WEST PHARMACEUTICAL Employee Reviews

Great culture, environment
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAAugust 29, 2016
Finally, a company culture that promotes flexibility, work/life balance and promoting their internals over hiring externally!

West seems to understand the value of their employees and that happy people= productivity.
Pros
Great benefits, good time off
Excellent Company
R&D Machinist; Lead Cell Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 26, 2016
This was a great company to work for, they took care of their employees with competitive pay, excellent benefits and yearly bonuses.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Transfer process is lacking
Metrology Department at Phoenix Location is not a good place to work at all.
Quality Engineer / Metrologist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2017
It has a really bad work environment. My boss never accept any improvement if it comes from somebody else but him. Even if it was approved from the Kaizen group.
Great place to work.
Production Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCNovember 5, 2016
great place to work with lots of opportunity. Bonuses are great as well.Work schedule is very helpful around the hours of my child schedule. typical work day is very smooth.
Great Parties!
5111 Park St. St. Petersburg,Florida (Former Employee) –  A-MolderNovember 10, 2011
Great Company to work for with great benifits. The company is a supplier for many customers and is run by customers. If a customer wants a new product, the company bouhgt the supplies to produce the product. the products are pharmaceutical which are made for pharmaceutical vials and sringes.
Pros
when the employees do good, they are rewarded with free lunch.
Cons
the lunch breaks were very short.
Good experience and great co workers
LABORER (Former Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PAOctober 1, 2014
Balance and maintain employee benefits and enroll and delete from plan as needed. Track and maintain all employee earned vacation and sick time earned. Process and collect all monies due for retirees insurance. Much more
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Pay and benefits were not good
job summary
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 3, 2016
Great working environment and growth. Company pay is below national average of other Pharmaceutical companies.More growth and diversity is needed.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
lack of diversity and pay
All day every day
Trimmer, Packer (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCJuly 22, 2012
The supervisors are never satisfied with what you do they always want more. They rules in place that they want you to follow, but when it benefits them the rules are out the door.
Pros
i have a job.
Cons
everything else
Best Job available to me at the time.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 15, 2014
The shifts are long(12hrs) and somewhat tedious. Hard to adjust my body clock to long night shift hours in order to sleep during the day. Management and co-workers are amicable and fairly easy to get along with. Being a temporary at this company, sometimes you are treated as such (expendable), but an overall good experience. I'm learning about Plastic Injection Molding and that is a plus.
Pros
Nice work environment.
Cons
Long hours.
this company looks out for their employees and lets you know they appreciate you.they have a company picnic in the summer and a end of the year party.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PAMarch 2, 2015
I love working with a team of co workers who are there to help whenever possible.the plant manager is very friendly and respects all opinions.they offer quarterly bonuses if we meet all expectations and they have an end of the year party and give away prizes,we also have a company picnic in the summer at a local amusement park for employees and their families.
Pros
advancement, quartlerly bonuses
Cons
12 hour shifts
Assembly
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 14, 2015
assembling product
How to work in a fast paced environment
Cross trained
Management approachable
keeping up with demand for product
meeting production quotas
Co-workers/ team work
Incentive based bonus
Overtime
Pros
Overtime
factory job
Molder Laborer (Former Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PAJanuary 5, 2016
typical day was go to work do your strecthes then stand in one spot for twelve hrs you would put the rubber stoppers in the mold then when done you would stomp out any defects.
Overall its a Pleasure work here
module tech (Current Employee) –  PAOctober 17, 2014
I enjoy my job, i come into work to make sure the job gets done. I get along with the other workers. A typical day at my job is normal, its a great environment to work in. To be honest i have no complaints to make toward management, they manage the warehouse the way its suppose to be managed. The hardest part about my job would be actually nothing due to the fact that i am able to deal with the job and whatever is thrown at me. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we work in a clean and healthy environment, knowing that we can help hospitals save life or treat a patient with our equipment.
Pros
Give Bonuses
Cons
Not a lot of overtime given
good company, good benefit
Shop Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 23, 2015
typical work involve manual labor tasks, I learned new skill to operate forklift, scissor lift,management typical of manufacturing,good co-worker get along well with all,hardest part of job involve using various chemicals,and many times involve heavy lifting, most enjoyable part is the job position is flexible no strict repetitive tasks.
Great work atmosphere
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCJune 16, 2014
Average day in the work place. Management is great with work instructions and steady work assignments. Co-workers are fun and filled with joy, as well as being helpful. The hardest part of the job is the non competitive pay rate. The most exciting part of the joy is really knowing that your job is secure in the medical field.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Low pay rate
Great Working Environment
Help Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAAugust 6, 2012
A typical day consisted of providing 1st and 2nd tier PC support.

Learned about Administering Active Directory, AS400, Lotus Notes, Blackberry and Novell accounts. Setting up videotel conferences.

Management was always available for providing support and offering valuable suggestions.

My co-workers were very supportive by answering questions and providing valuable ideas and suggestions.

Working double shifts.

Solving client problems.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
would have liked to attend more training programs
Enjoyed my time at west.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, PAMay 1, 2012
I enjoyed my time at west. All of my co-workers got along it was like we were family. everyone worked together to get the job done. The management had an open dooor policy and they were more than willing to sit down and talk things over with you whether it was about the job or personal. I learned how a team works when everyone gets along. They would have catered dinners and in the summer they would have a cook out a few times for each shift.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
plant closed
Great job
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCNovember 11, 2015
• Activated mold press to produce molded panels of product following the SOI’s and instructions also perform acute attention to detail on mold panels
Very good work environment
Mold Cell Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 21, 2013
operating press making various medical equipment I learned a lot about sop and sap's how improtant it was to follow them for productivity.The management was very family oriented the hardest padt of the job was getting certified the tests,the best part was knowing you are helping to save lives making the various parts.
Fast pace, and hard company to work for
Tool and Die Repair and Manual Machinist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 25, 2013
Fast paced company, which burns out practically every employee.
Extremely high turn over rate.
Pros
great advancement, pay and opportunities.
Cons
7 day work weeks at 10 to 12 hours a day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WEST PHARMACEUTICAL. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4