West Jefferson Medical Center

West Jefferson Medical Center Employee Reviews

offer great benefits and opportunity
MANAGER OF BEHAVIORAL MEDICINE SERVICES (Former Employee), Marrero, La.June 22, 2015
I started in 1991 and spent 19 years at the hospital eventually becoming Manager of Psychiatric Services. The people were that I worked with were the best. I eventually retired in October of 2010.
Collecting and labeling vials.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Marrero, LAJune 1, 2015
Pros: The location of the job was less then 10 minutes from my house
Cons: short staff
I work as the ER phlebotomist everyday. Transported specimen to the lab. I hardest part was keeping my ER timing under 30 minutes.
Most enjoyable part was working with my co workers in ER.
Was one of the first jobs after graduation.
xray lab staff tech (Former Employee), Harvey, LAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Very busy days made for exciting work days.
Cons: Still using manual processing at first.
I excelled in the work environment, enjoyed the every day grind just to get thru the fluoro schedule. I learned about using different xray machines, calculating techniques and became fluent enough to speak French to the older patients.
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee), Marrero, LAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Treat employees well
Cons: I am moving
West Jefferson is a great place to work. The emergency department is well run by management and has a great team of doctors and nurses to care for patients.
Admissions Registrar (Former Employee), Marrero, LAApril 9, 2015
It was an awesome place to work and do what I love, caring for patients. I knew our patients routines and what it took to make their visit a productive and comfortable one
Ok if you have only a high school diploma or ged
Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Marrero, LAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: 12 hrs shifts 3 to 4 days/wk
Cons: short breaks, lazy coworkers, the buddy system
Ok environment. The other clerks are extremely lazy and push their work off on you. The management knows that it's happening and doesn't do anything after complaints are mafe. The pay is terrible but if you need a easy job to get by this may suffice!
97% of the patients are very nice
PAS (Current Employee), Marrero, LAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: meet nice people
Cons: employee run the department, no mangers
I love working with the patient ,they turn a bad day into a good day.
The benefits are good ,the hours I work ,goes good with my school schedule.
Productive and I enjoyed working with my coworkers.
Data Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Marrero, LAFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day at work would be relaxing, fun and productive. I learned how to do analysis and re-analysis and prep charts. My coworkers was easy to get along with and we worked well together as a team. The hardest part of the job I would say the hours because my work hours were from 5 a.m to 1:30 p.m.The most enjoyable part of the job was I was able to learn and take on new tasks.
Overall Expirence: West Jefferson Hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee), Marrero, LADecember 5, 2014
Pros: eating lunch and having breaks
Cons: waiting for assignments and picking up boxes.
My overall expirence for West Jefferson Hospital is that it was a pretty good place to work at. It wasn't the best or it was so great to were it was absolutely perfect, but it was good, I made many of friends, received respect (giving in return), and was award many things due to my accomplishments. I have learned how to be very patient and not to let my anger spoil me. The most enjoyable part about volunteering or working at West Jefferson Medical Center is break (eating lunch). The worst part about working at the hospital is having to wait to be told what to do and picking up boxes. I wish their pace was a little faster. My management was well paced--"faster than other", said the president of the Junior Volunteer Program.
GREAT STAFF PRODUCTIVE GREAT LEARNING EXPRIENCE
Physician Billing Services Representative (Former Employee), MARRERODecember 3, 2014
PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE FUN MEETING PEOPLE ENJOYABLE GREAT LEARNING EXPRIENCE
West Jefferson Medical Center
Clerk (Current Employee), Marrero, LANovember 29, 2014
Pros: employee discount on breakfast and lunch.
Cons: competitive salary.
In the short time that I've worked at WJMC I have learned a lot.
It was a ok job
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Marrero, LAOctober 24, 2014
The management there suck.. This company is all about who you know. Also they have all kind of racist people there. The pay also sucks
It was a wonderful experience
CNA (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 18, 2014
A typical day at work entering the ER was exciting. Never a dull moment. I've learned so much such as EKG's, doing Foleys, temporary casts and other tasks that was needed to help patients.
Management was alright at times but can improve.
Co-workers was helpful. The hardest part about the job is when staff is short that makes the job more challenging.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that knowing that I was a part on making the patients stay pleasant.
a typical hospital
floor nurse (Former Employee), Marrero, LAAugust 27, 2014
Working med surg area a nurse learns alot i.e. chest tubes, IVs, lab draws, telemetry, etc.
Co workers are usually to busy with their 7 plus patients to really assist others.
Team review was good to do, because you learn from others.
I enjoyed it, but not the long hours at times.
My Typical Day At Work
Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Marrero, LAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: building a great repertoire with patients and coworkers.
Cons: short lunch breaks.
I typically start my work day off by arriving at work early and prepping by getting everything I need in order to have a successful work day. I then, check my assignments to see where I'm placed for work, and then receive report from a coworker so that I can navigate around what has happened prior to the start of my shift. I'm big on planning, staying organized and practicing time management skills. Since I'm the communicator with nurses, doctors and all other staff, it's vital that I interact professionally, and positively with my coworkers. The hardest part about my job, is that sometimes, situations may arise which would force me to post-pone a few job duties in order to solve problems. However, I always get caught back up and continue with my daily duties. I just so happen to have been blessed with some amazing coworkers who are great to work with and we try our best to make work enjoyable.
qualities and skills
Patient Support Specialist (Current Employee), Marrero, LAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: meeting wonderful patients
a typical day at work consist of great verbal communication and critical thinking. Time management. Leaning to deal with difficult co-workers. Multi-tasking
Family Oriented Place to Work
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Marrero, LAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: conveniently located
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work is filled with something different everyday. Candidates and Employees are seen all throughout the day. Non-stop action all the time which keeps me on my toes and busy at all times. I enjoy helping people the way I wish to be assisted when I need help. I provide my full attention to the person in need of my assistance.

Management is at its best at this present day and time. My co-workers (team players) are the best group of workers anyone could ever work with. We are like one big happy family and work very well together.

The hardest part of my job is when it is time to leave for the day and there is still work left to be done.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I know that I was able to make a difference in helping someone along the way.
no chance of advancement, management issues
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Marrero, LAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: the coworkers on my unit are team players
Cons: low pay, no advancement, no appreciation
Management doesn't care about their employees or show their appreciation. Telemetry unit is more of a dumping unit of med-surg patients. Between admits & discharges you may take care of 8-9 pts a day!
Friendly atmosphere and great co-workers
RN (Current Employee), Marrero, LAJuly 1, 2014
I do not get all of my full time hours, so my pay checks are usually short.
Patient Access Registrar (Former Employee), Marrero, LAJune 18, 2014
interesting place to work and be productive as well as meeting and interacting with new people

1 2 3