West Shore Medical Center

West Shore Medical Center Employee Reviews

Co-workers are like family, in need of a good manager
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Manistee, MIJuly 17, 2013
Pros: family, discounted lunches
Cons: staffing shortage, missed breaks
Being a smaller hospital, my co-workers are more like family. We not only depend on each other but help each other out wether at work or outside of work. We work along side of each other but also offer an ear if the need arises.
In the 9 years I have been an employee of West Shore, I have been thru at least 6 different managers, not including the ones that are just filling in until a permanent one is found. The hospital seems to have a difficult time keeping a nurse manager for more than 2 years.
Overall, I love what I do and feel I have blossomed as a person and as a nurse at West Shore. Being in a small town, my patients often recognize my family name and I think that helps them to feel more comfortable. Patients often states, "I feel better being in my home town hospital vs a larger one where your just a number."
I cleaned up the rooms, helped out with patients, did vital since , did intake and out take and documented it
west shore medical center (Former Employee), Mainstee ,MI 49660April 22, 2013
Pros: meeting new people, helping people out
Cons: didnt get paid
I would go in and make sure all the patients were comfortable and ask them if there was anything they needed .
Very busy place to work, learn alot.
Medical Phlebotimist (Former Employee), Manistee, MIFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: different things/ and experiences daily.
Cons: shoirt staffed, and not as many team players
Working at the hospital has been a great experience. I have learned very much, and worked with great folks.
The position in the lab, was a extremely fast paced job. No time to play.
West Shore Medical Center: all around review
Intern/Imaging Department-Management (Former Employee), Manistee, MISeptember 6, 2012
A typical day for me at West Shore Medical Center was attending meeting, working on physical year budget, write memos, review all policies and procedures, deal with staff issues, and interview other administration staff. I learned what it was like to be a manager in the Imaging Department. This included gained knowledge of CT, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, and Ultrasound; communication with staff; delegating jobs to certain staff members; and working with other managers. The co-workers were great, everyone was friendly and answered all questions I had for them. The hardest part of this job was not being able to work with patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting hands on experience as a manager.
productive, good team players,
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Manistee, MIApril 10, 2012
this project was a very challanging but yet successful at the end, there was an off-shore team for this project so it gave me a good scence of diversity, the management was very cooperative as well as my co-workers all exhibited good team player skilss, the other side of the job was the time difference with our off shore team in india i needed to match up with the time so had to stay up late at times to communicate so as to have the channel following. the most enjoable part of the job was the successful completion of the project on time.