West Yavapai Guidance Clinic Employee Reviews

Not a bad place
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed my time working for WYGC, I would pursue future employment there if the opportunity presented itself. Manyhappy employees, and many clients served and helped.
I enjoyed it!
Substance Abuse Counselor/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZAugust 31, 2017
Thankful for the opportunity. Management was great. Vi Rocks! Clients are great. Group setting was amazing in Prescott Valley. I left after 7 years with the company only due to relocation.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Caseloads are high... but where are they not?? Gotta do with what you got.
Very unhappy work environment due to stress and poor leadership
Psychiatric RN (Current Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZAugust 8, 2017
No support. Back biting and negativity reign. Power and control issues among top leadership. Turn over is high and indicative of dissatisfaction. Money and budgets appear to be of more importance than good, quality and compassionate care for the mentally ill.
Review Required
Infant & Toddler Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJuly 4, 2017
Several decades of research have clearly demonstrated the importance of a child’s earliest years. Most importantly, the relationships formed with parents and caregivers during this time establish the foundation for all future development – intellectual, social, emotional, physical and behavioral.

Research has also shown that behavioral and mental health problems can emerge in infants, toddlers and preschoolers. If left undiagnosed and untreated, resulting problems can include school failure, child abuse, delinquency and mental illness.
decent local psyche facility
Outpatient RN (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJune 15, 2017
outpatient psyche was not my favorite, phone calls/triage, paperwork, more phone calls, more paperwork. but its a decent place to work for, very liberal minded folk, good atmosphere.
Pros
decent people, company culture
Cons
phone calls and paper work
Really
Director of Medical Records & Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMarch 13, 2017
I am really not interested in doing this review. I think this is not relevant to my job searches and do not appreciate being forced into a review I have no interest in performing
good place to work. low pay
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZFebruary 28, 2017
good place to work. Low pay, friendly people, challenging clients. monday thru friday work week. no overtime available
good
good
Front Desk operator (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZFebruary 10, 2017
Good place to work, great benefits. Room for advancement, Very political but can be overlooked. Holiday pay, Sick leave that rolls over,
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
very political
I had a great opportunity to plant seeds of hope in people lives. I believe it takes a village to make a difference ....touching one life at a time.
Behavioral Health Technician II (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 25, 2016
It's a very high pace and intense work environment. You have to be self motivated, and knowledgeable about mental illness. You need to bring tons of compassion, empathy, and patience; believing that a person is much, much more than their diagnosis and empowering them on their journey of self discovery.
Pros
opportunity to build strong bonds with team mates.
Cons
no brakes, inconsistent communication between administration and department staff.
not good
Cutomer Service, Eligibility Rep & E/E Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work was your standard for any day. Answer phones, schedule appointments, do intakes for new clients. The people I worked with most of them cared about the clients while others were there just to do a job.
Pros
the people I worked with and the desire to help people
Cons
The upper management
Company Has Potential
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZFebruary 21, 2016
Company is dedicated to helping mentally and emotionally challenged of the community and appears sincere about doing so. The staff hired there are amazing and work extremely hard to care for the clientele. Senior management would do well to exercise better judgment about who they promote and hire into senior and midlevel management positions. The company culture and organization is not clearly defined and are challenged with lack of standardization when implementing integrated marketing concepts. Overall, the company, if they can address the deficits of better implementation and sincere communication of the organizational culture, which esteems their staff, would be a better place for both clientele and staff with which to associate.
Pros
Benefits, colleague relationships.
Cons
Poor communication between management and staff, Inadequate experience and education of those hired into mid level management positions.
Great Management
Infant & Toddler Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZFebruary 8, 2016
An educational working environment that was immersed in the local community. The management was supportive and the staff members were helpful.
The work we did through the clinic was every helpful to the children. It could be emotionally draining but very worth our efforts and hard work.
Direct Service Professional Children DSP (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZOctober 7, 2015
Excellent training to prepare individual to work with special needs children. Productive and meaningful work. I have a letter of recommendation from management.

Typical day consisted of working with the child in the classroom, i.e. math, science, writing. I also worked with the child on coping skills and independent living skills. The children I worked with had severe ADHD, severe mental illness, and or Separation Disorder aliments. Most of the children I worked with were in Foster care. Our services were critical and I often had great outcomes after a days work. I enjoyed watching the progress the children made in school and in home. It was very meaningful.
Pros
I was reimbused mileage and petty cash for food, activities.
Cons
There really were no breaks. The reports we had do to in the evening were all time sensitive.
Very poor working environment
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMarch 20, 2015
Support staff was treated very poorly. No acknowledgement of their value. Only clinical staff was considered worth anything. Didn't care if they overworked their staff because of supposed lack of funds. Even though they made a profit of over $1M per year. Allowed managers to bully their staff and no recourse for the employee.
Pros
Good benefits and salaries
Cons
Very High Stress and no support from management
Enriching peoples lives
Infant & Toddler Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZNovember 2, 2014
Working with under privileged youth and their families was rewarding and brought an awareness of different cultures. I worked well with my co-workers and supervisors. The job was stressful as many of the families were involved with the court systems and child protective services. I enjoyed teaching my parenting classes and seeing how my instruction and support brought changes to their lives.
Pros
Great benefits and supervisor support
Cons
Hearing the stories of neglect and abuse.
Dedicated work force, slow computers
Bilingual Clinician (Current Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZOctober 7, 2014
I feel paperwork is ridiculous on case management. Lately, things are getting better, but many of my co-workers cannot meet the management's demands. There so much time spent on paperwork that this is negatively affecting many clients, because they are not receiving the services they need.
I feel we are a great group of co-workers, because we have a good sense of humor and there is a lot of people with experience; very low turnover rate.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with children. Plus, the freedom to work 3 days of 10 hours each. There is no micro-management.
Pros
I can make my own schedule.
Cons
Paperwork and slow computer/internet servers
Over worked, underpaid
Former Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Yavapai CountySeptember 25, 2014
The co-workers at West Yavapai are better than you will find anywhere. Everyone on the front lines are very supportive and friendly. Upper management is non-supportive and fail to take care of the basic needs of their employes.
Overall, not a happy camper about my experience
bo (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJuly 17, 2014
Loved the job from day 1. For a long time, considered it to be the best job I ever had. There were many positives working there for the first couple years. My fellow employees were nice and supportive except for a couple of fake ones. Company very flexible, understanding that we have a "life" and that family is important to us so that was a definite plus. I worked my behind off while some, chit chatted for hours at a time with no repercussions which was extremely bothersome. Their computer system sucked. It was not user friendly for our department and management didn't seem to care. Things were unorganized and training not helpful. Supervisor seemed unfriendly most of the time. For the exception of a selected few individuals, the supervisor would walk right by you, not look at you or say anything to you, unless you spoke first and even then, not much said. Had awesome yearly reviews but only got 1 very small "cost of living" raise in over 3 years working there. I learned a lot, good and bad.
Pros
Flexible with time off and making up regular hours, when needed
Cons
Management didn't like me speaking up for myself or questioning them.
Excellent for the community
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJanuary 24, 2014
Excellent for the community and employees however layoffs are frequent.
I loved the people I worked with. Very caring and fun loving
Lead Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZSeptember 10, 2013
I went to work at 8:15 so I could drop my kids off at school at 8:00. I would order any office supplies or general medical supplies needed. I would check any new orders for proper authorization. Receive any product that was delivered and distribute to the proper department. Update spreadsheets for inventory and cost analist. Consistantly look for better pricing for everything we bought. I would go shopping at Walmart and Costco weekly.
Pros
The people I worked with were amazing.
Cons
Always worried about spending too much money.