West Yavapai Guidance Clinic Employee Reviews

not good
Cutomer Service, Eligibility Rep & E/E Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work was your standard for any day. Answer phones, schedule appointments, do intakes for new clients. The people I worked with most of them cared about the clients while others were there just to do a job.
Pros
the people I worked with and the desire to help people
Cons
The upper management
Company Has Potential
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZFebruary 21, 2016
Company is dedicated to helping mentally and emotionally challenged of the community and appears sincere about doing so. The staff hired there are amazing and work extremely hard to care for the clientele. Senior management would do well to exercise better judgment about who they promote and hire into senior and midlevel management positions. The company culture and organization is not clearly defined and are challenged with lack of standardization when implementing integrated marketing concepts. Overall, the company, if they can address the deficits of better implementation and sincere communication of the organizational culture, which esteems their staff, would be a better place for both clientele and staff with which to associate.
Pros
Benefits, colleague relationships.
Cons
Poor communication between management and staff, Inadequate experience and education of those hired into mid level management positions.
Great Management
Infant & Toddler Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZFebruary 8, 2016
An educational working environment that was immersed in the local community. The management was supportive and the staff members were helpful.
The work we did through the clinic was every helpful to the children. It could be emotionally draining but very worth our efforts and hard work.
Direct Service Professional Children DSP (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZOctober 7, 2015
Excellent training to prepare individual to work with special needs children. Productive and meaningful work. I have a letter of recommendation from management.

Typical day consisted of working with the child in the classroom, i.e. math, science, writing. I also worked with the child on coping skills and independent living skills. The children I worked with had severe ADHD, severe mental illness, and or Separation Disorder aliments. Most of the children I worked with were in Foster care. Our services were critical and I often had great outcomes after a days work. I enjoyed watching the progress the children made in school and in home. It was very meaningful.
Pros
I was reimbused mileage and petty cash for food, activities.
Cons
There really were no breaks. The reports we had do to in the evening were all time sensitive.
Very poor working environment
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMarch 20, 2015
Support staff was treated very poorly. No acknowledgement of their value. Only clinical staff was considered worth anything. Didn't care if they overworked their staff because of supposed lack of funds. Even though they made a profit of over $1M per year. Allowed managers to bully their staff and no recourse for the employee.
Pros
good benefits and salaries
Cons
very high stress and no support from management
Enriching peoples lives
Infant & Toddler Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZNovember 2, 2014
Working with under privileged youth and their families was rewarding and brought an awareness of different cultures. I worked well with my co-workers and supervisors. The job was stressful as many of the families were involved with the court systems and child protective services. I enjoyed teaching my parenting classes and seeing how my instruction and support brought changes to their lives.
Pros
great benefits and supervisor support
Cons
hearing the stories of neglect and abuse.
Dedicated work force, slow computers
Bilingual Clinician (Current Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZOctober 7, 2014
I feel paperwork is ridiculous on case management. Lately, things are getting better, but many of my co-workers cannot meet the management's demands. There so much time spent on paperwork that this is negatively affecting many clients, because they are not receiving the services they need.
I feel we are a great group of co-workers, because we have a good sense of humor and there is a lot of people with experience; very low turnover rate.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with children. Plus, the freedom to work 3 days of 10 hours each. There is no micro-management.
Pros
i can make my own schedule.
Cons
paperwork and slow computer/internet servers
Over worked, underpaid
Former Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Yavapai CountySeptember 25, 2014
The co-workers at West Yavapai are better than you will find anywhere. Everyone on the front lines are very supportive and friendly. Upper management is non-supportive and fail to take care of the basic needs of their employes.
Overall, not a happy camper about my experience
bo (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJuly 17, 2014
Loved the job from day 1. For a long time, considered it to be the best job I ever had. There were many positives working there for the first couple years. My fellow employees were nice and supportive except for a couple of fake ones. Company very flexible, understanding that we have a "life" and that family is important to us so that was a definite plus. I worked my behind off while some, chit chatted for hours at a time with no repercussions which was extremely bothersome. Their computer system sucked. It was not user friendly for our department and management didn't seem to care. Things were unorganized and training not helpful. Supervisor seemed unfriendly most of the time. For the exception of a selected few individuals, the supervisor would walk right by you, not look at you or say anything to you, unless you spoke first and even then, not much said. Had awesome yearly reviews but only got 1 very small "cost of living" raise in over 3 years working there. I learned a lot, good and bad.
Pros
flexible with time off and making up regular hours, when needed
Cons
management didn't like me speaking up for myself or questioning them.
Excellent for the community
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJanuary 24, 2014
Excellent for the community and employees however layoffs are frequent.
I loved the people I worked with. Very caring and fun loving
Lead Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZSeptember 10, 2013
I went to work at 8:15 so I could drop my kids off at school at 8:00. I would order any office supplies or general medical supplies needed. I would check any new orders for proper authorization. Receive any product that was delivered and distribute to the proper department. Update spreadsheets for inventory and cost analist. Consistantly look for better pricing for everything we bought. I would go shopping at Walmart and Costco weekly.
Pros
the people i worked with were amazing.
Cons
always worried about spending too much money.
Best Job I have ever had.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZJune 14, 2013
I have never worked in an environment where I felt so supported and welcome.
Rewarding seeing differences in the children
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJune 10, 2013
I met with clients in the community or in the home or at school. I helped them cope with their feelings and helped them find ways to manage their behavior. I learned that traditional behavioral methods often don't work with children with behavioral health challenges. I was able to manage my own schedule with little supervision. My co-workers were very dedicated compassionate people just like me. The hardest part of my job was when a client would throw violent temper tantrums in public. I learned from those experiences. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the changes little by little in my clients as they gain respect, skills, and confidence.
Great Ideas, Poor Implementation
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZMarch 24, 2013
No communication between departments and too many Chiefs and not enough Indians... Loved my coworkers and boss though. I learned a lot about Networking.
Pros
pay, benefits, good people
Cons
poor management and communication, too big of a turnover, no job security
NT19 Program Coordinator
LPN/ NT19 Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZFebruary 20, 2013
Most of the people working there are very helpful and enjoyable to work with, the current upper management is another story. Very poor orientation and training, very frequently they expect things to be done that you are unaware of being responsible for. Upper management very dis-honest and manipulative, after a new DON was hired who soon after changed my and many others responsibilities with no negotiation. I was the 5th person I know of to resign because of those un-negotiated changes.
Fortunately though you rarely have to deal with the upper management types
Pros
started off with a lot of autonomy and time to provide quality services for clients, but then with a new don that all changed. good 401k plan.
Cons
wages barely competitive to those in the area, poor management
Positive Working Environment, Genuine Care For Clients Recovery
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZJanuary 12, 2013
Per case manager or medical staff request, engaged hard to reach clients. Scheduled one on one appointments; weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or via telephone contact. Introduced new clients into the process of recovery; offered opportunities for client participation. Role modeled the transformative power of recovery. Encouraged recovery progress and assisted with internal and external recovery. Supported client’s self-advocacy. Listened to the client and identified areas for potential growth. Provided feedback on the recovery progress. Identified personal and environmental obstacles to recovery. Provided stage appropriate recovery education through facilitated groups and individual sessions. Guided the transition from a clinical directed treatment plan to a client developed service plan. Assisted with creating activities around service plan. Assisted individuals to develop coping skills for daily living; and to be involved with healthy activities to enhance life. Practiced confidentiality. Frequently staffed with case managers regarding client status of wellbeing; safety, medications and discussing expectations. Used resources, from the clinic and community to locate housing, recovery employment, health and social services, recovery support groups or twelve-step meetings. Cooperated with other related professional organizations. Early intervention and recovery re-initiation services. Advocated for abstinence from drugs and/or alcohol, according to legal, medical, family or other obligations. Supported clients through challenges caused by everyday events, activities and situations.  more... Reception duties: answered phones, referred clients to other organizations. Clerical duties: Copied, faxed, scanned, sorted and distributed mail, special projects on request. Use of computers for documentation of DAPP individual and group notes; staffings, client contact, issues and resources. Computer programs used; Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, Avatar and Powertime. Use of clinic vehicles for home visits, client transportation and gave gas vouchers when required.
Management is always approachable to discuss any clinical issues. Co-workers are easy to relate to, out going and like a family we all share the same goals; to strive for excellence in providing client services. The hardest part about the job are the times when help is offered but client declines or client goes into a crisis. The most enjoyable part about the job is that I am constantly learning through all my experiences. My ultimate reward is the satisfaction that efforts made had a positive impact on a client.
Pros
very pleasant working environment, we all are motivated and work as a team.
Cons
prescott, arizona pay rates are too low.
Review
Medical Records File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 8, 2012
Filing in the Records room was easy and the group of people I worked with were nice and pleasant to be with all day. When I moved to the PUF is where all went wrong. The nurses and One Doctor in paticular did the silent treatment to me. There are a lot of unhappy people working for that company. I wasn't one of them. I enjoyed working at the clinic
Pros
meeting new people in all departments
Cons
unhappy complaning people
Job requires high energy
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  642 Dameron St. PrescottDecember 20, 2011
Case managers are loaded up with extremely high case loads and are required to manage them efficiently even though supervisors are aware that the often high "out-of-office" needs of individual clients cuts into paperwork/report writing time cuts into the case managers' time to complete all required duties. On the positive side, the company has nice health and savings benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Yavapai Guidance Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9