West Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,994 reviews matching the search
Energetic fun fast pace work environment
Administrative Assistant, Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 26, 2016
My typical day at work included meeting and greeting employees to ensure a positive attitude is carried throughout the day. Throughout the day I would monitor, motivate, and develop all employees to ensure noticeable permanent improvement. In addition, I would complete administrative duties.
Scattered
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2016
Company was unprofessional and unorganized also hard to move up in the company over good company for a college student and a stop and go job for anyone since you could quit and still come back if 90 days had passed revolving door for rehire
Pros
discounts
Cons
steady change in line groups
A Day At West
Production (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 23, 2016
I come into work on time and got my computer up clocked into all my applications and got ready to start my day at work, talk on the phone with the customers and multi-task by getting there issue resolved, go on my breaks and finish up my shift make sure I clock out on time and make my day a wonderful day !
Learning Experience
Team member/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TX 78148August 23, 2016
This was a job where i learned to give the most appropriate customer service and learned to take criticism to be a better person and learn to be better to excel at your job.
customer service at its best
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 15, 2016
I loved this job. A typical day at work is answering 300+ calls a day. What I've learned from this job is to think on my feet and handle situation fast and calm while keeping the customer happy. Management was outstanding. No hard part of the day. Most enjoyable part of the day is passing all my phone test
Pros
fun atmosphere
benefits
Great place to work at.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 13, 2016
Great Company to work at. Learned a lot while working there. Great supervisors and mangers. Resourceful trainers. Great pay. Good schedules. No complains.
Submit ReviewEdit review
Stressed enviroment
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 11, 2016
Hired to work here, and am still currently employed. The job is hard work and very stressful. Everyone is constantly graded on their call quality, as well as other factors. The job is full of double standards and full of people who abuse their breaks and dont get into trouble for it. Dont get the bonsues that are promised as well.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, lied about bonus
Co-worker was great
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 10, 2016
I don;t know what to say about this job this job hard us signing paper ever day because they made up rule about the job all the time. Great hours
Pros
The Co-worker was great in good hours
Cons
didn't care for the worker at all
Do what you want kind of place
Human Resources Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 10, 2016
I worked here a long time ago. Back then I was in my early to mid 20's. I worked in Human Resources. It was actually my first Clerical job. The manager who hired me was nice. She was in a lot of meetings and didn't have time to train me but did what she could when she could. Funny thing was neither did her staff. It's almost like no one wanted to touch my job responsibilities. I think it was a result of the fall out from the previous HR staff "apparently they all left around the same time" . I had transferred into this department from another one. So I was employed at West for over a year before my HR transfer. I saw all kinds of stuff. All I can say is if you plan on being a call center agent don't expect promotions or incentives to pan-out . Yes a lot of the rumors where true supervisors and managers slept with agents and vice versa. There was drug use in the building and parking lot and people stole stuff. But I'll be honest I think that has more to do with the demographics of the Tulsa Oklahoma area then it does a company. I have worked here all my adult life and finding good respectful professional people here is like buying a new car at cost instead of MSRP. It also seems that everyone has the base intelligence of an 8th grader and if your lucky they have SOME college this entire state is very blue collar. That being said, Management here could not control a lot of what went on and to be honest they wern't getting paid enough either there was only one person here making over a 6 digit salary when I was there most everyone else in management made around 37k-47k. But  more... for the type of work and jobs they offered I can't blame them either. It's the type of place you work when you don't want to sweep floors or do dishes but receive about the same pay. The turn around rate was high and it seems they have had every client from Pacificare, to Toys R, Us, Cricket, to Qwest etc. The problem was not all on the company although they did not do much to improve things. The majority of the people who worked here were good people unaware and unknowing of some of the stuff that went on here. some managers where good some were not. But the overall quality of the place was overshadowed by those with negative or intentions and there ability to just not care...  less
Pros
There was always something to do
Cons
Typical cons low pay no guidence everything always changed
Work place is fun-depending on the team you are with.
Performance Assessment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 5, 2016
The first 2 years of employment were pretty fun and awesome-the program I am on currently is experiencing many changes-with these changes, comes stress. The ineffectiveness of management to handle the added/new stress has trickled down to each associate-in a very negative manner.
working with different products
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 26, 2016
worked with multiple products which made this position very fast paced and enjoyable, great management that made you want to come to work everyday.
West Corporation
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 21, 2016
Incoming calls coming in with customers that had contracts with T-mobile and needed their phone troulbeshoot. I also took customers payments with credit card payments. Processed the payments in the system. Typed customers cell phone issues while talking to the customer and pulling up different screens to assist them. The customers were friendly and outgoing.
Pros
The breaks were 1 hour
Cons
the calls were back to back not time in between after you got off of one call
Not an okay place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 20, 2016
Everyone is always angry the management is unprofessional and there's a really high turnover rate. I've heard of a ton of people who get fired for no reason.
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Everything Eles
Friendly management team and workers
Telecommication/ Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  JamaicaJuly 19, 2016
It was awesome working there, wonderful people never felt left and team work was the goal daily we work hard and reach them.
Pros
Free lunch and transportation
Cons
Got breaks
typical work day
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  at homeJuly 19, 2016
answer incoming sales calls for client. assist with any concerns or questions caller might have, offer upsells, meet and exceed daily, weekly and monthly sales goals and quotas. customer service with a smile.. sales with enthusiasm and strength
Cons
no benefits, inconsistent work available
Never work here again
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 15, 2016
Not a good job. Pay is absolutely horrible. I hated working for this company. But 9.00 hour is better than nothing. The bonus structure is ridiculous. Pay 9 per hour. Bonus no matter what you sell is 25.00
They didn't care about contacting people on holidays. Christmas ETC.
Cons
This was such a horrible place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 13, 2016
The environment was horrible, the client company I was working for was even more horrible. The chance for upward mobility was slim and the employee turn over rate was horrible and the policies at the workplace were always changing,
It's a fine place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 11, 2016
This was a pretty fun work environment. It wasn't the easiest job, as I was basically cold calling people in an attempt to upgrade and sell new wireless devices.
I've always loved talking to people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHJuly 8, 2016
I took customer service calls for At&t. I enjoyed every day being different. Every customer was a unique person with a different need.
fun work place
DirecTV/Sales/Outbound (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78249July 8, 2016
This is somewhere where it is hard to be recognized for your work, the pay is ok but sometimes not enough for what the expectations are. The management is fair at times but at times its like there unsure of there jobs themselves. Some do not set a great example of leadership and some are there to play, it all depends on which department you work for. I have done different jobs so it can be anything.
Pros
overtime
Cons
pay

2.9