West Virginia University Employee Reviews

My School
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 2, 2017
Every day at school was welcoming, loved to start my day. The opportunities and the challenges would keep me all time active.

The waivers is another motivation for students to work hard to score good!
Productive and supportive environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 31, 2017
The professor's at WVU are great to work for. They are welcoming and knowledgeable. They expect things in a fast manner, but are understanding that there are other priorities involved with school.
Pros
Patient, free lunches/dinners, flexible hours
Fun
Part-Time Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 23, 2017
Fun place to work.
Managers are laid back.
Able to work on school work while at some jobs.
Pay is enough for spending money for college students.
Weekends off.
My Experience
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 19, 2017
My ability to work is my hard work which gives me confidence and self satisfaction in order to achieve the deadlines. I can work in a team by organizing things according to the requirement. The management I worked is very helpful.
Enjoyable Place to work
Assistant Director, Network Operations (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 18, 2017
WVU was a great place to work located in Morgantown West Virginia. It was a wonderful place to learn and grow as an IT professional. Management was fair and balanced.
Pros
Great Place to Live
Great Place to Work
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 11, 2017
Morgantown itself is a great place to be. Working and studying at the university was one of the greatest experiences of my life and I couldn't have been more thankful for the opportunities presented to me.
Educational environment
Student (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 11, 2017
A typical day here was going to class, getting involved in clubs/research experience, and spending time doing school work outside of the classroom. Time management was extremely important to stay on top of.
Research
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 5, 2017
Research is on a slow pace sometimes. The facilities are apt for a student to learn and contribute. Self-learning is the best way to update our understanding and grasp of the concepts.
Some positions are great, others are not
Campus Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 27, 2017
They have excellent benefits provide steady work, but pay rates are determined by a classification system. No matter how hard you work or how great of an employee you are, you earn the same amount as the worst employee in the same position. Raises are almost non-existent. The only way to earn more is to transfer departments, but that is hard to do because people don't often leave the higher-paying positions.
Typical Academia
Laboratory Technician/Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 19, 2017
Little research opportunity for undergraduates; gaining a project requires luck. Wide variety of master's programs, however. Graduate program provides varied, valuable, and customizable experience in environmental science disciplines in preparation for careers.
n/a
Data Entry/Records Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 13, 2017
I was employed through a temp agency for this company. The time that I was employed through this company was a very laid back environment, friendly co-workers who were all willing to help in the time of need.
Enjoyable environment
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WV 26101June 12, 2017
Helping customers with finding books on the computer and college studies.I also filed books and helped with projects.I also dated new books and placed identifications on the new books
Pros
great breaks
Terrible place to work!
Resident Physician (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 10, 2017
Management is terrible and only have their interests at heart. Co-worker interaction is poor as well. There are lots of "clicks" and if you are not part of the right ones you are sure to experience horizontal harassment.
Self Driven Work Environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 8, 2017
WVU is a decent place to work. As a graduate research assistant Morgantown offers a great atmosphere. The work required is often self driven and are responsible for your own progress.
Fun workplace
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 7, 2017
As a student manager I had ability to get more hands on than the student workers, fun job environment for college student. I believe that they try to promote a positive work life experience.
Variety of programs
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 16, 2017
Big school with a large selection of courses. Opportunities for students. Supportive faculty. Allow for time to get to class if driving. University town.
Pros
Variety of programs and classes
Cons
Parking issue
Wesr Virginia University
GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 6, 2017
West Virginia University has a valuable and professional work force that are always willing to help you whether you are a student or a worker. By being an instructor in WVU, I was able to gain experience in my field. In the academic level, I expand widely my knowledge on my field of study. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in the classroom teaching Spanish. I also loved classes in the master program which enable me to deep in my professional field by going to conferences and creating a network of people who is also in the same field. The hardest part of my stay in WVU was keeping a balance between School and work. We needed to be committed to our students and studies.
Pros
awards for conferences, great work environment
Cons
not able to extent work
Ra
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 2, 2017
I really enjoyed my time being a resident assistant and I think its all about who is on your floor and who is working with you. Can't really tell you much because it all depends on a lot.
Pros
Staff, room & board
Cons
very enjoyable place to work
Trades Specialist Lead I (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 29, 2017
i had the responsibility to make sure all the HVAC equipment on campus was in top running order and ensured a pleasant enviroment for the students to take there classes .
Pros
great place to work
Cons
bad traffic
WVU Athletics
Athletic Facilities and Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 27, 2017
Great place to work and go to school. Athletic programs perform above standards and a great culture of people. Everyone wants to win and they are constantly improving facilities.