Serving the citizens of LaGrange and Troup County for more than 60 years, West Georgia Health System has been the foundation for exceptional health care services that now extend throughout West Georgia and East Alabama.
Founded in 1937 as City-County Hospital, the original 65-bed hospital provided high quality health care services to families in Troup County. In 1975, City-County Hospital became West Georgia Medical Center to reflect the Medical Center's role as a regional health care provider. By 1996, the hospital's services and continuum of care had grown to such an extent that it was appropriate to rename the hospital for what it had truly become - a system - and hence the new name, West Georgia Health System.
Another significant event in West Georgia Health System's history occurred in 2000 with the construction and grand opening of Vernon Woods Retirement Community, an independent and assisted-living community for senior adults, which has since become a separate corporation.
West Georgia Health System and all its divisions are accredited through the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and certified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services to accept Medicare patients. In 1985, the U.S. Health Care Financing Administration designated West Georgia Medical Center as a rural referral center, one of only 211 such centers throughout the nation.
West Georgia Health System is a member of the LaGrange/Troup County Chamber of Commerce, www.lagrangechamber.com. – less – More from ZoomInfo »