West Georgia Technical College Employee Reviews

Management is poor
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMarch 24, 2016
No clearly defined goals for departments or programs. If you try to organize an extra event you will not get any help from management.
Cons
unmotivated management
Great Company to Work For
High School Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAFebruary 11, 2016
Friendly, welcoming environment. Will work with your busy schedule. Work is great, fun, and simple.They are like a big family. Safe environment.
Pros
lots of free food!
work study student...
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Waco, GAJanuary 15, 2016
i did workstudy for GED and i enjoy it. some students are good and others arent. that how life is i guess. work it till something better comes along for you
Effiecent
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GADecember 24, 2015
I think they worked around my school schedule very nicely. The staff was nice and patience. The typical day at work was calm but yet busy. I learned how to properly greet people. I think the hardest part was the Midterm and Final testing week. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the the people.
Student Job
Virtual Learning Center (Former Employee) –  Waco, GANovember 11, 2015
I was responsible for building online programs for the school. My day to day job was very repetitive. I was given a guide and from then on was on my own.
Great learning experience!
Administrative Assistant/Intern (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GANovember 8, 2015
I interned for a brief time, but the tasks required of me and my supervisor taught me so much. I further advanced my skills and learned a few new things as well.
na
Medical Assisting (Former Employee) –  Waco, gaJuly 22, 2015
Everything was just great, great people to be around and to work with I could not have asked for a better group of people. If I didn't graduate I could see myself staying there for a really long time
Nice Place To Work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJuly 2, 2015
Great place to work. Everyone was friendly and always helpful. Room for advancement and growth. I really loved my boss.
Great teachers and open enviorment
College (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAJune 14, 2015
It's a great school, fun place to be at. There's always something going on. I enjoy being able to interact with teachers and students on a regular basis.
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJune 11, 2015
I greet students as they enter the bookstore and help them with any purchases that they need to make. If a student need to order a book I will have to order the book from another campus. I also answer the phone, do coke orders, fill paper, use the fax machine and etc.I really enjoy doing my job, when we are not busy I'll find something to do.
Pros
a good experience
Cons
Only can work 20 hours a month
WGTC has great benefits!
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAMay 29, 2015
WGTC is a great facility that is family oriented. The benefits are excellent, and the pay is great also. I wish my job assignment wasn't so short because I really enjoyed being a team member.
Volunteer
Volunteer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAMay 18, 2015
West GA Tech is a great trade school that ensures that each student is taught the necessary trade to make it in the work force. The GED Program that I volunteer for is an amazing place to work for even though it is non-for-profit. The sponsors are graciously present in the lives of each student even though it is behind closed doors. I am excited to be a part of such a great team and intrigued to see where they are headed in future.
Pros
Great Teachers, Staff, and Students.
Cons
Not enough sponsors
State Education job
Instructor (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 17, 2015
Some great people work there. You have decent flexibility. It is run more like a corporation than an educational facility. If you are self-motivated you can accomplish a lot. I learned a great deal in my time there and am thankful for that opportunity.
Pros
flexibility, cooperative lower level management, friendly faculty and staff, good leave time accumulation, cooperative scheduling
Cons
State budget cuts complicate things, upper level management issues, limited healthcare options
A Proctor's job.
Proctor (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAApril 28, 2015
My basic job was to check the candidate's in by making sure their name was on my list for the exam taking place. Check their government issued I.D. and verifying that it was current. Then, allowing them to enter the testing area. I have had as many as 28 candidates participating in an exam. Stating the rules for the exam and giving instructions for starting the exam. After making sure everyone is participating in the exam and progressing with ease. I then just stroll through the room making sure there is no cheating and that everyone completes and finishes the exam. After receiving their results the candidates may leave. After the exam is finished and all candidates have gone I straighten the room, clean the black board and leave. From start the finish about 4 hrs.
Pros
I enjoy meeting everyone and I enjoy seeing everyone pass the exam.
Cons
Don't like it when there technical difficulties arise.
Work Study Job
GED Testing Proctor (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAApril 2, 2015
I worked as a works study student and enjoyed every second of it. My boss was awesome! I was exposed to large number of students at a time.
Pros
Great Work Place
Cons
Work Study Job
Great working with kids.
Reading Tutor (Former Employee) –  Carollton, GAFebruary 16, 2015
This establishment taught me how to deal with kids, gave me the patience to teach children and make them understand in creative ways.
A lifetime experience, nothing can replace!
Tech Prep Consortium Assistant (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GADecember 31, 2014
Having worked here while earning my degree, and with the aid of a fantastic group of teachers, and staff, I came to realize, I never want to stop learning!
I got to share my experiences with others, in an effort to help them realize the importance of a higher education.
The most enjoyable part of this position, was meeting new people, and helping them to realize, it is worth it!
Pros
learning
Cons
seeing young adults give up & drop out.
Very productive and nice environment
Student Worker/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GANovember 21, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was the independence you got. And being able to give your opinion on different projects.
Amazing Learning Experience
Library Student Work Study (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAOctober 24, 2014
This was an amazing job to have while in college. Flexible hours and great people to work with. I was able to use the skills I was learning in school and tutor other students in their classes.
Pros
social, learned a lot and helped others
Adjunct Instructor part time evening was a great position
Barber Instructor (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAAugust 20, 2014
I enjoyed working part time in the evenings and having the flexibility with my class room teachings and being able to teach on line two nights per week. If the salary was much higher and the position had ore hours I would still be a part of this team.
Pros
scheduling
Cons
salaryand low woring hours

4.5