West Jefferson Medical Center Employee Reviews

You had your group and if you were not liked or deemed acceptable you suffered. Lack professionism
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LADecember 6, 2017
Not , easy, petty and cliches existed. You can kill a patient and continue in Advance ladder. Great employees were overlooked. I WAS ELEVATED BUT NEVER FELT SECURED.
Pros
Job, for 38 years
Cons
Any day you not liked and repercutions are swift
Productive work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LANovember 27, 2017
Greeted customers and assigned cell phones and pagers to physicians, processed work orders for two departments and paid invoices.
Management was great but the work environment was stressful not enough pay and over worked.
Pros
I had a job
Cons
Stressful environment
summary
PBX Dispatch Operator (Current Employee) –  Marrero, LANovember 25, 2017
It is a very face paced job, that is mentally stressful. Ive learned a lot working as a dispatch operator. I enjoy my job and sometimes I work in different departments, 've worked in the mail room, guest services, and the surgery desk. I don't agree with my pay, because the job I do requires a lot from us and to only make 8.67 an hour is horrible. ive been here 4 years now and im just getting to 9.19 an hour
Just my opinion
PBS Rep-Front Desk/Referrals (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LANovember 24, 2017
I worked here many years ago and thought I had the best job ever until hurricane Katrina. I evacuated only to come back home after three weeks, and find out that I was unemployed. Great way to treat your employees after such devastation.
pay is horrible
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAOctober 30, 2017
The company was taken over and job could not be secured. The management could not guarantee job security and company was relocating. There was also no room for growth or advancement.
Productive and a steady work investment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAOctober 20, 2017
Great place to work and make a career of. Manager and staff believe in working together. Basically a set schedule with exception of different off days but work same hours every day
Pros
Great work hours, great associates
Cons
N/a
Family Birth Place (Current Employee) –  Marrero, LAOctober 2, 2017
I work in Labor and Delivery. Its a fast paced, stressful job but very rewarding. My coworkers are the best part of working there. A lot of teamwork and cohesiveness occurs on this unit making the shift worthwhile. Management is easy to work with and accommodates home and family life .
Productive and fun place to work
resident feeding/hygiene, and room sanitizing (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 23, 2017
Great place to work. fun place to work. Great staff. workplace culture was ok. management ok. nurse to patient ratio was kind of unsafe. 6-1 with a charge that has 2 or 3 patients.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Nurse to patient ratio
I enjoy my job.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marrero, LASeptember 21, 2017
I'm a Licensed Practical Nurse, working in the Anesthesia Department. I work PRN, and enjoy the fast pace of the job. I enjoy working with my peers. I hope to continue to be a asset to the company.
liked it
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LASeptember 12, 2017
very good place to work, little stress but doable, liked everyone worked with, management very good helpful, only left due to hours but overall good place
Pros
hours and people
Cons
stressful times
stressful sometimes
Employee (Former Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 6, 2017
this job was stressful sometimes becuase of the work load and then you had to come in on your days off for classes. it was hard becuse of my kids and stuff.
career starter
Senior Physician Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAAugust 7, 2017
This organization provided the me with the skills to jump start my adventure in healthcare operations. It was easy to navigate the system and help was never out of reach.
Biller
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAAugust 6, 2017
Review edits and corrected appropriate errors for hospital billing, worked with physicians for timely processing.
Assist customer service for collections.
Ok place to work
RN/LPN (Current Employee) –  Marrero, LAJuly 3, 2017
Management needs improvement, hours too long. Typical day is not what discussed in interview. Patient nurse ratio is increased. Shortage hospital wide.
Pros
discounts in cafe, giftshop, and other company discounts, gym benefits
Cons
shortage, long hours, management sucks
Productive and caring place of employment
RN in The Mental Health ER (MHERE) (Current Employee) –  Marrero, LAJune 24, 2017
Constantly reviewing ways to improve patient throughput
Teamwork
How to manage an acute mental health patient
Mindful of organizational skills and time management, policies and procedures., staff education and certification
How to deal with a variety of clients
Good working relationship between the nursing staff, physicians , other departments s/a CT, MRI, Radiology, and Laboratory to quickly and efficiently treat our patients
Amazing
Patient Aide Transporter (Current Employee) –  Marrero, LAJune 21, 2017
My job in the workplace is fairly competitive a balanced and very relaxing realistic environment to work in. Everyday there's something new to learn. Extravagant guests to meet. The patients are a joy to be around, rather it's on the floors or one of the units. I really do like the diversity and culture this institution has to offer. It's really a equal opportunity for all gainfully employees.
Pros
Great
Cons
loved the job, coworkers, enviornment
EMT-Basic & Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAJune 20, 2017
I loved the job that I did here.. The randomness of my work days, how quickly the day went from one thing to another. The absolute unexpectedness of the job.

I loved helping patients, from all walks of like, in their most vulnerable & frightening moments.. & knowing that I did the best I could to make a difference for them.

I also enjoyed working with my coworkers.. The partnerships & friendships that were developed, beyond just @ work.
Pros
job enviornment, the work itself, coworkers
Cons
long hours, working very long extended hours sometimes
pay
Unit Clerk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAJune 1, 2017
This company is great they just need to start people off with better pay they will keep the staff and they can grow. I am very patient but with my qualification I think that I should have started off with a better pay.
This was a great place to obtain experience and move on.
Human Resources Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAMay 31, 2017
West Jefferson Medical Center was once, one big happy family. New Management took over in the late 1990s early 2000s and things drastically changed daily.
Pros
Convenience of Location
Cons
Unfairness
Nice staff and coworkers
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Marrero, LAMay 9, 2017
The company as a whole is ok, however the benefits are not good and the hours are long. There is poor patient to staff ratio. The floor is all the time short staffed and staffing is constantly moving employees to different departments due to shortage of staff.
Pros
Pay is good.
Cons
Work is hard and not enough staff