West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,134 reviews matching the search
Company was sold from under our feet
Alorica - Facility Management Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 13, 2016
Sold the company to Alorica after a lot of growth was promised. I completely restructured the 2 facilities in New York, 1 in Virginia, 1 in Georgia, 1 in Louisiana, 2 in Texas and 1 in Arizona.
Cons
fast paced, poor customer service expectations
AT&T Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 12, 2016
A typical day at West was very fast paced. We were constantly in need to get off one phone call and proceed to the next. I learned I prefer to work with customers to help with any issues in person rather than by phone. Management was good as well as he coworkers. The hardest part about the job was the limited time on call to assist customers, but the help from coworkers ad assistance to do better was wonderful.
Pros
Assistance from coworkers to better myself
Cons
Limited time on calls to assist customers
distance from home acceptable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 10, 2016
In a call center environment everything is different than other offices. Everything is done via computer and emails. I did learn a lot about how a call center works since I was promoted twice while I was employed there.
There were over 800 employees and a few I remain friends with. My immediate coworkers were top notch!
The hardest part of the job was the schedule changes.
Learning new skills was the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Close to home
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 9, 2016
• Processed incoming calls to provide customers with accurate information
• Addressed customer concerns while maintaining professional attitude
• Worked well as part of sales team to achieve set goals
The Hampton location has been closed for 5 years
Hampton call center is no longer operational. It was basic inbound call center environment. They had a few contracts. Bank of America was one of the largest. They also handled payment info for Psychic Hotline
West Corp
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 8, 2016
entry level management firm, could use improvement; overall fair place to work. Pay is not competitive with the work that you do; industry pay is higher.
i loved it
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 6, 2016
working there was a very good experience, sometimes i wish i could go back, i hate the fact that i got sick and couldn't work there anymore, they treat you with the upmost respect and we were well paid,
Great Company
Conference Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Point, GADecember 5, 2016
Company is great working for, lots of activities and chances to learn more. CoWorkers are friendly, good over time during earnings, pay okay could be better
high turnover
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 5, 2016
the staff was fair and there are a lot of people here, though there is always office mess going around and they have a very high turnover rate!! but the pay is good
Good place for someone needing a quick and easy place of emoloyment
Senior Event Specialst (Current Employee) –  West Point, GADecember 1, 2016
This is a good place to start out, you can't really promote very quickly, and your options are very limited. Some of the management is great, others are terrible. They choose favorites and don't make everyone follow the same rules.
Pros
Decent wages. You habe chances to promote
Cons
Very disorganized, very slow with promotions.
Inbound Phone Sales
Inbound Telesales (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 30, 2016
You are required to meet a quota and percentages. Even if you are get.ting a spam phone call, you are required to try to convert that call into a sale. Lunches vary from day to day. Required overtime almost on a daily basis
Not a very enjoyable place to work
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 29, 2016
I chose to be employed at this company only due to location and ease of access to my son, as I was a single parent at the time. The company has a very high turn over rate and treats everyone as just a number. there is no sense of security within this company at the lower levels.
A day at West Teleservices
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 26, 2016
I started off on the phones in sales, then I went customer service and then floor manager.
I enjoyed my job a lot. I love helping people and sales.
Pros
I enjoyed helping people. It was rewarding
Cons
N/a
very productive, always kept busy, always challenging us to reach higher goals
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 25, 2016
We would answer incoming calls from customers concerning their bill and services. I learned to manage the company's computer systems and be able to multi-task and type notes at a fast pace that were descriptive to the customer's concern and reason for calling. The management was mostly accommodating; there were times that the call volume and requests for managers would put us on hold and wait for a response. The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with irate customers that would demand to speak to a supervisor without allowing to try to help them from the start. The most enjoyable part of the job was how fast paced it was. It rarely allowed us to sit and think of anything else but the customer.
Fun place to Work
Customer Service Admin (Former Employee) –  San Antonio , Texas, USNovember 20, 2016
At West, employers are dedicated to delivering and improving upon new channels, new capabilities and new choices for how businesses and consumers collaborate, connect and transact. We operate at the scale and speed necessary to capitalize on the promise of emerging technologies and the advantages they will provide. It is our business to deliver reliable, scalable, productive communications and build smarter, more meaningful connections.
Pay is decent, high turnover ratio
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 18, 2016
West is a call center and your employment is performances based and alot of the goals are hard to reach with the lack of training, management is unorganized and divided, the environment is similar to high school
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Poor work environment, unefficient training
Interesting place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 18, 2016
There's a lot of opportunity to grow. Company needs to go back to Customer Centric. Overall it's a good place to work at. Like the training department and how they trained.
A Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 16, 2016
The project I worked and majority of the team leads did not make this position worth getting up in the morning and coming to. They were not treating everyone with the same attitude, showing favoritism, no proper training, etc. I hope they have gotten better working with employees
job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 14, 2016
West was a great job where I worked as a customer service representative for Sirius XM radio. I worked in the saves department and was one of the top saves agents.
Compensation was decent
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 10, 2016
I worked here for a little over a year. The compensation was good but the work and life balance not so much. The only reason I did not stay here is because of my Internship for school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9