West Corporation Employee Review

View all West Corporation reviews

very difficult and high stress place
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 13, 2014
I went into work and grabbed a headset and a cubicle and started taking incoming calls. I was to upsell every person that called even though very few were calling to buy the AT&T product. I learned how to sell on the phone and more about the products AT&T sold.
I really enjoyed my co-workers even though every person was under a tremendous amount of stress, we kept each other engaged. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet the matrix which changed sometimes hourly and the fact the call times kept being reduced. Reduced to a point, that by the time you got a potential customer's basic information, you had to end it. No where near enough time to make the sale. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers as we all built some great relationships.
Pros
honestly, there really were none
Cons
Exceptionally high pressure and no benefits, Different bosses would say competely different things, so I never knew what was expected from day to day

Other West Corporation Employee Reviews

Flexible and can work as much as you want
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Valley, WAJanuary 15, 2018
My favorite part about working at West was you were able to pick up hours, or drop hours if you wish, every day as long as there were hours available.
Good employee incentives
Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 15, 2018
Loved it there. Professional yet fun. The company kept up with training and new incentives/ rewards. They made you want to keep learning. The dress code was casual and yet no jeans. Everything made the employee take pride in job and company.
Pros
Free luncheons and training classes. Relatively easy to request time off.
Cons
Sometimes late hours required.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9