West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,209 reviews matching the search
Good place to work at to get your foot in the door
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIJanuary 31, 2017
Training needs to be better there, huge turnover rate!
Management is okay, could be better
Can be very stressful
Could also upgrade the technology and headsets, especially being a telecommunications company...
February 15, 2017

Thank you for providing a review of West as we always appreciate hearing from our current employees. Your comments help our efforts to continuously improve as we look to create a positive work experience for all employees.

Fun place to work and learn great skills.
Sales, customer service, and troubleshooting (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 21, 2016
My job there really pulled greatness out of me. I enjoyed learning sales call skills along my peers. The hardest part of my job was the constant change that caused an unsettling feeling. The most enjoyable part of the job was challenge I was faced when making cold calls. My typical day consisted of =making outbound cold calls to sway customers to change to AT&T phone service.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks
Good, stable job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 21, 2017
I loved everything about this job: the hours, culture and the job itself wasn't pushing people to buy. It was helping the customer with their needs.
Pros
Great people and culture
Cons
Inflexible on unexcused time, if you don't have PTO you're out of luck.
February 27, 2017

We appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts on your current experience with the company. We are glad to hear you’re enjoying your job and finding your coworkers and the company culture fulfilling.

Terrible place to work
Webmaster (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 27, 2017
Global corporation who does not care about their employees. If you want a life, don't work for them. HR department is awful. Manger are rude and promise the world but never deliver.
Pros
youre always being watched
Cons
terrible managers, bad HR department
Nice company to work.
Operation Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 22, 2017
Work atmosphere was good. Not much opportunity to grow and move around. Management was good, especially appreciate my supervisor who provided support while I was there for only a year. Pay was on the low side but not too bad.
February 27, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your experience at West and we appreciate your year of service to the company.

Provides secure income
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 13, 2016
Working with customers over the phone can sometimes be challenging and it was difficult to learn how to handle some situations, but the management team provided support and eventually it became second nature to provide excellent customer service.
A Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 16, 2016
The project I worked and majority of the team leads did not make this position worth getting up in the morning and coming to. They were not treating everyone with the same attitude, showing favoritism, no proper training, etc. I hope they have gotten better working with employees
Productive, energetic, positive atmosphere
CSR (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 13, 2016
Fellow employees are entergetic positive, learnedto acess client accounts, make payments using software system provided, didn't have much help on the floor, but learned technical support techniques and bettered my customer service rapport. The hardest part was keeping the customers happy. the most enjoyable part was working hard to keep the customers happy.
Pros
the pay
Cons
to quick in training, rushed onto floor without floor help
The particular job I had was affiliated with AT&T, which I had working knowledge of.
CSS-CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 12, 2016
While I had more structured hours at West, my job responsibilities changed 5 times within a two year time span. The job was considered "contract work", and was subject to be closed at any given time. I left the company to try and find something that was not a temporary fix.
Pros
Steady hours.
Cons
Poor management, for the most part, and too many job function changes.
The Hampton location has been closed for 5 years
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 9, 2016
Hampton call center is no longer operational. It was basic inbound call center environment. They had a few contracts. Bank of America was one of the largest. They also handled payment info for Psychic Hotline
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32505February 20, 2017
I think that is could be a more productive work place if there wasn't a seating , parking issue and it was more cleanly and the monitor system was better.
Pros
Kiosky, able to post and pick up
Cons
Short breaks, no Seats, Cleanilness
phone work
Provisioning Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2017
typical phone work company. the benefits were Ok. Huge amounts of overtime, as much as you could work, at the time that I had worked there. Advancement was somewhat Ok.
Pros
OT hours
Cons
30 min lunches, not a whole of advancement opportunities.
Time at West
Supervisor/Team Lead/ Subject Matter Expert (ESPN (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 18, 2016
I liked my job because I worked for the ESPN line group and love sports. The group I worked for made my experience with West what it was. I wouldn't have enjoyed my time as much if I hadn't worked with this department.
Pros
flexibility
productive work environment
CSR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2017
this is a great place to work with halfway decent pay, and decent benefits. the work however, is a little boring. the most enjoyable part of this job is that the day will go by pretty quickly.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
work is montanenous
January 23, 2017

We appreciate you taking time to write a review on your time at West. We wish you well in your future endeavors and hope West has contributed to building your skills through your experience here.

West Corp
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 4, 2017
West is very family-oriented, had very good pay, however I would say that there seemed to be a lot of favoritism amongst the managers. There was a good amount of advancement opportunities, though.
Pros
Good advancement opportunities
Cons
Favoritism.
Great work environment
AT&T Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 26, 2016
I really enjoyed working at west because you were split into groups and I was a lucky one and got a good group. but we also became a family we didnt get to socialize as often at work because we were on the phones all day. but it was really fun, great pay and benefits i would love to work there again.
Not a good place to work
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILSeptember 14, 2016
The company has poor quality management. Training is very rushed for the expectations of management when you hit the floor is too high from the beginning. Management is not supportive of the staff at all, and there is a lot of covering from management and corporate when they mess up and are at fault. Just not a positive environment to work in with the high school mentality.
Overall Experiance
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Answer calls for Diminon Gas Company, call rep.

Accomplishments
Learned quality , have 6 months of experience , learned how to explain billing accounts .

Skills Used
Typing , quality , answering calls the proper way .
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great job for high school grads
Listener Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 10, 2017
Friendly staff and friendly workers but that's all that's great about this place. Workplace was unsanitary at times, pay is horrible, and management is clueless
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Horrible pay
Unprfessional Call Center
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 2, 2016
I was not happy with this company because of the management and the lack of knowledge they had with the job inside the call center that we had. We had no one to ask if we needed help. It was all individual hands on learning. This could definitely be the reason why the branch I was working in shut down. There was an upside to the job and that was helping customers with their questions and technical problems with the banking mobile app. It's always nice to end a phone call with a customer satisfied.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9