Westar Energy Employee Reviews

Ok place to work if not for the rediculous management.
Worker (Former Employee), ManhattanApril 25, 2014
Cons: management is bad
If you want to be micromanaged work here. It seems like you need to check in to go to the bathroom. As I had read in a previous review, it is so bad that everyone is afraid of making the wrong move and getting fired. It is no fun working like that!!!
Loved the job, disliked the way it was ran.
CSR/Meter reader/Electric Serviceperson (Former Employee), Wichita, KSSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: compensation, holidays, vacation
Cons: management
Westar Energy was a great place to work, benefits and compensation wise, the work itself wasn't bad at all and I loved the work I did. The way the management runs the company isn't the way a company should be ran. They micromanage everyone until everyone has a very low moral. If you aren't in the "in crowd" you have no way of advancing at all. You will be stuck in the same position.
Fast paced work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: great pay and benefits.
Cons: quantity is valued over quality, our time is micromanaged to the point that we must report when we go to the bathroom.
As a CSR (customer service representative) for Westar Energy I speak with numerous people a day over the phone. I try to resolve any problems they may have and answer any questions pertaining to their account billing and electric service. I assist customers also trying to access their account online on our website. I am a bilingual CSR so I also take several Spanish calls throughout the day. I have learned how to maintain a professional attitude during each and every call regardless of the nature of the call. The most gratifying aspect of my job is when a customer is genuinely happy and thanking me for assisting them, it makes me feel good to know that I was able to do something to help them out.
Review of Westar
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits, co workers
Cons: stress
Data entry, 10 key, multi task, multi line phones, fax, email, payments, being able to do the same thing over and over again every day but every day you learn something new, being able to bite your tongue when getting yelled at by a customer and being able to calm that customer down
Stability and Friendships
Computer Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Topeka, KSSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: fast-paced and systematic
Cons: layoff was unexpected
worked in a highly energized department that was fast-paced and enjoyable. I learned to be an effective leader there