WEST Employee Reviews

This job was okay
Level 2 Tech Support: (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 10, 2016
This job was nice to work for the over time and the pay but the company was a joke when it came to the way they treated their workers. They would give you over time and not tell you and then write you up because you did look at the time card one hour before you had to be there to find out you had to be there already. Then if something medical happens to there staff then things get even worse.
Pros
overtime and pay
Cons
staff and politics
West Inc. Co_Workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHSeptember 7, 2016
My experiences with the other employees were very favorable. I enjoyed the majority of my co-workers. Company was fine.
Starter job
Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 6, 2016
Working at this company, there were a lot of young people that worked there and the management was not that good. Great starter job to make money but not good to make a career out of.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Younger minded managment
Not a frendly environment
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2016
Senior manager try to make rhe environment friendly, but the othet staff don't. What the old say your as good as the people under you! One of the other managers wrote me up when I had a car accident. I was out 4 days. Anothe employees w has been out a lot, I mean a lot more than I have and nothing has happened to him. I was even yelled at by this same manager for sending him work related emails to him and he did this in front of everyone.
Pros
Bad equipment/computers
Cons
Environment can be hostile
Amazing Fast Paced work environment with goal oriented and active supervisors
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Pensacola, FLAugust 27, 2016
Constant Call Flow, Up to date Technology, Bi-weekly bonuses, Sales and Customer Retention, Billing, Account Auditing, Scheduled work orders for customers, issues area wide outages,
Friendly co-workers and competitive enviornment
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIAugust 25, 2016
This job is definitely harder than I had expected. The objective is to have a conversation with a Card Member and find a business card that will better fit them, since their point of calling in was to cancel their current business card. There are plenty of opportunities to move up within your program, and tons of other programs to choose from. I originally started taking phone calls as a sales associate, and 8 months later I became a Supervisor.
A waste of time and no one cares at West/Alorica
Data Center Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2016
After 9yrs and 7months, I never revived a raise or sip. After giving them almost a decade, they fired me. There was little to no management help and no hope in site. Maybe getting fired was a blessing in disguise.
Pros
Cons
you are just a number without anyone to look out for you
Decent work but not very stable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 23, 2016
Job was interesting, however the company was sold without notice and jobs are outsourced based on contracting company. Some of the managers were not familiar with employer policies as well.
Excellent company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 17, 2016
inbound calls from customers
easy system to learn
great help from supervisors
good vibe at the workplace
competitive wages
the hardest part about the job was certain calls that I could not solve answer to.
the most enjoyable part about the job was interacting with people over the phone and being able to assist them
Pros
sales competitions
Cons
sitting down alot
Custodian Worker (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 17, 2016
I learned how to manage my work time at West, because the production floors and the class rooms where training took place was occupied simultaneously. Because of this, I would use that time to empty all trash in the break room and vacuum the hallways and sweep/mop the break room. Once the rooms were available for cleaning, I would then move to do do so. Once I was finished vacuuming the training and production floors, it would then be time again to empty trash again in the break room and repeat vacuuming in the hallways.
Pros
Minimum supervision, this was great because I was able to structure my work based on how the company operated. This way, I didn't interrupt anyone on production floor with the vacuum unless there was an emergency
Cons
N/A
Didn't work there for very long
Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 4, 2016
It was very metric oriented. Training was minimal. I did not work there for long but it seemed to have minimal focus on actually helping the customer.
Company Undergoing A Lot of Change
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIAugust 3, 2016
West has mostly been good to me and my immediate management has been quite understanding of life happenings- but I cannot speak for other programs though. The benefits package leaves something to be desired and the company has been making massive changes in management, which has created a lack in consistency in management. Some people got promoted too quickly and it shows that the training wasn't there to support the change.

The hourly rate wasn't bad at all, but making bonus each month was difficult, since West and the clients they host have unrealistic expectations. Don't be surprised if they have you working with a 10 year old database and software system and using 15 year old desktops and expect you to work at a lightning pace. It's an excellent place to retire, if you want to live minimally or are in need of sales or administrative experience. However, I don't recommend making a career out of it, since most people burn-out quickly.
Pros
Benefits package is getting better
Cons
Short lunches, high turn-over rate, no sick pay
Not a good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Home BasedJuly 22, 2016
Not a good company to work for. I had to fight for hours. The system never worked properly. The other staff members did not really provide the support.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No Benefits
the job is ok
nice job (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 21, 2016
The job itself was ok. the duties was easy the only thing is there is a lot of racism. the pay rate should be more because you do so much.
Work at Home
Prescription Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hampton VAJuly 20, 2016
Great People, Great Job, Great work life balance, Position Closed due to a merge with Medco, and Express Scripts it is that simple.
Pros
Great Managment, Support and Training
Cons
low pay
Decent job with decent pay and involved management
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 15, 2016
I handled customer service via phone and email for Toys R Us. I assisted with placing orders, moving orders out of allocated status, and communicated with financial institutions and stores in order to meet customer needs.
Pros
Involved management, decent salary, simple software
Cons
Few benefits and no employee activities
adolescent management
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 6, 2016
management did not have the time to help anyone that was not friends with them. management spent a huge amount of time on breaks.
Pros
Cons
management did not train properly
Great job for anybody to work at
taking order for prescriptions (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 21, 2016
I loved working with this company. Atmosphere was very easy and everybody was very nice to work with.
Pros
nice enviornment
Mgmt was very unpredictable
CSR (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 11, 2016
Working at west was ok untill alorica took over. They cut our hours and pay.
I was the longest employee working there. New csr's would start and leave after a week.
The magagemebt was unqualified and unpredictable.
Pros
NICE EMPLOYEES
Cons
IDIOTIC MANAGEMENT
Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 9, 2016
It's a great job for people that's in school, but that's about it. It's hard to advance in the company. The benefits are extremely weak, the pay is not great, and the job security is the reason why I am currently not working there because I was laid off. Other than that I was extremely grateful of the opportunity they gave me and they were very flexible with my school schedule.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay, Job security and not able to advance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WEST. Our community is ready to answer.