West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,209 reviews matching the search
had a terrible experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 22, 2017
I worked for this company for roughly 3 months, the only time i enjoyed the job was during the training, most customers that would call would be angry and yell at you right off the bat, managers never noticed your requests for assistance and made me rather uncomfortable.
Fun day at West
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMarch 22, 2017
This company is great. Has great people, and some friendly supervisors and bosses. It can give you anxiety, but if you can handle the calls non stop, and the customer abuse. Then you can move up very quickly and basically your in control.
Worst
Tier II Tech (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHMarch 21, 2017
Worst job ever. Promotions given on a friendship basis, not earned. Management had little to no experience. The hours were bad. Too much of a carnival experience.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
too much to list, it was all bad.
Precise duties relating to employees paychecks
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2017
Great place to work, good benefits. Performed payroll duties for West Corporation to include timekeeping, PTO and vacation balances. Also performed garnishment duties and cut refund checks when applicable.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, separate location from base location.
Cons
N/A
Great starter job
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2017
this was a great job starting off could move up and I had a supervisor that was willing to assist by recommending management and always encouraged all her employees
March 23, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your time with West. We wish you well in your new career and appreciate your service to the organization.

Passed up for promotion
Sales Support Specialist, Pharmaceutical Division (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIMarch 17, 2017
The job was great until I was passed up for a few promotions I was practically promised. The answer I received was that I was too good to move to a role where "I wouldn't be happy". They called my bluff that I would leave and I'm glad I did. The job I have now is fantastic. However, I did like my co-workers and do miss them.
Pros
Fun place to work with many incentives if you work hard
Cons
Hard work isnt rewarded with promotions.
March 23, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review on your time with West. We appreciate the opportunity to improve as we do value providing our employees with advancement opportunities. Nearly 80% of our current leaders have come through internal promotions.

n/a
Receptionist and Billing (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 16, 2017
Do not work here! Just a robot on the phone for 8 hours a day forced to sell products to people that cannot afford what is be offered. Was very unhappy there
A typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHMarch 16, 2017
an inbound contact center role. The role involves both phone communication as well as emails, ability to screen shared. It's a consultative sales role, including asking probing questions, educating, building relationships and providing solutions.
Pros
a sit down job
Cons
Calls came into fast
Not too stressful place to work with many benefits.
Retention Agent / Mentor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 15, 2017
A general call center job, with the pay being very reasonable and it was not a difficult job to upkeep. Mentors and team leads were always available in a reasonable time to assist with any issues or concerns. Sometimes keeping up with the breaks and time away from the computer could get out of hand for some people but overall it is not a hard job. I liked being able to help customers that called in with issues, it made me feel a lot better getting them what they wanted or needed to continue their subscriptions. Being agent of the month a couple times felt good, and finishing the year off in 4th place of the call floor was a very awesome accomplishment.
Pros
Free lunches, achievement candy, recognition for work well done.
West review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 14, 2017
west overall was a good company to work for.. i got my first experience working in a call center environment with west and ever since then i worked in a call center
stressful
Training Team Leader (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 14, 2017
hard job. outbound telephone sales tring to get people to swith to at&t. If your a trainer it is much better less stress. fun job being able to teach people how to sale.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
telemarketing
west
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 14, 2017
A typical day at work was very busy and interesting and learning how to multitask in so may different levels everyday. I learned you have to have patience and great customer service skills. Treat people how you wanted to be treated on a call and make them feel as comfortable as you would want to feel.
Pros
we had good benefits and holiday pay and paid time off
Cons
short breaks and mandortory overtime
They do not care about their employees
Director of Revenue Generation (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 14, 2017
They will hire and fire at will, with no consideration whatsoever for their employees or their future. All they care about is their ROI. It's a business.
March 23, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review on West. We appreciate hearing from our current leaders who help drive the business forward while also taking care of their associates. We understand the difficulties of making tough decisions at times.

Activation's/Billing Agent
Cricket-Billing and Activations Agent (Former Employee) –  Home office basedMarch 14, 2017
I loved my job, my hours were mine to choose, I had a great team of management, who if I ever had questions I always had someone to go to. I handled everything from activations, to billing, to tech support. If a customer called upset about their bill, I was usually able to turn it around and not only keep them as a satisfied customer but also one who would upgrade their plan.

The training was very detailed and they always had someone available to help, the team I worked with all worked well together and they were very understanding in cases of emergency when I needed to get off work early. This didn't happen often but my mom was very ill at the time so it did happen.

They didn't offer healthcare insurance, and the pay was low, but aside from that I was very happy with my job and would have stayed with them had my mom not had a heart attack, but they were very understanding when I had to take what started as a temporary leave of absence and due to complications with her heart surgery ended up having to quit to care for her full time.
Pros
Worked from my home office, chose my own hours, great training and team
Cons
No healthcare, low pay
Work was not consistently available.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 12, 2017
The only thing I really enjoyed about the West Corporation was that I could work from home. But getting work from them was difficult and not consistent. When I worked for the Wireless client I enjoyed it because I felt as though I were actually helping customers solve their problems with the service.
Pros
Ability to work from home
Cons
work not available all the time
Good Place to gain Experience
Personal Lines P&C Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time here with this company as this is a great way to gain experience and also get your Property and Casualty License. You also learn about sales with this company as well as computer experience.
Pros
Great way to gain experience.
Cons
Benefits are not that great.
fun workplace
Louisiana Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 10, 2017
I loves working to west. I made a lot of money at the time back in the 90's. I would recommend this job to anyone that is interested in cold calling.
Nice environment, good people to work with.
SME Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 8, 2017
West was a good job to have for what I needed at the time. I moved from Texas to Oklahoma to help family. West made it easier, once everything was okay I moved back to Texas and continued on my career path as a lab technician.
fun work enviorment
Technical support representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 7, 2017
Typical day at work was very productive and a positive work atmosphere. Supportive Staff and co workers alike. Pay was great and best part of the job was talking to many different people from all around the united states daily.
Summary
Client Operations (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 7, 2017
Company had a great structure and management. The hardest part of my day was sitting at a desk making hundreds of calls. the most enjoyable part the job was my colleagues.
March 14, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review for West and thank you for your service to the organization. As you’ve noted, we have some terrific people working here, and new employees especially find it to be a very welcoming environment as they get to know their teammates. We wish you well in whatever the future holds for you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9