West Herr Automotive Group Employee Reviews in United States

Lane Greeter
Lane Greeter (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 25, 2015
typical day at work- greet customers as they come into the lane, get there information then send them into the service writer. attend to the service writers with what they need help with and get paper work ready for the next day.
what you learned- customer service
management- excellent, understanding and lets us know what needs to be done.
your co-workers- they're awesome, besides the customers they are the reason i like to go to work
the hardest part of the job- nothing
the most enjoyable part of the job- the coworkers i work with
Pros
give us time to eat
Cons
part time- no health care
Excellent work environment
Sales and Lease Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJanuary 7, 2015
Very happy and proud to be an employee at this company. They truly care for their employees and youre not just a number.
Used to love selling cars
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMarch 23, 2013
West Herr Automotive group is an amazing place to work for. I worked with some of the best and most interesting people and this job is one of my favorites.

Automotive sales isn't for everyone though and is completely different than any other Sales position you have ever had. The people that work here are amazing but not everyone shares the core values of the company and it seems to be overlooked by upper management. New car mini (or flats) are ridiculously small so be prepared to sell used vehicles to try to survive.

Be prepared to work long hours and most likely be there on your days off. Depending on which dealership you end up working for, you may have the best managers or end up with a complete tool. Again, dependent upon dealership, prepare to work alone and be scolded for talking to coworkers.
Pros
challenging, fun, meet new people, great benefits, can sell any new car west herr has, gigantic inventory
Cons
long hours, direct management isn't the best, lack of continued training and follow up
Decent Place to Work
Cashier, title clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamburg NYMarch 8, 2013
My typical day at work is answering phones and cashing customers out for their parts and service bills. Also, two days a week I work in the title department where I bill paperwork out for customers who are purchasing vehicles and also work with the DMV. I've learned great customer service skills from this job and also problem solving. My management team is the best out of any other job I've had so far. You can talk to them at anytime and about anything you need. The hardest and most stressful part of my job would be my co - workers. A lot of complaining, back stabbing, and no shows. My managers look to me to help and fill in whenever possible and I almost always do, it just gets stressful sometimes. Other than that, there really aren't to many negatives. I love my job and the people I work for. The reason I'm looking for something else is because I've reached my peak. I'm at the highest I can go and I am making the highest amount that I can get paid here. Also, I am not allowed full time or benefits.
Pros
good hours, great people, great learning experience, close to home
Cons
no full time, no pay raises, no advancement
The very best.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Blasdell, NYMarch 5, 2013
A large company that values the individual. Hands on and accessible management, that truly acts in their employees interests. Good benefits, great winning culture, and a great opportunity to grow into a career.
Pros
top notch ownership and management, continuous development and great compensation.
Cons
the hours, which are dictated by the business itself moreso than the company
Excellent family values, strong ownership group,
Sales & Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYFebruary 5, 2013
Have worked there for 18 months. Enjoy the aspect of meeting new people daily, seeing new products enter the market, and sense of team. Good management willing to help and mentor new team members.
Pros
open door policy, flexible time off

2.9