West Corporation Employee Reviews

West.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 7, 2017
This Company has gone through a lot of changes. This company has no CIO. Has no technical leadership and does not innovate to keep up with competing technology companies.
Pros
Relaxed Company
Cons
No Innovation
Sales Mananger
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 6, 2017
The was salary was low for the hours that was put in. This was a ok job. Gave me a oppurtunity to move up in management and help others become successful sales reps
Productive, fun and fast paced environment
Event Specialist Operator (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GANovember 6, 2017
A typical day here at work is routine. I come in check my schedule, to see what I calls I have. I set up my call, make sure all the details are correct and lead conference calls all day long. I learn something new everyday weather it be computer system related or company policy, new changes. We have diverse group of people working here. I think the hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult, unruly clients over the phone. Working as a team is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
No lunch days-cater food (extra 1/2 hour pay), Work Monday through Friday, weekends off. I work with a diverse group of people. Built great friendships with over the years.
Cons
Micro management. We are over worked and underpaid.
now alorica
tech support team member for a satellite company (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 6, 2017
worked at this company after having my children. it was a great entry level job to customer service. paid well and work/life balance was ideal for my new family
Unfair practices
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 5, 2017
When I was a senior sales associate, I was expected to train sales associates, set up desks for new sales associates, send out sales/production reports, and keep up with the same metrics as other sales associates. I loved the people with whom I worked. I have even seen a couple of them (officiated one lady's wedding) over the last couple of years and stay connected to them on social media. I was able to hone my sales skills, and we all tried to have fun during work to break up the stress of the sales.
Pros
People
Cons
Senior management
Very busy environment but had employee fun days.
Customer Service Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha- United StatesNovember 2, 2017
I worked for this company for 16 years and was able to advance through the years with hard work and dedication. I was able able to earn certificates throughout my tenure that helped me secure advanced positions.
stressful place to work
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 31, 2017
There was a big lack of communication and a very high turnover rate there. It was a negative environment as well. There was a set schedule so there is one plus.
Challenging, professional environment, friendly
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 29, 2017
I have appreciated West as an employer - giving me a variety of opportunities to learn new skills and being challenged to grow personally and professionally.
stale job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 27, 2017
no chance of advancement or raises. typically if you was the new guy, you had to do the less welcome work. The workers there didn't respect the security officers or their supervisor.
fun and fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  pensacolaOctober 26, 2017
every phone call with customer was different you never knew what kind of mood the called was in. sometimes it took a while for a supervisior to assist due to different reps also had questions or
Cons
I really liked the fact everybody worked in harmony
Call Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 26, 2017
Management was very involved in the well being of their employees, and co workers were very focused and had the opportunity to take breaks in a timely manner to enhance productivity. We were listening to recorded calls and our accuracy was very important. I had to relocate and sadly had to leave the company.
Pros
Very organized
Production
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 24, 2017
Outbound call center offering products to customers as well as upgrades to existing customers. Attend to customer need and answer all questions that clients may have.
Pros
Faat paced work environment.
Cons
Managemwnt
Very Unorganized
Data Specialist/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIOctober 24, 2017
Very Unorganized Work Environment. Very poor reactions to needs of clients. Anxious work environment, never good enough. No one seems to be on the same page. They seem to just hire anyone, even without good qualifications
Pros
Work Hours, hour lunch and location
Cons
Work Environment, high turnover
I was married and it hurt me
Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXOctober 23, 2017
I wasn't willing to sleep with anyone at work so I didn't advance. A lot of the managers were all friends and only did things that helped their friends. My life was outside of work and it was not a good fit.
Pros
close to home
Cons
close to home
productive fun fast paced every once in while we had a pot luck lunch
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVOctober 22, 2017
I was a customer service rep left as a floor resolution specialist where I accepted both complaint & compliment calls for other service Reps. Fun fast paced environment. I enjoyed being a productive team member.
Pros
fun job
Cons
Strict break enforcement
Fast paced and stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 22, 2017
West Corporation is a good job if you're just entering the work force. They deal primarily with Telemarketing so most of the jobs are stressful because they require making a sale from the customer. Other jobs are not sales but rather Customer Service so that is also stressful because you have to take phone orders non stop.
Pros
Willing to hire young employees with very little experience, good job to get experience in the corporate world.
Cons
Jobs are fast paced and the attendance policy is very strict.
Official response from West Corporation
October 25, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review for your time at West. We wish you well as you start your career!

I did data entry
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXOctober 21, 2017
I did data entry and I loved it. It was set hours and good pay at the time. I do miss this job very much but they no longer offer this position. It was very laid back.
Pros
Job was very stressless
Cons
They no longer offer this position
Productive work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85203October 19, 2017
The day consisted of helping Directv customers relocate their services due to moving or assisting them in upgrading their technical equipment and letting them know of the new 2 year agreement. The hardest part was getting them to stick to the new 2 year agreement. Management made it a fun place to work in.
Pros
Potlucks, diversity.
Cons
Short breaks.
Company no longer in OK
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 19, 2017
Was not consistent in customer support or positions. Unable to keep contract with companies and location had to close due to loss in revenue and clientele.
face paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 18, 2017
great job but you have to be cut out for it. long hours on the phone & rude customers. pay was good. needed more career advancement options & better insurance benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9