West Pharmaceutical Services Employee Reviews

Good company
Compounder (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 4, 2017
Good company to work for with good people and benefits. would recommend to anyone looking for a long term job with good benefits and working conditions
Top Heavy Management, Too many Chiefs
Senior Technical Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAOctober 27, 2017
Customer view West as arrogant and they are 100% correct. West has a high turnover rate. It is a good ole boys club. There is a lot of backstabbing and in fighting at West. With the change of CEO, the culture at West has changed drastically.
Pros
Comenpensation and benefits
Cons
Lack of Diversity, Poor Management
October 31, 2017

At West, we partner closely with our clients to create a healthier world. We work hard to attract and develop a world class technical support team to that has a strong sense of partnership and client-first mindset. While I am glad to see your positive feedback on the compensation and benefits, I am sorry to hear the negative aspects of your experience. I would welcome the chance to hear your input directly (peggy.tayloe@westpharma.com), so that we might find ways to continually improve. Our CEO, Eric Green, joined West in April, 2015. Under his leadership, the organization has managed a lot of change and growth. Among the changes West has seen an influx of new ideas, new pathways for career growth, and an increase in diversity. We hope this progress helps West become an even better organization moving forward. Thanks for taking the time to provide your review. - Peggy Tayloe, Vice President, Human Resources

typical factory
Molder Operator (Former Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PASeptember 28, 2017
you have a chance to move up, but some favortism is shown. i was never sent home, but work had been hard to come by at times. Overtime was normally available if work wasn't slow. gave almost a 2 week notice when i left and they cut my insurance the day i handed my scrubs in, not the day my notice was for. i was to get paid for another holiday and didn't receive that pay because of handing my scrubs in before the day my notice ended also.
Pros
3 day weekends
Cons
12 nights tour schedule is ROUGH!
October 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We value all feedback as we are always looking at ways to improve. Although we cannot respond on your specific situation, we do have policies and procedures in place for health benefits and holiday pay to ensure consistency of administration when resignation notices are given.

Global leader in pharmaceutical packaging components
Director, Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAAugust 23, 2017
Growing company with a strong business plan to move forward. The company is expanding in global markets and expanding its reach into the market for delivery systems.
August 24, 2017

Thanks for the nice feedback! I am glad to hear that you support the company’s customer-focused business strategy.

good place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCAugust 17, 2017
This place gave a lot of overtime and it was a joy to work with my coworkers. The atmosphere was good and good opportunity for advancement. I would go back if given the opportunity.
Pros
pay
Cons
building exploded
August 18, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your sincerity. Employee satisfaction is very important to West.

Fast-Paced and Fun
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 31, 2017
I loved my time at West. I only left to follow career path that I had perused. Fast-paced work environment with focus on precise and quality. These are medical products being made.
Pros
Good pay. Room for advancement. Promotes Internally.
Cons
Usually start on 3rd shift.
August 1, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your employment with West. We strive to foster a positive working environment for all our staff, and we’re so pleased you’ve decided to share your experience.

Great Benefits
Cell Technician (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 21, 2017
The benefits offered at West are second to none. Between the option to buy company stock, 401K offerings as well as the medical plan, these are tough to beat.
July 5, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. Our goal is to provide all our employees with comprehensive benefits to help them protect their health and financial well-being. We are glad you are so pleased with the package.

Job Stability
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCJune 20, 2017
Great Job Stability. People are wonderful to be around and are very willing to help. Hours can be adjusted to meet needs of department. Very own office and test equipment. Indirect labor.
July 5, 2017

Thank you for the review. We try our best to foster a productive, positive, and performance driven culture. I am glad to hear you appreciate the genuine care each member of our leadership team puts into our people.

easy workplace and good pay
Mold cell tech (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 19, 2017
From my experience from working with West I would say its a great workplace. The pay is great, the work is easy and the people are very friendly. I would say this place is a good workplace.
Pros
Good pay, Friendly people, Easy work, etc.
July 5, 2017

Thanks for the nice feedback! I'm glad you're enjoying your experience at West. I hope we always remain "Con-free,” but in case you ever start to see something trend in the wrong direction, please let us know.

Good company
R&D Formula Development Chemist (Former Employee) –  Lionville, PAJune 7, 2017
It's been a long time since I've been there and there has been a great amount of turnover.
I advanced from production operator to technician to chemist in my time there and had the opportunity to learn a great amount about plastics, rubber and composites.
Pros
great opportunity to learn
Cons
Employment drive by degree, not experience

Amazing crew and managers
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLMay 24, 2017
What can I say about West Pharmaceutical? Everybody was pleasant to work with the managers were on point and respectful you were treated as a human being and there is so many perks to this job, just for doing your job!
Pros
Treated with so much respect
Cons
I wish that your would have lasted longer and wasn't temporary

Mostly fine
Analytical Laboratory Co-op (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAMay 1, 2017
Job was fine, and the pay was reasonable at the time. The lab tech jobs are very repetitive and get old quickly. Most of the time is spent on documentation and doing the same tests day in and day out.
July 5, 2017

At West, we strive to thoroughly understand our employees’ needs, as well as give us a better understanding of our facilities. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to improve the challenges you’ve mentioned.

Good Paying Job
Molding Operator (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEApril 26, 2017
The pay and benefits are the best in Kearney.Fun place to work.Management is really friendly and concerned about the workers. With the quarterly bonus, definitely the best paying job in town

Decent job
Modular Operator (Former Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PAMarch 23, 2017
The pay was pretty good and I loved the rotating 12 hour shifts. Management was horrible but whats new with these types of jobs. Other workers made the day go by pretty quick!
Pros
pay
Cons
management
July 5, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your employment with West. It’s important that we learn about challenges, such as yours, in order to foster a stronger working environment. Your feedback will help us do that.

great place to work
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCMarch 22, 2017
This was one of the best jobs I ever had in my life. We got he work done and had fun doing it. Everyone was like a big family. The management staff was excellent.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
breaks not long enough

Typical Industrial Environment
Vision Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PAMarch 10, 2017
No real complaints about this company. They treat their employees well, with decent benefits, and the pay is comparable to the market in the area. But just like with any industry and company, there are internal things that could be improved upon. Overall, it is a decent place to work.
July 6, 2017

We value and consider all feedback, and we will continue to find ways to improve.

Horrible - AVOID
IT (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAMarch 4, 2017
The absolute worst place I have ever experienced
No leadership, old-boys club, everyone came in through connections - whether qualified or not. It's all about who you know not what you know. Micro-management is the name of the game.

Happy to be out of there. Treat people like dirt - zero respect or common decency. Back stabbing and kissing up to stay in management good graces. Lots of self promotion at the expense of team members
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Abusive demeaning treatment by management.
July 5, 2017

Employee satisfaction is important to us and it is troubling to hear about your experience at West. It is critical that we learn about challenges such as yours, in order to create a work environment where employees feel they're valued and respected by leadership and others. We appreciate and consider your candid feedback, and we will continue to find ways to improve. I am disappointed to hear about some of your experiences.

Many position held with company
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Lionville, PAMarch 1, 2017
Held many position within my 17 year employment with company. Positions held: were Receptionist, User Services Assistant, Video Conferencing Coordinator, 3rd shift Operator and Pricing Analysis.
Pros
great company!!
July 5, 2017

Thanks for the nice feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed your experience at West.

Not applicable
Mechanical Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 25, 2017
Not applicable....Only Asians and White folks heaven...total diversity is something not welcome here...seriously...a few folks really are positive but I was glad we parted ways, i was dying on a daily...
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
July 6, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry your experience led you to believe that diversity is not valued as West. West works hard to build and foster an inclusive workforce and workplace. This is a critical tenant of our Diversity and Inclusion strategy and our success in this space is critical to us delivering on our promise of a healthier world. We will continue to make strides toward our goal of a diverse and inclusive environment for all our employees.

Best Job Ever
Laboratory Worker (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAFebruary 2, 2017
In the beginning there is a lot to learn, however the management and training team give all of the time and support needed to quickly adapt you to your job. All benefits packages are "Personal Choice" and very inexpensive. The upper management is very approachable and quite easy to talk to. They actually listen to their employees and take their opinions seriously.
Pros
GREAT work/life balance, incredible benefits, amazing management. Flexible schedule (which is great when you have kids)
Cons
I really can't think of any.
July 5, 2017

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Pharmaceutical Services. Our community is ready to answer.