West Suburban Medical Center Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Phelbotomist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 29, 2017
Do not work in the laboratory
They mess people over their schedule
I was working many hours and they cut my hours for no reason i get paid 15 a hour but had a 150 dollar check
Pros
Cons
it sucks
Clinical Experience
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILApril 16, 2017
I am required to right a review for Indeed. This was a clinical experience for me. I have not worked here full time or part time. From my short experience, I enjoyed it.
No Longer working there
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2017
Under new management since I have left, would not want to make a comment and thing change with time. I sure just like and job there are good and bad. Just be mindful and have good questions during interview.
Fast paced CT Department.
Cat Scan Technologist (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILFebruary 13, 2017
Working 4-12midnoc shift by myself. It can be really busy or a nice pace. We do all aspects of CT including angio work on a GE Scanner and Siemen scanners. The hardest part is when you are alone and there is no help available. The most enjoyable part is the people that I work with in the emergency department.
Pros
The people I work with.
Cons
No lunch breaks, not enough staff at times.
Babies and Moms are Awesome
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oak Park ILFebruary 10, 2017
A typical day at work was education; teaching new and old mothers and fathers how to care for a newborn and themselves while they transition into new roles. I learned something new every day, whether it be how to chart an issue more accurate, to how to communicate with young mothers. The management is fairly new and has many issues to work through. The hardest part of my job was trying to get a newborn to latch on flat nipples and the most enjoyable part was having the opportunity to watch new families bond.
Nice friendly staff, understaffed and overworked. Breaks are pretty much unheard of.
Radiology - Radiologic Technologist / CT (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILDecember 8, 2016
Nice friendly staff to work with but seems like the whole hospital is understaffed and overworked. Management seems to not notice, not care, or they are not given the power to do anything to help the under staffing situation.
horrible work environment
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILDecember 7, 2016
a whole lot of favoritism management following the people around that they don't like making up illegitimate reasons to get people in trouble while allowing people they favor to get away with murder
I worked there for 4 years no write up no infractions but was let go for taking my lunch and break together which is done very often at West Suburban yet management allows people they like to go shopping and home while on the clock
Pros
you got paid to work
Cons
horrible work environment
Work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILNovember 16, 2016
West sub overall is a decent place to work. You learn alot. However the management is awful. There is such a lack of leadership which leaves the floors and staff to operate in chaos. There is such a high turn over rate so staff is constantly working short staff.
Pros
some floors nurses really stick together
Cons
poor management
I learned that multitasking has to be a way of life.
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILSeptember 20, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is the management as well as the co-workers. The people that I interact with on a daily basis work all work together as a team.
excellent place to work, everyone is treated just like family
Lab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2016
My day started every day promptly at 4:30 am mon- Friday and alternating weekends, prep phlebotomy cart, and on my way. I truly enjoyed working with the Doctors, and Nurses we worked as a team always. The hardest part of the job in the medical field for me will always be "good bye" because I kept falling in love with all the patients over and over again. The most enjoyable part of the this job was to see a patient go home feeling 1000% better than when they first came to the hospital. What I learned from working in this field is that its okay to let everyone know that you truly love your job and not be afraid to voice an opinion if you disagree, and not be afraid to speak out if it involves the care of a patient.
Pros
To hear someone sayThanks job well done
Cons
No show/ No call from employees who didnt abide by procedure, Then it makes me worry if they are alright
productive and aquire more healthcare skills
CNA (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJanuary 27, 2016
this hospital is a place to gain even more experience with better benefits. this facility will pay for tuition reimburstment while still being an employee.
Pros
longer breaks
Cons
short staffing
productive
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILDecember 1, 2015
fun to work but management is not as supportive as it should be to their employee. it is more of rehabilation center, it need more team work.
Pros
days off
Cons
breaks not long enough
Lots of autonomy and openness to new research
Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC) (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILOctober 15, 2015
A fair amount of independence is granted in working with patients as well as creativity in teaching methods. Nurses are great to work with, manager is supportive of new initiatives. Team atmosphere.
It is a great place to grow as an employee.
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJuly 28, 2015
I enjoy my days at work because we have great team players. I have learn a lot from having one on one with doctors and patients.
Family Oriented Environment
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILMarch 8, 2015
I learned the most of my sterile processing skills from my coworkers, my second family, at West Suburban medical Center. Everyone was patient with me and made sure I was thoroughly knowledgeable in every aspect of my responsibilities.
Pros
family Atmosphere
Quick, close environment, that really builds teamwork and efficiency
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILFebruary 24, 2015
At West Suburban we strive to keep our patients safe and protected from diseases and infections. even when it's extremely busy with turn overs or a couple add-ons we work together to have everything set for the doctors and the procedures. the tray have started to come naturally to me when I start to set them up for sterilization, but the best part is how i've really started to learn how to clean different instruments correctly to keep everyone safe. if I need a day off or an emergency has come up the staff and my manager is open to helping us find out who needs to fill in and what I can so to help them out when they need assistance after I have returned. The workload does tend to get to me once and a while, but with the team I have had the chance to work with it still flows smoothly, for the most part.
Pros
Great communication, tasty lunches, empathetic staff
Wonderful staff to work with.
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILNovember 7, 2014
12 hour shifts within the critical care unit at WSMC.
Offers some tuition reimbursement
Flexible scheduling
Work every third weekend and every other holiday.
Pros
Fun staff to work with.
Cons
Frequent change in management
Poor Management, benefits are horrible
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILSeptember 6, 2014
This company has been purchased 4 times over the past 10 years. They keep the same management and expect change. Upper management does not have confidence in their employees and we are constantly blamed for mistakes the doctors are making when it comes to verification and authorizations for tests and procedures. The company does not hold physicians or management responsible for anything.
Pros
coworkers stick together
Cons
no breaks
Beautiful work setting and family oriented, supportive staff.
Diabetes Educator (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILAugust 27, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a patient accomplish his or her goals.
Great environment for monographers
Student of Clinical Studies (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJuly 2, 2014
Very professional, skilled, and organized. What more could you want?
Pros
Very busy, great co-workers
Cons
not very ergonomic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Suburban Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

West Suburban Medical Center Reviews by Location