West Georgia Technical College

West Georgia Technical College Employer Reviews

A lifetime experience, nothing can replace!
Tech Prep Consortium Assistant (Former Employee), LaGrange, GADecember 31, 2014
Pros: learning
Cons: seeing young adults give up & drop out.
Having worked here while earning my degree, and with the aid of a fantastic group of teachers, and staff, I came to realize, I never want to stop learning!
I got to share my experiences with others, in an effort to help them realize the importance of a higher education.
The most enjoyable part of this position, was meeting new people, and helping them to realize, it is worth it!
Very productive and nice environment
Student Worker/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), LaGrange, GANovember 21, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was the independence you got. And being able to give your opinion on different projects.
Amazing Learning Experience
Library Student Work Study (Former Employee), Carrollton, GAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: social, learned a lot and helped others
This was an amazing job to have while in college. Flexible hours and great people to work with. I was able to use the skills I was learning in school and tutor other students in their classes.
Adjunct Instructor part time evening was a great position
Barber Instructor (Former Employee), Newnan, GAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: scheduling
Cons: salaryand low woring hours
I enjoyed working part time in the evenings and having the flexibility with my class room teachings and being able to teach on line two nights per week. If the salary was much higher and the position had ore hours I would still be a part of this team.
The staff are very knowledgable about their positions.
PT Clerk/Teacher Aide (Current Employee), Carrollton, GANovember 9, 2013
Pros: when i needed to change my hours, their has never been a problem as long as i get my work done.
Cons: no health insurance.
I have been in this position for almost 6 years. Through the supervisor changes over the years, I have never had a problem taking a problem to my supervisor. I have also been able to bring up a change I think would help the program and my supervisor has listened. My position is PT and because of funding I don't believe my position will ever be FT. I very much enjoy my position and the staff I work around.
It's a college
Work Study Student (Former Employee), LaGrange GAOctober 11, 2013
Pros: complete freedom
Cons: $8/hr
Simple stuff... mostly the same fixes over and over. Robot, PLC, Motor Controls. I know I'm forgetting something.
Productive workplace with focus on Students
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Franklin, GAOctober 9, 2013
I really love working here. I love helping students acheiving their educational goals.
Good place to work while in school.
Student Aide (Former Employee), Carrollton, GAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: networking
Cons: pay
Worked here while I was in school and worked as a student aide. It was fun and I was able to get much more help with project and school work because I was able to get to know a lot of the other students in other classes. The pay was fixed at $8 hr. and I got paid once a month.
Learned a great deal.
Student Government Campus Representative (Current Employee), Newnan, GAAugust 14, 2013
During my time at West Georgia Technical College I became the Student Government campus representative. I was thoroughly enjoying my position not knowing what wonderful opportunities it was going to open for me. I would highly suggest to get involved with the Student Government at West Georgia Technical College.
Student Centric, good place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAAugust 6, 2013
Pros: rewarding
Cons: low pay
• Teach postsecondary college mathematics, algebra and statistics. Skilled in public speaking and presenting a strong and convincing verbal and written argument. Incorporate computer and web based learning platforms that enhanced student comprehension
WGTC
Maintenance (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAApril 29, 2013
It was a work study job. Things are simple there, if you go to school and you need some work, they might be able to help you out. Not enough to live on, though. This is a better opportunity for kids living at home.
Great Place to work
Health Information Technology Instructor (Current Employee), Waco, GeorgiaApril 4, 2013
Pros: students
Cons: long commute
Managment and core values are excellent, holidays and time off excellent. Great pleasure in educating student that will one day become my peer.
Instructor (Current Employee), LaGrange, GAMarch 30, 2013
Friendly, helpful faculty & staff. Great management and orgnization,
Student
Student (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAMarch 22, 2013
I enjoy this college. Teachers are fun and knowledgeable. I believe I am gaining great experience.
Great Parttime Jovv
Adjunct and Online Instructor (Current Employee), Newnan, GAMarch 11, 2013
Very friendly coworker and great students. Great to see adults come back to school. The campus is a great college experience.
Productive day in helping students with being able to attend class
WIA Program Assistant (Current Employee), Waco, GeorgiaAugust 29, 2012
Answer and forward phone calls or messages to the correct person
Create and maintain student files
Maintain follow-up on exiting students
Maintain and process students time sheets on bi weekly basis
Perform end of month closing on invoices, bank deposits, and store acconts.
Professional customer service
West Georgia Tech. (Book Store)
Book Store Temp (Former Employee), Carrollton, GeorgiaJune 1, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: not much to do
It was ok. Not much to do and things were a bit unorganized with the moving from place to place and the construction it was under while employed there. The employees were friendly. My typical duties as a temp employee were to help students find their appropriate books for class. and keep track of stock and inventory, I also answered incoming calls. The hardest part of the job was dealing with not having enough books for the students at the desired time.

About West Georgia Technical College

West Georgia Technical College is located in LaGrange, Georgia and is part of The Technical College System of Georgia. – More from ZoomInfo »