West Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,982 reviews matching the search
They hire and fire rather quickly as they do not care about their employees at all.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXMarch 16, 2016
This place is like a prison to work in. They cn't wait to fire people as they hire too fast and don't care if the employee uses any brains. All they want is a parrot. They do not encourage any out of the box thinking.
Pros
Easy training
Cons
too free with their firing
ok Place to work great starter Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 3, 2016
Information technology opportunities at West span the breadth of careers in telecommunication. Not only do we provide award-winning, multi-channel communication solutions to well-known companies in the tech, retail, healthcare, utilities and education industries – we also own and operate the advanced global infrastructure that operates our products. As we continue to expand and evolve our technological capabilities, each step forward requires the dedicated teamwork of talented, passionate and inventive thinkers. You can expect to be part of a team that encourages experimentation and strives to be the definitive leader in next-generation communications technology.
Lack of management
Seniors Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 13, 2016
Lack of communication with all levels of management they do not value their employees that are their for tenure they find ways to cut bonus and tenure bonus from employees. The hours are great and they do have a flex schedule in which keeps me staying with the company and my co workers are amazing. Management is horrible
Pros
flex hours
Cons
lack of management communication
This was such a horrible place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 13, 2016
The environment was horrible, the client company I was working for was even more horrible. The chance for upward mobility was slim and the employee turn over rate was horrible and the policies at the workplace were always changing,
What was the most enjoyable part of the job?
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job was Satisfying my customers, with knowledgeable information on home appliances they were looking to purchase or purchased. It was a very easy job with nice customers, and fun working environment.
Productive day at work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 22, 2016
A typical day is calling customers who are pending to disconnect services and trying to win them back.

I learned how to use telephone ethics and how to type.

Management was fair.

Co-workers easy to get along and helpful.

There is no hard part to this job.
Great Place to Start
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 7, 2016
If you are just getting out of college or need a place to start a career in sales it's a great place to begin. The pay is terrible, and they didn't seem to care about your future job advancement. College degrees will not help you.
Great place to work!
Suggestive Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2016
Great place, good benefits !! I really loved working here before I moved far away.

My co workers were very docile and nice. Hardest part of the job was the long hours but the pay made up for it.
Pros
The pay is excellent, good HR department
Fast-paced, high stress, challenging
Internet Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 21, 2016
The initial training was adequate and support resources are knowledgeable. Expectations, goals, and auditing protocols made the job overly-stressful.
Pros
Flexible working hours, clean environment
Cons
High Stress
agents treated poorly by management and team leads
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 31, 2016
Regular agents were fun and enjoyable to work with. Management didn't seem to really care about us at all. When any kind of acknowledgement was given, it was to management, not the agents that achieved the goals set by clients.
Pros
team work between agents was fantastic
Cons
managers didn't seem to care about us at all
great team, strong direct management, week senior executives
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 18, 2016
great team to work with very innovative, fun environment when people stop focusing on career and focused on company. Change in Sr management drove much of the talent away from the company
Pros
fun, innovative, great co-workers
Cons
new sr management broke the mold and impacted business
Negative work enviroment
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 9, 2016
I worked as a sales manager for this company and enjoyed the concept of the job but once we had to actually perform it, we were on our own. Management did not prepare us for the billing issues that were involved with this job so all you had were screaming customers on the phone all day and no knowledge or help from management in fixing the problems. Management themselves had serious personal problems that effected their job performance and training the team itself so you were basically on your own. Constant yelling at employees and a negative enviroment.
Cons
Not enough job knowledge before being thrown on the floor
Friendly management team and workers
Telecommication/ Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  JamaicaJuly 19, 2016
It was awesome working there, wonderful people never felt left and team work was the goal daily we work hard and reach them.
Pros
Free lunch and transportation
Cons
Got breaks
Greatest Branch of Service
Administrative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 11, 2016
The Army teaches discipline and focus along with self Morals. Plenty of room to grow and leadership could use some improving. However, war is always a possible and most be focus and prepared for anything.
Use telephone to reach potential or existing customers.
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 1, 2016
Setting and lead generation because the product or service is actually sold and paid for over the phone. Sold companies products to other organizations can be called inside sales.
Not the greatest workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 1, 2016
Working for West Corporation was enjoyable. The management over certain situations is what turned me away. The work itself is very fast paced. Answering calls, verifying the person on the phone, assisting with whatever concerns they had and were calling in for, and to do so swiftly, with respect even when they're angry and yelling, and while giving them your undivided attention. It was enjoyable work.
Chaos
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHMay 30, 2016
Told to do things not permitted to do. Did not have a direct supervisor most of the time. Professional work environment.
Pros
Nice pay and benefits
Cons
Not given all the most important information to do the job properly.
Bad management
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 22, 2016
1. Scheduling my crew and inspecting their work.
2. How to handle bad management
3. Simply terrible.
4. Great group of hard working people.
5. Dealing with management.
6. Interacting with my crew.
Pros
The crew
Customers and Co-Workers Were Great
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2016
I enjoyed working at West Helping the Medi-care part D customers and my fellow co-worker, Management needed work and policies were not realistic
Pros
Co-workers were friendly
Cons
Everything else
Great Place to work but bad management
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMarch 6, 2016
A typical day at West is fun if you have good co workers , the management is horrible , everyone that has a little power takes over you because they know you don't want to lose your job
Pros
Great Co-Workers, Good Pay
Cons
Short breaks and bad management

2.9