West Jefferson Medical Center Employee Reviews

"We're About Family"
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Gretna, LANovember 23, 2015
I feel like I work with my family. We are there to support and help one another. I have been dedicated to them as my place of employment until my husband took a job in TX.
Poor
Medical Imaging (Current Employee) –  outpatient clinicSeptember 25, 2015
The management at this facility is incompetent to say the least. From the CEO all the way down to the supervisors in the clinics. No clear sense of direction anywhere. The pay raises are between 15 and 30 cents per hour every year. You get rewarded for nothing. There is no motivation to do anything better than status quo. This is by far the worst hospital in the region. Its outdated with outdated equipment as well. My advice would be to look elsewhere. I would give it zero stars if I could.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, poor management
great employees , poor management
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LASeptember 14, 2015
West Jefferson Hospital was a overall great starter job for a new grad. management there were not very nurse friendly. pay was about average.
Was at one time a nice place to work
Lead Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Marrero, LASeptember 13, 2015
West Jefferson Hospital is going downhill. It seems that they are having financial problems and are leasing off part of the hospital. They seem to have no interest in the parts of the establishment they lease off. They don't care how the employee who were once West Jefferson employee before being leased to another company are being treated.
Pros
Cons
not concerned about employees
Customer Relations
Customer Service Liaison (Current Employee) –  Marrero, LA 70072July 21, 2015
Implementing the Customer Service Liaison postion in the Emergency room was great for building relationships with patients.
Was a ok job..
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAJune 29, 2015
I like work here cause it was close to my home. When it came to help from the nurses I would rate it as poor. I didn't like the fact that if u get sick and cant come to work, those days count against you and u will lose your job.
offer great benefits and opportunity
MANAGER OF BEHAVIORAL MEDICINE SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Marrero, La.June 22, 2015
I started in 1991 and spent 19 years at the hospital eventually becoming Manager of Psychiatric Services. The people were that I worked with were the best. I eventually retired in October of 2010.
Collecting and labeling vials.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAJune 1, 2015
I work as the ER phlebotomist everyday. Transported specimen to the lab. I hardest part was keeping my ER timing under 30 minutes.
Most enjoyable part was working with my co workers in ER.
Pros
The location of the job was less then 10 minutes from my house
Cons
short staff
Was one of the first jobs after graduation.
xray lab staff tech (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAApril 29, 2015
I excelled in the work environment, enjoyed the every day grind just to get thru the fluoro schedule. I learned about using different xray machines, calculating techniques and became fluent enough to speak French to the older patients.
Pros
Very busy days made for exciting work days.
Cons
Still using manual processing at first.
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Marrero, LAApril 23, 2015
West Jefferson is a great place to work. The emergency department is well run by management and has a great team of doctors and nurses to care for patients.
Pros
Treat employees well
Cons
I am moving
Admissions Registrar (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAApril 9, 2015
It was an awesome place to work and do what I love, caring for patients. I knew our patients routines and what it took to make their visit a productive and comfortable one
Ok if you have only a high school diploma or ged
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Marrero, LAFebruary 23, 2015
Ok environment. The other clerks are extremely lazy and push their work off on you. The management knows that it's happening and doesn't do anything after complaints are mafe. The pay is terrible but if you need a easy job to get by this may suffice!
Pros
12 hrs shifts 3 to 4 days/wk
Cons
short breaks, lazy coworkers, the buddy system
97% of the patients are very nice
PAS (Current Employee) –  Marrero, LAFebruary 22, 2015
I love working with the patient ,they turn a bad day into a good day.
The benefits are good ,the hours I work ,goes good with my school schedule.
Pros
meet nice people
Cons
employee run the department, no mangers
Productive and I enjoyed working with my coworkers.
Data Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day at work would be relaxing, fun and productive. I learned how to do analysis and re-analysis and prep charts. My coworkers was easy to get along with and we worked well together as a team. The hardest part of the job I would say the hours because my work hours were from 5 a.m to 1:30 p.m.The most enjoyable part of the job was I was able to learn and take on new tasks.
Overall Expirence: West Jefferson Hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LADecember 5, 2014
My overall expirence for West Jefferson Hospital is that it was a pretty good place to work at. It wasn't the best or it was so great to were it was absolutely perfect, but it was good, I made many of friends, received respect (giving in return), and was award many things due to my accomplishments. I have learned how to be very patient and not to let my anger spoil me. The most enjoyable part about volunteering or working at West Jefferson Medical Center is break (eating lunch). The worst part about working at the hospital is having to wait to be told what to do and picking up boxes. I wish their pace was a little faster. My management was well paced--"faster than other", said the president of the Junior Volunteer Program.
Pros
eating lunch and having breaks
Cons
waiting for assignments and picking up boxes.
Great staff productive great learning exprience
Physician Billing Services Representative (Former Employee) –  MARRERODecember 3, 2014
Productive workplace fun meeting people enjoyable great learning exprience
West Jefferson Medical Center
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Marrero, LANovember 29, 2014
In the short time that I've worked at WJMC I have learned a lot.
Pros
employee discount on breakfast and lunch.
Cons
competitive salary.
It was a ok job
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAOctober 24, 2014
The management there suck.. This company is all about who you know. Also they have all kind of racist people there. The pay also sucks
It was a wonderful experience
CNA (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 18, 2014
A typical day at work entering the ER was exciting. Never a dull moment. I've learned so much such as EKG's, doing Foleys, temporary casts and other tasks that was needed to help patients.
Management was alright at times but can improve.
Co-workers was helpful. The hardest part about the job is when staff is short that makes the job more challenging.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that knowing that I was a part on making the patients stay pleasant.
a typical hospital
floor nurse (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAAugust 27, 2014
Working med surg area a nurse learns alot i.e. chest tubes, IVs, lab draws, telemetry, etc.
Co workers are usually to busy with their 7 plus patients to really assist others.
Team review was good to do, because you learn from others.
I enjoyed it, but not the long hours at times.