WEST Employee Reviews

Productive and sometimes fun.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Catherine, MSFebruary 6, 2017
A typical day is early morning. breakfast at work. Then its on the phone for the next two hours non-stop.A bathroom break would come up or a snack break. Then another two hours, until lunch. Really tiring and one would be on the phone relentlessly. Sometimes the supervisors would have the floor participate in activities. Encouragement sweetens labour. At times your quality would be reviewed depending on which you'd get a reward of bonus or a long probation period,sometimes i'll get little of both.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
too much people on the floor
Productive and fun place to
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 13, 2017
I want to work at a call center I got to talk to many different people from around the world. I got the health insurance companies and hospitals and doctors. I enjoyed my time here before we were all laid off
Pros
Great co-workers to work with
Cons
How to sit down all day long
hated this job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 29, 2016
They dont care too much about their employees. Didnt really teach us the materials we needed to be successful on the floor. hated this job.
Pros
good food
Cons
horrible. unorganized
Supervisors chose favorites and very unprofessional
Operator (Former Employee) –  West PointDecember 16, 2016
The work you did and certain other situations that you shouldn't of had to put up with didn't reflect your pay. The attitudes and favoritism and being treated unfairly wasn't worth the stress.
Pros
The hours were amazing
Cons
Unprofessional Team leads and supervision
Fun and flexible work schedule
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Marshalltown, IANovember 22, 2016
Enjoyed the work and the people. Enjoyed the flexible work schedule with a growing family. Very straight forward what was expected from you. Ryan is a great supervisor and will to help when needed.
Constant Change without a final end goal
IS Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 22, 2016
The corporate culture tried to promote organizational health, but then made so many changes, management and leadership couldn't keep any focus on retaining people. If leadership didn't like you personally, then you were terminated no matter how well you preformed in your role. Resource constraints and multiple projects all with the same timeframes due made it impossible to succeed.
Pros
a lot of good people attempting to ride out the transitional storm, benefits decent
Cons
work/life balance, 60 plus hour weeks is expected/demanded
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 15, 2016
Worked with a lot of positive people, so caring and fun to be around each day, great experience with people. Teaches one how to react and be a people person.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short break
Productive and Fun
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 15, 2016
At this job I took calls for Cingular Cellular Company and telemarketing calls. During hurricane Katrina I took sensitive calls for the red cross. I also was a team lead which was basically a supervisor that didn't get paid for being a supervisor .
Pros
Work as many hours as you wanted
Cons
crazy calls sometimes
Great working with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WiNovember 15, 2016
I really had great co-workers and we worked well together creating new strategies to help customers maximize their company profits. Most of the associates went the extra mile to make sure that we could all get the job done as a team. Working with the customers was great fun, even when they were upset. Helping analyze the customers finances and the best way to maximize profit was very rewarding, particularly when it was required to build rapport with the client sometimes finding interesting information on many business fields.
Pros
Wonderful Co-Workers
Cons
Management withheld important information
West Corp
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXNovember 11, 2016
This employer was extremely difficult to work for because they do not value their employees. You are sent home without compensation if business slows down. They don't offer health insurance. Their dress code is inappropriate for the type of job. They tend to single people out for scrutiny and do not reprimand immaturity.
Pros
guaranteed job if you can type
Cons
no healthcare, short hours, rude management
very fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 1, 2016
west was a good place working at I really learned different and new thing from it its a very fun place been at west was my 1st tellermarketing work place AND I ENJYED IT
Was a great company to work with at first, not so much in the end.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAOctober 21, 2016
Loved working with WEST/Alorica. Until they signed with a new client early 2016. That client had qualifications/expectations that were hard to meet. They wanted agents to be certified. I passed the certification but this client audited the call that certified me. Screwed me over. Then fired me. This client is US Bank. I've received numerous KUDOS calls from our callers and from Aetna callers. I was a great agent. WEST/Alorica lost most of their agents when this client came. They ended uo quitting due to the jib/client or were fired because of the certification qualifications. Now I am having a hard time finding work and can barely get food stamps or unemployment. I had just gotten my FMLA approved as well due to my hundreds of medical bills. Thanks Alorica/West. You've left a bitter taste in my mouth.
Pros
Loved working for Aetna Healthcare
Cons
PTO/UTO removal. Our needs not acknowledged. The new client is terrible.
great place to work and room for advancement.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 15, 2016
go to work, sit at your cubicle say hello to everyone. Get started at work and everyone is very helpful. friendly atmosphere. very enjoyable. Loved it
Pros
moved up within 30 days and work on your own independently with pretty decent pay
Cons
too much competition for very positions, even though I was satisfied with mine.
workplace
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 13, 2016
flexible schedule and training was awesome. Management was unorganized. System wasn't working right away. I.T doesn't have experience. Co-works were very help full.
Comcast Tech Support
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 6, 2016
I assisted customers with troubleshooting Comcast equipment. I also activated new Comcast devices. I was responsible for making sure that every customer was satisfied with Comcast products and services.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Healthcare
Fulfilment
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 5, 2016
I played a lucrative roll in the day to day functions which included but not limited to supporting various lines groups to asking employees with payroll, time clock or system issues, etc.
Pros
I gained a lot a valued experience
Cons
My position was eliminated
Very productive environment with great employees and friendly atmosphere.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 24, 2016
A typical day of work was busy with various situations to deal with. I learned how to handle customer questions and objections in a fast paced environment. The management team was very easy to ask questions if there was an issue. Also they were great to help their team members if there was a problem.

My co-workers were easy to work with and a joy to be around.

The hardest part of the job was the constant changes in policy that cam from the client, which did not let the employees get in a rhythm in their work. The most enjoyable part of the job is was the fun atmosphere that the managers tried to keep on the floor while maintaining a great professional environment.
Pros
Pizza on Mondays after pay day, and the amount of Paid Time Off allowed.
Cons
Short breaks, small work space
Productive and fun
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 16, 2016
Great working environment. The staff and employees are very friendly and helpful. Flexible schedule and it is easy to advance in your career. Always hiring.
This job was okay
Level 2 Tech Support: (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 10, 2016
This job was nice to work for the over time and the pay but the company was a joke when it came to the way they treated their workers. They would give you over time and not tell you and then write you up because you did look at the time card one hour before you had to be there to find out you had to be there already. Then if something medical happens to there staff then things get even worse.
Pros
overtime and pay
Cons
staff and politics
West Inc. Co_Workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHSeptember 7, 2016
My experiences with the other employees were very favorable. I enjoyed the majority of my co-workers. Company was fine.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WEST. Our community is ready to answer.