WEST Employee Reviews

Fun and flexible work schedule
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Marshalltown, IANovember 22, 2016
Enjoyed the work and the people. Enjoyed the flexible work schedule with a growing family. Very straight forward what was expected from you. Ryan is a great supervisor and will to help when needed.
Productive very good learning environment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 26, 2016
Good employment unfortunately very strict on attendance adherence. Very professional atmosphere. Great beginners job when wanting to expand a career in customer service.
Amazing Fast Paced work environment with goal oriented and active supervisors
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Pensacola, FLAugust 27, 2016
Constant Call Flow, Up to date Technology, Bi-weekly bonuses, Sales and Customer Retention, Billing, Account Auditing, Scheduled work orders for customers, issues area wide outages,
Fun but have to be on your feet
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMarch 6, 2016
It is a fun place to work being around great people but the management is horrible. Co workers keep your day going because their are some good people there. The Hardest part about the job is just sitting in front of the computer for 8 hrs with short breaks.
Pros
Great Co Workers Ok pay
Cons
bad management it make you feel like you are in jail
Poor working conditions
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2016
Poor. They treat employees really bad. Management thinks that employees are disposable. I left because I could not stand the treatment managers gave team members.
Decent work but not very stable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 23, 2016
Job was interesting, however the company was sold without notice and jobs are outsourced based on contracting company. Some of the managers were not familiar with employer policies as well.
West Inc. Co_Workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHSeptember 7, 2016
My experiences with the other employees were very favorable. I enjoyed the majority of my co-workers. Company was fine.
Schedule Flexibility A+:: Job Security C-
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 19, 2016
Although I love the idea of West and there are many avenues to take for career placement, there is not a lot of security that a program will be attained and you are not guarenteed placement to another program.
But the flexibility to work around your schedule as long as it does not interfere with the customers needs is fabulous!
Pros
Flexibility; Career advancement
Cons
Job Security, Short lunches
convenient place to work that is always hiring
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2016
simple job description with adequate paid training. highly relaxed work atmosphere. management always helpful but not always friendly and co-workers are pleasant.
Didn't work there for very long
Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 4, 2016
It was very metric oriented. Training was minimal. I did not work there for long but it seemed to have minimal focus on actually helping the customer.
Great job for anybody to work at
taking order for prescriptions (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 21, 2016
I loved working with this company. Atmosphere was very easy and everybody was very nice to work with.
Pros
nice enviornment
the job is ok
nice job (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 21, 2016
The job itself was ok. the duties was easy the only thing is there is a lot of racism. the pay rate should be more because you do so much.
Lack of Employee Appreciation
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJune 15, 2015
During my 8 yrs at West I was disappointed with the lack of employee appreciation. The company doesn't have a structure that allows employees from smaller market areas to advance within the company. The most valuable lesson that I learned at my time with West is that as an employee I should be primarily concerned with my personal needs as it was apparent to me that putting the companies needs before my own were not met with much appreciation. Many of the members of management are allowed to make decisions that service them better than the needs of the company. The hardest part of my job was working under an "Associate Director" that had never had a direct report before accepting that position. That led to a poorly performing office in which many issues took much more time to resolve than necessary. I also believe it was a primary reason for the project being relocated to an alternate office.
Pros
Some oppertunities to win SWAG.
Cons
No room for advancement in small market areas
Disappointed that my position was eliminated because Alorica bought a goodly portion of West.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 30, 2015
All my workload was computer generated on a daily basis. I was assigned a varying number of cases each day that remained in my control until all the corrections/adjustments of information were made and approved by the initiating department. I increased my proficiency in using excel because I was required to keep track of the progress of each case assigned to me. My supervisor was one of the best I have ever had and even though our group was together for a relatively short period of time we became a close-knit group. The hardest part of this job was all the fine details we had to learn to do our job effectively and accurately. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to do non-work related things when we got caught up and there was not enough work to keep us busy.
Pros
Flexible schedules, free snacks, not being micro-managed
Cons
No paid holidays or paid time off during the first year
Good Benefits
Senior Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 1, 2016
They added additional benefits for their employees. Depending on the program your with they will work with your school hours. Their hours are great for a family person with kids.
Nice Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 3, 2016
nice place to work hard to move up in the company because employee and something like temps but contractor would be a better word
Pros
You can post you hours and work when u like
Flexibility with a hint of fun
Time management (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 31, 2016
This job was very family friendly and gave me the hours I needed to provide for my family and also be able to enjoy my family. I enjoyed the environment and going into work everyday.
Great company
Sr Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 11, 2016
Spent over 10 years with company. Lots of great people to work for and learned a lot over the years. Great company to learn the ins and outs on customer service.
make as much over time want
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 1, 2016
good place to work you can make as much over time you want very professional and have good workers clean place safe place to be
Productive work place
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 15, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. The company worked together as a team to meet a the common goal of the company and practice the open door policy.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
no overtime ofered