At West Point Contractors, Inc, the future is yours to create. Our employee-centered culture allows you to find the right path for you. We are one of the fastest growing construction firms in the southwestern United States. With a dedicated staff in a variety of locations, we offer construction services wide range of disciplines in both the private and public sectors: aviation, environmental, transit, transportation, roads and bridges, urban redevelopment, commercial building, solar construction, and water resources with an emphasis in Federal Contracting.
Our employees know West Point Contractors, Inc. as a great place to work where our core purpose is to provide an environment for our employees to flourish.
What makes West Point Contractors, Inc unique?
- Competitive salary paired with incentive and performance bonuses
- Accelerated Technical and professional development in-house training opportunities
- Comprehensive medical benefits
This individual is responsible for achieving the cost, schedule and quality objectives of projects assigned by the Company. Advises VP and administrative staff of project progress, and works proactively with internal and external groups to successfully manage all phases of the process, which includes initiation, scheduling, approvals, design, construction, and closeout. Capable of timely decision making and building unique teams comprised of internal groups and outside resources. Manages assigned multiple demo, roadway, and building construction projects simultaneously, from work orders to $10 million +, for all project phases. May assist other Project Managers, on their respective projects, during all phases of the project. Presents assigned projects to standing committees. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment. The responsibilities of this position may require the individual to provide off-hours general oversight of assigned projects or crisis management sometimes associated with project or construction activity. As PM, provides direction and mentoring to staff. Evaluates performance of unit and makes recommendations and adjustments to staffing for optimal performance. Monitors and is responsible for financial performance of units and makes adjustments to align with financial goals of the company while maintaining high quality service. Interprets regulatory standards and safety practices as they apply to the operation of the units and implements required processes for compliance.
Four-year college degree in project or construction management, engineering, architecture or related field, plus 5 years post-academic experience managing design and construction phases for projects. Work on federal projects preferred.
- Must be able to communicate well with project owners, inspectors, public and project team.
- Must track all quantities using MS Project and MS Office and relay those to project team.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Ability to manage projects up to $10 Million in scope
- Ability to read and understand plans, mark redlines, and foresee errors or busts.
- Estimating experience and a thorough understanding of various project delivery systems required. Ability to administer contracts and construction documents required. -Superior organizational skills and the ability to balance the workload of various projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, ability to compose correspondence and memoranda and knowledge of word processing, spread sheet and scheduling computer programs such as MS Project required.
- Must be current in the project and construction management industry, regarding processes, technology, and project delivery methods.
- In addition to education and years of experience stated, individual must successfully demonstrate project management skills and initiative.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification