West Suburban Bank Employee Reviews

Secure
Bank teller (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 6, 2017
They try to accommodate to your needs. The pay isn't the best though, but they give decent hours. For anyone in baking they are willing to promote you quickly.
Pros
Good hours, decent pay
Cons
No real benifits
Great place to work. High emphasis on great customer service!
Branch Manager N. Main Street (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJanuary 16, 2017
This is a great place to work. The employees are great, and very knowledgeable.

If you work hard at this company, your efforts will be rewarded. I started out as a Personal Banker, with no previous banking experience, and with the help of a great mentor, was quickly promoted.
Average bank job but with bad management
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ILDecember 16, 2016
First time working as a bank teller and it is not a hard job to do at all. I loved all of my co workers and supervisors but the management at this bank in particular is not organized and does not care about their employees very much. Also there are a lot of changes coming to this bank to eliminate most positions so their is not much job stability.
Pros
pay, hours, co workers
Cons
management, stability
Runnnnn
Teller Line Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 4, 2016
They don't care about their employees. They are a community bank and are slowly trying to transition to one of the big banks. They only care about making money. The pay is horrible.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, ILAugust 3, 2016
Fast paced banking environment! Management is great! I would recommend on applying here and working at West Suburban Bank! Great place to learn about banking products!
dont bother working here
Teller (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILDecember 16, 2014
good place to work as a starting job or student, you sit around all day, management is no help, personal bankers are not friendly...only to customers, you get ripped off on paid vacations, other tellers are friendly, you end up knowing the customers very well.
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
low pay, no benefits, unfair business ethics, management knows nothing about being a teller
good place to start your career
teller (Former Employee) –  carol stream ilFebruary 24, 2012
i enjoyed working at west suburban bank.good place to start your career,i got better benefits and the good thing was the flexibility of working hours.its a great place to work.
Pros
free checking accounts & other free services
(current employee)
teller (Current Employee) –  western suburbsFebruary 5, 2014
branch is too fast pace for having no tellers
poor management
Pros
flexible with schedule
Cons
Low pay, no benefits for part-timers, have to work sundays, and you will not advance here
Great training, fun place to work
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILOctober 28, 2012
The most enjoyable part of this job is the interaction you get with customers.
Pros
great work enviornment
Cons
no health benefits for part time employees
Comfortable and Predictable
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 12, 2012
A typical day was working with customers, cashier, reviewing customer accounts, balancing drawer etc.
benefits
n/a
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILApril 22, 2016
A typical day at work will be doing the basic personal banker work as well as teller work behind the teller line. The co-workers are nice.
'Friendly Neighborhood Bank' Largely A Facade at My Branch
Teller (Former Employee) –  South SuburbsMarch 29, 2013
It's a shame that WSB is such a poorly-staffed and managed place behind the scenes, because overall the bank is not such a bad place.

It's small, and the customer base is nice, but aside from that it's your typical corporate retail experience: they don't offer much in the way of pay or advancement, so it's largely staffed by the extremely young and/or the dysfunctional, and management struts around with a big stick trying to keep things in order and ends up bludgeoning the decent employees instead.
Don't plan on living on the pay
Teller (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILApril 21, 2013
The day runs like a typical bank, but anything after that is horrible. Management doesn't understand how to run the bank which impedes on the tellers ability to do their work on keep their customers happy.

No one is perfect, but if you miss one tiny thing on your review, you will not score high enough to move up in the company. Don't think that you will ever get a promotion.
Pros
insurance
Cons
low pay, work sundays and federal holidays, no way to move up, poor management, no incentives
Great atmosphere with wonderful people
Teller (Current Employee) –  Darien, ILApril 16, 2013
For the most part, it is a nice place to work. It's not too stressful, the people and customers are great to talk to.
I've learned more about money and life and the different ways I can help prevent other people from getting into financial trouble.
The management is very nice. They're fun and easy to talk to and I know I can go to them when I have a problem.
My co-workers make working at my location fun. We always joke around and help each other when we can.
The hardest part of the job is effectively taking care of and keeping every customer happy in a timely and efficient manner, but it's always worth it.
The most enjoyable part is getting to know everyone I take care of.
Teller
Sr. teller (Former Employee) –  Glendale heights ILJune 16, 2015
opened the bank at 615, ran the drive through, did audits (weekly), audited the atm (daily), took business (7-11) transactions in the morning then took lunch. moved to work the lobby, took customers transactions and balanced out my drawer before going home.
personal banking, opened at 9 took customers opened accounts closed accounts, and handled any banking questions needed until home time!
Cons
no pay advancement
Productive Enviroment
Employee Development (Current Employee) –  Aurora ILAugust 30, 2015
I have learned a lot at West Suburban Bank and I want to use my knowledge and skills to grow. The most enjoyable part of my job is training people and advancing them to their branches. I follow up to see how they are doing and it makes me feel good when I receive positive feedback. I enjoy the coworkers I currently work with. A typical day for me is preparing for an afternoon class, working on projects and changes to create a more effective training outcome for new hires.
Do not bother to work here. Low pay! Not good place to work
Senior teller (Former Employee) –  IlSeptember 10, 2015
Do not bother to work here! Low pay, manager and supervisor are on your back. Very old technology. Think before you work for this joint. Horrible place to work. I give one star
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
No break time. Unpaid one hour lunch
Think again before working here.
call center (Current Employee) –  LombardMay 21, 2015
This bank is the worst bank to work for. Management is far from helpful. The computer systems are beyond horrible. They are soooo far behind in technology. I thought after doing my research on this bank that it will be a great place to work, well wasn't i wrong. If i can change the hands of time i would have stayed at Chase.
Rare easy going bank enviornment
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Oswego, ILJune 13, 2013
Low stress banking environment, easy goals to achieve. Management is only so-so and inconsistent. Co-workers are great, younger crowd. Other departments can be very rude. Hardest part of the job is putting up with much responsibility for little pay. Easiest part of the job is that its usually easy going and low pressure.
Pros
Easy going, low stress, great co-workers
Cons
Low pay!!!!!
Great place to work at
Teller (Former Employee) –  Darien, ILNovember 24, 2015
Great place to work at, gained lots of experience and met great people. Everyone was easy to get along with and i would recommend this employer,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Suburban Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

West Suburban Bank Reviews by Location