West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 1,034 reviews matching the search
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 7, 2016
The training was long, but it prepares you to work effectively on the floor. The environment is fun and fast paced. They also give you the opportunity to pick up or drop off hours without penalty.
ok Place to work great starter Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 3, 2016
Information technology opportunities at West span the breadth of careers in telecommunication. Not only do we provide award-winning, multi-channel communication solutions to well-known companies in the tech, retail, healthcare, utilities and education industries – we also own and operate the advanced global infrastructure that operates our products. As we continue to expand and evolve our technological capabilities, each step forward requires the dedicated teamwork of talented, passionate and inventive thinkers. You can expect to be part of a team that encourages experimentation and strives to be the definitive leader in next-generation communications technology.
agents treated poorly by management and team leads
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 31, 2016
Regular agents were fun and enjoyable to work with. Management didn't seem to really care about us at all. When any kind of acknowledgement was given, it was to management, not the agents that achieved the goals set by clients.
Pros
team work between agents was fantastic
Cons
managers didn't seem to care about us at all
It was a fun place to work at
Custodian/ Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 26, 2016
I learned about the people i worked with and around me on the floor i worked on. The most enjoyable part of my work was working in the building and the floor i was on because of the people.
Productive Strict workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 24, 2016
take and resolve calls in a timely manner. Learned how to provide excellent customer service to each customer on every call.
This company is fake
data entry (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 20, 2016
If you are going to work online with this company DON'T DO IT a women who goes by Williams Ryder on gmail told me they would send a check for the equipment. The check was fake the account with the check didn't exist.
Pros
Cons
Fake check
It sucks
Expert Event Operator (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJanuary 20, 2016
This is a terrible place to work at if you have some kind of education. Managers are friends among each other, (sometimes since childhood) almost none of them has your back. There is no room for advancement.
Reasonable place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 20, 2016
It is a good start job to begin with. Place needs a better structure and culture but its a good starters job that pays better than minimum wage.
Pros
Over time available.
Cons
Culture isn't too great.
good place to work
Performance Assessment Liaison (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 12, 2016
worked here while in grad school. they were very accommodating to my school schedule and i was able to get promoted several times in two years by working hard and being dependable.
Negative work enviroment
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 9, 2016
I worked as a sales manager for this company and enjoyed the concept of the job but once we had to actually perform it, we were on our own. Management did not prepare us for the billing issues that were involved with this job so all you had were screaming customers on the phone all day and no knowledge or help from management in fixing the problems. Management themselves had serious personal problems that effected their job performance and training the team itself so you were basically on your own. Constant yelling at employees and a negative enviroment.
Cons
Not enough job knowledge before being thrown on the floor
West is a family friendly employer.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for West because they are a over all fun and family friendly company...
I liked my manager she really cared about her employees, if we had family issue, she was understanding and accomodating
Pros
Famly friendly
Cons
Very Professional and Upscale but enthusiastic company.
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 5, 2016
Gained 3 years experience in Short sales, REO , and Foreclosures. Learned how to sufficiently multitask in computer systems such as Home Base, Home Saver, Equator, Lafa, Commit 4 forms, as well as out look, and Microsoft word.
Not the greatest workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 1, 2016
Working for West Corporation was enjoyable. The management over certain situations is what turned me away. The work itself is very fast paced. Answering calls, verifying the person on the phone, assisting with whatever concerns they had and were calling in for, and to do so swiftly, with respect even when they're angry and yelling, and while giving them your undivided attention. It was enjoyable work.
Really enjoyed all the overtime available
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 16, 2015
I really enjoyed all the hours I could work at this job. But I really didn't care for the atmosphere. The supervisors did not care if you had a life outside their doors. There were no benefits and I really hated the scripts with this company.
Pros
all the hours of overtime & money
Cons
scripts
Great place to work with plenty of advancement opportunities
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 7, 2015
Great work environment to be in. Supportive management team within each department. They hire internally first, so there is always room to grow and advance with the company. The best part was always having something new to learn and being around co-workers that also wanted to grow with the company.
Diverse Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 4, 2015
This company is okay i most enjoyed the customers and making sure i got their issue resolved and my co workers were pretty nice and the managers were very down to earth and room to grow within the company
Customer Service
Team Lead / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 25, 2015
Learned how to communicate well with other here along with patience . Also a great place to learn how to deescalate and angry client.
Low Pay but Great Atmosphere
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 24, 2015
Low Pay but Great Atmosphere. I enjoyed the people I worked with but hated the actual job. There was a lot of turn over in the position I was in.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Low Pay
Tough place to work
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 18, 2015
Tough place to work. Little or no respect for the front line people that work there. They went out of business in Spokane.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Lack of respect
na
Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 16, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but ow you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company