West Suburban Medical Center

West Suburban Medical Center Employer Reviews

Poor Management, benefits are horrible
Analyst (Current Employee), Westchester, ILSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: coworkers stick together
Cons: no breaks
This company has been purchased 4 times over the past 10 years. They keep the same management and expect change. Upper management does not have confidence in their employees and we are constantly blamed for mistakes the doctors are making when it comes to verification and authorizations for tests and procedures. The company does not hold physicians or management responsible for anything.
Beautiful work setting and family oriented, supportive staff.
Diabetes Educator (Current Employee), Oak Park, ILAugust 27, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a patient accomplish his or her goals.
Great environment for monographers
Student of Clinical Studies (Former Employee), Oak Park, ILJuly 2, 2014
Pros: very busy, great co-workers
Cons: not very ergonomic
Very professional, skilled, and organized. What more could you want?
Excelente
Security Officer (Former Employee), Oakpark ILMarch 31, 2014
Check in greet everyone.Get down to what has to be done that day.How to achieve an reach for success.Management was fine most are hard working people.Very friendly easy to get along with pleasant to talk to.dealing with the patients in the emergency department.Seeing my fellow coworkers and that they are well and healthy.
Very Productive and Fast Pace
Patient Access-Emergency Room Clerk (Former Employee), Oak Park, ILMarch 22, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: nono
West Suburban - was a very enjoyable experience for a person who came in with no medical background.. Typical day was exciting and different working in the emergency rooms, along with managers and coworkers that work as a team made my position worth it.
cool place to work
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee), maywood, ilMarch 20, 2014
very nice place to work. very great pay. staff is awesome. would love to work there again.
Hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee), Oak Park, ILFebruary 12, 2014
A typical work day as a volunteer at West Suburban consist of pulling medical charts to obtain physician's signatures as well as coding new records.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining consistency of medical records because it is very important.
Nasty politics, especially in the liberal chaplain's office
Pastoral Care (Current Employee), Main CampusNovember 22, 2013
Pros: reduced price meals.
Cons: toxic work environment.
There are extreme Marxist style liberals in the chaplain's office who spread their sick ideology in the workplace, or at least try to do so. Toxic environment. Stay away. They are also lazy as heck, refuse to answer calls, and then point fingers at others for missed calls. Spend most of the day reading books at the office, feet up on desk, acting like junior college professors.
A teamwork work place
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Oak Park, ILSeptember 13, 2013
A typical day at work is to help my patients manage their breathing and to tend to all of their needs. to go above and beyond of what they need, whether it is in my job description or not. I have learned to become attentive to small details while at work whether it is to operating equipment or my work environment. My coworkers are very helpful if and when I get behind on my given assignment. The hardest part of my job is having to go to code blues (cardiac arrests) and not being able to save every patient. The most enjoyable part of my job is making my patients smile even when they are not in the best state of health and helping them the best I can
very productive learning enviornment
Extern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: best job every perfect place for me
Cons: very small systems always shutting down for no reason
it was a nice environment the other tech that was training me was very nice and helpful and understood that i was just a beginner i learned the difference between a tartrate and succinate the harderst part of the job is being on my feet all day and leaving i love it so much sometimes i dont want to leave.
Need structure in the workplace
Licensed Certified Pharmacy Technician I (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2013
Pros: excellent care for patients
Cons: employees complained while working
Working at West Suburban Medical Center is a challenge and workout, you learn to become the best pharmacy technician while working. The management needs work meaning team work, and leadership skills. My co-workers did not communicate well or be helpful in certain aspect of the job. The hardest part of the job is having everyone on the same level. The most enjoyable part of the job is caring for all patients of race, religion, and ages.
I love being able to help people get the care and surgery they need
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Oak Park, ILMay 29, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: somtimes there isnt time for a bathroom break
Assist Surgeon in the OR, Keep A sterile field and maintain sterile tenique. Keeping patient comfortable and safe at all times. The best way I can explain my surgical conscious is to treat the patient as if they were one of my own family members.
This hospital has changed over the past 2 years.
employee (Current Employee), Oak Park, ILApril 9, 2013
There has been a lot of changes once the new company took over the hospital. The values has declined.
Inpatient and Outpatient workplace great working enviroments.
Patient Access Registrar/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Oak Park, IlliniosNovember 27, 2012
Performed eight to sixteen hour shifts in multiple areas of Hospital gained great knowledge in variety of medical fields. experirnced working with a great management team was very respectable and caring as well as co-workers. The hasrdest part of job was the lay-off and the most enjoyable part was being able to work at great company with such good people for so many years.
fun workplace
Certified Nurses Aid (Current Employee), Bloomingdale, ILNovember 6, 2012
Pros: union
Cons: short breaks
You get patients ready for meals, therapy, dialysis, and showers. I have learned how to transfer patient safely into and out of their chairs. I also learned how to change dressings under the supervision of the RN. I also have been trained how to make daily schedule for the aides on the floor. I also have been cross trained into home hemodialysis NxStage. My coworkers are very friendly and team players. The most enjoyable part of my day is just to be that special person in my patients life during their transition into a nursing home and being there for there comfort in their last days.
Excellent place to work. I enjoyed working with the children.
Human Resource Administrative Assistant, Knitter (Current Employee), Oak Park, ILOctober 23, 2012
Pros: my child was able to attend my place of employment.
Cons: i was allowed to work late and had the pleasure of assisting children after school.
A typical day at work consisted of assigning co-workers to classes when the principal was absent. I also had the pleasure of obtaining substitute teachers when regular teachers were absent. I learned how to use Kronos which was the software the Chicago Public School used to pay employees. My management staff consisted of the Principal and the Vice Principal. When management was absent, I had the pleasure of being controlling the staff and students. The hardest part of the job was the pain I saw on a childs face when mom or dad was extremerly late picking them up from school. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that the staff would go home with the correct amount of payment on their check.
I love this hospital
Volunteer Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Oak Park, ILSeptember 3, 2012
Working for west suburban has taught me a lot. I have seen things that i never imagine seeing. I have visited the emergency room several times, they are much faster than the county.
Productive fun workplace
Registrar (Current Employee), Oak Park, ILJuly 19, 2012
Enjoyable place to work. Friendly co-workers.Hardest part of the job would be dealing with the different personalities of the public.