West Corporation

West Corporation United States Employee Reviews

HORRIBLE
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Beaumont TxFebruary 13, 2015
Worked in Beaumont Tx and they're very unorganized and unprofessional. Have a lot of favoritism and management being involved in mess going on at this location. Its bad enough that we have to deal with the angry customers but, the agents as well as supervisors being involved? Really bad environment! Wouldn't recommend to anyone.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: learning new things everyday
Cons: working 70 + hours a week
Typical day at work was coming in and answering phones all day. I learned the aspects of what benefits are and how to process a claim. Hardest part of the job was trying to be empathic to a provider that is very rude. Just smile through the phone is what you need to do.
Absolutely horrible
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee), Erie, PAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: no longer in business
Cons: everything else
This is the most terrible place I have ever worked in my life. The pay wasn't great for all I did, the employees were all on all kinds of different drugs. It was ran like a prison, and any place that you cry at the mere mention of even go there to work should probably close down. As this place did. About time.
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, okFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: being a hero
Cons: no room for growth
West is a company that is subcontracted to handle customer service by the highest bidding American Corporation. High call volume, small clientele yet big enough for supply and demand. Not a lot of clarity as to processes and procedures, terrible benefits, and no room for growth. I learned a lot about personality types and how to cope with any type. The most enjoyable part of the job is being someone's hero for the day by actually providing the customer with services needed.
Was like family
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: friendships, laughter, free siriusxm service
Cons: rejection after rejection, poor parking
As every job it has it's pro's and cons. The pro's with working with west was the amount of energy we all brought to work, was made to feel very comfortable and accepted and it seemed like we were just one big happy family. We worked on multiple programs daily as customers called in, we had pot lucks, out of work BBQ's and just really enjoyed being part of a team. The hardest part of the job would be rejection but I dont think it is just with the job itself it is in life no one wants to be rejected but you just learn to move past it and throw a smile on your face and remind yourself its ok.
Lack of management knowledge, untrustworthy and deceitful.
Aetna (Current Employee), TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management, limited o.t. hours.
I would not recommend working for this company at all other than just a quick job for some quick money. DEFINITELY NOT A CAREER MOVE! Let me give you some examples of what you may run into while working for West...

(1) Management: Always just gives you any answer instead of researching the issue, they do this to get you out their faces so they can go back to walking around not doing work throughout the day....Watch out for evening supervisors, their the worst cause call volume is usually slow after 5 and upper management goes home.

(2) Supervisors Personal Relationships With Employees: Theres so many people/sups in here who are having relationships with each other its ridiculous!..If you read the other reviews, they say "nobody that does good hard work is promoted, only the ones who are buddy buddy and who kiss butt and go to lunch and breaks with their supervisor/SME"

(3) They will tell you anything to get you in the door, once your out of training (Which is extremely strick for some projects) you will see that half the things you was told was a lie... Ex: If you work 40 hours your a full time employee with benefits...LIE!..They will hire you as a temp employee just so they don't have to give you benefits for as long as they want...Then they end the project unexpectedly. (Which they can do because their 3rd party, doesn't have same guidelines as regular companies)

The worse part for working for West is that their a 3rd party employer so you make half the money you can potentially make working for that company directly...Example. Aetna/West-$11 HR....Aetna Directly $13-16 HR.
Good work environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Go to work and answer phones and help customers. You get to socialize with co workers in between calls that makes the day a little better
very controling
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: short break
took calls for toys r us, helped track packages, talked to customers and employees. helped customers place orders online and over the phone.
Work load is very acceptable but Corpoarate attitude is very poor
High Speed Data Order Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: work level
Cons: top executives
While giving millions of dollars in bonuses to high ranking executives, no salary increases were given to employees stating the reason that is "is just not in the budget". Many employees went without an increase in salary for close to nine years while insurance an other benefits increased in rates.
Coworkers are the best part
Data Service Manager (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 3, 2015
Coworkers and management are the best part. Pay raises every 5years and no severance for those let go due to center closing.
The job was easy, but the environment wasn't pleasant
CCP- AMEX Assurance Company (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: enjoyable job, pleasant coworkers & supervisors
Cons: no benefits, fear of losing job, morale was low
I really enjoyed the job that I did while working there. The job itself was fairly easy, but it could get very stressful & became very repetitive. While the managers were rather pleasant, the actual environment itself didn't make anyone feel at ease in regards to their job. We would always feel like we could lose our job at any moment & the people who were most deserving of bonuses rarely got them due to the system in which they based how bonuses were given. The benefits were also a joke.
Nice people to work with
Sales/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityJanuary 30, 2015
They Laid us all off. But it was a good company. I learned a lot about cold calling. Worked 8 hours m /f. Hardest part getting hung up on a lot.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: open holidays
Fast paced, bonus motivated. fast turn-over of employees.
Just a paycheck.
CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunches, two 15 min breaks, potlucks, overtime, post your hours, decent pay.
Cons: management is a joke, don't plan to move up unless your a favorite, no benefits
At the West i worked at there were 3 company's that went thru West At&t, Direct Tv, And Citi Bank Credit Cards. All 3 were different in pretty much every aspect, so i can only give my review of the department i worked for (Citi). The training was 2 weeks long and you learn everything you need to know to do your job after training, which don't get me wrong was the easiest job I've ever had. Callers would call in and apply for credit cards, you just put in the information, and hit submit. Occasionally you get a bad transfer from some other department in Citi bank, but you jet transfer back to the correct department. You can pick up hours or post as many hours as you want hence the 5 stars for job work/ life balance. The pay was decent, but with no benefits. Job security is very good i myself along with many others would always be late and call in, but theres a process which usually went as follows, usually 2 verbal warnings (coaching), then the write ups (steps) step 1 if you don't fix the problem that got you the write up in 2 weeks you get another step, all the way up to a step 3. After a step 3 if you still don't fix the problem your terminated. This whole process of getting fired takes about a month and a half, so you have a decent amount of time to fix your problem. Management is poor, and here is why. Your team lead (manager) seems decent enough while giving your weekly Qa (west pulls 1 call to grade each week) with a good amount of smart a** thrown in, decent enough. Heres where they get 1 star. All the managers will talk behind your back in very bad ways( as i heard for – more... myself overhearing them talk to each other) about you and many other employees. If they don't like you they will push for you to get a step for the littlest things that most other employees don't get in trouble for(using your cell phone, being late etc.). If your one of they're favorites you usually can get away with pretty much anything including using your cell phone they will just tell you to put it away. The managers are like little kids they will literally power walk to you if they think your on your phone just to try and catch you ( the reason why i bring up the cell phones is because if they catch you on it its a immediate step 3), They have no idea what they are talking about besides what they read on they're computers. 2 team leads that are no longer there used to hit up on all the girls that worked there ( 1 got fired for being to touchy lol), they will all try and talk down to you like if your a child unless you speak up for yourself. I really doubt they have any degree of some kind but o well. The people working there are pretty cool decent hard working people who deserve a raise since thats no where to be found here unless you apply for a higher position, but no one seems to mind they're own business except for a few, but i can't really blame them we were all stuck in a room elbow length from everyone else. Finishing up this review i would have given 4 stars overall if it wasn't for the childish managers, I myself am glad i left. – less
fairlly good company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: constantly changing company policy
Although was able to pick up extra hours and give away hours; their policy on this was consistently changing. They did have problems with their kiosk system as far as being able to give away extra hours that I had picked up and found out that I could not work it.
Repetative
Consumer Welcome Call (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Show up at work, go to your seat and clock in. Not much time to get to know your other co-workers. Sit in a seat at a computer all day saying the same thing over and over.
Typical call center job
Shift Support Specialist (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: good for people just out of high school
Cons: closely monitored breaks, stressful atmosphere
The general feeling of the center you get is "rushed and cobbled together." It's a youthful workplace in that most of the employees are in the age range of about 18-24. There are older folks who have been on the phones for 5-10+ years. During training you can be fired and hassled for the most inconsequential things, and management in general is unsympathetic to its employees and care more about call metrics. The systems and phones are clunky and outdated but I suppose they do their job.
I would recomment this company to anyone who is able and willing to work part time or full time. It is a great place to work.
CSA (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 24, 2015
My typical day at work wold be to come in the door and get to my seat asap. Start taking calls and make sure that a supervisor is around for any calls that are not going well. Do my job to the best of my ability. Never complain about nothing. I learned that the job I had was a great job and its a great place to work. Management was awesome. If we ever needed them they were right there to provide assistance no matter what the situation was. My co workers were very polite and kind. If they needed my help they would come and get me to finish up the call if the person didnt know english. The hardest part of the job was taking the calls where the member was very upset. They would cuss at me and call me names. That's when I would raise my hand for the supervisor to take the call at that time. The most enojoyable part of the job was being around my co workers and my supervisors. They always seem to make the environment smooth and layed back.
Amazing Co-Workers
Customer Care Specialist/ Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: old facility and dirty working conditions
I liked my co-workers on the team. I was able to gain and develop my account payable skills. As a member of the fraud investigation team I had more time to listen to the customer's needs and find satisfactory solutions.
Great place to work.
Advanced Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJanuary 20, 2015
If you show up on time and work hard, there's no better place.

About West Corporation

Spoken every day, in every way. To many of the top companies in nearly every industry, West provides the technology and customized – Read more

West Corporation Salaries

$11.00 per hour
Customer Service/Sales Representative
$10.00 per hour

West Corporation Photos

Everywhere you turn at West, there is an opportunity to be had.
West Corporate Logo