WestAmerica Bank Employee Reviews in United States

DDE sucks!
Direct data entry clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAAugust 18, 2016
The supervisor is a joke! She doesnt care about anybody but herself. Never gives us credit, expects us to go above & beyond without any kind of increase. Her answers are very inconsistent. The department is not on the same page. Its falling apart & it's all her fault. Company is stuck in the 80's. Nothing is done electronically. Save yourself some stress & apply else where!
Pros
Off on weekends.
Cons
Management is a JOKE!
Great Company
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAApril 13, 2016
Westamerica Bank is a great company to work for. I would recommend this bank for anyone looking for a bank .Westamerica prides itself with excellent customer service.
great staff, lousy management
CSR/BRM (Former Employee) –  American Canyon, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Stuck in the 80s technology wise, expected you to bring in business clients and loans....it was like going to a gun fight with a water pistol ....unrealistic goals, the head of the loan department was very unprofessional and made things very personal....employees hadn't had a raise in 5 years, do not work here
Pros
My staff
Cons
everything else
bleh
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoyed working with my coworkers but did not like westamerica itself. unrealistic sales goals for slow branches. questionable practices.
Pros
pto, regular set schedule
Horrible culture
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CANovember 10, 2015
This place used to be a very positive place to work at. However, over the past 10 years, the lack of investment in technology, no pay raises in 5 years (regardless of your productivity), management by an iron fist, lack of teamwork between departments, no follow up by senior management, the list can on and on and on.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Compensation, culture, trust with upper management
Lowest compensation for any bank position
On-call Teller (Former Employee) –  Napa, CASeptember 10, 2015
Assistant customer services managers are basically head of Bank operations but are paid as "Assistants" Heavy product sales goals with little customer interest. OLD FASHION TECHNOLOGY = more manual labor work for tellers.
The Lakeport branch was fantastic. They worked with you to achieve your goals.
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Lakeport, CAAugust 12, 2015
Overall WestAmerica Bank gave their employees good opportunities, especially if you were good at sales. The possibilities were enormous.
Pros
The more you sold, the more the financial possibilities.
Cons
The sales goals set for their employees were sometimes unrealistic for this area.
Ok place to work, it pays the bills.
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAAugust 4, 2015
I learned a lot in the years being there. The management is ok but some micro-managing is involved. My co-workers are the best and very hard workers. The hardest part of my job is wanting to be there. The most enjoyable thing is being with the people I work with.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
low pay and lots of work
stuck in the past.
New Accounts (Former Employee) –  Sebastopol, CAMay 4, 2015
Needs improvement and to keep up with the times. Very dark ages and no customer incentve to stay.Technology was lacking
Love my job
Corporate Training Officer (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 3, 2015
Non micro managing manager. Input asked for and respected. Love teaching new hires, tellers, new supervisors. Lots of cross training. Work with a great team
Fun workplace
Universal Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cordelia, CAApril 30, 2015
I love everyone that worked there like my family. The company was not run well from the top-down. I think everyone working there should get a raise.
ok
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 11, 2015
open counts, train new tellers, audit, operations manager, sales, assist the commercial manager, very productive o-workers, very flexible company when needed a day off, after working for this company for 13 year he hard thing is not able to communicate with other company or people because they have no internet access
Pros
customer service oriented company
Cons
noe
Productive and Intense
Information & Data Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Manage information and data security systems. Experienced in IT troubleshooting and online support. Fast paced work environment with updates on our systems daily.
Teller's perspective
Teller (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 26, 2015
The primary focus and requirement at Westamerica Bank are sales, sales, and more SALES. For the "Teller" job description, primary duties are cross-selling bank products to customers, cold-calling unknown people to persuade them to become Westamerica customers, sales quotas (and did I mention sales?). Traditional teller's responsibilities, skills and duties are important, but not as valued as the sales focus of the job.
Terrible management!
. (Former Employee) –  Grass ValleyDecember 15, 2014
In the six months I worked there 12 employees quit including 2 assistant managers because the head supervisor is so awful! She is rude, unethical, catty, lazy, and does not know anything about the operations of a bank, let alone customer service. To top it off I got paid less than any other bank I've worked at. Do not apply!
NSF Department-Lacks consistancy and supervisor is in over her head.
Central Services Clerk II (Former Employee) –  FairfieldAugust 13, 2014
The whole department is chaos. Starts with the supervisor, she lacks the knowledge of her own job so if you have a question with the job she tells you to do; she never knows the answer so she tells you to read your procedures... Procedures themselves are inconsistant, all over the place, unclear. The specialist of the department is even more clueless that her, so rather than doing her actual job she nit picks everything else, and acts like she to busy to help you out but if you glance at her throughout the day shes staring at her cubicle wall. Everyone in that department hates there job, but its a paycheck. NOT EVEN A GOOD ONE AT THAT FOR WORKING FOR A BANK WHO MAKES MILLIONS A YEAR. Benefits suck, super expensive monthly plus huge copays. The coworkers in the department are super cool (Melissa & Ashley). If you work for the fairfield corporate office by Solano College the last resort/option should be NSF department.
Pros
a small paycheck
Cons
everything else
Management is lacking
Word Prossessing (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 25, 2014
there is too much drama, and management doesn't seem to care. if you have been there a while seems like nothing your do will get you in trouble even if you are in MAJOR violation of the company rules
Pros
good experiance
Cons
unprofessional co-workers, no help from management
Diverse company with many different areas/skills to aquire
SENIOR MERCHANT TELLER (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 12, 2014
This was a customer service driven company, so a majority of my day focused on making the customers happy. I enjoyed my coworkers and management. The company is very conservative & had a strict dress code and customer service requirements.

Overall the job was easy, but that came with the sacrifice of poor benefits.
Pros
great coworkers & management
Cons
poor benefits
Great place to start out in banking, great training
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, CAJune 2, 2014
I have learned a lot about the ins and outs of banking. The hardest part about the job is the possiblity of getting robbed. I had a lot of fun saleing products to client.
review
Branch Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 3, 2014
management did not work with employees and no room for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WestAmerica Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6