West Corporation

West Corporation Employer Reviews

Very good work at home position.
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: work from comfort of home.
I really enjoyed my time and position with West Corporation. They are very organized, supportive and dependable.
loved the people i worked with
customer care agent (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: some poor management
At West Corporation I absolutely loved the people I worked with and meeting new people building friendships that lasted beyond employment there. However, the management was not so great in being helpful with certain goal meeting techniques i.e. being able to demonstrate how things should be done. I would have to say the hardest part of the job, was that things were constantly changing which put a lot of seasoned agents jobs in jeopardy for example certain stats were out of agents control but still heavily penalized.
Good Company
Service Assurance Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 12, 2015
Enjoyed the people I worked with and management seemed to care about their folks.
Unstructured
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), huntsville, alabamaJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: big groups, big teams, large amounts of overtime available
Cons: high turnaround, unstructured, no job security
This company taught me alot but the lack of structure to the organization made me uneasy throughout my time there.
Premier Services Counselor
Production/CSR (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 8, 2015
A typical day at work was answering telephone calls in a call center environment and made sure the members got taken care of in a courteous manor.

I gained a lot of telephone and computer experience and a lot of training that was job related.

Management came to me when they had questions that needed to be answered and valued my experience a lot.

There was nothing hard about the job and the employees, management and I worked close together to service the members and was a great group
productive
Customer Service (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 8, 2015
enjoy being able to work from home and having the opportunity to make your own schedule. Learned great customer service skills. Management is awesome. Nothing hard about the job.
good working environment
ATT Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: there is no limit to the amount of overtime you can pick up.
Cons: breaks can be pushed back depending on call volume and work schedules aren't very flexible.
- Working at west is being in a computer for 8 hrs/ full shift, answering incoming calls. I assisted customers with any billing inquiries, payments, basic phone troubleshooting, upgrades, as well as any account changes.
-I learned to use many systems like Torch, Clarify, System x, Telegence, just to mention a few; I also learned how to speak with customers over the phone to help ease their stress.
- Management at West is really good, they are always available to you when needed, however they don't work to well with your schedule.
-The hardest part of the job was learning so many new systems; the most enjoyable was being able to make a difference for those customers that called in, and help better their da.y by finding a solution to their problems.
Quality Assurance Supervisor
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 6, 2015
Conducting new hire training. Serving as a liaison between management and customer service advocates. Tracking quality trends and providing feedback.
Trainer
Trainer (Former Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: teaching people to help others.
Cons: the work hours
As a trainer, I instructed adults on how to help troubleshoot phone issues over the phone to T-mobile customers.
How THICK is your skin?
Production ATT NBO (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 5, 2015
The management is a passive observer the majority of the time. Willing to work with people to prevent infractions. Calls are a roulette of friendly problems and entitlement from others. The environment is friendly outside of the calls.
Wouldn't recommend to worst enemy
Team Lead (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches, working with good agents
Cons: everything else
Management lies to the clients and employees. They are sneaky, vindictive, and play favorites. Incentive reports are never right and upper management in Huntsville, AL is completely incompetent. They have unrealistic expectations for work/life balance. It's kind of rediculous to expect someone to work 60-80 hrs a week for 29k a year. Client and West objectives are mutually exclusive, as West does not care about employee welfare and only how to increase bottom line.
Inbound Customer Service Agent
Inbound Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCDecember 29, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: work hours
Great place to start out your career, this was my first job after college. Good place to start but not last forever...
Fun working enviroment
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 28, 2014
Pros: fun enviroment
Cons: no healthcare and low wage
Enjoy working with my coworkers. The management creates great games for incentives. We are put in different teams each month to help build on knowledge from other workers.
Inbound call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 27, 2014
West gave me the chance to work with Directv and AT&T wireless. West was the first company I learned working with customers on the phone. I achieved being one of the best agents working with both Directv and AT&T. I learned how to multitask with various systems fluently.
overall good people,
Facility Safety Specialist (Current Employee), Universal City, TXDecember 26, 2014
Pros: having a job
Cons: low pay and no raises
I typically have a good day at work, and get along with my co-workers,
I perform various duties during the day, watch cameras, receive mail, and handle sensitive information and the occasional emergency.
I've met several people and made a few friends along the way so that's the most enjoyable part of the job.
Intercall - Valley, AL
Clerk (Former Employee), Valley, ALDecember 23, 2014
This was by far the worst job experience of my 35 year work history! The position posted was very different than the actual job.During the interview process, I was asked how I handled bold personalities which, should have been a sure sign I was not right for the job! My co-workers were very negative and miserable with their job. I was told right away that they just tell it like it is and don't care how you feel about it. The conversations were laden with VERY inappropriate workplace discussions.

Not a place I would recommend to anyone!
Good place to start
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 22, 2014
Pros: good place to get experience
Cons: slow to no promotions without degrees even with experience
No raises for 5 years. People leave but are rarely replaced. Work is spread out. Most everyone is over loaded. Some departments are out sourced. Execs get bonuses while the workers are told sorry.
Loved helping the customers with what they needed.
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: clean environment
Cons: rules changed every few weeks.
Fun working with the public. Management could have been more helpful on teaching you what you needed to know in order to perform to perform at the best of your ability, instead of doing it for you. The rules of the job changed frequently, there was no long term rules and regulations.
Technical Support, AT&T
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Spokane, WADecember 22, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: favoritism, no opportunity to advance, unsanitary work environment
This is not a good place to work if you want to advance, unless you're someone's favorite, and it you want to maintain some hold on your sanity. The unveiled favoritism is disgusting, and upper management is a joke. Don't even try to take maternity leave either, they will fire you for "schedule adherence" five weeks in. Not to mention the building is filthy, and the a/c and heating don't work properly.
Taking phone calls explaining bils and helping customers understand
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 16, 2014
Pros: make alot of money
Cons: the job changes daily
billing explaination
how to throughly explain something
management is ok
co workers are ok
the hardest part of the job is easily making them understand
making sales

About West Corporation

Spoken every day, in every way. To many of the top companies in nearly every industry, West provides the technology and customized – Read more

West Corporation Photos