Westaff Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun work place
Empleado de Almacén (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 21, 2016
Good, responsible and kind to their employees, good deal and very comfortable to work, safety and reliability in their heads, very respectful and friendly, it was a pleasure to work with them, if I had the chance to work with them would.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
short break
not a good company to go thru for a job
Customer Service Representative/Cerical (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJuly 20, 2016
Never calls you back. I been calling to check the status of jobs because they have been posting jobs online under westaff. Every time I call and asked for the person who is over my application either she not there or she is on the only line.. poor company to go with for a job. They only help who they want to help. I give them a zero for a rating
Cons
n/a
Friendly staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 14, 2016
Enjoyed working through Westaff, the staff was friendly and very always met my needs regardless of what they may have been.
money hungry
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 14, 2016
they will hire anyone just to get money i dont have anything else to say about poor managment and baad work ethics to ensure quality treatment from work managment
Pros
have some good jobs they send you to
Cons
money hungry just didnt care about our benefits and health and life situations
Loved working here
General Warehouse (Former Employee) –  St. Albans, VTJuly 9, 2016
I really enjoyed working at diversified because everyone worked really well together and did whatever it took to get the job done. I started out there as a job placement not getting paid to being hired through a temp agency and then on to being the floor supervisor in a matter of a year and a half.
Pros
Job advancement opportunitys, Hours of operation were appropriate for my schedule at the time, very comfortable setting to work in
Cons
At times the job could get stressful, but that can happen anywhere u work its just in how u react to it
bookkeeping
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 5, 2016
I worked for this company for 7 months, they placed me at an electric company. It was a very nice place to work with very nice people.
Proceed with caution
Personnel Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CTMay 31, 2016
Most days, the work was rewarding. After all, you are helping people find jobs. It requires a high level of organization and multi-tasking. You definitely need to come in with this skill set. Great to get some experience in the field but after that, leave.

The cons-Very poor training. Management does not communicate well at all. They either yell at you or ignore you. They are 100% problem driven and do not help find solutions just blame you for everything. They do not build up their workers, in fact they pushed a lot of good people out. It is a constant revolving door to the point that clients are concerned. They just keep hiring new people as a Band-Aid. After a few months the cycle starts again. Its quite sad because the company has a lot of potential.
Pros
ability to make commission
Cons
Management, training, compensation
various tasks and jobs
shipping/receiving clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 11, 2016
depending where your at it can be very good or challenging, on the job help is available, different types of tasks to learn from, stafff is helpful
never had an issue on any job i was sent to
light industrial,packing,,assembly,inspecting etc. (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 15, 2016
I always enjoyed the staff and appreciate them for trying their best to keep me employed.overall the people I worked with were pleasant.i never had any issues.
Pros
were able to keep you on certain jobs for long periods of time
Cons
pay rate
Prositive and helpful
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 4, 2016
This company offers staffing for all your job needs. I've worked many assignments for them all paying well and clerical positions.
Fast and East Temp Service
Temporary Employment at Westaff (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOMarch 31, 2016
Temp Service working in several different job fields. Great people in the office. Some of the jobs offered are a lot of hard work.
Reliable and always willing to help find you a way to earn some income.
On-Call Temporary Personnel (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLMarch 28, 2016
Great staff that assist your needs when it comes to making some income. Fast, reliable and on their feet looking for a project site to place their candidates at.
Pros
There is always temp assignments on deck.
Cons
Yet to find a temp to perm position.
great company
Recuiter and Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 15, 2016
Great co workers and work environment. Enjoyed my time there and felt very supported by management. Left to have family.
It Was An Alright Temp Service But Pay Was Low
(Temp Serv) Trans World Ent (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 22, 2016
I Worked Here For A Temp. Service The Found Me A Job Quick I Just Didn't Like The Pay To Much But The Location They Put Me At Was Good Because It Taught Thinks In The Warehouse I Didn't Know About Like Inventory Count, And Forklift
great
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 19, 2016
i enjoyed the freedom of the flexible schedule. i also liked working primarily by myself. i disliked the pay and extended part time schedule.
very productive
Culinary Tech (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 18, 2016
good atmosphere to be around. there is never a dull moment. something that i have learned is how to answer the telephone correctly. the hardest part about is telling clients bad news.
Changes
Personnel Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVFebruary 17, 2016
The owners were very rude. Never polite or courteous in emails or by phone. Never had an experience like it. Had to be the janitor as well as all aspects of hiring, drug screening and payroll
Daily Tasks
Cashiering Associate (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOFebruary 16, 2016
My daily job task are the same everyday. I enter in check request, complete other duties in a timely manner and I send out delinquent letters. I work in a team environment where we all work together to get things accomplished. I enjoy the co-workers I work with on a daily, my own desk/office space, and instead of a lunch we get small breaks throughout the day.
Pros
Work a regular 8 hour shift with no lunch
Cons
Time goes by slow
machine helper
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 13, 2016
i learned how to assist the operator of different types of machinery and how to do different jobs of the printing process
this company is no longer operating
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 8, 2016
This was a very laid back and friendly environment. Honestly if the company hadn.t closed down I would probably still be there