West Corporation

West Corporation Employer Reviews

Hated the job
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 7, 2014
Not a positive work place very hard to move up within company
computer skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJuly 6, 2014
working for West Corporation was a new experience for me, I had previously been in Retail, although I was able to bring along the experience from my previous job onto my new job. along with that I learned thing, such as, learning all information I needed to learn old and new about the company I was working for so that I can assist each calling customer – more... in the best and most effective manner I could. constant phone calls where also new to me, so I was able to end a call and open a call within 2 seconds. I also learned to maneuver their system in order to set up appointments for customer, document and information given while on the line along with documenting the phone call for the next associate to have insight on previous problems. my coworkers and manager where very helping people, we were able to assist old and newly hired workers with what we have learned while also learning new thing together. I enjoyed this job because I enjoy helping customers. – less
Productive, fun place to work, great people
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 1, 2014
I talk to great people on the phones; while troubleshooting, I get to meet these customers and also tell them about myself.
I have learned a great deal about being a representative and successfully handling someone's personal account.
The management is great and easy to work with, and since my first day with the company, everyone has always treated – more... me kindly.
The hardest part of the job is when a person is in desperate need of their device, but having to tell them a resolution is not going to be coming until at least 3-5 business days (i.e. warranty replacement, case, commitment, etc)
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and sharing stories with each other – less
Enjoyable workplace
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Reno, NVJune 30, 2014
Sell multiple mass media products over the phone for AT&T.
Management for a third party company was kind of shaky
Okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 29, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: not enough hours
Really like working for them because you can choose your own hours.
Not a bad company
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Spokane Valley, WAJune 29, 2014
There were good to their employees but at times can be a little too micromanaged.
Excellent flexibility it work time.
Customer Service Agent in the Direct Response (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJune 24, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no benefits
I have been able to balance my work and home responsibilities in this job. I've learned that I'm capable of handling sales of a variety of products. The management team is very professional and does its best to ensure we are comfortable in what we are doing.
Great Company
PAL Supervisor (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 24, 2014
My typically day was spent communicating via email and chat with clients, at home workers, and my team. I really enjoyed and appreciated my management team, my team, and the at home workers.
The most difficult thing about my job was chopping up and rehabbing training and client needs to be understandable by not only my team but the at home worker.
x
Manager, Information Services (Current Employee), Appleton, WIJune 23, 2014
lots of politics, they promote from within but most of those folks are not smart enough to be managers.
Customer Care Associate
Customer care Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2014
Pros: working with friendly people
Cons: no having enough time to leave for lunch
Answering customer call in a timely fashion, and being able to explained what the Freestyle Promise Program is and how we can benefit the. Completing enrollment into our program, Placing orders for Glucose meter base on insurance type. My co-workers are very diverse. I enjoy helping them and learning from them. The hardest part of my job is explained – more... to some customer why we are not able to help them with the cost of the testing strip for there meter. The most enjoyable part of the job is explaining to customer we can help with with the cost of testing or even providing information that will help them. – less
Various projects offering various opinions.
Marketing Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2014
Pros: location to home, co-workers, projects that i worked on
Cons: lack of advancement, favoritism amongst co-workers to management.
Throughout the years, I worked on various projects that West had on site and all had their ups and downs. The co-workers were always a perk to work with because they kept things interesting. The training was not that bad either, but it just seemed like they lacked the energy to involve the other employees/trainees to get into the job.

I did not like – more... the fact that they would sometimes close projects unexpectedly and they expect you to go to another project that offers less without denial. Also, the use of old computers and overcrowding of call centers would make a work shift difficult also. – less
West
tech (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJune 19, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: customers
okay job over all the pay was good some employees make you day so much better and some make it worse
A company who is all about excellence to its customers, and the employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Niles, OHJune 19, 2014
Pros: knoweledgable supervisers, excelent trainings, and good pay rate
Cons: to far from my home
My position at west was very rewarding. I learned a lot about computer application and how to provide excellent customer service. They train all their employees well.
productive but quite stressfull
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLJune 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch during certain holidays
Cons: short breaks
West helped teach me to be more understanding to customers on the other side looking in and to provide as much help as I could.The hardest part about working in West is dealing with irate customers and the high turn over rates.The most enjoyable part of West was winning prizes and dancing
if I could give less than a single star, I would
AT&T customer service rep (Former Employee), spokane waJune 12, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
Worst job I have ever had, even the fact I was trying to help people out, could not compare to the berating and daily if not weekly changes they are always making to procedures \ processes, that they themselves are not willing to follow. The lowest employee will be held accountable and fired.
pleasant place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJune 12, 2014
Get logged in the system start taking calls and troubleshoot customer issues
work
Assistant Manager/Cashier (Former Employee), tarboroJune 12, 2014
I love to work with people, I love to try new things, im always on time for a job,
Fast paced and routine
Call center tech (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 11, 2014
I answered 150+ calls daily. With an array of reasons for the calls. I learned better ways of communicating and explaining things to customers. Management was helpful in my training to assist customers.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 9, 2014
Cons: management
Enjoyed the job itself, I love helping people. Management on the other hand was terrible. There were statutes in place by the client that were only observed when the client was physically present in the facility. If you weren't up to par they would terminate you no questions asked. You wouldn't get a chance to come up to par as the statutes that were – more... supposed to be enforced never were. Other than that I really enjoyed the position. – less
Large sporting goods retailer / wholesaler with a small town feel.
Credit & Collection Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 9, 2014
Family owned sporting goods retailer / wholesaler that grew its sales revenue tremendously in the late 80's then again in the mid 90's while maintaining a small, local business feel.

About West Corporation

Spoken every day, in every way. To many of the top companies in nearly every industry, West provides the technology and customized – Read more

West Corporation Photos