West Suburban Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work at
Teller (Former Employee) –  Darien, ILNovember 24, 2015
Great place to work at, gained lots of experience and met great people. Everyone was easy to get along with and i would recommend this employer,
TellerLine Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Naperville ILOctober 6, 2015
I have been with this company for 7yrs , they accommodate with your schedule if you are a student that is what i loved with i was going to College. They do give you the opportunity to move up.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Pay
Do not bother to work here. Low pay! Not good place to work
Senior teller (Former Employee) –  IlSeptember 10, 2015
Do not bother to work here! Low pay, manager and supervisor are on your back. Very old technology. Think before you work for this joint. Horrible place to work. I give one star
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
No break time. Unpaid one hour lunch
Productive Enviroment
Employee Development (Current Employee) –  Aurora ILAugust 30, 2015
I have learned a lot at West Suburban Bank and I want to use my knowledge and skills to grow. The most enjoyable part of my job is training people and advancing them to their branches. I follow up to see how they are doing and it makes me feel good when I receive positive feedback. I enjoy the coworkers I currently work with. A typical day for me is preparing for an afternoon class, working on projects and changes to create a more effective training outcome for new hires.
Teller
Sr. teller (Former Employee) –  Glendale heights ILJune 16, 2015
opened the bank at 615, ran the drive through, did audits (weekly), audited the atm (daily), took business (7-11) transactions in the morning then took lunch. moved to work the lobby, took customers transactions and balanced out my drawer before going home.
personal banking, opened at 9 took customers opened accounts closed accounts, and handled any banking questions needed until home time!
Cons
no pay advancement
Friendly atmosphere
SENIOR TELLER (Former Employee) –  1122 S MAIN ST LOMBARD ILMay 28, 2015
Everyone is very personable and dedicated to providing quality cusomer service. Wsb has been around for more than 50 years and has served many generations of customers and continues to this day
Pros
COMPANY PROVIDES ANNUAL CUSTOMER APPRECIATION DAYS AT ALL LOCATIONS
Think again before working here.
call center (Current Employee) –  LombardMay 21, 2015
This bank is the worst bank to work for. Management is far from helpful. The computer systems are beyond horrible. They are soooo far behind in technology. I thought after doing my research on this bank that it will be a great place to work, well wasn't i wrong. If i can change the hands of time i would have stayed at Chase.
Standard Community bank.
Senior Teller/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Darien, ILJanuary 31, 2015
A family owned community bank, who meets the standards of the banking industry. Great for bankers interested in a relaxed sales environment.
Like working at Bank like to help customers
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  101 N Lake ST Aurora Il 60543January 2, 2015
I opened in the morning i was a receptionist / safe depoist /personal banker i would help customers when they wanted to get into there safe deposit box and there needs .I would also answer the phone and derect the calls to the person they wanted to talk too.I would help customers open accounts or help them with there questions on there accounts.My co-workers and i would get along we would work like a team . I like working with people .
dont bother working here
Teller (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILDecember 16, 2014
good place to work as a starting job or student, you sit around all day, management is no help, personal bankers are not friendly...only to customers, you get ripped off on paid vacations, other tellers are friendly, you end up knowing the customers very well.
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
low pay, no benefits, unfair business ethics, management knows nothing about being a teller
Good PT Job
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILNovember 13, 2014
Good job while attending school full time. Flexible hours, heavy customer service experience.
Awesome bank to work for!
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 11, 2014
At West Suburban Bank I Supervised the tellers and helped out at the teller line. I learned a lot there, I was able to learn about the products they offered as well as how to supervise. My manager there was great, she was so caring and fun! The hardest part of the job was actually leaving it. The environment there was awesome we all worked well together and had fun doing so. I highly recommend working for West Suburban Bank!
It was fine
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Oswego ilAugust 18, 2014
It was your typical banking job exactly what you'd expect. The people I worked with we're great.
Very Friendly working environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 5, 2014
West Suburban bank is unlike other bank.We have a very friendly working atmosphere.The co-workers are always ready to help each other whenever there is a need. i like to work in team environment. Overall all i had a good time working at WSB as bank teller for 3 years.
Pros
gift cards, dinners
Cons
short hours, no insurance for part timers
Safe and productive working environment
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJune 15, 2014
West Suburban bank is unlike other bank.We have a very friendly working atmosphere.The co-workers are always ready to help each other whenever there is a need.The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get an opportunity to interact with people.Listen to problems and then be able to solve them.
Pros
gift cards at christmas.
Cons
healthcare, insurance
Days at the bank.
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJune 5, 2014
-I handle transactions for customers that require handling money and providing great communication.
-I have learned on how to remain calm in difficult situations and always ask questions if unsure about something.
-My co-workers are friendly and welcoming. They are willing to step in and help out.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant-Comptroller Department (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 14, 2014
Great Job- Worked in a well organized office. Learned lots of new things like how to use excel.
A nice family owned business.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Villa Park, ILApril 2, 2014
I had worked there for some time driving a school bus and it was close enough for me to walk to work.
(current employee)
teller (Current Employee) –  western suburbsFebruary 5, 2014
branch is too fast pace for having no tellers
poor management
Pros
flexible with schedule
Cons
low pay, no benefits for part-timers, have to work sundays, and you will not advance here
a teller
Sales Representative/ Teller (Former Employee) –  Winfield , ILAugust 8, 2013
Best place to work, good management and everyday you would go and have great time taking care of customers and with co- workers.

The hard part of job was waking up early 6am but enjoyed at lunch times eating together.

2.9