West Houston Medical Center

West Houston Medical Center Employer Reviews

good
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee), EndoscopySeptember 23, 2014
Pros: small hospital
Cons: insurance
Small hospital. Not fare from home,good friends and physician most of them friendly.
West Houston
Cardiovascular IR Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Houston TexasSeptember 16, 2014
I am disappointed in the whole experience at West Houston. I was promised advancement opportunities but the person who made that promise moved to a different department leaving me to a person who did not care for me personally and would not allow me the time to train so that I could become great at my job.
WEST HOUSTON
RN-EMERGENCY SERVICES (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: work ethic
5 STARS ON ALL OF THE ABOVE. EXCELLENT PLACE TO WORK
LOVE THE STAFF AND THE MANAGEMENT
A day as a charge
Lead Respiratory Therapist III (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 15, 2014
Clock in at 6 am, start to check future orders and start dividing assignments for the 12 hr shift. Take report from night shift and go on round assessing each patient in ICU. Once initial evaluation is done do rounds with the Intensivist to give them update and changes made to the patients.
Great work atmospher inside the hospital with diversity and proffesionalism. Great security team and training programs through out the hospital.
Yale Enforcement Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 6, 2014
West Houston Medical Center is a great training ground for all types of proffesionals in a diverse enviornment. The benefits, employees, location, and training programs are outstanding.
learned a lot working there
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 11, 2013
Working there taught me how to commicate with different ethnical groups of people. I learn that althought we are all different we are still the same when it comes to health care. We worked as a team and we had fun doing it.
Wonderful Place to Work
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 13, 2013
Pros: respiratory manager is awesome, faculty, free lunch rewards
Cons: dont take advantage of staff or manager
Its a wonderful place to Work. All colleagues work together in a team to get the job done. The Respiratory Manager just doesn't go to work for a paycheck, he understands RTs and works with you in any issue you might have!
West Houston Medical Center
Ultrasound Student (Former Employee), Richmond, TXNovember 12, 2013
It was always a good day working with such an amazing staff. I learned something new everyday.
enjoyed working with coworkers
Echo Technologist (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2013
I enjoyed working with my coworkers and my cardiologists .I have learn alot from my cardiologists, they appreciate my skills and work .Being on call at night and come to work next morning was kind of hard.
Great office. Very caring staff.
HIM Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 17, 2013
Pros: great co-workers.
Cons: very thankless job, especially when the doctors are angry.
Typically my day starts with looking through my queues on HPF, our electronic medical record system. I check for missing records or documents and scan them in the computer. Answering phones and walk-ins for Release of Information. I have the best boss. My hours were cut due to downsizing and she has done everything she can to give me the most hours – more... she can. My co-workers are the best I've had. The hardest part of my job is sometime the doctors. Trying to get them to sign their deficiences and do paper work is very difficult especially when they are no cooperative. the best part of my job is helping the patients when they come into the office for records or when given a special project. – less
Poor supervision, no team playing spirit
Billing Liasion (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: bonuses
Cons: no team work
This facility, would be a better place to work at , if management would have feelings and concerns of their employees.
Great place to learn for an internship
Occupational Therapist Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 27, 2012
Excellent teamwork among rehabilitation staff. Treat all patients with respect and dignity.
DOES not make you want to even go to work
nurse tech (Former Employee), west houston med centerOctober 19, 2012
Pros: haha petty cash
Cons: only pro floor manager kim
Always understaffed, management, mainly director on floor 6 is god aweful, walks around with her arms crossed, will NOT get her hands dirty to help anyone...I can count on one hand co worker friendly employees on that floor. Compensation is horrid, Hadn't made that little since 1999 in NY. And who ever heard of 25 CENT holiday pay. Yes I said it 25 – more... CENT extra an hour.... Best advice, keep putting apps in at a better paying more team working hospital. Not to mention one with a Director who has the manners of a dog – less
Never a dull moment
CNA (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: good benefits and learning skills
Cons: lack of assistance with patients heavier than myself
This was my first job as a CNA and it was a very stressful yet good learning experience.

I enjoyed working the 11:00 PM - 7:00 AM shift and learned many things from the Registered Nurse as well as the experienced CNA.

It was fun being floated to many different floors of the hospital meeting different patients and gaining skills.
Extensive floating between floors, low compensation
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Med SurgAugust 9, 2012
Pros: good location
Cons: low compensation, floor nurses float daily
Management is very unprofessional and their poor attitudes have lead to high nurse turnover. You will find a majority of new RN's right out of school because they do not know what abuse is at this point. The hardest part of working there is that the physicians are mostly foreigners and they are lacking common equipment such as IV pumps, etc.
Productive workplace
Mammography Technologist - PRN (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 10, 2012
Pros: different events are held through out the year, "chili cook off".
Cons: need breaks
Productive workplace, each day is a new learning experience, co-workers all work as a team, finding that a patient has cancer isn't my favorite part of the job, educating and encouraging patients to learn as much about their own bodies and health is the most enjoyable part of my job.
3 out 5 stars working in the laboratory.
Phlebotomy/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Houston,TxMay 18, 2012
3 out of 5 stars working in the laboratory. I would recommend patient care at this hospital.
West H.
STAFF REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee), Katy, TXMay 2, 2012
Worked nights, more enjoyable than days.
Close to home.
Support by evening staff.