WEST Employee Reviews in United States

fun environment, clean working conditions great scheduling
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHMarch 20, 2016
I loved my job at west my fellow colleagues were great to work with west just had bad management i learned alot about customer service , how to talk to people and gained plenty social skills
Pros
able to make your own schedule
Cons
short breaks sometimes breaks and lunches were cut off if we were too busy
Fun but have to be on your feet
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMarch 6, 2016
It is a fun place to work being around great people but the management is horrible. Co workers keep your day going because their are some good people there. The Hardest part about the job is just sitting in front of the computer for 8 hrs with short breaks.
Pros
Great Co Workers Ok pay
Cons
bad management it make you feel like you are in jail
Challenging place to work
AT&T Wireless Technician (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 1, 2016
Trouble shooting AT&T customers wireless devices, Learning to distinguish with customers if there devices need replacement. What I enjoyed the most was interacting with customers from all around the country.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Having to sit for long periods of time
Good Benefits
Senior Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 1, 2016
They added additional benefits for their employees. Depending on the program your with they will work with your school hours. Their hours are great for a family person with kids.
Exiting work place with snack machine
Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 21, 2016
I would answer the phone calls of customers that wanted service on their cable and needed someone to fix there cable if something was wrong with it. Some times there customer was angry that was the hardest part of the day. I had reassured the customer that an order was being placed for someone to come out and fix there cable. They would feel better after I showed concern about the problem. That was a good thing that I was able to resolve some of their concerns before there cable was fixed by a technician. The most enjoyable part of my day was when I would answer the next call and it would be someone wanting to order cable and they gave me a complement on my service.The management would monitor my calls and the gave me complements on how well i was in my prompt response to the customers' needs. The co-workers I had were laid back and all well mannered. I learned that you can still help someone by doing a good job even if it is over the phone by working at this call center.
Pros
snack machines
Cons
small break area
Interesting occupation, but not a lot of room for advancement.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAFebruary 17, 2016
I absolutely love my job, but I'm also 28 years old and about to top out pay wise in my job title. There is very little turnover in management, so the potential to move up is slim to none. I work with people who have been in the position I am in for 10-15 years, and I am not content staying at this level that long.

Set schedule, 40 hours a week. You get to know your coworkers quickly and working as a team is encouraged.

Hardest part of the job is the new products that are brought in with little training, but if you are quick to learn that won't be a problem either.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the different customers on a constant basis. There is a base group of companies who deal with our department on a regular basis, so you get to network, unintentionally. :)
stressful call volume
Agent (Former Employee) –  s 152 howardFebruary 8, 2016
west was when in training was were your a agent for att prep[aid and postpaid phone taking care of voicemail problems and drop call problems but was put on the floor to soon because of lack of people
Pros
40 hrs week
Cons
high call volume
managemenr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 8, 2016
So many supervisors were trained in a short period of time, they didn't know their job position thoroughly. The head person of the company didn't affiliate with workers, nor did he keep the company fully updated with well needed knowledge. He didn't have any knowledge of most policies as well.
Nice Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 3, 2016
nice place to work hard to move up in the company because employee and something like temps but contractor would be a better word
Pros
You can post you hours and work when u like
It was a fun place to work at
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 26, 2016
I learned alot about the people that i worked with and the people around me that was on my floor. The most enjoyable part of the job was there was no down time until i got done with all of my work.
Contracting Company Worth Working For
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 24, 2016
The building they were located in wasn't particularly outstanding, but I don't think that had anything to do with the company itself. Everyone was considerate and the management was incredibly understanding.

Typically I'd arrive, sit at a desk (the fun part of the job was nothing was 'assigned' beyond the actual work itself!), put the headset on and take the calls. It was incredibly easy to multi-task and maintain a steady work flow. The room was mostly quiet, with the stalls absorbing most of the ambient noise keeping your personal work space clutter and noise-free.

Without a doubt the hardest part of the job was not being able to help certain customers; it was always frustrating having to transfer upset customers to my supervisor.
Schedule Flexibility A+:: Job Security C-
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 19, 2016
Although I love the idea of West and there are many avenues to take for career placement, there is not a lot of security that a program will be attained and you are not guarenteed placement to another program.
But the flexibility to work around your schedule as long as it does not interfere with the customers needs is fabulous!
Pros
Flexibility; Career advancement
Cons
Job Security, Short lunches
Account executive logistics/freight forwarding
Account executive logistics/freight forwarding (Former Employee) –  Ashwaubenon, WIJanuary 6, 2016
Terribly negative environment with extreme micro-managing, poor training and unrealistic goals.
Be careful when accepting a position offered, and get what is promised in writing. The salary they claim you can make is not even close to what you earn.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, short breaks and lunch, broken promises and constant changes of policy
Up scale and professional but fun atmosphere.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJanuary 5, 2016
Took over 50 calls multitasking , wrote details and documented all calls taken, and received, transferred to the appropriate departments, worked with Microsoft word, outlook as well as spectrum, home base, Equator, commit 4 forms and Lafa.
Great work enviroment to advance
employment specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 3, 2016
I started as a customer service agent on the phones and advanced quickly to Employment Specialist in Human Resources and the coworkers and management were great and understanding.
West is an opportunity to coach and develop agents.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCDecember 6, 2015
This company allows supervisors an opportunity to coach and develop people to provide white glove service to advocates. In working for this company, one develops knowledge, skills and abilities that ensures optimal care. The most enjoyable part of the day is interact with agents.
Pros
Coaching and Developing
Cons
It was a great experiance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 3, 2015
I has a great learing experiance working her, I was able to get the feel of working in a office like invironment, something difforent from standing on my feet at a cash registor or stocking shelfs, I was able to speak with diff people from all around the world at times and some where right in my back yard, I can say it was a great lerning experiance and it showed me how to better myself and push for something more then what i was used to.
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 23, 2015
a typical day at work what you learned through management great making money the hardest part of the job dealing with irate people and trying to calm them down Got moved to overseas
Disappointed that my position was eliminated because Alorica bought a goodly portion of West.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 30, 2015
All my workload was computer generated on a daily basis. I was assigned a varying number of cases each day that remained in my control until all the corrections/adjustments of information were made and approved by the initiating department. I increased my proficiency in using excel because I was required to keep track of the progress of each case assigned to me. My supervisor was one of the best I have ever had and even though our group was together for a relatively short period of time we became a close-knit group. The hardest part of this job was all the fine details we had to learn to do our job effectively and accurately. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to do non-work related things when we got caught up and there was not enough work to keep us busy.
Pros
Flexible schedules, free snacks, not being micro-managed
Cons
No paid holidays or paid time off during the first year
fast paced, problem solving, office mgmt, time mgmt, resolve problems, offering exceptional customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 21, 2015
In my last job it was strictly inbound call customer service. Mostly involving unhappy customers. I deescalated and resolved billing, payment, activation, retention and any customer concerns successfully while being timed per call. I learned to read and deal with every type of personality and find a resolution.
What I learned was how to listen to people and know the way to respond. I found out there was virtually no problem I could not solve and if it was not in my authority, after setting forth a resolution my supervisor would be happy to over ride and resolve the issue.
My management was great, As long as you showed them you researched the issue and what needed to be done they jumped in and helped immediately. The first few days I learned I had to come to them with a well thought out resolution because they didn't just fix your problems. I learned a great deal.
At first the hardest part of the job was the people cussing me out and calling me names. After a few days I learned to not take it personally, give them a chance to vent, sympathize, make friends with them and find a resolution.. The hard part wasn't a big deal anymore.
Most enjoyable was helping a customer resolve their problems and ending the call on a good note. They may be from all around the country but I have a lot of people who would like to take me out to lunch. Now that just makes you smile.
Pros
People I worked with and my day was so fast paced it went by so fast.
Cons
In many ways I missed helping people face to face. I enjoy meeting and talking with people.