West Corporation

West Corporation Employer Reviews

Good Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Endicott NYMay 8, 2014
A typical day at work take inbound/outbound calls friendly co workers and staff. Enjoy working here.
West
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Pensacola,FLMay 5, 2014
Must have great patients when dealing with customer over the phone
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 4, 2014
Great work environment, great compensation, supportive staff, advancement opportunities.
West is a form of employment in where you can gain much skill in customer service. The pay is low. But the hours are flexible.
Team Lead/Customer Service (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 4, 2014
Work is not difficult
Gained experience in customer service
Management is decent as far as human resources and the hiring process.
Co workers are easy to get along with.
The hardest part of the job is the constant change with rules of the contracting service and the client.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having almost full control of your schedule.
Well Structured Company
Call Center Production Worker (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMay 3, 2014
great work schedule sometimes

Cons: no medical insurance

great hours, learned teamwork,
Different everyday
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 1, 2014
During a typical 8 hour work day, I would process over 50 calls. These calls ranged from basic bill payments to more complex technological issues.
west = bad company
CSR (Former Employee), spokane,waApril 29, 2014
Pros: hired and promoted even if you're an idiot
Cons: mostly like n.azi germany 1943
The culture there is a new agent gets better metrics and surveys so that is their justification for terminating vetran agents. Truth is they are so cheap and unhuman that they look to cut costs in any way including firing vets to avoid paying wage increases and pto, failing to consistantly provide sanitary wipes when you share desks with homeless people – more... (yes they hire anyone), and they won't even provide pen or paper!
Funniest part to see there is the countless times they hire someone new and quickly promote them to higher position before they know whats going on. West then tells them to get rid of a vetran because they are a bad seed and they have been trying to get rid of them forever. Then after the newb does their dirty laundry, West then gets them to quit or fires them by using character assassination techniques to pit employees against each other and create hostile work enviroments. I've seen this happen at every level including agent, sme, team lead, ots, operations manager, trainer, and even site director.
Lastly, West is a sign of our times. If it wasn't for the tax breaks and incentives they receive from federal, state and local gov't for each new hire (wotc credit is just tip of the iceberg) then they would retain employees and become a goog company. I wonder where i can find data on West's total number of employee on average compared to how many new hires per year and the amount of tax breaks they got? So basically our tax $s go into West's unhuman greedy pockets at the expense of a single mother who wins thier fire lottery who then ends up on unemployment or worse like welfare. No wonder our economy is so bad with companies like West allowed to do this. – less

May 11, 2014

A agent from downtown Spokane's Holly Mason building recently killed themselves and West's management threatens employees with termination if they discuss it! Yup, just like 1943!

May 13, 2014

Notice how most of the positive reviews of West Corp are only a line or two in length, lol so weak and without substance. Its funny how most there think they won't be fired when they see the constant training classes and turnover. I guess its true that some people do believe their own lies!

csr
CSR (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 28, 2014
Pros: very laid back workplace
Cons: being on the phones all day and dealing with rude clients
Very laid back work place,I learned a lot of my customer service from this job, my coworkers were very friendly and helpful there was really no hard part in this job it was very easy, I did not enjoy this job I like to be moving around on my feet and working not sitting and working it was just not for me.
West
Sales (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 27, 2014
Pros: great work schedule sometimes
Cons: no medical insurance
great hours, learned teamwork,
sometimes when the work slows down you are pooled in to other working projects or let go.
Certified nursing assistant/Phlebotomist
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rockford, ILApril 26, 2014
Performed a variety of routine blood drawing procedures. Prepared and organized patient specimens for testing.
very competitive but fun
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 24, 2014
Pros: great games and money prizes
Cons: not enough room for growth in company
Working for SIRIUS XM SATELLITE RADIO was an amazing experience being able to compete with my co workers to make each other better and overall to accomplish the goals both set out by our team leads and supervisors but also our company leaders.
worst job I've ever had!!!!
customer care specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 23, 2014
Cons: everything
If you want a job that you'll hate, go to work at West. If you enjoy being micro managed down to the hundredth of a second and think that performance evaluations once every few days are an attractive idea, go to work at West. If clicking a mouse a second too soon is reason enough to be written up, even though it had no bearing on the job you did, go – more... to work at West. If you don't want to advance or climb the corporate ladder or get any kind of raise in pay to speak of, go to work at West.
During my five months there,( I couldn't take it any more. I had my previous job before West for 16 years btw) at least 50 people came and went. Either being fired for ridiculous reasons or quitting.
The company as a whole is absurd. They require you to lie as part of the job( ie. if you pc crashes while conducting business you must tell clients your pc is "performing updates" and other little white lies), provide no reliable, valuable solutions for the companies that contract them and have the mentality and morals of a prison guard. Actually that's not fair to prison guards. – less
Stress free environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 23, 2014
Cons: shortbreak, healthcare
A typical day for me involves responding to customers via email. We take calls as well, but generally we receive more emails than calls. I've improved my ability to handle irritate customers. The management staff for our line group is very hands on. My coworkers are very easy to work with. There is not really a difficult task with my job. However, this – more... position does require constant training with technology and changes are frequently made. – less
Fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXApril 22, 2014
Overall great experience at this job. I had great team members, and we all got alone very well. We always looked out for each other and got things done as a team.
hostile work environment
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), reno, nvApril 22, 2014
Telecommunications assist customers with problems and issues with accounts. Provide great service and work with the customer to resolve complaints and problems.
Hire and fire work environment
Inbound calls for Altlel phone company
Agent (Former Employee), universal city,TXApril 22, 2014
Very nicer job flexible schedules and good money..Did a lot of company WAYS TO MAKE MORE MONEY rewards for good call time and QA scoring
It's a J-O-B that barely pays the bills. About all I can say.
Consumer Relations Agent (Current Employee), Appleton, WIApril 21, 2014
Pros: always getting free lunches and stuff but sometimes that can be a bad thing
Cons: pay is horrible, feel like a slave connected to a headset, the list goes on
It's a call center. You are expected to do everything perfectly and keep your metrics perfect, all while the rules and procedures are constantly changing. A typical day at work can be described as stressful and confusing. I'm being honest. Way too much expected for way too little pay and benefits.
N/A
Residential Billing Representative (Former Employee), Pasco, WAApril 17, 2014
Worked as a residential billing and sales rep though AT&T. Selling to customers who were angry about billing or disconnections was very difficult. Eventually, West closed. I learned serveral different computer programs and phone programs.
Working at West Corporation
Sales Associate (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: long enough breaks, commission
Cons: rude customers
Working at West Corp. was an interesting experience. I met a lot of great people but also a lot of rude and quiet people. My typical day at work involved me calling Direct TV customers to ask them if they would like to upgrade their current packages for a limited price or even free for a certain amount of time. I learned how to work with others as a – more... team and became better at communicating with others. My co-workers were great people. We became like a family after working so long together and training together. I think that the hardest part of the job was trying to communicate with rude customers only because they wouldn't listen to what you had to say and would hang up. But then the most enjoyable part of the job was having a customer listen and accept the upgrade. I talked to many nice people. – less
Security
Facility Safety Specialist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 16, 2014
Great Place to work lots of room for advancement. Great people to work with.

About West Corporation

Spoken every day, in every way. To many of the top companies in nearly every industry, West provides the technology and customized – Read more

West Corporation Photos