West Corporation Employee Reviews

How I feel about West.
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 18, 2017
Every day was the same. Nothing new really happened. It was quite boring actually. I much prefer interacting with people and helping them. When you work at West, the job basically did itself. The customer would call in and have already put in all their information and we would just verify it to make sure it was right with company policies. Then help them with whatever problem they had, like ordering medicines or putting them on automatic refill. It was very easy.
Good company to work for
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 18, 2017
Handle all payroll task as well as tax issues. I also am involved with a lot of projects that require excellence in multi-tasking to ensure items get completed.
Pros
Great team and fun environment
Cons
Pay scale is on the lower end
Great place to start if you a young
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2017
Customer services job not bad Monday thru Sat 8 to 5 benefits ok pay alright for customer services good people around to work with not a bad job at all.
Pros
good place to start if your young
October 25, 2017

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts on your time at West and we wish you well in your career.

Healthcare
Health Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 17, 2017
Answer in-coming calls from patients trying to refill their prescription or calling about their account status. Verified insurance, scheduled appointments for patients.
October 25, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your experience working at West. We wish you much success in your future!

loved it all
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Douglas County, NEOctober 17, 2017
I was able to make my own hours, I was able to be a stay at home mom and work at the same time. work was great and easy. being able to take care of home and work was the best.
Competitive but lots of PTO and benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Sales Associate) (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 17, 2017
West has some excellent PTO, benefits, holiday pay, floating holidays, and decent pay for entry-level work especially with the extra bonuses you could earn.
Pros
Pto, pay, easy, bonuses.
Cons
Business casual dress for call center, evening shift doesn't have any close by food locations
October 25, 2017

We often hear from our employees that they love the generous paid time off which allows for a nice life/work balance. We appreciate your service to the organization!

telemarketing
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAOctober 16, 2017
I would have liked this job better if I could only do inbound calls however I was doing outbound most of the time. It was reguired that we make a certain amount of sales and that was hard over the phone.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
it was mostly outbound
terrible work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 16, 2017
The client came in and cleared out all upper management, but the ones that were left still fell back on what they knew, which was what the last management staff did.
Good job
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 15, 2017
Good times working over the phones with West Corporation. Some of my coworkers really loved overtime and West made it easy to obtain. Shift trading worked so a person didn't always need to dip into sick days for a day off.
Pros
STAR awards.
Cons
None I can name at this moment.
If you work hard you are rewarded
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 14, 2017
West is a great place to work. They constantly work with you to enhance your sales process. The managers are always looking for ways to better their employees
October 17, 2017

We appreciate you taking time to share your input on West as a current employee. Thank you for the positive comments!

Overworked, lack of communication and professionalism
Web Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MOOctober 13, 2017
Provide top of the line services that aid in helping the community. Outside of te very unprofessional Toronto team, those in MO were very caring and effective,
Pros
Management in Toronto was highly unprofession
Cons
net some very interesting folks
it was great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 12, 2017
it was great loved the people and helping customers the pay was great and working with customers was great as well. competitive on the floor to make call cuota but i loved it there
October 17, 2017

Competitive in all aspects!
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 12, 2017
If you are seeking a company that will keep you busy, challenge you to achieve goals and motivate you through various incentives - here you go! Career advancement opportunities, great benefits and the ability to work comfortably with a diverse group of people.
October 17, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on West as a current employee. We often hear from our employees that they appreciate the room for advancement and professional growth here at West. We appreciate your service to the organization!

Loved Working there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 11, 2017
The work day was unusual due to the fact you never knew what kind of calls you would get. I learned to be able to deal with people over the phone instead of face to face. West was a great company to work for had a lot of opportunities to advance, work overtime, to get bonuses, get free stuff from the clients. The environment was friendly and was a great atmosphere but the work itself was stressful and tiring. The most enjoyable part of the job was just the people.
Pros
Great opportunities for advancement
decent entry level job
AT&T customer service agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2017
the best thing about this place has always been the hiring process. you have to be there all day but you get hired on the spot. once on the actual production floor, standard call center stuff
Pros
great hiring process
Cons
major lack of career advancement
No Career Advancement
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2017
West Corporation is a balanced workplace, but the company does not offer any career advancement. Training was not thorough, management is not very strong in supporting employees.
October 17, 2017

We appreciate you taking time to share your input on West as a current employee. Thank you!

Very Cutthroat
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 9, 2017
i would not recomend this employer to anyone who is used to normal sales enviornments they want you to hit marks and if you dont you get scolded and treated like general garbage and ignored they set you up to fail
October 12, 2017

Productive and friendly work enviroment
Professional Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 9, 2017
Fast Pace, very structured professional environment.

Receiving incoming calls with high call volume throughout the entire shift.

Quality Driven, Talent Development.

Professional workplace culture.

Keeping coworkers from becoming discouraged, due to high call volume, by explaining the alternative is not having gainful employment or layoff, thereby not being productive.

the most enjoyable part of the job a West Corporation was keeping busy on a continual basis.
Pros
Professional
Cons
minumum time to get to know co-workers
stressful
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 9, 2017
Working at west was very stressful. The call volumes were high at times but I wasn't trained on good de-escalation tactics. Iwould not recommend West to anyone.
high call volume
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAOctober 8, 2017
calls tend to get repetitive...high call volume...pretty relaxed environment during downtime,, management kept it fun by providing incentives or doing games to help with meeting sales quotas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9