West River Health Services Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hettinger, NDSeptember 23, 2013
A typical day at work was taking care of 6 - 8 patients. Consulting with physicians and other departments. Medication management, physical assessments, providing cares to my patients. Dressing and wound care. Monitoring labs and x-rays and a variety of other duties.
I went from working in the PACU taking care of 1 -2 patients at a time to taking care of 6 - 8 patients again. I had to learn again how to multi task that many patients plus provide good patient care. The hardest part of the job was getting use to rotating shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I had great co-workers and the patients where pleasant, not demanding and appreciated anything you did for them.
Pros
The people where very helpful and friendly.
Cons
The isolation working in a very rural community.
This is a good place to work for the most part. Everyting has ups and downs.
Reciptionist/Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hettinger, NDSeptember 10, 2013
I come to work clean and pass medication. I help tenants with different things from house cleaning to showering. All of the tenants I work with are over 70, are independent but require some assistance. I pass medications 5 times daily when I work the 12 hour shift, or 3 times in an 8 hour shift.
The hardest part of my job is getting to know the tenants and then they move or pass away. That has been an obstacle for me but I am glad that I have the chance to get to know them and help them.
I work with 5 other gals and we all get along very well and help each other out the best we can. The down fall to our job is as I stated above, the loss. Sometimes it is hard to get time off if it is short notice due to the schedule being made out 6 weeks in advance.
Pros
Pretty slow paced for the most part. We do have a daily schedule we go by.
Cons
Very short breaks and getting people to fill in during the week due to light staffing.