West Houston Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good company if they paid a little more
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2018
Good company if they paid a little more. I don't believe in working the employees to the bone but paying them pennies compared to the other hospitals in Houston, TX.
Would not recommend
Performance Improvement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Very little opportunity for growth. Management is stifling. Nothing is done to improve workplace culture. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am working to make a difference in the lives of others, to improve their quality of care.
Low budget Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2018
If you like working under staffed this is the place to come. Many times when I went into work only 1 CNA was available for 52 patients. So guess who ends up bathing, feeding, changing diapers the Nurse. Normally we are supposed to have 4 CNA's and 5 patients. However 90% of the time we have 6 patients in 1 CNA. The work sucks and the turnover is very high.
Fun and knowledgeable
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2018
Working there was great. Was able to go to school and work weekends. You are recognized for your service with them. You have to be willing to learn and now wait for someone to tell you what to do all the time
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Busy
Weak administrative team
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2018
The weak administrative team has many ideas of what they want to accomplish but no idea how to get there. Staff is often put in unsafe situations to perform new duties with little to no education. Once this hospital gets an accreditation they lose it due to lack of staff support.
west houston medical center
pharmacy technician prn (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2018
good please to work nothing else can change if its busy place where you have to work hard to safe patient life not a bed place to work enjoy working there.
High turnover rate!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2018
I wish things were different here. it has the potential to be a gem in the rough. I believe that the employees are stepped on so the senior leaders can get to where they want to be in the corporation.
family
Health Information Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2017
Management is great, employees work together as team, short distance away from my home, great patience, work with my schedule, small hospital , love it but I need to move on
Pros
working partime
Cons
short breaks
Work
Emergency Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2017
Emergency Room RN. Every day consists with code: STEMI, BLUE, STROKE, SEPSIS.Great staff. Awesome doctors! Great place to work. It is great to be an ER nurse!
PRN nurse practitioner
Nurse Practitioner Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 21, 2017
West Houston is a busy ER. I think it is a great place to work as an NP because you have the ER physician to turn to if needed. There are high acuity patients that require knowledgeable staff.
Quick paced environment
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2017
Overall the company is a great place to work. Weekends are either slow or very busy. Sometimes management can be very aggressive but that is what it takes to work in a hospital setting.
Very good place to work
Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2017
I like place to work. I work three days a week. Everyone is oohappy.Noone try not to quit job from there.I always try to go work for fun.I wish I get a new job
not the best place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Houston TXOctober 19, 2017
Very dirty hospital. Poor management, poor pay, high turnover rate. Management talks about how much they care, actions state otherwise. Very poor compensation.
Pros
free parking
Cons
list too long
I wish I hadn't of relocated.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2017
This is a good company to work for. They are pretty generous in their benefits and you will likely work your normal 40 with some overtime. Be ready to hit the ground running, they are a very busy hospital.
Okay place to start with
Sterile Processing Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2017
The manager at west houston was bipolar and had no sense of professionalism when it came to interacting with her staff, random text messages would be sent at night about current issues.
WEst Houston
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2017
Typical day would be providing care to 4-5 critically ill patients post CABG and cardiac cath. Assessing planning and implementing care to stabilize patients enough to send them home
Satisfactory
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2017
Work as needed in the ICU and telemetary floors, got more familia with cardiac care and open heart surgeries. Managed well with the vision and mission staements driving their course.
Pros
Friendship
Cons
No Benefit
Good environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2017
I enjoyed there when I was with patient, when I took patient's history, took their vitals, discuss with them about their illness. I learned there how to make appointment, how to take care of new and old patient.
community hospital
CLINICAL PHARMACY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2017
Workers (nurses, X-ray techs, etc. ) seem to be friendly and helpful but administration seemed aloof of simple problems that could easily have been improved. Pharmacy was a tight group, helped each other a lot.
My review
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2017
ER Nurses are horrible and send patients to the floor angry. Units close down out of the blue with no explanation. I enjoyed my coworkers, but management and pay is horrible. Plus it's hard to grow within the company