West Houston Medical Center Employee Reviews

RN Experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2017
Excellent place to grow and hone on your nursing skills. Management support to employees is excellent, nice and supportive environment and friendly and diverse employee culture.
Pros
Education and Professional growth
Cons
Patient ratio
Fun while I was there.
PCA Personal Care Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 13, 2017
Enjoyed working the E.R. People, RN's, Doctor's and other staff members were enjoyable to be around. Made a lot of friends. Learned how to be a PCA, and got a promotion to PCA Supervisor. The Director of Nursing was a great boss and a good friend.
Pros
Lot's of company compitions and fun to be around
Cons
long hours and very stressful days
good place to work
Phlebotomy Clinicals (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2017
when you are doing things you like everything is perfect at work. i learned an any department in the laboratory, collection of blood with difficult patients.
Close to Home
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2017
While it's the only place in Houston that offered one-on-one PT services for the entire hour, the management could be better. There's front office doing therapist job -- even though we therapists keep on setting boundaries. Clinic Director is nice but doesn't like conflict, so that means a lot of boundaries are pushed around. Yet, I stuck with it because it's close to home and I get to do what I do best, which is focus on my patient care for each hour.
Pros
close to home, 60min individual care for patients
Cons
unclear boundaries all around
Very productive place to work
CONTRACT/PART TIME (Former Employee) –  HOUSTON, TEXASJanuary 19, 2017
Great company to work for. Fast paced hospital. Very professional people. Management is fair and easy to talk too. All the doctors are great.Friendly staff and everyone works as a team.
Pros
30 MINUTE BREAKS
Cons
2 15 MINUTE BREAKS PER SHIFT
Loved this place
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2017
This was my beginning in Labor and Delivery and a little rest from trauma and the main OR. But it was time for me to get back to the main OR.
Central Sterile Manager
Central Sterile Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXJanuary 13, 2017
West Houston is a Great Hospital and a very cultural diverse environments where managing up employees and creating a friendly, respectable environment is the Focus. Taking care of the patients is there main priority.
Pros
Indepent Working
Cons
Better Pay
Great place to work. Flexible
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Typical day at work included - sitting with patients in crisis. Assisting nurses. Helping patients with activities of daily living. As with any organization, you have good and bad co-workers and management. Overall I value my experience and time at West Houston Medical Center.
Fun people to work with. Had activities outside of work.
Registered Nurse with charge nurse duties at times (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 24, 2016
This was my 1st nursing job. My co-workers made me feel very comfortable and did not hesitate to train me or answer my questions. Orientation was adequate and very helpful. My manager was very approachable. The hardest part of my job was when patients would come in and they would decline instead of getting better like the physician had predicted. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the pediatric patients get better and the relief the parents experienced when they were able to go home.
Pros
Free parking, could set my own shcedule
Cons
It was a med/surg unit; it was frustrating when patients would decline instead of getting better.
Great place to work!
RN 6-MU (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 22, 2016
Wonderful place to work. patient leadership team took the time to ensure I was properly trained. The environment was clean and inviting. The healthcare team was very friendly.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Amazing hospital to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2016
I can only really speak for the Medical-Surgical floor on the 5th floor. Management is tremendous! They always take care and protect their nurses and have an open door policy instead of tossing nurses under the bus when physicians get their panties in a bunch. Team work and patient safety is the name of the game. No question is ever stupid whether you've been a nurse a few years or fifty years. Charge nurses are always helpful if you get backed up. You get to choose your own schedule, with possible tweaks from management to make the schedule fair. Amazing job.
Pros
Management, coworker teamwork, picking own schedule
Cons
understaffing
awesome location
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2016
It takes a couple of weeks to start and adjust, but the management is very helpful and the staff are very accommodating to the influx of new staff. In all a very good place to work.
Pros
friendly
Cons
call time
Active ER
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Typically very busy days. I did two semesters of clinicals at this location. One on general floors and the other with ICU rotation. I enjoyed being able to actively participate in codes and run to rapid responses throughout the hospital. I enjoyed seeing the CEO routinely walk throughout the hospital to employees and patients.
Excellent work environment
Full Time IMCU Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 18, 2015
I enjoy working as an RN at WHMC. Friendly staff, dedicated health care professionals, and quality patient care is what WHMC is all about.
Overall Experience
Registered Nurse, Psych Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 21, 2015
This was a learning experience. Psychiatric nursing is a great specialty. However, there just isn't much skill related nursing opportunities here (i.e. IV infusions, telemetry, wound care, etc.). I would prefer to be much more involved in acute care.
Complex variety of procedures and staff
Lead Cath Lab Tech III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2015
Enjoyable place to work. Many staff members and procedures to keep busy. The most enjoyable part of my days were working alongside the physicians. Education was a big key to this workplace.
OK place to work
OR Buyer/Materials Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2015
Very diverse hospital; managment is not as good as it should be; too much overtime; not enough staff; pay is below average for this area
Cons
short breaks and lunch; too much OT
Lead Biller& Coder- In-Patient (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2015
This is a big hospital the staff is great and are willing to teach you any and everything new. I love coding and they made it very fun and you wanted to get up and go in to work
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no over time
Fun place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2015
Good place to work and have fun as well. The staff is very friendly and get the job done right. When it gets busy at times, the staff will work together to make sure all the work is done.
A good place to work.
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2015
This is a good place to work. I enjoy working with my co-workers. The work environment is based on team work as well as being able to work independently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Houston Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

West Houston Medical Center Reviews by Location