West Virginia University Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

great place
Certified Surgical Technologist III (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 30, 2015
great docs and nurses learning friendly professional great teams
no weekends or holidays decent pay level 1 trauma small town great access and patient care
Pros
experienced
Review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 30, 2015
It is a great place to work and learn. The team work is great. Learning opportunities abound as it is a teaching hospital and level 1 trauma center as well as being magnet recognized.
Pros
Co-workers
Patient and their families is my first priority
Cardiovascular and Interventional Technologist (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 11, 2015
Enjoy my job and helping patients. Overall most of my co-workers are fun to be around. Decent amount of politics which can become frustrating at times.
team work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 12, 2015
Most of the staff worked well together. Clinic could see as many as 80 pts per day most of which were seen regularly and knew on a first name basis. I always enjoyed working with the peds and group home pts. Although i find it difficult to give a trusting child an injection but love the smile after rewarding them with a sticker or lollipop.
Pros
Getting weekends off
Cons
Lack of staff
a great place to work
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 27, 2015
-management really cares about what I had to say.
-very supportive staff
-flexible scheduling
-free charge nurse to assist when I got overwhelmed
Politically incorrect
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 8, 2015
Very complicated and political process of getting interviewed, processed, hired, and possibly accepted by your coworkers - unless your new boss warns everyone that you are "used to being in charge and should not be allowed to ask for help".
Hospital is growing and therefore will continue to have many job opportunities
Environmental Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 8, 2015
Learned self awareness and how to work with difficult co-workers.
The pay-scale is lower than the competing hospitals around. On the positive, the hospital is continuing to grow at a great rate and will provide many more opportunities
Challenging
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 19, 2013
Learning different areas within the hospital for the Department of Patient Access and working in different areas such as the Emergency Department, Admissions and Cancer Center, made my job more interesting. Registering patients, receiving and inputting pertinent information which is essential for patient records. Answering phones, filing, faxing, requesting approvals for procedures from insurance companies. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting patients receive the care needed.
Pros
working with patients, learning new aspects of patient care.
Cons
not being able to always secure the approvals needed by insurance companies.
Coworkers are lifelong friends
Night Shift Medical Technologist Generalist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 8, 2015
Not only did I work at WVU Hospital for 8 years but was educated at the Health Science Center. Having had my schooling and first job experience there -I assumed all hospitals had programs equal to WVU. My opinion now being away from WV is that I am fortunate to have had the great education and professional work experience that I did. The Med Tech program prepared me for a competitive world in health care better than I had ever imagined. The continuous learning environment that employees at WVU hospital are exposed to daily is wonderful. The team atmosphere where every employee is important to the improvement of each patient is unmatched. Because once a mountaineer, always a mountaineer - employees care about each other and the system works to the patient's benefit.
Pros
Continuous Learning Environment, Great Coworker Relationships, Best Equipment and Instruments on the Market, Knowledgeable Employees, Feeling of Teamwork throughout the Hospital
Cons
Parking difficult for Employees on WVU game day
Clinical Assistant
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 21, 2014
Performed duties of a clinical assistant such as helping patients to and from their beds. Assist with bathing and linen changes. Received no assistance from RN's. Had very little help from other clinical assistants. Also was hired for day shift, was moved to midnight shift with no possible change of shift.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
no assistance
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 14, 2015
Good place to work. Atmosphere is good while working and very laid back. You're expected to be able to do your job correctly and on a timely basis.
WVU Hospital
Student Physician Assistant Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 31, 2012
The staff at WVU are knowledgeable and caring. Being an academic facility, they are very eager to teach and always stay up-to-date on all the latest information and technology.
Great experience, needs new management
Surgical technologist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 7, 2012
In my four years at WVU hospital I learned a lot to better my career and skills. However, the managment needs to be replaced. They do not support their employees at all.
I really enjoyed my profession
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  morgantown wvMarch 3, 2014
WVUH does not care about their employees. My job of 17 years was given to someone else who had just started because I choose to stay at the bedside of my dying husband.
Great place to learn for new grads
Registered Nurse - Staff - Cardiac Step Down (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 15, 2014
No complaints. Awesome work environment with great staff and management
Pros
pay, staff, management, teaching hospital
great benefits
RN (Former Employee) –  morgantown, wvAugust 25, 2014
Benefits are wonderful, plenty of resources, and many of options to choose from for experience
Pros
resources, options
Cons
location
Best Place I have ever worked
Bedside RN for MICU/SICU (Former Employee) –  Morgantown WVMay 30, 2013
This place is fabulous and you will learn and see a diverse popultion of patients
poorly managed
Surgical technologist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 15, 2013
great experience, poorly managed. needs new surgical management & nursing management
Fast paced direct patient care
Clinical Associate - Oncology and Hematology (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 16, 2014
A typical day of work consists of providing safe and direct patient care to a set assigned number of patients. This assignment usually ranges from 6 to 12 patients. As a clinical associated I work closely with the LPN and RNs assigned to the same patients in order to carry out all necessary and vital functions for quality patient care. Clinical Associates are responsible for obtaining vitals per orders, reporting abnormal values, documenting vitals and intake/output, safely ambulating patients, providing AM care and encouraging independence/integrating strengths, maintaining a safe environment and reducing the risk of infection, emptying drains, foleys, changing ostomy appliances, collecting specimens and sending them to the lab, collecting and reporting blood glucose levels. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with patients and their families. The patients really appreciate the care I provide for them. My co-workers make it a great place to continue to grow as part of team. When I walk onto the floor at the beginning of the day I feel motivated to do my best for the patients and when I leave at the end of the day I feel a sense of accomplishment.
My job
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 4, 2013
I love the environment and the ability to learn so much information from the coworkers.

West Virginia University Hospital Reviews by Location