West Corporation

West Corporation Employer Reviews

west = bad company
CSR (Former Employee), spokane,waApril 29, 2014
Pros: hired and promoted even if you're an idiot
Cons: mostly like n.azi germany 1943
The culture there is a new agent gets better metrics and surveys so that is their justification for terminating vetran agents. Truth is they are so cheap and unhuman that they look to cut costs in any way including firing vets to avoid paying wage increases and pto, failing to consistantly provide sanitary wipes when you share desks with homeless people – more... (yes they hire anyone), and they won't even provide pen or paper!
Funniest part to see there is the countless times they hire someone new and quickly promote them to higher position before they know whats going on. West then tells them to get rid of a vetran because they are a bad seed and they have been trying to get rid of them forever. Then after the newb does their dirty laundry, West then gets them to quit or fires them by using character assassination techniques to pit employees against each other and create hostile work enviroments. I've seen this happen at every level including agent, sme, team lead, ots, operations manager, trainer, and even site director.
Lastly, West is a sign of our times. If it wasn't for the tax breaks and incentives they receive from federal, state and local gov't for each new hire (wotc credit is just tip of the iceberg) then they would retain employees and become a goog company. I wonder where i can find data on West's total number of employee on average compared to how many new hires per year and the amount of tax breaks they got? So basically our tax $s go into West's unhuman greedy pockets at the expense of a single mother who wins thier fire lottery who then ends up on unemployment or worse like welfare. No wonder our economy is so bad with companies like West allowed to do this. – less

18nair0r5b84gckn – May 11, 2014

A agent from downtown Spokane's Holly Mason building recently killed themselves and West's management threatens employees with termination if they discuss it! Yup, just like 1943!

18nair0r5b84gckn – May 13, 2014

Notice how most of the positive reviews of West Corp are only a line or two in length, lol so weak and without substance. Its funny how most there think they won't be fired when they see the constant training classes and turnover. I guess its true that some people do believe their own lies!

csr
CSR (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 28, 2014
Pros: very laid back workplace
Cons: being on the phones all day and dealing with rude clients
Very laid back work place,I learned a lot of my customer service from this job, my coworkers were very friendly and helpful there was really no hard part in this job it was very easy, I did not enjoy this job I like to be moving around on my feet and working not sitting and working it was just not for me.
West
Sales (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 27, 2014
Pros: great work schedule sometimes
Cons: no medical insurance
great hours, learned teamwork,
sometimes when the work slows down you are pooled in to other working projects or let go.
Certified nursing assistant/Phlebotomist
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rockford, ILApril 26, 2014
Performed a variety of routine blood drawing procedures. Prepared and organized patient specimens for testing.
very competitive but fun
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 24, 2014
Pros: great games and money prizes
Cons: not enough room for growth in company
Working for SIRIUS XM SATELLITE RADIO was an amazing experience being able to compete with my co workers to make each other better and overall to accomplish the goals both set out by our team leads and supervisors but also our company leaders.
worst job I've ever had!!!!
customer care specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 23, 2014
Cons: everything
If you want a job that you'll hate, go to work at West. If you enjoy being micro managed down to the hundredth of a second and think that performance evaluations once every few days are an attractive idea, go to work at West. If clicking a mouse a second too soon is reason enough to be written up, even though it had no bearing on the job you did, go – more... to work at West. If you don't want to advance or climb the corporate ladder or get any kind of raise in pay to speak of, go to work at West.
During my five months there,( I couldn't take it any more. I had my previous job before West for 16 years btw) at least 50 people came and went. Either being fired for ridiculous reasons or quitting.
The company as a whole is absurd. They require you to lie as part of the job( ie. if you pc crashes while conducting business you must tell clients your pc is "performing updates" and other little white lies), provide no reliable, valuable solutions for the companies that contract them and have the mentality and morals of a prison guard. Actually that's not fair to prison guards. – less
Stress free environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 23, 2014
Cons: shortbreak, healthcare
A typical day for me involves responding to customers via email. We take calls as well, but generally we receive more emails than calls. I've improved my ability to handle irritate customers. The management staff for our line group is very hands on. My coworkers are very easy to work with. There is not really a difficult task with my job. However, this – more... position does require constant training with technology and changes are frequently made. – less
Fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXApril 22, 2014
Overall great experience at this job. I had great team members, and we all got alone very well. We always looked out for each other and got things done as a team.
hostile work environment
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), reno, nvApril 22, 2014
Telecommunications assist customers with problems and issues with accounts. Provide great service and work with the customer to resolve complaints and problems.
Hire and fire work environment
Inbound calls for Altlel phone company
Agent (Former Employee), universal city,TXApril 22, 2014
Very nicer job flexible schedules and good money..Did a lot of company WAYS TO MAKE MORE MONEY rewards for good call time and QA scoring
It's a J-O-B that barely pays the bills. About all I can say.
Consumer Relations Agent (Current Employee), Appleton, WIApril 21, 2014
Pros: always getting free lunches and stuff but sometimes that can be a bad thing
Cons: pay is horrible, feel like a slave connected to a headset, the list goes on
It's a call center. You are expected to do everything perfectly and keep your metrics perfect, all while the rules and procedures are constantly changing. A typical day at work can be described as stressful and confusing. I'm being honest. Way too much expected for way too little pay and benefits.
N/A
Residential Billing Representative (Former Employee), Pasco, WAApril 17, 2014
Worked as a residential billing and sales rep though AT&T. Selling to customers who were angry about billing or disconnections was very difficult. Eventually, West closed. I learned serveral different computer programs and phone programs.
Working at West Corporation
Sales Associate (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: long enough breaks, commission
Cons: rude customers
Working at West Corp. was an interesting experience. I met a lot of great people but also a lot of rude and quiet people. My typical day at work involved me calling Direct TV customers to ask them if they would like to upgrade their current packages for a limited price or even free for a certain amount of time. I learned how to work with others as a – more... team and became better at communicating with others. My co-workers were great people. We became like a family after working so long together and training together. I think that the hardest part of the job was trying to communicate with rude customers only because they wouldn't listen to what you had to say and would hang up. But then the most enjoyable part of the job was having a customer listen and accept the upgrade. I talked to many nice people. – less
Security
Facility Safety Specialist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 16, 2014
Great Place to work lots of room for advancement. Great people to work with.
Easy job for college students
OTS (Former Employee), San AntonioApril 16, 2014
Cons: very high turnover rate
Good place to work if you value steady work without many changes. Advancement opportunities rely on who you know and which project you're assigned to at employment. Compensation matches the complexity of the work, but raises or additional compensation are rarely seen. Employment may end abruptly when a project closes.

Perks are pot lucks, sales contests – more... with prizes and yearly employee days. Negatives are the managers who don't work with each other so info gets lost in translation, and expensive healthcare options. – less
Typical job duties.
AT&T Technical Support Agent (Current Employee), Reno, NVApril 15, 2014
Call center AT&T, where I support customers with online billing and account issues. I also help customers having data connectivity issues and provide thorough support and problem resolution for customers.
Sales Rep
Customer Care & Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 15, 2014
Served as customer care for AT&T, provide accurate information to customers about statement, services and plans, I learn about customer service and also made transition from service to do a sale, management was not that great there were no compensations for sales, my co-workers were amazing it was an Hispanic culture, hardest part was pressure without – more... compensation, talking to my culture and helping costumers in Spanish was the best. – less
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Niles, OHApril 14, 2014
West allowed for opportunity to grow. It provided a freedom to create your own work schedule which made me want to work. I loved my time of employment at West. The best part of the day was the atmosphere that was created by our supervisors.
this is not a place you advance in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 14, 2014
Pros: if your new to customer service this job will help you with your skills
Cons: no room for advancement.
leave before you get fired. its kind of like working at mcdonalds because your unemployed at the time. you just need a job until you find a career
Productive work place with great coworkers and Teamwork
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 14, 2014
Pros: hour lunches, 40+hours, great resume building company
Cons: for the ammount of responsibility we have, the pay could be better
The company is a great company to work for if you can get by on a lower income. Teamwork is amazing and management is very helpful at resolving issues. Salary is not that great but it is a great place to build up your resume. I built great relationships inside At&t's staff and with their customers as well

About West Corporation

Spoken every day, in every way. To many of the top companies in nearly every industry, West provides the technology and customized – Read more

West Corporation Photos