West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,136 reviews matching the search
n/a
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHFebruary 2, 2017
before the company was bought out by alorica, i was able to pick up extra hours without any issues but they starting capping the amount of hours to pick up and it went down hill from there
good Advancment options
Customer Support Team Lead (Former Employee) –  El Paso TXFebruary 1, 2017
started to work as CSR on the Floor, was able to advance to become Team Leader, Phone Support and troubleshooting customer issues was done using inbound and outbound calls,
avoid at all cost
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 1, 2017
This was by far the worst job I've ever had. The pay was low ,and the commission was a trick. I constantly had problems getting my pay checks. The management were mean and petty.
great job
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 1, 2017
Worked here for about 2 years it was a good place the point system used is better then a lot of companies have. I think that this job is great for anyone working in customer services
Pros
scheduling
Cons
Good place to work at to get your foot in the door
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIJanuary 31, 2017
Training needs to be better there, huge turnover rate!
Management is okay, could be better
Can be very stressful
Could also upgrade the technology and headsets, especially being a telecommunications company...

Comment – February 15, 2017

Thank you for providing a review of West as we always appreciate hearing from our current employees. Your comments help our efforts to continuously improve as we look to create a positive work experience for all employees.

Health Care
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 31, 2017
Sales Manager for a team of sales associates that do a high level clinical sell to doctors and Mid levels as well as hospitals, and government facilities. Complete analysis reports and report to both West Leadership and the Client on a monthly basis. Accountable to meet and exceed sales goals as set forth by the client. Set an example and a positive environment so as to provide a professional environment with little or no attrition.
Pros
Strong communication with Senior Leadership

Comment – February 8, 2017

Thank you for writing a review of West. We greatly appreciate hearing from our current leaders as you’ve got a good read on the pulse of your team. Thank you for positively impacting our healthcare division!

Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHJanuary 31, 2017
The training was good and long. They made sure we were good to go before they made us take live calls. They always had floor support for extra help. Gave us pto and uto right out of training.
Easy, consistent and stable
Customer Service/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 31, 2017
The people there are wonderful, its a great work enviroment with great benefits - hardest part about the job is how monotonous it can be at times

Comment – February 1, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your experience working for West. We do have some amazing people here who make this a great place to work!

Comment – February 8, 2017

Thank you for writing a review of West and for sharing your perspective of your time at West. We wish you well in your future endeavors!

West Corp
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Job security was bad. Laid off with no notice due to over hire after 5 mo of employment. Managers were not professional at all

Comment – February 1, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review as a former employee. The situation with your separation from the company is extremely unfortunate and not a common occurrence. We wish you well in the future!

I enjoy that type of work but your job seemed to never be sucure.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32505January 30, 2017
The typical day of work was ok. The management seemed to not care about the employee's. Your job seemed to always be threatened. No feeling job security at all. I like the fact I was able to pick up extra work hours if needed. I most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to help solve issues for the customers.
Management Hides
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 30, 2017
I am an independent worker but everyone has the time when a question comes up and needs assistance, ideally one would simply ask their supervisor. This is not possible at West as the managers would spend most of their time outside smoking and if they were actually in the building they hid in areas inconvenient for the workers to access.

Comment – February 1, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your experience working for West. We value the feedback shared and will look to make appropriate improvements. We wish you well in your future endeavors!

Technical Support Call Center
Care/Technical Associate (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHJanuary 27, 2017
Typical call center, you get out of it what you put into it. Good place to work however limited advancement opportunity. Learned about specific systems related to the job during training period, applied those experiences to the job, and kept the customer as top priority.
Company in transition
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 26, 2017
I have already reviewed West, so I do not see a need to repeat the information. Sorry. I enjoyed my time with the company and miss the work and people.
Great Place
Customer Service Rep - BIlling Dept (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 26, 2017
Have several schedules you can work. Great work place, very flexible. Can easily pick up hours from other employees on different shifts.
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 25, 2017
When I worked there, all I did was take applications for AMEX credit cards, it was really easy and the work environment was awesome.
Great Company
Vice President, Accounting (Former Employee) –  Valley, ALJanuary 25, 2017
The company had a great product, but the market was maturing in te US, and Europe. Their products were largely considered a commodity, and hard to differentiate.
fun environment with flexible scheduling
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 24, 2017
Upper management withheld very important information regarding the direction of the company...we were downsizing and they revealed this to a select few but lied and said we would not be affected.
Pros
I was able to make executive decisions
Cons
the professionalism lacked
productive and fun enviroment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIJanuary 23, 2017
management is always willing to help their always encouraging they don't even feel like managers at times the funnest part of the job is being able to talk and make friends in between calls

Comment – February 15, 2017

We appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts on West!

Not bad but misleading a little bit
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 23, 2017
I started a couple of weeks ago to work in the American Express department. Our department just found out a week ago that American Express is actually terminating their numerous year contract with us to move to a cheaper company. Other than learning that information, it's a fun place to work. Management always helps out when they need to and training is pretty extensive. The reason I say it was misleading was that they told us it was not a sales position at all and later, in training, we find out that it is. It's just soft sales but if I would've known that there were sales involved at all, I probably wouldn't have taken on the position.

Comment – February 1, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review as a recent new hire. The situation with your current team is extremely unfortunate and we are committed to identifying a new position for impacted employees. As a company with a wide portfolio of teams, we do offer opportunities across the entire sales spectrum.

Poor place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 20, 2017
a job if your looking for to get experience. Gives a lot of vacation but can not use when you want to. Bonus are rig. If you work here you better not have any life issue because you will be out the door before you know it. Pay suck!

Comment – January 23, 2017

We appreciate you taking time to write a review on your time at West. We wish you well in your future endeavors and hope West has contributed to building your skills through your experience here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9