WEST Employee Reviews in United States

Productive very good learning environment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 26, 2016
Good employment unfortunately very strict on attendance adherence. Very professional atmosphere. Great beginners job when wanting to expand a career in customer service.
Poor working conditions
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2016
Poor. They treat employees really bad. Management thinks that employees are disposable. I left because I could not stand the treatment managers gave team members.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARApril 14, 2016
Productive however the work ethic of the coworkers seemed less desirable as the culture of the work place was slack and needed discipline. I enjoyed my time there however I was not informed of company closure until about a week before it happen, the management already knew way ahead of time.
Pros
The salary was excellent and the Company did have contests and different activities to boost moral.
Cons
no way of advancement or raise in salary.
Productive and fun place to work with plenty of opportunity to advance
IT Director (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 13, 2016
I loved working for West, it is a fast paced work environment that recognizes people for hard work. They offered on the job training, a mentoring program, open door policy and plenty of work.
It was a laid back yet professional workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 13, 2016
I enjoyed the job and I loved the flexibility I had with my schedule. Working on the sales floor always had high energy, a fast pace, and interesting conversations.
Productive and a great place to work
Purchasing Specialist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 11, 2016
It was a great company to work for, I worked there for a long period of time. I really enjoyed working there The people were great. I had a really good supervisor.
Wonderful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMApril 9, 2016
Great Company! Great environment, great employers. I learned a lot about payroll, hiring, invoicing and training for mine employment. Co-workers made it easy to learn and get the job done. Tons of teamwork was in place. Its a great job for anyone.
Fast paced
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 1, 2016
It is a fast paced workplace, there is always something going on. I loved the people I worked with. Made lots of friends. I worked long and hard for not very much praise or benefits.
convenient place to work that is always hiring
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2016
simple job description with adequate paid training. highly relaxed work atmosphere. management always helpful but not always friendly and co-workers are pleasant.
Worked here very sporadically in office as school nurse.
Substitute Nurse (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILMarch 23, 2016
Enjoyed interaction with older/ middle school kids. Did not put in a lot of hours in recent years. Hard to learn attendance system when there so little
fun environment, clean working conditions great scheduling
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHMarch 20, 2016
I loved my job at west my fellow colleagues were great to work with west just had bad management i learned alot about customer service , how to talk to people and gained plenty social skills
Pros
able to make your own schedule
Cons
short breaks sometimes breaks and lunches were cut off if we were too busy
Fun but have to be on your feet
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMarch 6, 2016
It is a fun place to work being around great people but the management is horrible. Co workers keep your day going because their are some good people there. The Hardest part about the job is just sitting in front of the computer for 8 hrs with short breaks.
Pros
Great Co Workers Ok pay
Cons
bad management it make you feel like you are in jail
Challenging place to work
AT&T Wireless Technician (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 1, 2016
Trouble shooting AT&T customers wireless devices, Learning to distinguish with customers if there devices need replacement. What I enjoyed the most was interacting with customers from all around the country.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Having to sit for long periods of time
Good Benefits
Senior Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 1, 2016
They added additional benefits for their employees. Depending on the program your with they will work with your school hours. Their hours are great for a family person with kids.
Exiting work place with snack machine
Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 21, 2016
I would answer the phone calls of customers that wanted service on their cable and needed someone to fix there cable if something was wrong with it. Some times there customer was angry that was the hardest part of the day. I had reassured the customer that an order was being placed for someone to come out and fix there cable. They would feel better after I showed concern about the problem. That was a good thing that I was able to resolve some of their concerns before there cable was fixed by a technician. The most enjoyable part of my day was when I would answer the next call and it would be someone wanting to order cable and they gave me a complement on my service.The management would monitor my calls and the gave me complements on how well i was in my prompt response to the customers' needs. The co-workers I had were laid back and all well mannered. I learned that you can still help someone by doing a good job even if it is over the phone by working at this call center.
Pros
snack machines
Cons
small break area
Interesting occupation, but not a lot of room for advancement.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAFebruary 17, 2016
I absolutely love my job, but I'm also 28 years old and about to top out pay wise in my job title. There is very little turnover in management, so the potential to move up is slim to none. I work with people who have been in the position I am in for 10-15 years, and I am not content staying at this level that long.

Set schedule, 40 hours a week. You get to know your coworkers quickly and working as a team is encouraged.

Hardest part of the job is the new products that are brought in with little training, but if you are quick to learn that won't be a problem either.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the different customers on a constant basis. There is a base group of companies who deal with our department on a regular basis, so you get to network, unintentionally. :)
stressful call volume
Agent (Former Employee) –  s 152 howardFebruary 8, 2016
west was when in training was were your a agent for att prep[aid and postpaid phone taking care of voicemail problems and drop call problems but was put on the floor to soon because of lack of people
Pros
40 hrs week
Cons
high call volume
managemenr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 8, 2016
So many supervisors were trained in a short period of time, they didn't know their job position thoroughly. The head person of the company didn't affiliate with workers, nor did he keep the company fully updated with well needed knowledge. He didn't have any knowledge of most policies as well.
Nice Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 3, 2016
nice place to work hard to move up in the company because employee and something like temps but contractor would be a better word
Pros
You can post you hours and work when u like
It was a fun place to work at
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 26, 2016
I learned alot about the people that i worked with and the people around me that was on my floor. The most enjoyable part of the job was there was no down time until i got done with all of my work.