West Georgia Technical College Employee Reviews

A decent place to work ,but no job security
AP Technician (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAMay 31, 2017
A very busy office environment. They were very stringent about adhering to state policies regarding time off, lunch periods, etc..The office climate was cliquish to some degree. The hardest part of the job was learning the in's and out's of state policies. The only enjoyable part of the job was staying very busy so that the 10 hour day passed quickly.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks, felt clostrephobic
Great place to gain work experience
Financial Aid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMay 25, 2017
A typical day at work is very self directed. Once trained at your specialty, the workload is designed to be completed with minimum supervision. Meeting deadlines are the priority here which makes a balanced workday.
Pros
One hour lunches, paid sick and annual leave time, and family-like atmosphere.
Cons
low pay and high health benefits.
supportive staff
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Waco, GAMay 19, 2017
great atmosphere, supportive staff, flexible scheduling prior to school term. Adjunct salary is comparable to the area. great programs for students and resources are always available
People made the job their social lives so instead of working most just socialized which made it very difficult to get the bigger jobs done.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMay 18, 2017
The work was easy and most of the people i worked with were very pleasant. The supervisor however slandered many employees and is now on probation because of it
Pros
loved the work and most of the people
Cons
Didnt like the way everybody talked about everyone else
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMay 16, 2017
Great school and I love the staff. I would definitely recommend any one who wants to further their career, to go here. I have met some awesome and great people while attending.
I like the students and my boss.
Math Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAApril 10, 2017
It's ok. I hate that I can't be considered full time unless I go back to school. I already have my Associates Degree. I hate getting paid once a month at the end of the month. You cannot receive benefits unless you are full time.
Wgtc
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Carrolton, GeorgiaMarch 17, 2017
It is not a bad place to work for but your job is not guaranteed. Save your money. The management is not bad but you need always keep another job because you can lose your job and wont expect it.
N/a
Financial Aid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMarch 9, 2017
As any job; there are things that have to be done in order to keep the process going. I really don't have any comments about WGTC. They do what is necessary to keep the school moving forward.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No Comment
Productive workforce with ample opportunities to help people achieve their educational dreams
Executive Director of Campus Operations (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAJanuary 28, 2017
I manage the campus operations for a technical college. Around 1250 students on my campus and 6670 total students enrolled in the college. The workplace culture is great; staff and faculty have positive attitudes and lover their jobs.
Pros
Good retirement plan and strong job security.
Cons
Salaries are not competitive with industry jobs.
Awesome job
Supports bookstore staff (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJanuary 21, 2017
Job is just temporary
love the job and people I work with
easy going company to work with and very helpful to their employees
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
job is temporary
Great experience
Student Worker- Student Affairs & Student Advising (Former Employee) –  Waco, GAMay 18, 2016
I attended WGTC and worked as a student worker. I loved this job. I got to meet students and help them. I gained a lot of experience in the field I was going into. Most of my supervisors with-in the 3 years were really great. My least favorite thing about this job is that it could be boring at times.
Pros
interesting place to work, positive atmosphere, good coworkers, good supervisor
Cons
boring, slow paced
Management is poor
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMarch 24, 2016
No clearly defined goals for departments or programs. If you try to organize an extra event you will not get any help from management.
Cons
unmotivated management
Great Company to Work For
High School Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAFebruary 11, 2016
Friendly, welcoming environment. Will work with your busy schedule. Work is great, fun, and simple.They are like a big family. Safe environment.
Pros
lots of free food!
work study student...
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Waco, GAJanuary 15, 2016
i did workstudy for GED and i enjoy it. some students are good and others arent. that how life is i guess. work it till something better comes along for you
Effiecent
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GADecember 24, 2015
I think they worked around my school schedule very nicely. The staff was nice and patience. The typical day at work was calm but yet busy. I learned how to properly greet people. I think the hardest part was the Midterm and Final testing week. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the the people.
Student Job
Virtual Learning Center (Former Employee) –  Waco, GANovember 11, 2015
I was responsible for building online programs for the school. My day to day job was very repetitive. I was given a guide and from then on was on my own.
Great learning experience!
Administrative Assistant/Intern (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GANovember 8, 2015
I interned for a brief time, but the tasks required of me and my supervisor taught me so much. I further advanced my skills and learned a few new things as well.
na
Medical Assisting (Former Employee) –  Waco, gaJuly 22, 2015
Everything was just great, great people to be around and to work with I could not have asked for a better group of people. If I didn't graduate I could see myself staying there for a really long time
Nice Place To Work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJuly 2, 2015
Great place to work. Everyone was friendly and always helpful. Room for advancement and growth. I really loved my boss.
Great teachers and open enviorment
College (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAJune 14, 2015
It's a great school, fun place to be at. There's always something going on. I enjoy being able to interact with teachers and students on a regular basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Georgia Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4