West Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

Very unstable management & staffing
RN Surgery (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZMay 12, 2016
Change Directors every 3-7 months, bad reputation in community with extreme difficulty finding nurses to work in the OR, staffing is always in chaos, most RN's in dept have less than 1 year experience, they hire new grads into the OR with NO formal training or sponsoring. High Liability place to work. Hired Director with no OR Management experience & Manager that was OR tech who got their MBNA but no OR RN experience only 2 years RN experience on floor nursing. Extremely behind in Standards or Practice, Safety, AORN guidelines. Clinical coordinator has 1 year of experience in OR trained by West Valley Staff & does not know AORN guidlines, nor OSHA guidelines, Workman's Comp guidelines -- thinks it is alright for light duty nurse to work in OR on crutches. Very unsafe place to work personally & professionally. Very outdated practices.
Pros
Cons
too many to mention
terrible management
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Dallas, ORMarch 10, 2016
I appreciated being hired at this hospital but soon after I was hired they were bought by a larger hospital and it change the culture of our small family hospital. Too many arbitrary rules, terrible management, co-workers were back stabbers and couldn't be trusted, was micro-managed to the point of frustration so I left for my own sanity. not a very enjoyable place to work.
Pros
close to home
Cons
management
By far my favorite hospital position
Laboratory Assistant & ER Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZDecember 14, 2015
The lay out of the hospital and the staff from the ER to the floors and the laboratory are all great . Everyone helps each other. Still keep in contact with many of the employees from the position and I would still be working with this company if my home was not foreclosed on and I had to move out of town.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
scheduling change
great place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJune 26, 2015
A typical day of working at West Valley Hospital was getting the OR rooms cleaned before and after surgery. Also to get the recovery rooms cleaned before and after each patient.
fun place to work
TRAVEL OPERATING ROOM RN (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZFebruary 9, 2015
I was brought in to this hospital to learn level one trauma and teach their permanent nurses on how to chart with Cerner. I loved the staff I loved the surgeons, and I loved the managers. I would definitely go back to them.
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
needed more staff
Interesting Workplace
ICU Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaFebruary 7, 2015
A great place to work, wonderful colleagues that exhibit great teamwork with a high level of caring. A fast paced environment of learning.
ok place not great
Medical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  main labJanuary 17, 2015
ok place to work, management not so great, patient care was really the only focus, employees were bottom of the heap
Good Place to Work
Lead CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZDecember 10, 2014
Learned alot during this phase of my career. I enjoyed being part of the implementation of PACS
not a good fit
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZNovember 21, 2014
not a mature acting team, no adequate leadership, bullying ongoing
Productive place to work with small town feel.
Radiological Technologist (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJuly 9, 2014
12 hr shifts, three times a week, Hospital is in transition to become Level 1 Trauma 7/2014

Want to know more about West Valley Hospital?

Ask a question
teamwork
rn staff nurse (Former Employee) –  goodyear, arizonaJanuary 24, 2014
loved this job, the people the work, the management. Roxie was the best supervisor I have had in the 30 plus years of work there
Pros
the team of people i worked with management too
Cons
call, but it was part of the job
Patients witha high acuityare always given to the seasoned nurses while the new nurse sits without offering help. (Poor teamwork)
Staff nurse (Current Employee) –  West Valley HospitalJanuary 21, 2014
I found that all the Doctors are easy to approach with any questions or concerns. Pharmacy makes many mistakes. Typical day is getting bedside report and spending time with my patients on educating them on their health needs. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know my patients, and seeing them get better and go home.
Pros
patient care.
Cons
nurse retention poor. management poor
Poor Management
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZDecember 31, 2013
Over worked and underpaid. They wanted more, more, more with less, less, less......management was poor and untrained. typical day included picking up charts (pages to go into charts) from each floor, sort and put all docs in numeric order, scan all docs, then located and place hard copy docs in the correct chart/file for each patient
Pros
liked my co-workers
Cons
working enviroment and work load over the top
Challenging place to work
ICU Director (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZOctober 16, 2013
My co-workers were very talented individuals in an organization with very few developed processes and systems.
Dealing with multiple personalities
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Goodyear ArizonaOctober 14, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I have a hard stick and I don't have to stick the patient more then once ,To me that is great patient care.
Pros
good lab director
Cons
8hr shifts
Respiratory Care
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZOctober 5, 2013
Good place to work.. Everyone seems to be happy and are almost like family. GREAT Hospital to work at. Love respiratory work.
Pros
enjoyable place to work. love the people amd giving patient care
Cons
??????? cant really think of anything i didnt like.
Great work atmosphere where I loved assisting patients.
Registrar III/Staff Trainer (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJuly 7, 2013
Extremely fast paced, deadline-driven environment where processing patients efficiently and thoroughly were key to a successful outcome for the patient and their care.

The department went through seven managers while I was there and although that was difficult for the department, everyone worked together as a team and persevered.

I enjoyed working with a very diverse group of individuals.

The hardest part of the job was wishing there was more funding to help every patient in need.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I made a difference by providing excellent service to each and every individual. It was great developing relationships with ongoing patients as much as it was rewarding being able to assist one time patients.
Pros
fast paced environment, great team members
Cons
opportunity for advancement
Great place, great management
Staff (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZMay 27, 2013
Enjoyed my job
Would work there again
Location is far from city
Great team efforts and well organized
Pros
staff and management
Cons
location
nice community hospital
nurse (Current Employee) –  goodyear azMay 2, 2013
The grass is never greener anyplace else. There are glitches in the system here, just as there are at EVERY other hospital across the country. Over all there are a lot of really good people working here and to me the quality of my coworkers is extremely important. Plus upper mgmt of the entire system gave up incentives this year so that staff could get raises
Worst management I have ever seen!
Staff (Former Employee) –  Dallas, ORJanuary 15, 2013
The management does not stand behind the employees. They are cutting jobs and playing favorites with family members, cutting pay of long term employees. Also allowing affairs to go on knowingly between drs and techs. And any complaints will get you fired. Not a good place to work!
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
no job security, horrible management

2.9