West Corporation Employee Reviews

west
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 26, 2017
West was a fast paced, company, 100+ calls per day, the job could have been enjoyable However they held your job over your head, threatened your job all the time, and there was no security or foundation, Management was a mess and it was an extremely stressful environment
Cut-Throat
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2017
West corporation will lay off their employees with no advance notice on the same day. Extremely unprofessional and uncaring about their employees. Their reason for lay off is always the same "cut backs". While they are making more money for "new and advanced" technology!!! Poor sense of hiring methods will hire within for advancements instead of for experience!!! Poor Human Resource techniques used!!!!
Cons
The Operations "assistant" runs the West office in San Antonio.
September 26, 2017

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts on your time at West and we wish you well in your career.

It depends which area you work in
Wellness Coach (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 25, 2017
Love my co-workers, love my boss and love my PTO days.
It's hard to advance and grow.
Management tends to view staff as "working bees" and nothing more.
Nice place to work
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2017
back to back calls
To get familiar with task and required info
management were helpful
repeating yourself continuously
helping people that cant help themselves
September 26, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your experience working at West. We wish you much success in your future and we appreciate your service to the organization.

Horrible
Informative Customer Relation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 25, 2017
Glad it was just a starter job just wasnt the best and the management was horrible .. Management sleeping with there own agents is the bad thing I have ever seen
Fun working environment
Call center customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 22, 2017
Great company, enjoyed working for them. Would still be there if company had not closed. Loved interacting with other agents and customers both. Always a great job.
Stressful
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 21, 2017
This was the type of environment where you have to come to work and not be worried about anything else. If so, all of your worries would end up there. You would take your stress out on your customers and not leave it home.
productive
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Assisted Customers with their medical prescriptions in accordance with their medical insurance providers. Submitted renewal medical prescriptions to their medical physicians. update address information, update cc information.
Pros
management was good
Boring Job
Facility Management Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 18, 2017
Boring Job, no room for advancement, hard to get time off. Only senior employees were allowed to get preferred days off. Job culture was pretty good, no lunch breaks.
Good choice in Schedules
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 18, 2017
I was not there for very long because I moved to a different job that paid more. It was a means to and end for me. this job gave me the needed experience for another job.
September 26, 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts, however the Spokane office is no longer a West site.

some opportunity
Solution Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 18, 2017
There is some opportunity for growth and success at West. However, the corporation seems held back by Kentucky divisional leadership and might benefit from relying more on their leadership in other cities and more contemporary and relevant business markets.
Pros
Strong sales team
Cons
Lack of accountability from services and delivery segments
West
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 18, 2017
West corporation started out as a great company with an even better idea. They had independent contractors working from home taking inbound customer service calls. When they changed to an employee model the hours and the pay all dried up.
Worst job ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 17, 2017
This job was so horrible, I worked here for about a year and the management was horrible and mean. My manager was so cold and rude to me I hated coming into work every day.
September 26, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review for your time at West.

Nice place to work
Sales Representative for FedEx (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 17, 2017
My day starts at 7am and ends at 3:30pm. Once I get logged into all the screens I need for the day, I start making calls to current customers. We make sure they are getting all the services they need for their business. If they have questions we can't answer, we give them the number to call or escalate their problem if its a bad one to the correct department. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help them. I feel great when I can get issues resolved without taking a lot of time figuring it out. Most of the time the job atmoshpere is relaxing, but there are times when it can get stressful. The managers are all pretty decent and helpful. I learned a lot about sales, its not at all what I thought it was going to be, its actually easier.
Pros
Bonus's
Cons
No overtime
September 26, 2017

We appreciate you taking time to share your input on West as a current employee. Thank you!

Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 17, 2017
Customer Service Representative
Provided customer service to the nation’s #1 cellular phone company. My duties included but were not limited to:
• Provide exceptional customer service to customers
• Navigating through various programs and systems efficiently
• Probe, solve and troubleshot customer problems to exceed their expectations
productive
Customer Care Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHSeptember 16, 2017
typical day involved answering phones to service customers who were having issues with their product from technical to a billing issue or ordering new equipment. learned how to keep a positive attitude and stay calm despite negative customers. call center. hardest part of the job was multitasking but quickly learned how to do that.
This job should be a LAST resort
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 16, 2017
Left on the phones for hours without any help whatsoever, poor pay, poor management, not a fun place to work. Would not ever recommend to ANYONE for any reason other than a ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT.
Pros
I got a steady pay check
Cons
Just about everything and anything else.
Telemarketer
DirecTV Sales Production (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 15, 2017
This was a fast pace environment where people were calling in with proplems with there directv systems. I was constantly taking calls with service issues, ordering channels, or payments.
Pros
Helping people with issues
Cons
Phone
Medium stress - highly technical
Manager Hardware/Systems Management and QA (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 15, 2017
West was a good company to work for. The promotions did not materialize. Friendly working environment most times. Offices were modern but the management were not flexible to provide offices for management.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Management was very un-flexible
fun
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Loganville, GASeptember 15, 2017
This is order entry/ customer service. Which is enjoyable talking to different individuals. Placing their order for various products. I work out of my home.
Pros
home not commuting or traffic pick own hours
Cons
if an issue arises you have to try solve it yourself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9