West Hills Hospital and Medical Center

West Hills Hospital and Medical Center Employer Reviews

Amazing experience
Externship Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), West Hills, CAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: lots of different cases in the or
Cons: surgery was done by 3pm
My experience with West Hills Hospital was amazing. One place i wish I could work at some day.
Nice
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 9, 2014
very beautiful and quite place to work for. very good work rehabilitation program.
productive and fun work place
Plant Operations Manager (Former Employee), Reno, NVJune 12, 2014
Great place to work. Always challenging and rewarding. I enjoyed working with the guys in the shop and all the other departments
very rewarding environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 11, 2013
Helping patients is the most rewarding. Management is not at all on your side, it is all about money. The hardest part of my job was receiving the dr.s orders from the nursing staff in a timely manner.
Student Hospital Rotation
Student Nurse (Former Employee), West Hills, CASeptember 11, 2013
In this hospital, I did two different semester as Intermediate Medical –Surgical Nursing, and Telemetry Medical-Surgical Nursing.
Not much to say
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: helping others
Cons: safety
Caring for people is what nursing is all about. I learned to be patient and listen because listening makes a difference in a person's situation. I wouldn't comment on anything else. thank you for the opportunity.
Excellent community Hospital with quality physicians and staff
Director of Lab and Pathology Services (Former Employee), West Hills, CAAugust 1, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits and staff
West Hills Hospital & Medical enter provided me achance to work in a "for profit" healthcare system, i.e. Healthcare Corp of America HCA.
I learned to manage all aspects of the Clinical & Pathology Lab Services.
A typical day at work included managing the payroll, quality of patient testing while maintaining a high level of productivity and excellent – more... turnaround time of patient test results. – less
Intern-Medical Staff Department (Former Employee), West Hills, CAJuly 18, 2013
filing, see how busy it can get at a hospital with all the doctors records
High paced 30 bed Emergency Department
Telemetry Technician/Unit Secretary (Current Employee), West Hills, CAApril 9, 2013
Pros: low cost meals, excellent health care benefits, competitive 401 matching
Cons: short breaks, frequent insufficient staffing, inordinate amounts of extraneous documentation in multiple systems, ineffective department management
12 hour shifts 3-4 days a week - A typical work day includes: diagnostic order entry for 50-80 patients. Contacting ancillary staff to carry out testing. Facilitating the transfer of patients to other hospitals, behavioral health units and skilled nursing facilities. Initiating hospital admissions. Fielding a high volume of phone calls from various – more... parties that include staff, administration, physicians, technicians, patients, visitors, external facilities, etc...Entering charges for all emergency department patients. Assessing patient cardiac monitors for cardiac dysrhythmia and coordinating staff to implement appropriate intervention measures. And other various tasks.

I have learned a great deal about the various operational aspects of an emergency department. I have become more familiar in dealing with IPA's and HMO's to coordinate patient care plans. I have increased my proficiency in large scale multitasking at high volume.

I have been here though 5 different departmental managers in my time with this company. All had differing management techniques and operational styles which they applied with varied degrees of success.

I work with a fine group of nurses and technicians who perform their jobs with efficiency, skill, and care for the well being of their patients.

The hardest part of my job is the constant demand for fast paced multitasking combined with the long work day.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the rare occasions when I get to see how work that I preformed had a direct positive effect on a patient's outcome. – less
Busy workload but great team work
Staff RN (Former Employee), West Hills, CAOctober 8, 2012
Pros: nursing experience in cou/dou
Cons: no relieved breaks
Busy workload in a normal day which helped me develop time management
Good staff and work environment
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), West Hills, CASeptember 2, 2012
High demands on productivity. Computerized documentation can be time consuming. Unionized environment.
Amazing facility to work in :)
Registrar (Former Employee), West HillsAugust 24, 2012
Pros: amazing facility/technologically advanced
Cons: difficult management
West Hills Hospital & Medical Center is personally the most technologically advanced facility in the valley. Most hospital staff are polite. I always learned something new everyday with my duties. This has been my personal, golden ticket, opening doors to other opportunities elsewhere.
Management is a little weak. The new manager was very blunt and – more... unorganized with accommodating her employees' needs. My director, however, was very accommodating and understanding. Like any other work environment, selective co-workers need not be trusted.
The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with the new manager and her personal demands.
Besides the cons of management, I personally enjoyed and am forever grateful to have been employed at this facility. =) – less
Wow!
Intern-Admitting Office (Former Employee), West Hills, CAAugust 10, 2012
Pros: very friendly
My first student volunteer experience and I loved it. I warmed up to the office workers very quickly. Unfortunately it was a volunteer experience and I ended up sad because everyday I went in I got to know them very well and had fun running errands etc. But now I dont see them anymore.
Was a nice place to work
X-RAY TECHNOLOGIST/SPECIAL PROCEDURES TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee), West Hills, CAApril 18, 2012
Pros: trained in special procedures.
Cons: had to leave when my family and i moved
Was a nice place to work. Gave me the opportunity to learn to become a special procedures x-ray tech.