West Tennessee Healthcare Employee Reviews

Keep adrenaline up. Very fast paced. Always on your toes.
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 13, 2018
I have been with wth since 2013. It is a great place to work. I have had excellent managers and supervisors. Family oriented. Team work is a must. Efficiency is key.
Pros
Team work.
Cons
Food in dietary is expensive. Bring your own food.
Business Information Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 8, 2017
This is a great place to work, however; a lot of the time the "good old boy" network will prevail over better candidates.

This can be viewed as a pro or a con depending on which side of the coin you fall.

Overall, be nice, be competent and you will go far.
Pros
Laid back, Job security
Cons
those in leadership positions are somewhat unqualified to be
great benefits
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJune 25, 2017
West Tennessee Healthcare is a wonderful establishment to work for. Great benefits and tuition reimbursement Fast paced. You will have to be a multi-tasker in order to survive.
Great facility to work for
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 31, 2017
I have enjoyed my time here, management is very professional and they worked with my school schedule greatly. I have worked any many departments while employed here and I would recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Busy shifts
Priorities are not aimed towards patient care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 2, 2017
This organization does not seem to value experienced nurses. The new grads are hired in at a pay rate comparable to nurses that have been working with this organization for years. There is no effort to retain experienced nursing staff because the motto seems to be that we are easily replaceable.The morale can be often be low due to not receiving lunch breaks, nurse to patient ratio, and the constant adding of more work without any reward. Very small raises yearly if the budget permits. The priority is all about keeping the MDs happy rather than focus on patient care.
Pros
Good PTO accumulation
Cons
All about MDs and not patient care, do not desire to retain experienced nurses.
Interesting place to work. Meet people from all walks of life
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMarch 31, 2017
I would recommend this job for someone who is young and energetic. The clinic is fast paced and requires a great deal of efficiency. A high demanding job as far as intellect is concerned, I think it is more suitable for young people who may be in college and need a steady job until they finish their degree. There's a lot to be learned but you have to be self sufficient in learning what you need to know in order to do your job successfully. Not a lot of training for this position so it would be good for a person to already have a working knowledge of medical terminology and medical office functions.
Pros
Pay competitive for the area
Cons
No room for advancement, lateral moves at best.
No family life.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMarch 29, 2017
The company forces you to take mandatory overtime, which leaves less time with family. Sometimes they would put you on call for the days you are schedule, which is frustrating because if you don't reach those hours, you lose you bonus. If you are a LPN, the pay is way lower than what you would be making in long term care or home health. The pro is the overtime, they offer bonuses IF overflow units are open.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Mandatory Overtime, Call off, Scheduling
West Tennessee Healthcare is a wonderful organization to serve people, and enhance professional skills.
Inpatient Social Worker (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 19, 2017
A typical work day involves assisting patients/families with discharge planning. The knowledge I've acquired since joining the West TN Healthcare team is tremendous. West Tennessee Healthcare is a wonderful organization to serve people, and enhancement of an employee's professional skills.
Pros
Continuous training and supportive management.
Cons
compensation
Great work environment
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 29, 2016
This is the same hospital where I both worked and shadowed. I could not ask for a better atmosphere to work in as I started towards becoming a physician assistant.
Great coworkers and manager, communicates, help each other, awesome atmosphere
Central Radiology Scheduler (Former Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 4, 2016
I really enjoyed working for .West TN Healthcare. The training was very informative. I really learned a lot. My manager was available when I needed her and my coworkers helped out when I needed some additional help. Everyone I worked with was very friendly and accepted me and became friends really fast.
Wonderful Patients
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 16, 2016
I loved working with the patients. Upper management was helpful in helping me with problems that arose. The pay was okay but you defiantly work for it. I had a lot of problems with co-workers who were creating a very bad work environment.
Pros
The patients, Upper Management, 3 Day Work Week
Cons
Co-Workers, 12 Hour Shifts, Low Pay, Not Getting A Lunch
Good place to build a career
PCT/CNA (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 15, 2016
I worked as a NA (Nurse Assistant) at The Hospital. Overall I enjoyed my experience as I learned many valuable lessons. The patients were also very sweet. Me being a caring person made me fall in love with this job. On the downside it really depends on where you work. I enjoyed working at the hospital but not the specific floor I was on. If I was able to change to a different floor I would definitely go back. The management didn't withhold themselves as they should have. I saw plenty of things that should never happen in a healthcare setting.
Pros
Pay, Lessons, Career
Cons
Coworkers/Managment
productive
PCT (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 2, 2016
I work full time and I work 12 hour shifts. 12 hour shifts can be over baring at times. I do miss a lot at home as far as my kids playing their sports and school functions but that's the way life goes. I manage and balance my schedule.
I learned that in the healthcare field you can not take things personal, you have to bare and grin it no matter how bad things get keep a smile on your face. Patients and the family members can feed off that vibe,
I have a great team on my floor. I work on the Pulmonary floor (A9). We work as a team and we seem to work well with each other.
The hardest part of my job is trying to please everybody and also trying to keep a smile on my face, It is a stressful job but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
The most enjoyable is getting to know my patients and talking about our families.
Pros
breaks
Supervisor - Kirkland's Cancer Center (Current Employee) –  TNOctober 18, 2015
I am a supervisor at Kirkland's Cancer Center over the Admitting department. I love the work I do and I look working with people.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Pay
working with developmental Disability is awesome.
Developmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 10, 2015
I have rich knowledge and understanding of Developmental Delayed individuals and training relevant to the physical handling of Developmental delay population.
ok
Physical Therapist Assistant/Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Milan, TNFebruary 26, 2014
the hardest thing is communication efforts between upper and lower management
People don't quit their jobs, they quit their boss'
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  JacksonMarch 5, 2013
Neutral, Everything has it's problems. When you don't notice a change in things that erk you & others the most then you look else where.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
management
High quality patient care
Radiologic Technologist II/Emergency Room Tech (Current Employee) –  Humboldt, TNFebruary 5, 2013
West Tennesse Healthcare's Mission Statement is to provide high quality compassionate healthcare and I believe that each employee strives for that goal. Team work is a huge part of working in the affiliate hospitals as staffing may be sparse on weekends/nights. Everyone is willing to step outside the box to assist in patient care across the board.
Pros
team work, friendly caring co-workers
Wonderful place to your
Floating Registry Clerical Associate (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 12, 2012
Good managements, help you in life struggles, ladder climber