West Corporation

West Corporation Employee Reviews

Invaluable experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NebraskaJuly 10, 2015
Good experience even though it was short. Had a good time learning how to respond to customers on the phone and treat people with respect at all times,
A helping hand
Customer Service Advocate I (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Setting all day
Cons: Lots of notes
Learning how to work under pressure. being able to keep customers happy and interact with them while searching for the information that they need to move forward.
Stressful Job
Customer Care/Service (Current Employee), Warren, OHJuly 8, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: everything about this job
Everyday at this position changes. It feels like a new job everyday meaning one day you're told to do things one way and it changes.
Since I have been there I have been very stressed and depressed. I have lost confidence in this job. I have a lot to give and I give 100% but it is never good enough. The medical benefits are not even worth paying for.Terrible coverage, No major medical. When you take a restroom break, you have to subtract the time from your scheduled breaks.
Poor job stability/ high over turn
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 7, 2015
Cons: short 10 min. breaks, restroom needs and 30 minutes of lunch
Busy answering incoming calls for rx scripts, assisting pharmacies with processing information, denials of claims, copays and overrides. Not being able to assist all the needs of incoming calls due to plan limitations is the hardest part of job. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist clients in need of service.
Good people, slightly deceptive recruiting, difficult to advance, good entry level pay.
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee), WisconsinJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Fun people, decent benefits, okay work life balance
Cons: Short lunches, incremental raises rare, micromanagement, company doesn't like clients with "grey area." Vision for relationships with clients is too rigid
A typical day at work in healthcare is primarily outbound sales calls. The amount you need to make is dependent on contractual obligation. If you are a new hire, where you end up within the company, where you end up is the luck of the draw.

I learned that advancement is extremely difficult if you are someone who likes to think outside the box of what West likes to sell their clients on. If you have – more... read "The Challenger's Sale" and like what the book projects, you might like it there. You will hear a lot about the very canned sales process that they like to use. Also, don't get too comfortable on whatever contract you're on if you work in the healthcare division. West is a contractor, the customers come and go.

Management: Hereagain, luck of the draw. I've had mostly good ones but you could very easily end up under a micro-manager.

In my experience, coworkers are overall great. There can be a slight hint of high school drama and gossip, but that comes with any office environment.

The hardest part of the job (from the perspective of a sales agent) is having to adhere to things that you feel may be antiquated, feel could be improved or do not feel that they apply to what you are doing at all. Again, as "open to new ventures" as West says they are, there are very specific processes that they want to stick to in selling their services to a potential client.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and if you are someone who likes to soak up healthcare industry knowledge, that's a perk too. – less
Not a bad place to work for when they were West. Feel like I could of had better training before taking calls
seasonal employment Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Learned good phone manners
Cons: hard to get a supervisors' attention
Typical day of work answer calls about dinning gift cards. Also answered questions about travel cards. What I learned was how to be polite to people on the other end of a phone call as I have been there. Managment was average. Co-workers were an mixed of all types. Hardest part of job was dealing with callers who could not be helped with thre call. Most enjoyable part of job was how diffrent each call was.
great starter career
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 6, 2015
west corp provides a great professional environment. They have strict general requirements that prepares young professionals with discipline in the work field.
Great company to work for
AT&T wireless Area Account Manager (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJuly 3, 2015
west corp is one of the best place to work at. this is a fun place to work while still being professional. nice nice nice. great work ethics with great people
fun, great experience
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 3, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: healthcare;benefits;advancement
taking inbound calls for at&t customers. opening and activation phones, troubleshooting phone technical issues. provided excellent cusotmer service for prepaid at&t customers
Great place to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 2, 2015
Managing over 300 agents to make sure that they were meeting productivity and direct measures of quality that were established by clients. I learned a great wealth of knowledge working for this company. I have great communication and administration skills. I learned basically how to run a telemarketing company. The hardest part of the job was when I had to terminate agents for misconduct. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people.
Very laid back, and fun place to work
Account Service Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 2, 2015
I was an account manager there and I over looked and maintained the technical side of their circuits. My co-workers and I worked side by side to always help the customer out and make sure that customer was back up and running in a timely matter. The hardest part of the job was when the call center closed we had to turn the ticket over to a another call center and there was nothing we could do even if the customer site was still down. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the customer was back up and running and they were so happy.
Was not the easiest place to work for.
PayFlex Agent (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Working at home.
Cons: It took a long time to get answer when you needed them.
A typical day was to log in the computer system and get ready is answer calls from clients that had the PayFlex plan. I learned that PayFlex is not as good as it seems. The management was not that easy to get ahold of when needed. The co-workers tried to help each other out, but it was difficult to communicate to each other. The hardest part of the job was trying to get answers for the people that were supposed to be there to help. The most enjoyable part was that I did not have to drive anywhere to work.
Customer Service Specialist - Customer care (Former Employee), omaha, neJuly 1, 2015
Awesome place to work. They kept me busy at all time in which I enjoyed the most. They were able to keep the employees engaged.
After Alorica bought company it all went downhill
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: 30 minute lunches, managers were made to be more strict, company changed
I would come in, log in to computers, explained all health related claims, benefits, and as well as explaining company.
The managers at first were great, very flexible, very understanding, and willing to teach, after Alorica took over, everything including hours changes went downhill.
Ended up leaving after changing my hours 3 times in a 2 week period and not staying stable.
The co-workers were AMAZING and the main reason I stayed for as long as I did. They were the best and most helpful part of the job.
very busy
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Pensacola FlJune 20, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: short breaks
It was a very busy buisness with to many supervisors. I learned very fast and was usually in the top ten of my group. I was number 1 in my training class. Management was awesome co workers come and go so fast that you dont really get to know anyone. I loved answering phones it was pretty easy to learn,
no communication
Pharmaceutical Research Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 18, 2015
Pros: camaraderie between co-workers
Cons: no clear communication
Operating several systems to provide excellent customer service in a timely manner, taught me both to be efficient and precise, as well as to rely on my resources.

Hardest part was no real management nor support, which caused in gap of expectations.
The best was when a customer was able to receive all the answers and hung up satisfied.
continual education
Licensed Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Valley, WAJune 18, 2015
I would enroll participants into health plans, either in open enrollment or if they had a special election period which allowed them to enroll at that specific time. I also discussed the benefits of the health plan, what it did or did not cover, we looed up their doctors and hospitals to make sure they were in or out of the medical network, also routed calls to the proper departments, I also worked with the ACA ( affordable care act) plans for individuals under the age of 65, enrolling them into polices, canceling and changing polices, and going over their benefits, sometimes we helped with billing issues depending on the issue.
west was horrible
AT&T Technical Support/Commitment Team (Former Employee), niles, ohioJune 15, 2015
west horrible for many reasons. the management was constantly changing things. constantly nit picking you for every little thing you did wrong and not telling you how to fix it. also too many people were on the management staff that didn't know what they were doing.
Temporary Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 13, 2015
Good to be a temporary job, need some work on management and projects, company should really select carefully their employees and strictly follow dress code and rules .
fast paced
Data entry (Former Employee), universal cityJune 13, 2015
Fast paced and productive all day everyday. Management friendly. Many diverse and friendly co-workers. system was easy to use.
Headquarters