WestAmerica Bank

WestAmerica Bank Employee Reviews

Love my job
Corporate Training Officer (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAMay 3, 2015
Non micro managing manager. Input asked for and respected. Love teaching new hires, tellers, new supervisors. Lots of cross training. Work with a great team
Fun workplace
Universal Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cordelia, CAApril 30, 2015
I love everyone that worked there like my family. The company was not run well from the top-down. I think everyone working there should get a raise.
ok
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Napa, CAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: customer service oriented company
Cons: noe
open counts, train new tellers, audit, operations manager, sales, assist the commercial manager, very productive o-workers, very flexible company when needed a day off, after working for this company for 13 year he hard thing is not able to communicate with other company or people because they have no internet access
Productive and Intense
Information & Data Security Specialist (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Manage information and data security systems. Experienced in IT troubleshooting and online support. Fast paced work environment with updates on our systems daily.
Teller's perspective
Teller (Former Employee), San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 26, 2015
The primary focus and requirement at Westamerica Bank are sales, sales, and more SALES. For the "Teller" job description, primary duties are cross-selling bank products to customers, cold-calling unknown people to persuade them to become Westamerica customers, sales quotas (and did I mention sales?). Traditional teller's responsibilities, skills and duties are important, but not as valued as the sales focus of the job.
Terrible management!
. (Former Employee), Grass ValleyDecember 15, 2014
In the six months I worked there 12 employees quit including 2 assistant managers because the head supervisor is so awful! She is rude, unethical, catty, lazy, and does not know anything about the operations of a bank, let alone customer service. To top it off I got paid less than any other bank I've worked at. Do not apply!
NSF Department-Lacks consistancy and supervisor is in over her head.
Central Services Clerk II (Former Employee), FairfieldAugust 13, 2014
Pros: a small paycheck
Cons: everything else
The whole department is chaos. Starts with the supervisor, she lacks the knowledge of her own job so if you have a question with the job she tells you to do; she never knows the answer so she tells you to read your procedures... Procedures themselves are inconsistant, all over the place, unclear. The specialist of the department is even more clueless that her, so rather than doing her actual job she nit picks everything else, and acts like she to busy to help you out but if you glance at her throughout the day shes staring at her cubicle wall. Everyone in that department hates there job, but its a paycheck. NOT EVEN A GOOD ONE AT THAT FOR WORKING FOR A BANK WHO MAKES MILLIONS A YEAR. Benefits suck, super expensive monthly plus huge copays. The coworkers in the department are super cool (Melissa & Ashley). If you work for the fairfield corporate office by Solano College the last resort/option should be NSF department.
Management is lacking
Word Prossessing (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAJune 25, 2014
Pros: good experiance
Cons: unprofessional co-workers, no help from management
there is too much drama, and management doesn't seem to care. if you have been there a while seems like nothing your do will get you in trouble even if you are in MAJOR violation of the company rules
Diverse company with many different areas/skills to aquire
SENIOR MERCHANT TELLER (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAJune 12, 2014
Pros: great coworkers & management
Cons: poor benefits
This was a customer service driven company, so a majority of my day focused on making the customers happy. I enjoyed my coworkers and management. The company is very conservative & had a strict dress code and customer service requirements.

Overall the job was easy, but that came with the sacrifice of poor benefits.
Great place to start out in banking, great training
Teller (Former Employee), Lafayette, CAJune 2, 2014
I have learned a lot about the ins and outs of banking. The hardest part about the job is the possiblity of getting robbed. I had a lot of fun saleing products to client.
review
Branch Services Officer (Current Employee), Livermore, CAMay 3, 2014
management did not work with employees and no room for growth
Productive great place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Los Banos, CAApril 6, 2014
This company was a great place to learn and build my experience in management. I was able to meet many new business partners and help the bank grow in deposits and new business. I had the pleasure to work with an awesome team of coworkers that enjoyed being number one.
Decent Pay
Facilities Support Specialist (Former Employee), Fairfield, CaApril 3, 2014
Decent pay, company vehicle, and steady work. No time for family. Saturdays mandatory
Great Company/Horrible Management
HR Administration Technician (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAMarch 25, 2014
I worked in the HR Department and this company is widely out of compliance on state and federal levels but refuses to do the work to get it together. When you speak with the management, they would rather get rid of you than fix their organization. High turnover in HR and the branches for a number of reasons.
not good
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Grass Valley, CAMarch 24, 2014
Cons: no benifits
Part time on call not enough hours. Management promoted friends instead of tenure
Good place to get into the industry.
Data Entry Operator II (Current Employee), FairfieldMarch 6, 2014
Each day at work is routine. You answer phone calls from branches while doing other maintenances to clients accounts. The people who work for the company are very friendly and more female oriented. Management could be better. There are times where management lacks the knowledge to a certain procedure.
Terrible Company to work with!
Teller III (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CaJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: pays the bills
Cons: no advancements or job security
Turn over is extremely high! Since most custmers are older! They hate you cause they dont know you and you dont know them so have fun asking for their i.d. Alot of upset customers and alot of unhappy employees! This company is cheap! Changing a customers address and number has to be a call to another department in which they have to change it, if they remember! So ALOT of follow up!! Which you don't need outside of your normal work load. Sales sales sales!! Which is ok but if you never been in banking be afraid with this company! Technology is pitifull!! (If its slow its not broken, so why fix it) you still need to use that ridiculous credit card metal swiping contraption with the carbon paper. Nothings digital! Paperwork paperwork paperwork! Cause you have to do what computers wont here. One computer to sign up new accounts which is always taken so bye to your sales. A loss for your pocket and a waste of your time getting them to finally open an account! They breed con artists! They get new hires excited to start and run them to the ground. Regional manager is two faced, rude and wishy washy! Very Ungrateful! Expect to pick up more than an extra mile! Best quote used towards employees " Why are you here?" Nobody is secure here!! They are always hiring cause they are always firing!!! If anyone has nothing but good to say its only fake to make this company look something of what it truly is - TERRIBLE! Only good temporarily.
This company is not a place where you can expect to grow rather how much can you charge each customer to put money into upper managements pockets
Manager (Former Employee), californiaJanuary 13, 2014
Cons: everything
I would not recommend this bank to anyone. it wants customers with big money but have no technology to support the demands of those customers. employees are treated like line workers and there is no compassion or any interest in anyone persons career development. Employees have not gotten a raise in more then 5 years but upper management keep getting nice bonuses.
Good bank, favoritism occurred too frequently.
Loan Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAJanuary 10, 2014
It was okay working there but since I was young and in shape many of my co-workers harassed me by complaining about my clothes and honesty. I would get sent home if my pants showed my ankles. I was a floater and could do just about any job there but my co-workers would hate on me because of it. It is a good company but the employees are questionable.
Great workplace.
Branch Service Officer (Current Employee), Santa Rosa, CADecember 26, 2013
Pros: flexibilty
- Opening procedure. Officer (me) with teller in dual do morning rounds (process night drop and atms, prepare cash shipment). Morning reports which consist of NSF, KITE suspect, and OD accts reports. Supervise tellers, and assist with transactions. Open -accounts, review customer accounts and cross-sell products.
-Opening of all types of consumer business accounts.
-Have a flexible manager who cares about his employees, I assist in the coaching of the tellers.
-Not being to find a solution for a customer.
-Being able to do beneficial cross-sell of our products that the customer will truly benefit from. Great customer service.

1 2 3

About WestAmerica Bank

Annie get your checkbook? Maybe not as wild as Buffalo Bill's West, but Westamerica Bancorporation still shoots high with its subsidiary – Read more

WestAmerica Bank Salaries