WEST PHARMACEUTICAL

WEST PHARMACEUTICAL Employer Reviews

Great work atmosphere
Material Handler (Current Employee), Kinston, NCJune 16, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: low pay rate
Average day in the work place. Management is great with work instructions and steady work assignments. Co-workers are fun and filled with joy, as well as being helpful. The hardest part of the job is the non competitive pay rate. The most exciting part of the joy is really knowing that your job is secure in the medical field.
Best Job available to me at the time.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMay 15, 2014
Pros: nice work environment.
Cons: long hours.
The shifts are long(12hrs) and somewhat tedious. Hard to adjust my body clock to long night shift hours in order to sleep during the day. Management and co-workers are amicable and fairly easy to get along with. Being a temporary at this company, sometimes you are treated as such (expendable), but an overall good experience. I'm learning about Plastic – more... Injection Molding and that is a plus. – less
Great company
Confidential (Current Employee), Kinston, NCMay 8, 2014
Expanding company with many employees who have been with the company long term and have gone through numerous business phases.
hardworking not fun place
Mold Cell Operator (Current Employee), st pete flApril 10, 2014
a typical day at work consist of using heavy machinery and non stop work.
West Pharmaceutical Drug Delivery was a great place to work.
Associate QA Manager, Drug Delivery Division, R&D (Former Employee), Lionville, PAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: team work excellence
Cons: shut down of the drug delivery program
WPDD staff were conscientious, detail oriented, team players determined to produce a safe, effective drugs for the public. My time there was educational, challenging and I enjoyed wonderful camaraderie.
GREAT JOB
Supervisor (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAOctober 22, 2013
fun night of work
how to be a good supervisor
great group to supervise
Stable work Place
Module Operator (Former Employee), Jersey Shore, PAAugust 5, 2013
Pros: company lunxhes
Cons: little vacation time
A typical would be running/operating a compression molding press.Learn some managerial and people skills working as a back up supervisor.One of the hardest part of the job is the unstable traits of rubber
Fast pace, and hard company to work for
Tool and Die Repair and Manual Machinist (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 25, 2013
Pros: great advancement, pay and opportunities.
Cons: 7 day work weeks at 10 to 12 hours a day.
Fast paced company, which burns out practically every employee.
Extremely high turn over rate.
productive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Jersey Shore, PAJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: work with allot of good people
Cons: long 12 hour days
I enjoyed my job here working in the warehouse up til my motorcycle accident in 2008 which i became partially disabled and could not work this full time job anymore. I am looking for Part-time work that I can handle to help make ends meet.
Very good work environment
Mold Cell Operator (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 21, 2013
operating press making various medical equipment I learned a lot about sop and sap's how improtant it was to follow them for productivity.The management was very family oriented the hardest padt of the job was getting certified the tests,the best part was knowing you are helping to save lives making the various parts.
Great Working Environment
Help Desk Associate (Former Employee), Exton, PAAugust 6, 2012
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: would have liked to attend more training programs
A typical day consisted of providing 1st and 2nd tier PC support.

Learned about Administering Active Directory, AS400, Lotus Notes, Blackberry and Novell accounts. Setting up videotel conferences.

Management was always available for providing support and offering valuable suggestions.

My co-workers were very supportive by answering questions and – more... providing valuable ideas and suggestions.

Working double shifts.

Solving client problems. – less
All day every day
Trimmer, Packer (Current Employee), Kinston, NCJuly 22, 2012
Pros: i have a job.
Cons: everything else
The supervisors are never satisfied with what you do they always want more. They rules in place that they want you to follow, but when it benefits them the rules are out the door.
Enjoyed my time at west.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Montgomery, PAMay 1, 2012
Pros: family atmosphere
Cons: plant closed
I enjoyed my time at west. All of my co-workers got along it was like we were family. everyone worked together to get the job done. The management had an open dooor policy and they were more than willing to sit down and talk things over with you whether it was about the job or personal. I learned how a team works when everyone gets along. They would – more... have catered dinners and in the summer they would have a cook out a few times for each shift. – less
good place to work for the money
Extruder Operator/PSO (Former Employee), Kinston, NCMarch 19, 2012
This is a good place to work in this area that's still growing.
Great deal of reading and writing for final stages of products.
Molder (Former Employee), Kinston, NCMarch 12, 2012
This job enhance my professional, personal, skills while performing and help me meet the expectations of the company.
Great Parties!
5111 Park St. St. Petersburg,Florida (Former Employee), A-MolderNovember 10, 2011
Pros: when the employees do good, they are rewarded with free lunch.
Cons: the lunch breaks were very short.
Great Company to work for with great benifits. The company is a supplier for many customers and is run by customers. If a customer wants a new product, the company bouhgt the supplies to produce the product. the products are pharmaceutical which are made for pharmaceutical vials and sringes.
fun place to work
Packer/Sorter/Factory Operative (Former Employee), St. Austell, ENGSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: good breaks
Cons: long hours
very good place to work,very nice people to work with.can be very busy at times and can also be quiet at times.