West Suburban Bank Employee Reviews

good for a new grad who wants work experience
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 6, 2017
Good place to start after college but the money doesn't follow the work, very very old school bank, they do not take any input, a good place to work for 1-2 years but after that the money is not worth it
Good start in Banking field
Teller (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Good training programme that helped in laying a solid foundation to my banking career. Very friendly management .Customer focused. The team was hardworking
Pros
very compact group of company
Review
Teller (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILAugust 14, 2017
I wasn't happy with West suburban. Management was not good. It was learning experience to see how poor management can be. Didn't like the work culture too.
Pros
Learned different bank culture
Cons
Stressful
fun place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  South Elgin, IL 60177April 13, 2017
cash in cash out, i learned many things throughout the time i was there.
day to day jobs were the same,.
the customers there were very friendly and i got to talk to everyone.
if you need stability don't look for it here
Teller (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILApril 10, 2017
was basically forced to find a new job because of the changes happening within the bank. was told by the higher ups that I was qualified for the new position but then I was turned down for the position because I wasn't qualified enough. then they tried really hard to get me to relocate farther from home. no thanks. got a new job doing exactly what I would have been doing if I had gotten the position at west suburban bank.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management, hours, outdated software
Negative vibes, lazy manager
Teller (Current Employee) –  Oswego, ILMarch 16, 2017
I started with the company last year in July, i seriously enjoyed and loved going to work, managers and coworkers were friendly. In December they informed us that the bank was going to have some changes. Tellers and personal bankers were going to convert into universal bankers, we were told we all qualified for the job, however when we applied and got the interview they told us we no longer qualified for it. They over work and stress us out just because they want to get settled basically using us to then throw us out. They dont see how much you help or appreciate what you do, they wont do the same for you. Have no support whatsoever, the management sucks can't even go to your own branch manager because she will definitely not have your back for anything. You are basically alone and have no one to go to if there us any problem, as well as the regional manager. Once again THE MANAGEMENT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
Don't value their employees
Advancement opportunities
Former LP supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILFebruary 4, 2017
The Loss Prevention department provides a wonderful work / home balance. Very knowledgeable department with seasoned staff. Supervisor position often works in collaboration with other departments establishing security rights.
Benefits
Great place to work. High emphasis on great customer service!
Branch Manager N. Main Street (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJanuary 16, 2017
This is a great place to work. The employees are great, and very knowledgeable.

If you work hard at this company, your efforts will be rewarded. I started out as a Personal Banker, with no previous banking experience, and with the help of a great mentor, was quickly promoted.
Secure
Bank teller (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 6, 2017
They try to accommodate to your needs. The pay isn't the best though, but they give decent hours. For anyone in baking they are willing to promote you quickly.
Pros
Good hours, decent pay
Cons
No real benifits
Average bank job but with bad management
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ILDecember 16, 2016
First time working as a bank teller and it is not a hard job to do at all. I loved all of my co workers and supervisors but the management at this bank in particular is not organized and does not care about their employees very much. Also there are a lot of changes coming to this bank to eliminate most positions so their is not much job stability.
Pros
pay, hours, co workers
Cons
management, stability
Runnnnn
Teller Line Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 4, 2016
They don't care about their employees. They are a community bank and are slowly trying to transition to one of the big banks. They only care about making money. The pay is horrible.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, ILAugust 3, 2016
Fast paced banking environment! Management is great! I would recommend on applying here and working at West Suburban Bank! Great place to learn about banking products!
n/a
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILApril 22, 2016
A typical day at work will be doing the basic personal banker work as well as teller work behind the teller line. The co-workers are nice.
Great place to work at
Teller (Former Employee) –  Darien, ILNovember 24, 2015
Great place to work at, gained lots of experience and met great people. Everyone was easy to get along with and i would recommend this employer,
TellerLine Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Naperville ILOctober 6, 2015
I have been with this company for 7yrs , they accommodate with your schedule if you are a student that is what i loved with i was going to College. They do give you the opportunity to move up.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Pay
Do not bother to work here. Low pay! Not good place to work
Senior teller (Former Employee) –  IlSeptember 10, 2015
Do not bother to work here! Low pay, manager and supervisor are on your back. Very old technology. Think before you work for this joint. Horrible place to work. I give one star
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
No break time. Unpaid one hour lunch
Productive Enviroment
Employee Development (Current Employee) –  Aurora ILAugust 30, 2015
I have learned a lot at West Suburban Bank and I want to use my knowledge and skills to grow. The most enjoyable part of my job is training people and advancing them to their branches. I follow up to see how they are doing and it makes me feel good when I receive positive feedback. I enjoy the coworkers I currently work with. A typical day for me is preparing for an afternoon class, working on projects and changes to create a more effective training outcome for new hires.
Teller
Sr. teller (Former Employee) –  Glendale heights ILJune 16, 2015
opened the bank at 615, ran the drive through, did audits (weekly), audited the atm (daily), took business (7-11) transactions in the morning then took lunch. moved to work the lobby, took customers transactions and balanced out my drawer before going home.
personal banking, opened at 9 took customers opened accounts closed accounts, and handled any banking questions needed until home time!
Cons
no pay advancement
Friendly atmosphere
SENIOR TELLER (Former Employee) –  1122 S MAIN ST LOMBARD ILMay 28, 2015
Everyone is very personable and dedicated to providing quality cusomer service. Wsb has been around for more than 50 years and has served many generations of customers and continues to this day
Pros
Company provides annual customer appreciation days at all locations
Think again before working here.
call center (Current Employee) –  LombardMay 21, 2015
This bank is the worst bank to work for. Management is far from helpful. The computer systems are beyond horrible. They are soooo far behind in technology. I thought after doing my research on this bank that it will be a great place to work, well wasn't i wrong. If i can change the hands of time i would have stayed at Chase.