West Suburban Medical Center Employee Reviews

Family Oriented Environment
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), Oak Park, ILMarch 8, 2015
Pros: family atmosphere
I learned the most of my sterile processing skills from my coworkers, my second family, at West Suburban medical Center. Everyone was patient with me and made sure I was thoroughly knowledgeable in every aspect of my responsibilities.
Quick, close environment, that really builds teamwork and efficiency
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee), Oak Park, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great communication, tasty lunches, empathetic staff
At West Suburban we strive to keep our patients safe and protected from diseases and infections. even when it's extremely busy with turn overs or a couple add-ons we work together to have everything set for the doctors and the procedures. the tray have started to come naturally to me when I start to set them up for sterilization, but the best part is how i've really started to learn how to clean different instruments correctly to keep everyone safe. if I need a day off or an emergency has come up the staff and my manager is open to helping us find out who needs to fill in and what I can so to help them out when they need assistance after I have returned. The workload does tend to get to me once and a while, but with the team I have had the chance to work with it still flows smoothly, for the most part.
Wonderful staff to work with.
Staff RN (Current Employee), Oak Park, ILNovember 7, 2014
Pros: fun staff to work with.
Cons: frequent change in management
12 hour shifts within the critical care unit at WSMC.
Offers some tuition reimbursement
Flexible scheduling
Work every third weekend and every other holiday.
Poor Management, benefits are horrible
Analyst (Current Employee), Westchester, ILSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: coworkers stick together
Cons: no breaks
This company has been purchased 4 times over the past 10 years. They keep the same management and expect change. Upper management does not have confidence in their employees and we are constantly blamed for mistakes the doctors are making when it comes to verification and authorizations for tests and procedures. The company does not hold physicians or management responsible for anything.
Beautiful work setting and family oriented, supportive staff.
Diabetes Educator (Current Employee), Oak Park, ILAugust 27, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a patient accomplish his or her goals.
Great environment for monographers
Student of Clinical Studies (Former Employee), Oak Park, ILJuly 2, 2014
Pros: very busy, great co-workers
Cons: not very ergonomic
Very professional, skilled, and organized. What more could you want?
Excelente
Security Officer (Former Employee), Oakpark ILMarch 31, 2014
Check in greet everyone.Get down to what has to be done that day.How to achieve an reach for success.Management was fine most are hard working people.Very friendly easy to get along with pleasant to talk to.dealing with the patients in the emergency department.Seeing my fellow coworkers and that they are well and healthy.
Very Productive and Fast Pace
Patient Access-Emergency Room Clerk (Former Employee), Oak Park, ILMarch 22, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: nono
West Suburban - was a very enjoyable experience for a person who came in with no medical background.. Typical day was exciting and different working in the emergency rooms, along with managers and coworkers that work as a team made my position worth it.
cool place to work
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee), maywood, ilMarch 20, 2014
very nice place to work. very great pay. staff is awesome. would love to work there again.
Hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee), Oak Park, ILFebruary 12, 2014
A typical work day as a volunteer at West Suburban consist of pulling medical charts to obtain physician's signatures as well as coding new records.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining consistency of medical records because it is very important.
Nasty politics, especially in the liberal chaplain's office
Pastoral Care (Current Employee), Main CampusNovember 22, 2013
Pros: reduced price meals.
Cons: toxic work environment.
There are extreme Marxist style liberals in the chaplain's office who spread their sick ideology in the workplace, or at least try to do so. Toxic environment. Stay away. They are also lazy as heck, refuse to answer calls, and then point fingers at others for missed calls. Spend most of the day reading books at the office, feet up on desk, acting like junior college professors.
A teamwork work place
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Oak Park, ILSeptember 13, 2013
A typical day at work is to help my patients manage their breathing and to tend to all of their needs. to go above and beyond of what they need, whether it is in my job description or not. I have learned to become attentive to small details while at work whether it is to operating equipment or my work environment. My coworkers are very helpful if and when I get behind on my given assignment. The hardest part of my job is having to go to code blues (cardiac arrests) and not being able to save every patient. The most enjoyable part of my job is making my patients smile even when they are not in the best state of health and helping them the best I can
very productive learning enviornment
Extern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: best job every perfect place for me
Cons: very small systems always shutting down for no reason
it was a nice environment the other tech that was training me was very nice and helpful and understood that i was just a beginner i learned the difference between a tartrate and succinate the harderst part of the job is being on my feet all day and leaving i love it so much sometimes i dont want to leave.
Need structure in the workplace
Licensed Certified Pharmacy Technician I (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2013
Pros: excellent care for patients
Cons: employees complained while working
Working at West Suburban Medical Center is a challenge and workout, you learn to become the best pharmacy technician while working. The management needs work meaning team work, and leadership skills. My co-workers did not communicate well or be helpful in certain aspect of the job. The hardest part of the job is having everyone on the same level. The most enjoyable part of the job is caring for all patients of race, religion, and ages.
I love being able to help people get the care and surgery they need
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Oak Park, ILMay 29, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: somtimes there isnt time for a bathroom break
Assist Surgeon in the OR, Keep A sterile field and maintain sterile tenique. Keeping patient comfortable and safe at all times. The best way I can explain my surgical conscious is to treat the patient as if they were one of my own family members.
This hospital has changed over the past 2 years.
employee (Current Employee), Oak Park, ILApril 9, 2013
There has been a lot of changes once the new company took over the hospital. The values has declined.
Inpatient and Outpatient workplace great working enviroments.
Patient Access Registrar/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Oak Park, IlliniosNovember 27, 2012
Performed eight to sixteen hour shifts in multiple areas of Hospital gained great knowledge in variety of medical fields. experirnced working with a great management team was very respectable and caring as well as co-workers. The hasrdest part of job was the lay-off and the most enjoyable part was being able to work at great company with such good people for so many years.
fun workplace
Certified Nurses Aid (Current Employee), Bloomingdale, ILNovember 6, 2012
Pros: union
Cons: short breaks
You get patients ready for meals, therapy, dialysis, and showers. I have learned how to transfer patient safely into and out of their chairs. I also learned how to change dressings under the supervision of the RN. I also have been trained how to make daily schedule for the aides on the floor. I also have been cross trained into home hemodialysis NxStage. My coworkers are very friendly and team players. The most enjoyable part of my day is just to be that special person in my patients life during their transition into a nursing home and being there for there comfort in their last days.