West Corporation United States Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with chances for advancement
Human Resource Intern (Current Employee), Appleton, WIApril 1, 2015
Busy, upbeat, productive. Have learned immense amounts about recruiting and human resource positions in general. Atmosphere is stimulating and upbeat. Everyone I work with is friendly and helpful. Challenges are provided to keep me on the learning path.
Think twice before applying
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCApril 1, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: everything else
West is the worst place to work... the pay is go the hours are good but they will try to fire you for anything. They set rules that are not even in writing like their attendance policy its not in written form. No supervisor could prove the information to me about the attendance policy.. Mangement sucks if they don't know you personally than its a done deal for you. Everybody is in everybody business. Its just MESSY out there . So glad I left.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Appleton, WIApril 1, 2015
Pros: Talk on the phone all day, management is good
Cons: Work is tedious, co-workers are not too friendly
The work here can seem a little redundant, constantly doing the same thing. Management seems decent, always there to help. It's a large building and sometimes co-workers can seem a little cold
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCApril 1, 2015
Pros: Wonderful people to work with.
Cons: Unstable management
Worst company I have ever worked for. Horrible management. Unstable systems. The only thing I really like is the friends I have made and truly enjoyed working with them.
they help their emplyoees
Agent (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 31, 2015
We have food day for your team on certain days. The company sometimes have food day for the whole building. They also have an program if your house was to get burn down they will do donations.
Opportunity for advancement.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Work is available.
Cons: They don't want you to miss any work due to sickness or otherwise.
The people were enthusiasts and willing to work. Everyone encourage you to hang through training and the work will flow.They made you want to be at work and enjoy what you do.
Job Seekers Beware !!
Tech Support (Former Employee), Spokane, WAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: discriminatory, inconsistent
The benefits are GREAT, but not worth it. Manager (s) guidance completely inconsistent .You can and will be fired if you reach out for guidance and a different manager decides you're wrong. They will always review recordings for customers but not for an employee that did what they were told by another manager. There are tens of thousands of articles that give direction, but many of these are contradictory as well. And, you have to keep your handle time down, yet decide which article to follow, (if you can find it) or what manager to listen to. Very inconsistent in EVERY. area. If you need a job like NOW, then go there, but keep looking for something else still. Otherwise, you may be caught off guard. Don't believe Rene when he tells you they care, because they truly do not.
Account Management Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere, good pay/benefits.
Cons: Could be very stressful at times
Totally enjoyed this job, I learned to work with business customer's to ensure their needs were met in a timely fashion. Was terribly upset when the company decided to take the position back internally.
Job envoirnment was acceptable.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Good co-workers. Different shifts available.
Cons: Stressful envoirnment, management not accomodating to employee needs, pay was average.
I worked during the Christmas rush, so it was pretty stressful. Very busy, calls coming in one right after the other. The company micromanaged employees. You were allowed to use the restroom, but had a 3 minute time limit. The co-workers were great. The job was acceptable, but I feel could have offered so much more.
Productive work place.
Associate Director-Project Management (Current Employee), Texarkana, ARMarch 24, 2015
West Corp is a great place to work and provides great learning experiences. The company allows growth and assist in skill learning.
flexiable
customer service rep (Former Employee), el paso, txMarch 24, 2015
good place to work, very flexible. Not consistent with their script. The co-workers are great to work with, and the management was dependable.
A stop gap
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Reno NVMarch 23, 2015
Pros: enjoyed hiring/meeting people
Cons: managment was two faced
Although I enjoyed the actual part of my job (hiring people to work for West) I wouldn't recommend anyone working there. The management team is very willing to through you under the bus instead of assisting or training properly.
Nice place to work with good benefits
CSR (Former Employee), San Antonio, TxMarch 20, 2015
Pros: being able to help the people in need and make them feel better by doing everything i can
Cons: short breaks and having to deal with irate customers
I would take calls throughout the day, talking to customers about their CPS energy account. I would find out what the customers needed and help them to the best of my ability. I discussed bills with customers and helped try and prevent electric being cut off.
middle of the mid west
QA Analyst (Former Employee), omaha NEMarch 19, 2015
a typical day at west corporation starts with a cup of tea. It's not the best place to work at. West has always a lot of openings
Excellent Opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 15, 2015
Pros: Management
Cons: N/A
This was my first customer care position that required me to assist clients over the phone. I was nervous because of my lack of experience but the training program made the transition painless. I really enjoyed my time here & I would not hesitate to work here again.
I like working with the people
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 12, 2015
Pros: i like working with the people
Cons: we get advised to process a procedure one way one day the another way on a different day
I like working with the people. We get advised to process a procedure one way one day, then another day we are advised to process another way.
Business Care Representative (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 11, 2015
Business Care Representatives assist AT&T customers with billing issues, ordering new products, conducting internal credit checks, and general questions customers have pertaining to their services. Business Care Representatives who make their stats are put into training to become technical support representatives who assist customers with tier two support with coverage, and device issues, at times processing warranty exchanges, filing cases, and placing suspensions.
VERY EXCITING WORKPLACE
Performance Assessment Liaison (Former Employee), Hampton, VAMarch 10, 2015
ENJOYABLE JOB WITH OVERTIME IF NEEDED .ALSO THE OPPERTUNITY TO CRAETE YOUR OWN WORK SCHDULE FAST PACED AND VERY FRIENDLY WORKPLACE.
Nice place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 9, 2015
Pros: the pay
Cons: constantly changing company policy
Although it was a nice place to work, they typically did not keep employees very long. They also were constantly changing company policy as far as taking on extra work hours and whether or not you could choose to not work the hours and whether or not you could put those hours back into the system.
Great place to advance, it's afun environment and meet new people
Human Resource Receptionist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 7, 2015
I loved that I got t meet new people every day, I felt useful when applicants needed assistance and I enjoyed working with all my co-workers. I learned lots of new things in the human resource department because it was the first I had worked as a receptionist.

About West Corporation

Spoken every day, in every way. To many of the top companies in nearly every industry, West provides the technology and customized – Read more

West Corporation Salaries

$11.00 per hour
Customer Service/Sales Representative
$10.00 per hour

West Corporation Photos

Everywhere you turn at West, there is an opportunity to be had.
West Corporate Logo