West Corporation Employee Reviews

good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2017
This place was a good place to work, just the hourly pay wasn't enough to live off of. I liked my supervisor and manager. The project I worked for was through CPS and it wasn't a stable project either, which they ultimately lost the contract with.
i hated working for west
Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 17, 2017
I hated working for west horrible customers usually rude ones. hated having to read a script when i would answer the phone calls having to take information from people sucked couldn't get a restroom break
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  BATON ROUGE, LADecember 15, 2017
Being a csr and helping the people with theyre problems was fun and joyous and the same time. I love to talk so interacti ng with them was a piece of cake
Desired work field
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 15, 2017
Sadly this company closed shortly after i left. great company to work for. unlimited overtime and the benefits were doable and paid time off is always a great thing!
Easy Job with Great Staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 14, 2017
During my time at West Corporation I learned to multitask and work directly with customers to solve everyday billing issues. It was an easy good learning experience.
call center
PAL/Inbound Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 14, 2017
Call center environment. fast paced. had goals to meet. customer service calls. calls for shopping network. and work at home agents. supervisor calls find items.
West corporation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCDecember 12, 2017
I didn't like working there very unprofessional and I would never recommend it just simply based off the attitudes of the workers and mainly the management
Awesome PTO, low pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 11, 2017
-Lots of PTO
-No overtime
-Low pay
-Flexible full-time hours
-Great managers
Working here isn't terrible. The only thing I want is more pay. I also don't like office jobs.
Pros
Pto, 3 breaks
Cons
Pay, no opportunity for overtime, unpaid lunch
It was alright.
Technical Support Trainer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 10, 2017
I learned a lot from this place, but you get out of it what you put into it. I was promoted before a year and worked my butt off. It was awesome because it gave me professional skills that I will use the rest of my life.
Sales sales sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIDecember 10, 2017
Sales is the bottom line. They lure you in with bonus opportunity. Then weed you out once you start struggling with no help from management if you are not a top seller.
Started off good, then no hours. May be out of business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 9, 2017
Sign in and take calls for various clients through the years. From sales calls for seen on tv products, to satellite radio, cell phones, setting appts for repairs, to activating gift cards. Learned how to adapt to new software for each project periodically. Not much in management. No team leaders or supervisors. On your own. No chats or interaction with anyone unless you did something wrong and then you didn't know the person. Started off being able to fill all your hours working for up to 4 clients. Then it was working for just one and you had to go in and find hours, no schedule was fixed. Wound up not getting enough hours because they would all get taken and you would never know when they would put hours out. I did enjoy working with the customers and during peak times the pay would go up extremely.
Pros
Working w/customers, sometimes big pay
Cons
No benefits, self employed, no guarantee of hours or anything
Productive and fun
Production Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 9, 2017
Call center , changes daily, dealt with difficult customers, fun relaxed work environment, I enjoyed my work while I was there, The worst part was company did not offer any benafits unless you where salaried.
Pros
fun work enviroment
Cons
health care
very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 7, 2017
I loved the pay at the time. If you like to answer phones all day you would love working there. I think the manager could have did a better job at the time.
Pros
pay was fair
Cons
answering the phone all day
Desperation in the air
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2017
West is not a fair employer. The company uses all manner of rules and metrics to cut or outright deny employees their bonuses. The company feels like it it on the brink of collapse (at least in San Antonio). The whole leadership has a strong bias against the San Antonio location and West's midwest location receives favored treatment in terms of the calls and cues their teams are placed in. I hated the job.
Pros
it was close to home
Cons
everything else
It is a call center with poor management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 6, 2017
The promises aren't kept and its your typical job center/call center type job. Bonuses are really hard to achieve because they set the bar way to high. Lots of expectations with little to no management to help. Culture is terrible. High turnover.
Not much of a fun work place
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 5, 2017
Learned different things about fedex freight and fedex ground. Learn about different oppurtunities that fedex offers. Different price ranges, Management was okay. Wasnt really any hard part of the job. Pretty much taking and making phone calls to discuss different options with customers.
All sales, making cold calls
Associate (Current Employee) –  WisconsinDecember 5, 2017
Very repetitive, almost all jobs involve cold calls and sales which is monotonous and you get hung up on often. You have to have a lot of grit to work here.
Pros
Pto
Cons
No room for advancement, no competitive pay
Stressfull
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 5, 2017
Issues among leaders that unfortunately went all the way down to floor employees, Supervisors were stressed and transmitted that to all employees. Mandatory overtime.
Pros
bilingual
Cons
bad management
Fast-paced environment
Inbound Sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 5, 2017
This was a great job in learning to do sales over the phone. Fortunately, I was with inbound sales which made it easier to attain sales numbers; however, I heard customer service could be a nightmare at times.
Pros
Paid training
N/a
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 3, 2017
good calm and decent place to work
proprietary languages, tools, and products with outdated technologies
decent management.
helpful and expertise teams

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9