West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 1,033 reviews matching the search
west corporations
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 11, 2015
WEST corporations have always had an high turn over rate , so its really hard to grow or come up in the company. Pay is always great with them but I feel as if they wont give you a chance to build up with the company.
Pros
high pay
Cons
high turn over rate
a okay place to work
West is just one the places some like and some don't it is really a place you work that you have to deal with very rude customers and can be stressful if you can't deal with it.
Call center
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 9, 2015
West is like the typical call center. It keeps you on your toes. It is easy to get lost in the crowd. Busy and constantly buzzing.
Fast paced
Customer Serivce Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 9, 2015
A fast paced work environment with good employees and training program. What you would expect with your typical call center.
Ability to multi-task and interact with all employees within the organization
Employee Relations Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TexasOctober 9, 2015
Had the ability to multi-task and interact with all employees within the organization which made for a great way to develop and grow.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to train management, resolve conflict and the continuing ability to grow and learn while in the same position.

The downside was the amount of work and the "red tape" you had to get through to get EEO and OSHA complaints resolved due to too many levels of management to get through.

Towards the end there was a hiring freeze, raise freezes, continued lay-offs, site closures and a strained relationship between clients and West Corporation.
You're a body in a seat
Inbound Card Sales (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AlOctober 1, 2015
I worked on the American Express side and you definitely feel like a body in a seat that is easily replaceable and some supervisors actually will tell you that. If you keep your head down and work you'll get by for a little while. They are all about the numbers and not helping you grow.
super stressful calls
Billing Specialist AT&T & Product sales DirecTV (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2015
Billling department always got mad, aggravated or irate customers because of errors on their bills. Escalating calls to manager was difficult due to the ratio of complaints to managers.
Pros
good money
Cons
irate customers
Great Start
CLAIMS INTAKE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Claims IntakeSeptember 25, 2015
It's a great opportunity, wonderful for those just graduating. If you stick with it, you can definitely make it a career.
Pros
Hours, Incentives
Cons
Work Environment
Very good company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WISeptember 23, 2015
Loved working there. If my car hadn't quit on me I would still be there. Lots of room for advancement. Fun environment to be in.
Pros
Benefits and incentives
Cons
Slow elevators
I enjoyed working for Fanatics at West Corporation in Niles, Ohio.
AGENT "FANATICS" (Former Employee) –  Niles, OhioSeptember 22, 2015
The training for Fanatics was very good and the supervisors were very helpful. I would still be there, but it was a seasonal job.
Pros
This was a e-mail only position.
Cons
Seasonal only job.
Okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  san antonio txSeptember 22, 2015
Honestly I went into this job with little to no experience, but it was enjoyable and I learned quite a bit about telemarketing in the time I was there.
horrible
Production (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHSeptember 22, 2015
They dont work well with people when it is needed most. Especially in medical reasons. Even if you have a doctors note, they still write you up.
Good Times
Weekend/Nightshift Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 21, 2015
good times, fun people good experiences fast paced, always busy living experience. good people and lots of work. lack of communication lots of red tape and politics. felt like I was always walking on eggshell's. lack of management communication
Pros
good times small work comute
Cons
long hours, lack of communication.
fn worplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 21, 2015
I did enjoy my time at west corporation. As a customer service representative i was able to help the company clients meet their need. I had nice coworkers and a good work environment.
Busy Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 20, 2015
Call center. Did light technical assistance, made appropriate sales, Learned firsthand customer service and was very good at it, recieved many customer compliments.
Pros
Customer Compliments
Cons
Hostile work environment
Learned alot
Quality & Capacity Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 20, 2015
Great people kept the OKC location going as long as it did. Really good folks there, I learned a lot about people and character working there.
Pleasant and structured
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2015
A typical work day started at 7:30 am. I had clients I call upon all over the US. I offered them diabetic supplies and support. I enjoyed calling on my clients and building relationship over the phone with them.
great bonus potential
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 17, 2015
I have learned many things about sales, though it does require you to sit and talk on a phone all day. Management is personable, easy to speak with. It has a great bonus potential if you surpass the goals for the month which is fairly easy to do if you do the job.
Pros
great bonus, healthcare
Cons
sitting at a desk all day
Professional and Employee Oriented
Web, Video, and Streaming Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Valley, ALSeptember 16, 2015
Excellent employee atmosphere. All the benefits of working with an international company, while still maintaining the small business culture and values.
Pros
Advocate for personal/professional growth
Cons
Salary would be considered mid to low range within the industry
A great place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 16, 2015
TeleVox is a great place to work. Casual dress code, lots of fun. Challenging, interesting work. Lots of very nice people. No workplace is perfect, but this one is really special and I'm glad to be here.