WEST PHARMACEUTICAL Employee Reviews

Very good company to work for
Lean/Sigma Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, PAJuly 31, 2017
Great company to work for. They are very nice and help with gaining more experience and training. To help you achieve your goals. I would highly recommend this company.
12 hours shifts, but great benefits
Hydraulic Molding Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PA 17740June 19, 2017
My time at West was enjoyable. The management staff on my shift was great to work for most of the time. I worked a rotating 12 hour night shift. The hardest part of the job is the long shifts, but the pay and benefits were worth it.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
long shifts
Good Pay/Benefits with Political Work Enviorment
N/A (Former Employee) –  USAJune 7, 2017
*a typical day at work*
They are generally monotonous and straightforward. It is a factory so what you did yesterday is what you will be doing tomorrow.

*what you learned*
It depends on the department you work in; Maintenance has the greatest potential for continued education. The remaining departments teach you how to operate heavy machinery that is specific to the jobs you are required to perform. Nothing more.

*Management*
Management is variable. If you are personable and know how to network and sell yourself (aka BSing) it is almost impossible to be terminated regardless of job performance, or lack thereof. If you are more reserved and introverted your only option is to be a quality employee and fly under the radar.

*workplace culture*
This is also variable, it mostly depends on which department you are in and which shift you work.

*the hardest part of the job*
Physical demands. The jobs themselves are not intellectual. There is a lot to learn right away but after about six months you have learned most everything you need and can do your job on autopilot. From that point on it is just physically demanding.

*The most enjoyable part of the job*
Simply put the paycheck and benefits. It is a factory job so no one does it for the glamor and societal status. You do it for the paycheck and the pay is pretty good.
Pros
Benefits/Insurance/Pay/Job Security
Cons
In House Politics
n/a
Cell Technician (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCMay 25, 2017
Work was fair for the most part, enjoyed a rather laid back environment, team work was satisfactory. I loved the fact that safety played a huge part in company policy.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
short breaks
It's ok
Compounder (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEMay 23, 2017
It's a good job if you want to work at a factory for your whole life and top out pay at 18.00 an hour. The hours are ok but you can only get hired at first for night shift.
Be prepared to spend all of your time at West
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 16, 2017
I worked at West for about a year. While benefits and pay were fantastic, it seemed that the company was not always looking out for its employees. Many changes were made while I was there, all in favor of business. This is understandable given the type of company that West is, but employee morale was low making it a difficult place to work.
N/a
Packaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 19, 2017
A job moved a lot of exercise, good communication with others employees a quiet environment, many hours of work and sometimes the people looks tired..
hard job but pays well
Molder, Finishing Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 10, 2017
I worked there many years ago so things may have changed. We could work about all the overtime we wanted. Pay was good. Benefits fair. Work was hard in some departments, not so bad in others. The people were good. Managers played favorites BIG time.
Pros
Uniforms provided, good pay, overtime available most days
Cons
Micro Managed
Metrology Department at Phoenix Location is not a good place to work at all.
Quality Engineer / Metrologist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2017
It has a really bad work environment. My boss never accept any improvement if it comes from somebody else but him. Even if it was approved from the Kaizen group.
Overall a good place to work
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 28, 2016
I was able to learn a lot from working at West. Most of the people I worked with were willing to listen and explain the questions I had. I was able to learn new tools and work with a great group of people
Great place to work.
Production Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCNovember 5, 2016
great place to work with lots of opportunity. Bonuses are great as well.Work schedule is very helpful around the hours of my child schedule. typical work day is very smooth.
Great culture, environment
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAAugust 29, 2016
Finally, a company culture that promotes flexibility, work/life balance and promoting their internals over hiring externally!

West seems to understand the value of their employees and that happy people= productivity.
Pros
Great benefits, good time off
Excellent Company
R&D Machinist; Lead Cell Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 26, 2016
This was a great company to work for, they took care of their employees with competitive pay, excellent benefits and yearly bonuses.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Transfer process is lacking
job summary
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 3, 2016
Great working environment and growth. Company pay is below national average of other Pharmaceutical companies.More growth and diversity is needed.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
lack of diversity and pay
factory job
Molder Laborer (Former Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PAJanuary 5, 2016
typical day was go to work do your strecthes then stand in one spot for twelve hrs you would put the rubber stoppers in the mold then when done you would stomp out any defects.
Great job
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCNovember 11, 2015
• Activated mold press to produce molded panels of product following the SOI’s and instructions also perform acute attention to detail on mold panels
good company, good benefit
Shop Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 23, 2015
typical work involve manual labor tasks, I learned new skill to operate forklift, scissor lift,management typical of manufacturing,good co-worker get along well with all,hardest part of job involve using various chemicals,and many times involve heavy lifting, most enjoyable part is the job position is flexible no strict repetitive tasks.
Assembly
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 14, 2015
assembling product
How to work in a fast paced environment
Cross trained
Management approachable
keeping up with demand for product
meeting production quotas
Co-workers/ team work
Incentive based bonus
Overtime
Pros
Overtime
Cons
this company looks out for their employees and lets you know they appreciate you.they have a company picnic in the summer and a end of the year party.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PAMarch 2, 2015
I love working with a team of co workers who are there to help whenever possible.the plant manager is very friendly and respects all opinions.they offer quarterly bonuses if we meet all expectations and they have an end of the year party and give away prizes,we also have a company picnic in the summer at a local amusement park for employees and their families.
Pros
advancement, quartlerly bonuses
Cons
12 hour shifts
Overall its a Pleasure work here
module tech (Current Employee) –  PAOctober 17, 2014
I enjoy my job, i come into work to make sure the job gets done. I get along with the other workers. A typical day at my job is normal, its a great environment to work in. To be honest i have no complaints to make toward management, they manage the warehouse the way its suppose to be managed. The hardest part about my job would be actually nothing due to the fact that i am able to deal with the job and whatever is thrown at me. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we work in a clean and healthy environment, knowing that we can help hospitals save life or treat a patient with our equipment.
Pros
Give Bonuses
Cons
Not a lot of overtime given