages offered in NE.
Pros
I received most of my experience while working with West.
Cons
doesn't pay well
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXJuly 18, 2017
I worked as a Customer Service Representative. I learn of people interests about what they liked in a hotel invironment and how to book hotel reservations.
Pros
Exciting people each day
Cons
Some days not so many calls
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 18, 2017
I enjoyed this job being able to talk on the phone to different people and trying to helpthem out. the pay was decent u can get overtime. U could post ur time as well for u spend time with other people
Starter job
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 18, 2017
great place to start your sales training . High goals but can be met . Didn't have any Benefiets when I worked there but could change . Would recommend for high school students
Pros
Pick your hours
Cons
Pay
Friendly people
Communicated effectively as liaison (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2017
It's a good starter, to gain some kind of customer service experience but that's all there was. Being on the phone all day and doing something so repetitive didn't give room for learning and growth.
Flexible company with less than average job security
Business Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 17, 2017
A very gracious PTO allowance and flexible schedule make West quite appealing, however, it lacks largely in job stability and in most of its programs' bonus structures, leading to stressful, low-paying monotony.
I had a very hard time working here
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NV 89502July 17, 2017
- A typical day could be your average 8 hours or they would give you mandatory overtime 1 minute before you were off
- I learned different computer system to help customers with their cellular problems
- Management was very difficult to work with
- The hardest part of this job was the constant ups and downs
Good
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJuly 14, 2017
Good place to work. Great staff and great coworkers. Good opportunities for advancement. Great learning opportunities. Would still be working here if it hadn't closed .
a great workplace fun and helpful
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 14, 2017
great place to work when starting out in the job field helps with customer service skills.it was a fun environment at the time i worked there. had to come to work with a positive attitude.
Pros
management was helpful.
Cons
could have been better pay
Fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 12, 2017
Fun environment with oportunites for advancemt. Taining was provided with performance reviews. I was made to feel like a part of the team. Most of the custmers were pleasant but there were times when calls/ requests needed to be elevated to a supervisor who could honor request or explain in detail why a request could not be full-filled.
good benefits
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 12, 2017
A multitude of companies with in West Business, make sure to find the one that matches you. They have a comfortable location with paid parking in some locations otherwise limited outside parking.
July 18, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review for your time at West. We wish you well as you start your career!

Good work life balance
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 11, 2017
Great for family's . Lots of paid time off. West has a tendency of being a bit of revolving door. But if your willing work they will take you. Unfortunately the department was in didn't pay enough.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Pay
July 18, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on West as a current employee. We often hear from our employees that they love the generous paid time off which allows for a nice life/work balance. We appreciate your service to the organization!

Intercall
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAJuly 11, 2017
This company is a great stepping stone for people just staring their career. You'll learn valuable skills and customer service techniques that will help you.
July 18, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your experience working at West. We wish you much success in your future!

I enjoyed the inbound calling and was happy to be able to assist customers with their SiriusXM accounts.
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 11, 2017
This is a good place to work if you enjoy talking on the phone. The management wasn't too great, but other than that it was a calm environment. The desks were dirty so I had to supply my own antibacterial wipes to clean.
work place
liaison between AT&T maintenance (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 11, 2017
great place to work. People, management team, benefits. There was no micro management as long as you were doing your job. Taking care of the business customer was top priority. Making that connection with the company and the tech team
Environment is difficult
Performance Team Leader (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 9, 2017
Management is extremely unhelpful and they create a somewhat hostile and stressful environment. The schedules can be easily accommodated but the environment makes the employee not want to show up to work.
Pros
Schedules and systems work properly, usually
Great starter job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 9, 2017
Great job for those starting out as a student. Great overtime hours and incentives. Gave opportunity to give up and pick up shifts. Opportunity to move up.
Lack of professionalism
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 8, 2017
The job itself was a good job, but its the people around you that make the job harder than what it is. If management would actually control the environment it wouldn't be so bad.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9