West Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Starter Job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 13, 2017
Great place to work for getting your foot in the door with nursing. If you love being a floor nurse and don't mind heavy patient loads then this place is as good as any other place benefit and salary wise.
I just interned here
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 10, 2017
The few days I interned, i seemed to be a good place to work. I needed more time there to really know. But I enjoyed the time I was there it was very experiential.
Top 100 hospital and it shows!
Assistant Nurse Manager of Medical/Surgical Unit (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 27, 2017
Wonderful place to work. I cannot say enough good things about the team I have had the opportunity to work alongside.

Nurses work 12 hour shifts. The shifts can be tough, with patients of assorted acuities. Management works hard to ensure you have what you need to succeed.
There are good and bad things
ER RN (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 19, 2017
I choose not to speak about a company I am still employed with at this time. There a good things and bad things that I have experienced as an employee.
Pros
Cons
many
Fast paced and enjoyable work environment with personable staff
Emergency Room Nurse Preceptee (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 20, 2017
West Florida ED is a very fast paced and evolving area of nursing practice that pushes staff to perform at their highest possible potential. Management was easy to get along with professionally and constantly congratulated the ED staff on positive outcomes of nursing care in addition to addressing topics of concern professionally and openly.
Very enjoyable place to work, with great management.
VALET DRIVER & GREETER (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 2, 2017
Each day I would start by transporting patients to the OR rooms. After I would begin to assist and help people to and from cars. This also includes valeting vehicles and retrieving vehicles from the valet lot. I did this for the remainder of my shift. The best part was working with my friends, also known as my co-workers.
Pros
Good management, good team work.
Cons
Short lunch, standing during work shift the entire time.
Valuable learning experience as an intern.
Fieldwork Level II Experiences (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 27, 2017
Friendly staff, flexible hours depending on caseload. Great interning experience. WFH provided exposure to a wide array of clients with differing diagnoses as well as a very knowledgeable clinical instructor.
great work experience
NURSE INTERN (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Helping the staff take care of the patients on the floor. Very supportive management and helpful co-workers. Great learning experience with helpful staff.
Pros
helpful co-workers
Cons
no cons
Management ran this place like a concentration camp for workers
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 2, 2017
I worked as a patient care tech on 5N and it was by far the worst job I ever had. The unit manager and floor director got angry if anyone sat down to do paperwork. Asked for an escort to my car one night due to a dangerous ex and it was reported and I got written up for not telling them even though they strictly said not to bring my personal life to my job. Nurses were always understaffed with a lot of patients and the techs often had 30 patients even though they cancelled the other tech that was due to come in and help. I would never suggest any of my family going here. Both ladies running the 5th floor get drunk on their sense of power and treat most people very badly.
Pros
Taking care of patients was the only pro
Cons
Work overload and lazy nurses, terrible management
d management overlooks it.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 25, 2016
Finding employees in the EVS department hiding and not doing their jib.I thought the supervisors turned their heads. Otherwise, the staff in all departnents were terrific. I enjoyed working thete
Pros
Learn a lot!
Cons
Too many turnovers in the supervisors.

Want to know more about West Florida Hospital?

Ask a question
love west florida hospital
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 28, 2016
ability to work independently. supervision is a good person to work for. all my coworkers or good to work with. waxing and stripping floor ,
Excellent learning experience
Registered Nurse OR/OR scrub tech (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 27, 2016
I learned so much working at West Florida Hospital. I became comfortable working in practically every specialty while I was working there. My only complaint is that certain negative individuals that work there are allowed to continue with their unprofessional behavior that affects the rest of the staff.
Get place to learn
Tray Passer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 12, 2016
This was my first job. And this was my start this is the place were I feel in love with this kid of work. Just to know that I'm doing something to help someone else is a great feeling.
Pros
Cons
Having to say bye
Productive environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 5, 2016
West Florida Hospital is an extremely rewarding place to work. Any position that you're in at WFH, you'll be performing an essential function in providing patient care and comfort.
orthopedics/general surgery unit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 12, 2016
Nurses are often short staffed with 6 patients (sometimes 7) each in a fast paced, post operative environment. Patient acuity is high and due to low staffing nurses are stretched too thin, making providing safe and quality care a genuine concern. It is a very sink or swim environment!

No additional help on night shift. Night shift staff very close and helpful whenever possible due to only having each other to rely on.

Internal transfers are often blocked by management and management seems indifferent to employee concerns. Benefits and pay cuts. Nearly impossible to take PTO.

Great place to develop good time management and hone skills! Hospital also has up-to-date and useful technology.

It is a good place to start off as a new nurse, but many nurses both new and experienced get burned out within the first year.
Pros
Night shift teamwork, Good place to hone skills, Job secure
Cons
Understaffing, Short/No Breaks, Nearly impossible to take PTO, High turnover rate, Hard to advance
Great working atmosphere! Competent employees
Imaging (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 27, 2016
Enjoy my co-workers and department. Management in imaging is approachable and appreciative of us. Low turnover rate. As we get increased patient load, it seems like everyone balances workload without compromising patient care. One main negative aspect is having a million different hospitalists who very rarely know their patients, which makes it hard for different modalities when we need information. Excessive, repeated and unnecessary diagnostic testing ordered daily.
Pay is on the lower side, but environment is priceless. The health benefits are mediocre at best.
Overall, I would recommend this hospital for personal care or career.
Pros
Envirorment, Competant workers, Pleasant atmosphere.
Cons
Too many hospitalists, lower pay scale, short staffed in some areas.
transfer to another departmen
Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 12, 2015
If you are good in what you do there and your manager does not want to lose you, they will make it hard for you to move, including blocking all of your internal transfers.
Pros
Cafeteria food is great
Cons
very nit picky
A great place to work.
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 10, 2015
The only thing I didn't like about West Florida is that the Telemetry Unit didn't have their own space. You are stuck in the corner of CCU. You do not have a "telemetry manager" you have a nurse manager.
Good, quality staff
Premium PRN Psychiatric Unit (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 3, 2015
Due to a current nursing shortage, everyone is working a lot of hours with minimal staff. Very difficult and stressful. The staff is knowledgeable but due to the shortage, very difficult to complete assignments.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Short breaks
progressive tele
Urodynamics nurse (Current Employee) –  mccAugust 19, 2015
I charge nurse on a progressive tele floor help team with the flow of work take a full load of patient many days
I am not sure if im filling this out correctly
Pros
team
Cons
manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Florida Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

West Florida Hospital Reviews by Location