West Corporation

West Corporation Employer Reviews

great company good people
Costumer service rep (Current Employee), omaha neApril 10, 2014
Pros: the percs
Cons: breaks scoring
Helping costumers obtain there medicine by trouble shooting problems accurately assisting

I learned people skills and my passion for helping and caring

Management keeps me movated and willing to come to work and very helpful

costumers yelling and cusing you out

the people i work with a nice famiy environment
Bait & Switch - Watch Out!
I applied for a job there (Former Employee), Appleton, WIApril 9, 2014
Pros: high turnover means they are always hiring
Cons: high turnover means they are not a good place to work
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me! This company is notorious for bait and switching candidates for job interviews. Example: I apply for a specific job and get called in for an interview...I assume it is for the job I applied for....get to the interview and learn it's for a totally different job than I applied for - one in which – more... I have no interest in. I was told that everyone gets the same interview and then they, HR, determines where you go. Really?!?!?! What the heck is this? That's like paying for a Ford and the dealer says sorry I can only sell you a Chevy. Ridiculous!!!! – less
Great place t work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 9, 2014
Pros: meeting new people.
Cons: calling the same people over and over again daily.
Answer the phone, greet customers on the phone or in person with a very positive attitude, renew established customer's loans or new customers, perform credit checks, open and balance a cash drawer.
Work day
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Erie, PAApril 8, 2014
This job was not a reliable job. I worked here for a short time which helped me get through nursing school.
One of my ok jobs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bryan, TXApril 8, 2014
Working at west Corporation was ok to make sure that the customers needs were meet to the best of my ability.
See review
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Niles, OHApril 8, 2014
Cons: made to constantly feel like you are walking on egg shells
This one is unauthorized to write a review at this time. I am still currently employed at West and would like it to stay that way until a better opportunity arises.
Extremely poor management from the office manager to the people that worked under him
Customer Advocate (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCApril 8, 2014
Pros: much overtime as you want
Cons: no medical benefits but give you vision and dental, what if you don't need or wear glasses smh
It is a poorly run company one that does not care about the workers nor their customers, it was truly as the members that called in stated "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing". It was a placed where you got beat up by the people in the office and the people calling in to place their mail orders for prescriptions, if you didn't encourage – more... yourself it could be depressing. The only good thing about it is you had the opportunity to make as much overtime as you wanted because people didn't hardly want to come to work so they would post their time making it available to you to pick up along w/the company having hours where they needed you to work more than your 40hrs allowing you for the most part to work what worked for you other than that WEST AND IT'S MANAGER, PTL'S (SOME OF THEM) SUCKS AND NEED TO HAVE SOME ETHICS TRAINING ALONG W/HOW TO RUN A CALL CENTER THEMSELVES....EXTREMELY POOR LEADERSHIP AND NO EXAMPLES WHATSOEVER COULDN'T STAND UP AGAINST THE WORST PLACE IN ROCKY MOUNT, OH I FORGOT IT IS THE #1 WORST PLACE TO WORK – less
Productive workplace
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCApril 7, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: strict
As a customer service advocate i really enjoyed it. Helping people all over the world. Being able to refill, request there medications was a experience that i had never done before.
Productive and very well oriented towards great customer service.
Customer Service/Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Reno, NVApril 7, 2014
Pros: company luncheons and great coworkers.
Cons: short breaks and noisy.
It was a fun and well compensated place to work. I always worked overtime, just because I like being able to make somebody else s' day better.
Productive and fun enviroment to work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 7, 2014
Pros: one hour lunches and great benefits
Cons: location
A typical day at work is very productive and involves lots of multitasking. I've learned to use lots of Microsoft tools and I've also learned lots of good qualities in assisting customer's in any billing, service assurance and ordering issues. My co-workers are very friendly and willing to help others when they are in need. The hardest part of my job – more... is communication between my sales team. I enjoy helping my customer's and knowing that they come to me when they have a question or need help with there services. – less
Just Another Place of Employment
OTS (Current Employee), Niles, OhioApril 7, 2014
Overall it is an ok place to work. The facility is old and outdated, but the equipment is great. I try not to use the restroom while at work because they are gross. The work culture is diverse, but the quality of people they sometimes hire is terrible. No professionalism. Just punk kids fresh out of high school who want to collect a paycheck to party. – more... The management is acceptable, but you have to be part of the "boys club" to get anywhere. – less
Stressful but get it done type of atmosphere!
Afterhours Escalation Support Manager (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 1, 2014
Pros: great entry level pay, wonderful team, people believe in you, etc.
Cons: never having time for a break, stress to the max, management doesn't listen
A typical day at work is checking emails, talking to my clients, speaking with technicians, yelling at technicians laughing with co workers, and getting service restored and having happy clients.
would not recomend
customer service advocate(csa) (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCApril 1, 2014
the company as a whole needs work, and there's no job security
authorized medications
CRD representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 31, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
would receive phone calls from Patients, Doctors and Doctors office's to have their medications authorized.
Not a good company to work for!
Home-Based Telephone Sales (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 30, 2014
The pay is not good, for the amount of work you have to do, and you really do not get that much hours.
VERY PRODUCTIVE AND GREAT ATOMOSPHERE
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 28, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: didnt accept doctor notes
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK. START ANSWERING CALLS BUT YOU LEARN ALOT FROM THE GUESTS BECAUSE SOME TRY TO LIE TO YOU.
MANAGEMENT IS GREAT IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM THEY ARE VERY QUICK TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM.
CO WORKERS VERY NICE AND IF YOU EVER NEEDED HELP WE WERE THERE FOR ONE ANOTHER.
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS IF YOU GET A FRAUD CALL THERE WAS NOTHING WE – more... COULD DO AND MOST OF THE TIME GUESTS WOULD CURSE US OUT BECAUSE ALL WE COULD TELL THEM IS TO CONTACT THEIR LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT.
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB TO ME REALLY WAS THE WHOLE JOB. – less
high turnover, flexible hours
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 27, 2014
turnover is so high, management is poor and disorganize, it's dusty and dirty, and very controlling.
Fast pace and fun energy, call center with dancing
Customer Representative (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 24, 2014
-A typical day was answering calls to add phone, internet, or cable. I also took payments, transfer calls to tech, loyalty, or collections.
-Co-workers were fun, positive, and had great energy. To help motivate us to make sales, we would get incentives.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was when we made a sale we would get passes to dance or get extra – more... breaks. Helping the customer was the best feeling.
-The hardest part about the job was understanding people that did not speak clear English. – less
Productive Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 24, 2014
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: na
Very fast pace job with ample help around. Very customer focused and competitive sales contest.
Call center
Bank of America Mortgage Representative (Former Employee), Spokane Valley, WAMarch 24, 2014
Had professional attire to work everyday and assisted customers with home information such as foreclosures and home mortgages.

About West Corporation

Spoken every day, in every way. To many of the top companies in nearly every industry, West provides the technology and customized – Read more

West Corporation Photos