West Suburban Bank

West Suburban Bank Employee Reviews

FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE
SENIOR TELLER (Former Employee), 1122 S MAIN ST LOMBARD ILMay 28, 2015
Pros: COMPANY PROVIDES ANNUAL CUSTOMER APPRECIATION DAYS AT ALL LOCATIONS
EVERYONE IS VERY PERSONABLE AND DEDICATED TO PROVIDING QUALITY CUSOMER SERVICE. WSB HAS BEEN AROUND FOR MORE THAN 50 YEARS AND HAS SERVED MANY GENERATIONS OF CUSTOMERS AND CONTINUES TO THIS DAY
Think again before working here.
call center (Current Employee), LombardMay 21, 2015
This bank is the worst bank to work for. Management is far from helpful. The computer systems are beyond horrible. They are soooo far behind in technology. I thought after doing my research on this bank that it will be a great place to work, well wasn't i wrong. If i can change the hands of time i would have stayed at Chase.
Standard Community bank.
Senior Teller/Supervisor (Current Employee), Darien, ILJanuary 31, 2015
A family owned community bank, who meets the standards of the banking industry. Great for bankers interested in a relaxed sales environment.
Like working at Bank like to help customers
Personal Banker (Former Employee), 101 N Lake ST Aurora Il 60543January 2, 2015
I opened in the morning i was a receptionist / safe depoist /personal banker i would help customers when they wanted to get into there safe deposit box and there needs .I would also answer the phone and derect the calls to the person they wanted to talk too.I would help customers open accounts or help them with there questions on there accounts.My co-workers and i would get along we would work like a team . I like working with people .
dont bother working here
Teller (Former Employee), Carol Stream, ILDecember 16, 2014
Pros: laid back environment
Cons: low pay, no benefits, unfair business ethics, management knows nothing about being a teller
good place to work as a starting job or student, you sit around all day, management is no help, personal bankers are not friendly...only to customers, you get ripped off on paid vacations, other tellers are friendly, you end up knowing the customers very well.
Good PT Job
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Carol Stream, ILNovember 13, 2014
Good job while attending school full time. Flexible hours, heavy customer service experience.
Awesome bank to work for!
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Aurora, ILNovember 11, 2014
At West Suburban Bank I Supervised the tellers and helped out at the teller line. I learned a lot there, I was able to learn about the products they offered as well as how to supervise. My manager there was great, she was so caring and fun! The hardest part of the job was actually leaving it. The environment there was awesome we all worked well together and had fun doing so. I highly recommend working for West Suburban Bank!
It was fine
TELLER (Former Employee), Oswego ilAugust 18, 2014
It was your typical banking job exactly what you'd expect. The people I worked with we're great.
Very Friendly working environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILAugust 5, 2014
Pros: gift cards, dinners
Cons: short hours, no insurance for part timers
West Suburban bank is unlike other bank.We have a very friendly working atmosphere.The co-workers are always ready to help each other whenever there is a need. i like to work in team environment. Overall all i had a good time working at WSB as bank teller for 3 years.
Safe and productive working environment
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Carol Stream, ILJune 15, 2014
Pros: gift cards at christmas.
Cons: healthcare, insurance
West Suburban bank is unlike other bank.We have a very friendly working atmosphere.The co-workers are always ready to help each other whenever there is a need.The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get an opportunity to interact with people.Listen to problems and then be able to solve them.
Days at the bank.
TELLER (Current Employee), Carol Stream, ILJune 5, 2014
-I handle transactions for customers that require handling money and providing great communication.
-I have learned on how to remain calm in difficult situations and always ask questions if unsure about something.
-My co-workers are friendly and welcoming. They are willing to step in and help out.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant-Comptroller Department (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILMay 14, 2014
Great Job- Worked in a well organized office. Learned lots of new things like how to use excel.
A nice family owned business.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Villa Park, ILApril 2, 2014
I had worked there for some time driving a school bus and it was close enough for me to walk to work.
(current employee)
teller (Current Employee), western suburbsFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: flexible with schedule
Cons: low pay, no benefits for part-timers, have to work sundays, and you will not advance here
branch is too fast pace for having no tellers
poor management
a teller
Sales Representative/ Teller (Former Employee), Winfield , ILAugust 8, 2013
Best place to work, good management and everyday you would go and have great time taking care of customers and with co- workers.

The hard part of job was waking up early 6am but enjoyed at lunch times eating together.
Rare easy going bank enviornment
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Oswego, ILJune 13, 2013
Pros: easy going, low stress, great co-workers
Cons: low pay!!!!!
Low stress banking environment, easy goals to achieve. Management is only so-so and inconsistent. Co-workers are great, younger crowd. Other departments can be very rude. Hardest part of the job is putting up with much responsibility for little pay. Easiest part of the job is that its usually easy going and low pressure.
Growing bank with great work environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJune 4, 2013
I was a teller for WSB while I was in high school. The bank was a great first job and set me on a path to pursuing my degree in Accounting.
Great workers
Teller (Current Employee), Carol Stream, ILMay 8, 2013
Great place, busy, and learning skills is great. Great co workeres...and customers.
Don't plan on living on the pay
Teller (Current Employee), Lombard, ILApril 21, 2013
Pros: insurance
Cons: low pay, work sundays and federal holidays, no way to move up, poor management, no incentives
The day runs like a typical bank, but anything after that is horrible. Management doesn't understand how to run the bank which impedes on the tellers ability to do their work on keep their customers happy.

No one is perfect, but if you miss one tiny thing on your review, you will not score high enough to move up in the company. Don't think that you will ever get a promotion.
Great atmosphere with wonderful people
Teller (Current Employee), Darien, ILApril 16, 2013
For the most part, it is a nice place to work. It's not too stressful, the people and customers are great to talk to.
I've learned more about money and life and the different ways I can help prevent other people from getting into financial trouble.
The management is very nice. They're fun and easy to talk to and I know I can go to them when I have a problem.
My co-workers make working at my location fun. We always joke around and help each other when we can.
The hardest part of the job is effectively taking care of and keeping every customer happy in a timely and efficient manner, but it's always worth it.
The most enjoyable part is getting to know everyone I take care of.

West Suburban Bank Salaries