West Jefferson Medical Center

West Jefferson Medical Center Employer Reviews

97% of the patients are very nice
PAS (Current Employee), Marrero, LAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: meet nice people
Cons: employee run the department, no mangers
I love working with the patient ,they turn a bad day into a good day.
The benefits are good ,the hours I work ,goes good with my school schedule.
Productive and I enjoyed working with my coworkers.
Data Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Marrero, LAFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day at work would be relaxing, fun and productive. I learned how to do analysis and re-analysis and prep charts. My coworkers was easy to get along with and we worked well together as a team. The hardest part of the job I would say the hours because my work hours were from 5 a.m to 1:30 p.m.The most enjoyable part of the job was I was able to learn and take on new tasks.
Overall Expirence: West Jefferson Hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee), Marrero, LADecember 5, 2014
Pros: eating lunch and having breaks
Cons: waiting for assignments and picking up boxes.
My overall expirence for West Jefferson Hospital is that it was a pretty good place to work at. It wasn't the best or it was so great to were it was absolutely perfect, but it was good, I made many of friends, received respect (giving in return), and was award many things due to my accomplishments. I have learned how to be very patient and not to let my anger spoil me. The most enjoyable part about volunteering or working at West Jefferson Medical Center is break (eating lunch). The worst part about working at the hospital is having to wait to be told what to do and picking up boxes. I wish their pace was a little faster. My management was well paced--"faster than other", said the president of the Junior Volunteer Program.
GREAT STAFF PRODUCTIVE GREAT LEARNING EXPRIENCE
Physician Billing Services Representative (Former Employee), MARRERODecember 3, 2014
PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE FUN MEETING PEOPLE ENJOYABLE GREAT LEARNING EXPRIENCE
West Jefferson Medical Center
Clerk (Current Employee), Marrero, LANovember 29, 2014
Pros: employee discount on breakfast and lunch.
Cons: competitive salary.
In the short time that I've worked at WJMC I have learned a lot.
It was a ok job
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Marrero, LAOctober 24, 2014
The management there suck.. This company is all about who you know. Also they have all kind of racist people there. The pay also sucks
It was a wonderful experience
CNA (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 18, 2014
A typical day at work entering the ER was exciting. Never a dull moment. I've learned so much such as EKG's, doing Foleys, temporary casts and other tasks that was needed to help patients.
Management was alright at times but can improve.
Co-workers was helpful. The hardest part about the job is when staff is short that makes the job more challenging.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that knowing that I was a part on making the patients stay pleasant.
a typical hospital
floor nurse (Former Employee), Marrero, LAAugust 27, 2014
Working med surg area a nurse learns alot i.e. chest tubes, IVs, lab draws, telemetry, etc.
Co workers are usually to busy with their 7 plus patients to really assist others.
Team review was good to do, because you learn from others.
I enjoyed it, but not the long hours at times.
My Typical Day At Work
Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Marrero, LAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: building a great repertoire with patients and coworkers.
Cons: short lunch breaks.
I typically start my work day off by arriving at work early and prepping by getting everything I need in order to have a successful work day. I then, check my assignments to see where I'm placed for work, and then receive report from a coworker so that I can navigate around what has happened prior to the start of my shift. I'm big on planning, staying organized and practicing time management skills. Since I'm the communicator with nurses, doctors and all other staff, it's vital that I interact professionally, and positively with my coworkers. The hardest part about my job, is that sometimes, situations may arise which would force me to post-pone a few job duties in order to solve problems. However, I always get caught back up and continue with my daily duties. I just so happen to have been blessed with some amazing coworkers who are great to work with and we try our best to make work enjoyable.
qualities and skills
Patient Support Specialist (Current Employee), Marrero, LAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: meeting wonderful patients
a typical day at work consist of great verbal communication and critical thinking. Time management. Leaning to deal with difficult co-workers. Multi-tasking
Family Oriented Place to Work
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Marrero, LAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: conveniently located
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work is filled with something different everyday. Candidates and Employees are seen all throughout the day. Non-stop action all the time which keeps me on my toes and busy at all times. I enjoy helping people the way I wish to be assisted when I need help. I provide my full attention to the person in need of my assistance.

Management is at its best at this present day and time. My co-workers (team players) are the best group of workers anyone could ever work with. We are like one big happy family and work very well together.

The hardest part of my job is when it is time to leave for the day and there is still work left to be done.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I know that I was able to make a difference in helping someone along the way.
no chance of advancement, management issues
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Marrero, LAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: the coworkers on my unit are team players
Cons: low pay, no advancement, no appreciation
Management doesn't care about their employees or show their appreciation. Telemetry unit is more of a dumping unit of med-surg patients. Between admits & discharges you may take care of 8-9 pts a day!
Friendly atmosphere and great co-workers
RN (Current Employee), Marrero, LAJuly 1, 2014
I do not get all of my full time hours, so my pay checks are usually short.
Patient Access Registrar (Former Employee), Marrero, LAJune 18, 2014
interesting place to work and be productive as well as meeting and interacting with new people
Ilove to work around staff and patience in a hospital setting.
Electrician (Current Employee), Marrero, LAMay 17, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: people who are sick that never come out of the hospital.i feel sad for there families.
Working in Kitchen, Making repairs needed to keep the hospital in top shape. I learned to work with verity of people that enter the facilities. Management is all ways finding ways to help us with Policy and Procedures of the hospital and they are great when you have questions that no one else can answer. Co-workers have taught me things that was needed to perform other parts of the jobs that wasn't sure of also taught them skills of the Electrical position that was needed for them to complete jobs on a daily basis. When family enter hospital for sickness and having to deal with it on a daily basis while there. I love working with all personal and work on training from others and teaching others about jobs they don't know.
The Family Birth Place has a wonderful staff to work with and the night shift has a team mentality.
Registered Nurse, Labor and Delivery (Current Employee), Marrero, LAMay 14, 2014
Pros: good pay and healthcare benefits, great coworkers
Cons: no management back up on night shift when the unit get very busy, organization does not pay for any ceritifications or tuition reimbursment any longer.
The typical work day (night shift) is generally a little short staffed with no real management support. I enjoy the management and care of our patients whether high risk or the normal laboring patient. I am one of the night charge nurses as well as preceptors. We have four seasoned experience labor and delivery nurses and six mixed of new graduate nurses and new to labor and delivery nurses; so their is always teaching and guidance needed on my part. The labor and delivery department is essentially the obstetrical emergency department for pregnancies over 20 weeks gestation. We generally have two RNs on duty and one surgical scrub tech and we have a steady flow of patients during the night. We have the capacity to contain up to 17 patients on fetal monitors. I wish that this department utilized more evidence based practice in the policies and procedures and protocols. Our department director and assistant director started a year ago and neither had a background in maternal-child nursing. This makes getting new protocols and policies slow to incorporate.
ABOVE AVERAGE
great management
great co-workers
great benefits
competitive pay
Loved my job and the people I worked with and worked for. Really made me feel like I was making a difference. It was very rewarding.
Central Sterilization Technician (Former Employee), Marrero, LAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: very good insurance benefits (health, dental, vision, prescription discounts, employee discounts, 403b retirement) etc.
Cons: cannot think of any.
I worked a mid-shift, 3:00pm to 11:30pm, worked a lot of overtime. I learned a lot. After doing accounting for over 25 years, I was ready for a change and I was given the opportunity of a lifetime to learn new things and meet new people. It was a sad moment that I had to leave for personal reasons. I enjoyed every part of everything I did. It was rewarding in ways that are completely unexplainable. I did a lot of online testing in which I received "Certificates of Completion". I was looking forward to learning much more and I would still love to learn much more regarding the medical field and what I was doing on a day to day basis.
Hospital campaign design creations
Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Artist (Current Employee), Marrero, LAOctober 16, 2013
Great flexibility, great work environment & extremely kind & helpful people to work for.

1 2 3