West Suburban Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

productive and aquire more healthcare skills
CNA (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJanuary 27, 2016
this hospital is a place to gain even more experience with better benefits. this facility will pay for tuition reimburstment while still being an employee.
Pros
longer breaks
Cons
short staffing
productive
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILDecember 1, 2015
fun to work but management is not as supportive as it should be to their employee. it is more of rehabilation center, it need more team work.
Pros
days off
Cons
breaks not long enough
Lots of autonomy and openness to new research
Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC) (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILOctober 15, 2015
A fair amount of independence is granted in working with patients as well as creativity in teaching methods. Nurses are great to work with, manager is supportive of new initiatives. Team atmosphere.
Excellent place to work. I enjoyed working with the children.
Human Resource Administrative Assistant, Knitter (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILOctober 23, 2012
A typical day at work consisted of assigning co-workers to classes when the principal was absent. I also had the pleasure of obtaining substitute teachers when regular teachers were absent. I learned how to use Kronos which was the software the Chicago Public School used to pay employees. My management staff consisted of the Principal and the Vice Principal. When management was absent, I had the pleasure of being controlling the staff and students. The hardest part of the job was the pain I saw on a childs face when mom or dad was extremerly late picking them up from school. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that the staff would go home with the correct amount of payment on their check.
Pros
my child was able to attend my place of employment.
Cons
i was allowed to work late and had the pleasure of assisting children after school.
Educational, High paced
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, IllMarch 8, 2012
Working with the staff at West Suburban Medical Center was educational and rewarding.I enjoyed working with the staff and providing care for the patients.
Pros
educational advancement, and benefits.
Cons
short staffed
Quick, close environment, that really builds teamwork and efficiency
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILFebruary 24, 2015
At West Suburban we strive to keep our patients safe and protected from diseases and infections. even when it's extremely busy with turn overs or a couple add-ons we work together to have everything set for the doctors and the procedures. the tray have started to come naturally to me when I start to set them up for sterilization, but the best part is how i've really started to learn how to clean different instruments correctly to keep everyone safe. if I need a day off or an emergency has come up the staff and my manager is open to helping us find out who needs to fill in and what I can so to help them out when they need assistance after I have returned. The workload does tend to get to me once and a while, but with the team I have had the chance to work with it still flows smoothly, for the most part.
Pros
great communication, tasty lunches, empathetic staff
Need structure in the workplace
Licensed Certified Pharmacy Technician I (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2013
Working at West Suburban Medical Center is a challenge and workout, you learn to become the best pharmacy technician while working. The management needs work meaning team work, and leadership skills. My co-workers did not communicate well or be helpful in certain aspect of the job. The hardest part of the job is having everyone on the same level. The most enjoyable part of the job is caring for all patients of race, religion, and ages.
Pros
excellent care for patients
Cons
employees complained while working
It is a great place to grow as an employee.
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJuly 28, 2015
I enjoy my days at work because we have great team players. I have learn a lot from having one on one with doctors and patients.
Poor Management, benefits are horrible
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILSeptember 6, 2014
This company has been purchased 4 times over the past 10 years. They keep the same management and expect change. Upper management does not have confidence in their employees and we are constantly blamed for mistakes the doctors are making when it comes to verification and authorizations for tests and procedures. The company does not hold physicians or management responsible for anything.
Pros
coworkers stick together
Cons
no breaks
Inpatient and Outpatient workplace great working enviroments.
Patient Access Registrar/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, IlliniosNovember 27, 2012
Performed eight to sixteen hour shifts in multiple areas of Hospital gained great knowledge in variety of medical fields. experirnced working with a great management team was very respectable and caring as well as co-workers. The hasrdest part of job was the lay-off and the most enjoyable part was being able to work at great company with such good people for so many years.
Excelente
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oakpark ILMarch 31, 2014
Check in greet everyone.Get down to what has to be done that day.How to achieve an reach for success.Management was fine most are hard working people.Very friendly easy to get along with pleasant to talk to.dealing with the patients in the emergency department.Seeing my fellow coworkers and that they are well and healthy.
Wonderful staff to work with.
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILNovember 7, 2014
12 hour shifts within the critical care unit at WSMC.
Offers some tuition reimbursement
Flexible scheduling
Work every third weekend and every other holiday.
Pros
fun staff to work with.
Cons
frequent change in management
A teamwork work place
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILSeptember 13, 2013
A typical day at work is to help my patients manage their breathing and to tend to all of their needs. to go above and beyond of what they need, whether it is in my job description or not. I have learned to become attentive to small details while at work whether it is to operating equipment or my work environment. My coworkers are very helpful if and when I get behind on my given assignment. The hardest part of my job is having to go to code blues (cardiac arrests) and not being able to save every patient. The most enjoyable part of my job is making my patients smile even when they are not in the best state of health and helping them the best I can
Family Oriented Environment
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILMarch 8, 2015
I learned the most of my sterile processing skills from my coworkers, my second family, at West Suburban medical Center. Everyone was patient with me and made sure I was thoroughly knowledgeable in every aspect of my responsibilities.
Pros
family atmosphere
fun workplace
Certified Nurses Aid (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILNovember 6, 2012
You get patients ready for meals, therapy, dialysis, and showers. I have learned how to transfer patient safely into and out of their chairs. I also learned how to change dressings under the supervision of the RN. I also have been trained how to make daily schedule for the aides on the floor. I also have been cross trained into home hemodialysis NxStage. My coworkers are very friendly and team players. The most enjoyable part of my day is just to be that special person in my patients life during their transition into a nursing home and being there for there comfort in their last days.
Pros
union
Cons
short breaks
Nasty politics, especially in the liberal chaplain's office
Pastoral Care (Current Employee) –  Main CampusNovember 22, 2013
There are extreme Marxist style liberals in the chaplain's office who spread their sick ideology in the workplace, or at least try to do so. Toxic environment. Stay away. They are also lazy as heck, refuse to answer calls, and then point fingers at others for missed calls. Spend most of the day reading books at the office, feet up on desk, acting like junior college professors.
Pros
reduced price meals.
Cons
toxic work environment.
very productive learning enviornment
Extern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2013
it was a nice environment the other tech that was training me was very nice and helpful and understood that i was just a beginner i learned the difference between a tartrate and succinate the harderst part of the job is being on my feet all day and leaving i love it so much sometimes i dont want to leave.
Pros
best job every perfect place for me
Cons
very small systems always shutting down for no reason
I love being able to help people get the care and surgery they need
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILMay 29, 2013
Assist Surgeon in the OR, Keep A sterile field and maintain sterile tenique. Keeping patient comfortable and safe at all times. The best way I can explain my surgical conscious is to treat the patient as if they were one of my own family members.
Pros
helping people
Cons
somtimes there isnt time for a bathroom break
Very Productive and Fast Pace
Patient Access-Emergency Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILMarch 22, 2014
West Suburban - was a very enjoyable experience for a person who came in with no medical background.. Typical day was exciting and different working in the emergency rooms, along with managers and coworkers that work as a team made my position worth it.
Pros
team work
Cons
nono
Beautiful work setting and family oriented, supportive staff.
Diabetes Educator (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILAugust 27, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a patient accomplish his or her goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Suburban Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

West Suburban Medical Center Reviews by Location