West River Health Services

West River Health Services Employer Reviews

This is a good place to work for the most part. Everyting has ups and downs.
Reciptionist/Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee), Hettinger, NDSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: pretty slow paced for the most part. we do have a daily schedule we go by.
Cons: very short breaks and getting people to fill in during the week due to light staffing.
I come to work clean and pass medication. I help tenants with different things from house cleaning to showering. All of the tenants I work with are over 70, are independent but require some assistance. I pass medications 5 times daily when I work the 12 hour shift, or 3 times in an 8 hour shift.
The hardest part of my job is getting to know the tenants – more... and then they move or pass away. That has been an obstacle for me but I am glad that I have the chance to get to know them and help them.
I work with 5 other gals and we all get along very well and help each other out the best we can. The down fall to our job is as I stated above, the loss. Sometimes it is hard to get time off if it is short notice due to the schedule being made out 6 weeks in advance. – less